PDA

View Full Version : Fox Fallon gets the axe - more Bush dissent is silenced!

retiredman
03-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Fox Fallon, former CO of the VA-65 Fighting Tigers, and former shipmate of mine, is cut out of Bush's inner circle of yes-men for not saying "yes" all the time. A sad day.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/03/11/fallon.resigns/index.html

manu1959
03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Fox Fallon, former CO of the VA-65 Fighting Tigers, and former shipmate of mine, is cut out of Bush's inner circle of yes-men for not saying "yes" all the time. A sad day.

he quit......

Yurt
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Admiral Fallon reached this difficult decision entirely on his own.

more mfm "facts".....

manu1959
03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Admiral Fallon reached this difficult decision entirely on his own.

more mfm "facts".....

nah....darth cheney .... jedi mind fucked him into quiting....

diuretic
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
They said he made his decision entirely on his own :laugh2:

Wanna buy a bridge? :lmao:

Yurt
03-11-2008, 05:48 PM
nah....darth cheney .... jedi mind fucked him into quiting....

http://www.miraesoft.com/karel/images/darthcheney.jpg

quote, 'The current embarrassing situation, public perception of differences between my views and administration policy, and the distraction this causes from the mission make this the right thing to do,' unquote

BoogyMan
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Hmm, since he said that your claim is wrong in the article you posted, I hope you will enlighten us with what snooping equipment you used to obtain this little gem of information.

Adm. William Fallon has resigned as chief of U.S. forces in the Middle East and Central Asia after more than a year in the post, citing what he called an inaccurate perception that he is at odds with the Bush administration over Iran.

glockmail
03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
maineman takes another pitiful swipe at Bush and falls on his ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

retiredman
03-11-2008, 07:15 PM

precisely.

to suggest that Fallon came to this decision all by his lonesome requires the willing suspension of disbelief.

but bushlovers have proven their skill at that for seven years now.:laugh2:

Yurt
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
precisely.

to suggest that Fallon came to this decision all by his lonesome requires the willing suspension of disbelief.

but bushlovers have proven their skill at that for seven years now.:laugh2:

didn't you make a big deal about listening to what obama said and me not inferring what he really meant? the man said he came to the conclusion on his own. are you calling him a liar?

Yurt
03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
how the FUCK do you claim to know what "in reality" Obama means? Do you have some fucking cyrstal ball????

your words.....

retiredman
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
didn't you make a big deal about listening to what obama said and me not inferring what he really meant? the man said he came to the conclusion on his own. are you calling him a liar?

I am calling him a professional military officer who remains loyal to his chain of command even when getting fired. I am sure it would never occur to him to do otherwise.

"The president wants your resignation and he wants you to say it was your idea"

"aye aye sir"

Yurt
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I am calling him a professional military officer who remains loyal to his chain of command even when getting fired. I am sure it would never occur to him to do otherwise.

"The president wants your resignation and he wants you to say it was your idea"

"aye aye sir"

how the FUCK do you claim to know what "in reality" Obama means? Do you have some fucking cyrstal ball????

bullypulpit
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
he quit......

Just like everyone else who failed to follow unquestioningly where Chimpy McPresident leads.

Hey, I've got some hot property in New York...Central Park...I'll sell it to ya for $2500.00 cash money.

retiredman
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM

as a career professional naval officer, I am well aware of the professional code of ethics and what it would require Fallon to say. Do you have anything in your past that would offer you a similar perspective?

bullypulpit
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Just like everyone else who failed to follow unquestioningly where Chimpy McPresident leads.

Hey, I've got some hot property in New York...Central Park...I'll sell it to ya for $2500.00 cash money.

And Yurt, you might actually want to READ the <a href=http://www.esquire.com/features/fox-fallon>Esquire</a> article...If your attention span and reading comprehension are up to the task, that is.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
as a career professional naval officer, I am well aware of the professional code of ethics and what it would require Fallon to say. Do you have anything in your past that would offer you a similar perspective?

can you cite to the facts that support your conclusion? his words....nope. you have no facts and have to fall back on your purported professional past as "evidence" that this in fact occurred this time.

you didn't like it when i went behind the facade of obama's rhetoric, we now see that you have no problem doing that when it suits your agenda. thats intellectual dishonesty.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
And Yurt, you might actually want to READ the <a href=http://www.esquire.com/features/fox-fallon>Esquire</a> article...If your attention span and reading comprehension are up to the task, that is.

