PDA

View Full Version : An Hour Past My Bedtime

Kathianne
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Dang a stupid, really stupid teacher's meeting lasted until 4:15. The fifth grade teacher and I had agreed to go to my health club together afterwards, she as my guest. OK guys, I was a bit apprehensive as her age of 24 and mine didn't quite mix, but I was sort of consoled by the fact that I figured my weight, BMI was pretty good. We got there by 4:45, she left at 6:30, I stayed until almost 7.

I hope she joins, her health club has raised the rates higher than mine, which she said was more 'high end' than her's. I was happy that we walk for nearly 45 minutes without getting 'winded' at a pretty good pace. While her weight and BMI may not be near mine, her youth gave me a better mark than I normally set for myself; on walking, weights and swimming.

Whoops in edit, the reason for the title, it's nearing 10pm, I'm usually asleep by now. I didn't get home until 7. Ate a salad around 8:30, still not tired. Dang! I'm going to have morning problem.:laugh2:

Microcosmos
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I have a "floating bedtime". Your good health habits make me jealous. My extra time is spent going out to eat or hanging out and drinking, not much exercise. I vow to exercise tomorrow! There, I typed it so now I have to do it! ;)

Kathianne
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a "floating bedtime". Your good health habits make me jealous. My extra time is spent going out to eat or hanging out and drinking, not much exercise. I vow to exercise tomorrow! There, I typed it so now I have to do it! ;)

Odds are you are younger than I. I wish my 'good health habits' were intrinsically habitual, but not. I smoke, drink coffee upwards of 15 cups a day. I'm forced into the diet/exercise regime, high blood pressure/elevated cholesterol made me do it! If I didn't hate taking meds so much, I'd go on one. Right now I'm hoping to get off blood pressure meds in 6 months-to a year. The doc tells me about 100/1 odds. My triglicerides are only very slightly elevated, so I'm hoping to avoid Lipator and such!

5stringJeff
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Kathianne, I read in the paper a while ago that exercising early in the day will help you fall asleep early, but exercising later in the day is good if you want to stay up. I know you may not have a choice on exactly when you work out, but if you make it a habit of exercising late, you may have to adjust your bedtime! :)

Kathianne
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Kathianne, I read in the paper a while ago that exercising early in the day will help you fall asleep early, but exercising later in the day is good if you want to stay up. I know you may not have a choice on exactly when you work out, but if you make it a habit of exercising late, you may have to adjust your bedtime! :)

:laugh2: I knew that. I hate daylight savings time. ;) I need to be rising at 3:45-4 am to get to the club by 5. Problem lately, getting up at 4:20-4:30, I could make it, if not so sluggish. Seems so much easier to say, 'shower now and exercise later.' Of course my hair is getting too dry and then the problem of going to bed, all rev'd up.