PDA

View Full Version : Obama rejects being Clinton's No. 2

CrimsonWhite
03-11-2008, 01:00 AM
(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama flatly rejected suggestions Monday he would be a vice presidential running mate for Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, Obama's rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, and her husband, former President Clinton, have suggested a joint Clinton-Obama ticket -- with Obama in the second slot.

President Clinton Saturday suggested a Clinton-Obama ticket would be "unstoppable."

"He would win the urban areas and the upscale voters. She would win the rural areas that we lost when President Reagan was president," he said while campaigning in Pass Christian, Mississippi. "If you put those two things together, you'd have an almost unstoppable force."

Obama forcefully shot that idea down.

"Sen. Clinton is fighting hard. She's tenacious. I respect her for that. She is working hard to win the nomination. But I want everybody to be absolutely clear. I'm not running for vice president. I'm running for president of the United States of America," Obama told supporters during a rally in Columbus, Mississippi.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/10/dems.campaign/index.html

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
But would hitlery reject being hussein's number 2?

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 03:07 PM
But would hitlery reject being hussein's number 2?

if she was his number 2 (hehe...poop...), he would more than likely be assassinated early in his time as President.

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
if she was his number 2 (hehe...poop...), he would more than likely be assassinated early in his time as President.

Either that or we'd see history made when somebody whacked them both.

DragonStryk72
03-12-2008, 02:02 AM
(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama flatly rejected suggestions Monday he would be a vice presidential running mate for Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, Obama's rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, and her husband, former President Clinton, have suggested a joint Clinton-Obama ticket -- with Obama in the second slot.

President Clinton Saturday suggested a Clinton-Obama ticket would be "unstoppable."

"He would win the urban areas and the upscale voters. She would win the rural areas that we lost when President Reagan was president," he said while campaigning in Pass Christian, Mississippi. "If you put those two things together, you'd have an almost unstoppable force."

Obama forcefully shot that idea down.

"Sen. Clinton is fighting hard. She's tenacious. I respect her for that. She is working hard to win the nomination. But I want everybody to be absolutely clear. I'm not running for vice president. I'm running for president of the United States of America," Obama told supporters during a rally in Columbus, Mississippi.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/10/dems.campaign/index.html

So basically, we're trying to figure if she'll be on top, or if she'll be working underneath him

I'm sorry, it's 3 am, and I couldn't stay away from the comment.