Past American governments have used saber rattling as a useful tactic to get some bad actor on the world stage to fall in line. This government hasn't mastered that kind of subtlety. When Dick Cheney has rattled his saber, it has generally meant that he intends to use it.

what a novel concept

retiredman
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
can you cite to the facts that support your conclusion? his words....nope. you have no facts and have to fall back on your purported professional past as "evidence" that this in fact occurred this time.

you didn't like it when i went behind the facade of obama's rhetoric, we now see that you have no problem doing that when it suits your agenda. thats intellectual dishonesty.

you went "behind the facade of Obama's rhetoric" - with no experience to guide your excursion - for the partisan aim of discrediting him.

I suggested that Fallon, like all professional military officers , would fall on his sword if his CinC told him to, and I make that suggestion, not to discredit Fox in any way, but to tell you, from my own experience as a career professional naval officer what exactly the code of ethics would lead him to do and to say.

Did you READ the Esquire article? He saw it coming. He said as much.

Dilloduck
03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
you went "behind the facade of Obama's rhetoric" - with no experience to guide your excursion - for the partisan aim of discrediting him.

I suggested that Fallon, like all professional military officers , would fall on his sword if his CinC told him to, and I make that suggestion, not to discredit Fox in any way, but to tell you, from my own experience as a career professional naval officer what exactly the code of ethics would lead him to do and to say.

I suggest your guessing as to why Fallon resigned.

retiredman
03-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I suggest your guessing as to why Fallon resigned.

Perhaps. In my case, it is a well educated guess, however.

And speaking of "educated", it is "you're", not "your".:lol:

Dilloduck
03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Perhaps. In my case, it is a well educated guess, however.

And speaking of "educated", it is "you're", not "your".:lol:

oh curses--you really showed me :laugh2:

retiredman
03-11-2008, 09:56 PM
oh curses--you really showed me :laugh2:

that is not the point. Since I have not spoken privately with Fox Fallon since he "resigned", clearly, I am making an educated guess as to what happened.

But my guess does have some experiential background that makes is more than a random coin flip sort of guess.

You chose to discount that, but for no reason other than you don't like my conclusion.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM

so now you are saying that one has to have experience in order to make an opinion? what exactly is your experience with regards to obama? :poke:

i don't care if you were a high ranking officer, it bears absolutely no "experience" for what happened in this individual case. you are still guessing and have no facts to support your opinion and speculation.

you are calling the man a liar. is that the experience you gained as a professional naval officer? you really sunk yourself a hole insisting on this "experience" thing. it is going to come back and haunt you.

retiredman
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
so now you are saying that one has to have experience in order to make an opinion? what exactly is your experience with regards to obama? :poke:

i don't care if you were a high ranking officer, it bears absolutely no "experience" for what happened in this individual case. you are still guessing and have no facts to support your opinion and speculation.

you are calling the man a liar. is that the experience you gained as a professional naval officer? you really sunk yourself a hole insisting on this "experience" thing. it is going to come back and haunt you.

You were the one who was going behind the facade of Obama's rhetoric, not me.

And I am not calling him a liar. I am saying he would willingly fall on his sword if his CinC asked him.

I ask you again...did you READ the Esquire article? In Fallon's statement to the press about his resignation, he did not once state that the article was inaccurate in any way. He predicted that he would have a short stay. He KNEW that the way he was doing his job was ruffling feathers. That didn't stop him from doing his job. He was clear about what he wanted to accomplish before his job ended and he did not get it accomplished, which is another clue that would suggest that someone else "suggested" he resign.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
You were the one who was going behind the facade of Obama's rhetoric, not me.

And I am not calling him a liar. I am saying he would willingly fall on his sword if his CinC asked him.

I ask you again...did you READ the Esquire article? In Fallon's statement to the press about his resignation, he did not once state that the article was inaccurate in any way. He predicted that he would have a short stay. He KNEW that the way he was doing his job was ruffling feathers. That didn't stop him from doing his job. He was clear about what he wanted to accomplish before his job ended and he did not get it accomplished, which is another clue that would suggest that someone else "suggested" he resign.

i already quoted that article in response to bully....

your intellectual dishonesty is amazing.... you can repeat your speculations ad naseum, but that won't make them any more factual or truthful. you got so upset that i didn't take obama at his word, but here, because of your alleged experience in the navy, you somehow are entitled to take a man's word and discredit it as "falling on the sword."

retiredman
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
i already quoted that article in response to bully....

your intellectual dishonesty is amazing.... you can repeat your speculations ad naseum, but that won't make them any more factual or truthful. you got so upset that i didn't take obama at his word, but here, because of your alleged experience in the navy, you somehow are entitled to take a man's word and discredit it as "falling on the sword."

I do not discredit anything. I credit him with doing the honorable thing. I know the guy. I did a seven month Med deployment with him. He is a class act. I would never say anything to discredit him.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 10:27 PM
I do not discredit anything. I credit him with doing the honorable thing. I know the guy. I did a seven month Med deployment with him. He is a class act. I would never say anything to discredit him.

why don't you contact him and find out exactly what happened then? until then, don't you think it is disrespectful to say the exact opposite of his quoted take on what happened?

retiredman
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
why don't you contact him and find out exactly what happened then? until then, don't you think it is disrespectful to say the exact opposite of his quoted take on what happened?

NO. I don't. I would imagine that every career naval officer on the planet is speculating exactly what I am.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
NO. I don't. I would imagine that every career naval officer on the planet is speculating exactly what I am.

coolio then

and, it doesn't take a naval officer to speculate like you either

retiredman
03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
coolio then

and, it doesn't take a naval officer to speculate like you either

I never said it did... but being one, gives a bit more credence to my speculation.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I never said it did... but being one, gives a bit more credence to my speculation.

i'm trained in the art of words....so you should bow to my widsom on obama :laugh2:

retiredman
03-11-2008, 10:50 PM
i'm trained in the art of words....so you should bow to my widsom on obama :laugh2:

if you ever exhibited any wisdom, I'd be standing in line to recognize it.

Dilloduck
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM

:laugh2: wow--I'm impressed---how about you, Yurt ? :laugh2:

Yurt
03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
if you ever exhibited any wisdom, I'd be standing in line to recognize it.

too bad you wouldn't recognize true wisdom if it bit you on the nose......

facts are opinions to you and opinions are facts to you

hail to the professional naval officer :salute:

retiredman
03-11-2008, 11:02 PM
:laugh2: wow--I'm impressed---how about you, Yurt ? :laugh2:

dillo...I am not trying to impress you, I am merely suggesting that my life's experiences give me a perspective on the ethical framework used by Admiral Fallon that those who were not career naval officers would not necessarily have.

I do not know what you do or have done as a profession in your life, but if that profession did have a code of ethical behavior, I would respect your knowledge of it.

From Yurt's way of thinking, I have "lied" to my subordinates countless times. When my commanding officer suggested a course of action that I disagreed with, I stated my disagreement behind closed doors. Sometimes, I was able to convince the skipper to try it my way, sometimes I was not. When I LEFT his office, his plan became MY plan and when my sailors asked me if this dumbass idea was mine or the skippers, I ALWAYS owned it. I feel certain that Fox Fallon would do the same.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
dillo...I am not trying to impress you, I am merely suggesting that my life's experiences give me a perspective on the ethical framework used by Admiral Fallon that those who were not career naval officers would not necessarily have.

I do not know what you do or have done as a profession in your life, but if that profession did have a code of ethical behavior, I would respect your knowledge of it.

From Yurt's way of thinking, I have "lied" to my subordinates countless times. When my commanding officer suggested a course of action that I disagreed with, I stated my disagreement behind closed doors. Sometimes, I was able to convince the skipper to try it my way, sometimes I was not. When I LEFT his office, his plan became MY plan and when my sailors asked me if this dumbass idea was mine or the skippers, I ALWAYS owned it. I feel certain that Fox Fallon would do the same.

that is not a good analogy to the instant case. he has expressly stated his reasons and they do not mesh with your speculation. are you saying that he would tell us:

Fallon, in a statement, suggested that there were not differences but that the "perception" of differences made it hard for him to do his job as head of Central Command

"
I don't believe there have ever been any differences about the objectives of our policy in the Central Command area of responsibility," Fallon said, and he regretted "the simple perception that there is."

quote, 'The current embarrassing situation, public perception of differences between my views and administration policy, and the distraction this causes from the mission make this the right thing to do,' unquote

and none of it is true?

retiredman
03-11-2008, 11:41 PM
that is not a good analogy to the instant case. he has expressly stated his reasons and they do not mesh with your speculation. are you saying that he would tell us:

"

and none of it is true?

I have not said that those statements were not true...I have said that I believe that he did not resign because he wanted to but because he was asked to. Clearly, you did not read the article from Esquire completely, or you would understand that his professional goals would not have allowed him to unilaterally walk away from them unfinished.

Yurt
03-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I have not said that those statements were not true...I have said that I believe that he did not resign because he wanted to but because he was asked to. Clearly, you did not read the article from Esquire completely, or you would understand that his professional goals would not have allowed him to unilaterally walk away from them unfinished.

yes you have

clearly, you have not listened to what he said.... because of the false reports...he could no longer accomplish his professional goals.... so in his professionalism, he stepped down for the good of the country

that is as plausible, if not more plausible that your theory which is not in line with his stated reasons.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 12:04 AM
yes you have

clearly, you have not listened to what he said.... because of the false reports...he could no longer accomplish his professional goals.... so in his professionalism, he stepped down for the good of the country

that is as plausible, if not more plausible that your theory which is not in line with his stated reasons.

no ...I haven't.

And nothing in his stated reasons precludes his resignation being initially "suggested" by the administration.

theHawk
03-12-2008, 12:29 AM

So since he wasn't a "yes-man" for Bush and apparently opposed going after Iran, this move must mean Bush is gearing up for an Iran invasion. Otherwise, whats the point of firing him?

retiredman
03-12-2008, 06:04 AM
So since he wasn't a "yes-man" for Bush and apparently opposed going after Iran, this move must mean Bush is gearing up for an Iran invasion. Otherwise, whats the point of firing him?

Well...the "point" would be, generally, that it appears that Bush's handlers do not like to have dissension in the ranks of his advisers. I can imagine it is hard enough as it is to keep a disinterested dullard like Dubya on message without the distractions.

glockmail
03-12-2008, 06:20 AM
NO. I don't. I would imagine that every career naval officer on the planet is speculating exactly what I am. It appears that you are imagining a lot of things.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 06:28 AM
It appears that you are imagining a lot of things.

so.... are you planning on adding any substance to the conversation, or are you just providing the laugh track? :laugh2:

Do YOU think that Fox Fallon came up with the idea to quit a job he had not finished all by himself, or do you think he may have had "help" from the administration?

glockmail
03-12-2008, 06:33 AM
so.... are you planning on adding any substance to the conversation, or are you just providing the laugh track? :laugh2:

Do YOU think that Fox Fallon came up with the idea to quit a job he had not finished all by himself, or do you think he may have had "help" from the administration? Its impossible to have a conversation with someone as closed-minded as you.

I'll take Fallon at his word instead of dreaming up a conspiracy.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Its impossible to have a conversation with someone as closed-minded as you.

I'll take Fallon at his word instead of dreaming up a conspiracy.

I have no doubt that every word Fallon told the press regarding his resignation is true. Nothing in what he said precludes the scenario wherein he was "asked" to resign....and given Fox Fallon's own words - as quoted in the Esquire article - he had stuff he wanted to accomplish in that job that his resignation left undone. Being acquainted with the man, I find it hard to imagine him walking away from from an unfinished goal unless he was "asked" to do so by his boss.

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Not for nothing, MFM...

In the past we had a discussion about Fallon and his "supposed" comments about Petraeus being a "chicken shit". Through it all, I believe your stance, regardless of the articles debunking the quote, was that you'll believe he didn't say it when he actually spoke the words that he didn't say it. Well, he basically did just that.

Now he goes on record stating why he resigned and that there wasn't internal conflict as reported.

Are we to believe that an Admiral would willingly lie to the American people just to save face for others? And if so, how do we know just when his spoken words are truth and/or lies?

We expect our President to be truthful with us, and he gets bashed for supposed lies all the time. We expect our military leaders to be truthful when speaking to congress or the American people. In fact, we expect the truth from anyone that we put into power. Do you think it's ok for Fallon to "lie" just because the CinC supposedly asked him to?

I expect our leaders to be truthful at all times, whether that truth is bad news or unfortunately might make others look bad. Anything less is, well, a lie.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Not for nothing, MFM...

In the past we had a discussion about Fallon and his "supposed" comments about Petraeus being a "chicken shit". Through it all, I believe your stance, regardless of the articles debunking the quote, was that you'll believe he didn't say it when he actually spoke the words that he didn't say it. Well, he basically did just that.

Now he goes on record stating why he resigned and that there wasn't internal conflict as reported.

Are we to believe that an Admiral would willingly lie to the American people just to save face for others? And if so, how do we know just when his spoken words are truth and/or lies?

We expect our President to be truthful with us, and he gets bashed for supposed lies all the time. We expect our military leaders to be truthful when speaking to congress or the American people. In fact, we expect the truth from anyone that we put into power. Do you think it's ok for Fallon to "lie" just because the CinC supposedly asked him to?

I expect our leaders to be truthful at all times, whether that truth is bad news or unfortunately might make others look bad. Anything less is, well, a lie.

again, Jim...I do not believe that anything Fox Fallon said precludes the notion that he was "asked" for his resignation.

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 06:59 AM
again, Jim...I do not believe that anything Fox Fallon said precludes the notion that he was "asked" for his resignation.

So you believe the reasons he gave for his resignation are lies?

retiredman
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
So you believe the reasons he gave for his resignation are lies?

I have never said that, nor do I believe it. I DO believe that he was "asked" to resign.

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I have never said that, nor do I believe it. I DO believe that he was "asked" to resign.

I'll defer to your judgment call on Fallon as you knew the man personally.

I have the utmost respect for our military personnel, and even more for our military leaders. When I see the Generals, Admirals, Colonels and others in their full uniforms I am reminded of the dedication and heroism they gave to our country. When I see someone like Powell, Fallon, Petraeus, Abizaid... I feel like saluting to them even though I'm not military.

But if what you say is true, that he was asked to resign, and he tells the American people a different story - then I have lost a huge amount of respect for the man. His loyalty shouldn't be to superiors but rather to his country and the American people. If there are issues, we need to know, not have it hidden from us because someone feels they should "take the sword" for someone.

An analogy: troops are involved in a scandal where innocent people are wounded/killed. Do they "lie" to protect their superiors who gave them direct orders, or do they tell the truth? I expect even the grunts to be loyal to their country and allow truth and honor to come before protecting bad decisions.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 07:17 AM
again...I don't think he told a different story, Jim. I don't think that anything he said precludes him having been "asked" by administration officials to resign.

in your analogy, the troops should never cover for their superior if the superior had given them an unlawful order. And in fact, if that had been the case, the troops should never have followed it to begin with.

I am not suggesting that Fallon is covering up malfeasance, misfeasance or nonfeasance on the part of the administration. I am suggesting that he was "asked" to resign because the article was an embarrassment to the administration and because it portrayed a CinC who was not in complete command of his command structure.

theHawk
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Well...the "point" would be, generally, that it appears that Bush's handlers do not like to have dissension in the ranks of his advisers. I can imagine it is hard enough as it is to keep a disinterested dullard like Dubya on message without the distractions.

Ahh I see, so Bush is just a bumbling idiot with a bunch of 'handlers' to tell him what to do. And if one person speaks out differently he gets confused and might change his policy. :poke:

retiredman
03-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Ahh I see, so Bush is just a bumbling idiot with a bunch of 'handlers' to tell him what to do. And if one person speaks out differently he gets confused and might change his policy. :poke:

well... I don't think he would ever end up changing anything, but otherwise, you got it about right! ;)

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 12:43 PM
again...I don't think he told a different story, Jim. I don't think that anything he said precludes him having been "asked" by administration officials to resign.

How about the fact that Defense Secretary Gates stated "Fallon reached this difficult decision entirely on his own"

So either Gates is lying, Fallon is lying, Fallon won't correct a lie by the Defense Secretary - or everything we've read from the Admiral and the DS has been the truth.

FSUK
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Falllon had a brain, he opposed striking Iran. The US has f***d up in Iraq, Iran would be worse.

Diplomacy is the key, adopting an isolationist approach to Iran will only make matters worse.

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Falllon had a brain, he opposed striking Iran. The US has f***d up in Iraq, Iran would be worse.

Diplomacy is the key, adopting an isolationist approach to Iran will only make matters worse.

Interesting...

In an interview last month in Doha, Qatar, Fallon said Iran continued to supply lethal aid and training to extremist militias in Iraq and said the U.S. was looking for ``a long-term change'' in Iranian behavior, echoing the administration's goals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080312/pl_bloomberg/abginjvwplau

retiredman
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
How about the fact that Defense Secretary Gates stated "Fallon reached this difficult decision entirely on his own"

So either Gates is lying, Fallon is lying, Fallon won't correct a lie by the Defense Secretary - or everything we've read from the Admiral and the DS has been the truth.

I think it is a cute little wordgame by Gates, actually.... the journey TO the decision may very well have been started by some "suggestions" from administration officials....Fallon "reached" the decision on his own. Clearly, the resignation letter was written by only one person.

possible conversation:

Gates, or Cheney or Hadley:
"Admiral... the president and his national security team really feels as if your statements in the Esquire article are the straw that broke the camel's back and your continued participation in this administration as CENTCOM is detrimental to the administration's effectiveness."

Fallon:
"In that case, I believe it would be best if I resign."

He reached that decision entirely on his own, didn't he?

jimnyc
03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, I'm taking the same stance you took on the prior media event when it was stated that Fallon called Petraeus a "chicken shit". When he states something otherwise to dispute the current articles, then I'll believe it. Until then, he's done nothing to change the fact that it was stated he resigned on his own doing and had no conflict at all internally.

LiberalNation
03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
lol yeah cuz top people are known to just up and resign with no conflict behind the scenes and nothing to warrent it.

retiredman
03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, I'm taking the same stance you took on the prior media event when it was stated that Fallon called Petraeus a "chicken shit". When he states something otherwise to dispute the current articles, then I'll believe it. Until then, he's done nothing to change the fact that it was stated he resigned on his own doing and had no conflict at all internally.

and again...I do not believe that his statements about his resignation preclude a conversation such as I suggested.

Yurt
03-12-2008, 02:03 PM

he does like to play coy like that. i used his same stance on the obama issue, but it only works when he wants it to fit his agenda.

glockmail
03-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I have no doubt that every word Fallon told the press regarding his resignation is true. Nothing in what he said precludes the scenario wherein he was "asked" to resign....and given Fox Fallon's own words - as quoted in the Esquire article - he had stuff he wanted to accomplish in that job that his resignation left undone. Being acquainted with the man, I find it hard to imagine him walking away from from an unfinished goal unless he was "asked" to do so by his boss. Again, your opinion, based on your relationship with someone that you supposedly, and convieniently, knew one time. Screw that. I'll take him at his word instead of believing in some conspiracy, and one that just happens to suit your agenda. :pee:

retiredman
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Again, your opinion, based on your relationship with someone that you supposedly, and convieniently, knew one time. Screw that. I'll take him at his word instead of believing in some conspiracy, and one that just happens to suit your agenda.

Have you read the Esquire article? And my opinion is not based upon my acquaintance with Fox Fallon, but rather is based upon my familiarity with the code of ethics that all professional naval officers ascribe to. I certainly take him at his word - totally. Nothing he said would preclude a situation where some suit from the administration let him know that he was not wanted on the team anymore. And after the Esquire article, I can understand how the Bush administration might feel that way.