PDA

View Full Version : "If Obama Was A White Man, He Would Not Be In This Position."

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Ferraro's Remarks About Obama Decried

Mar 11, 4:27 PM (ET)
By ANN SANNER

WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday she disagrees with Geraldine Ferraro, one of her fundraisers and the 1984 vice presidential candidate, for suggesting that Barack Obama only achieved his status in the presidential race because he's black.

In a brief interview with The Associated Press, Clinton was questioned about Ferraro's remarks. The Obama campaign has called on the New York senator to denounce them.

Ferraro told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, Calif.: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

The newspaper published the interview last Friday.

Article continues here.... (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080311/D8VBENK80.html)

stephanie
03-12-2008, 03:16 AM
I wished I had bought stocks in popcorn watching this Democrat election...

thats racist

thats sexist

thats racist

thats sexist

blah bla bleep....

:popcorn:

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 03:25 AM
I wished I had bought stocks in popcorn watching this Democrat election...

thats racist

thats sexist

thats racist

thats sexist

blah bla bleep....

:popcorn:

No shit! .... :laugh:

But the libs are the party of "inclusion and tolerance".... yeah right.... :laugh2:

Blacks are voting for hussein over hitlery 9 to 1... but that's not racist... because they're black. :rolleyes:

glockmail
03-12-2008, 06:29 AM
What happened to Affirmative Action? If we have two candidates for the same job who are equal, then the black guy has to get the job. You have to make up for past sins. Practice what you preach, Democrats! :laugh2:

bullypulpit
03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Just shows how desperate Hillary Clieberman is to secure the nomination. All the more reason to kick her to the curb.

Sitarro
03-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I find it just a bit hilarious how quickly the most diehard Clinton fans have all of a sudden seen the light now that they have a new Messiah to lead them. What did Geraldine Ferraro say that wasn't true? If some preacher sounding empty suited white boy would be promising the exact same bullshit that Obammesiah is saying, he would be laughed off the stage like Vanilla Ice. The fact is, Vanilla Ice did everything the same as a black performer but some how it really looks stupid when a white boy does it........ no, it looks just as stupid when the black guy does it too....... more double standard horse shit.

I'm impressed with how candid Ferraro was.

hjmick
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
She said the same thing about Jesse Jackson back in 1988. At least she's consistant.

Sitarro
03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
She said the same thing about Jesse Jackson back in 1988. At least she's consistant.

She was right then too. I would laugh a white guy off the stage that would start up with that unintelligible rhyming crap too. At least Obammessiah starts out speaking semi intelligent...... unfortunately the longer the speech, the more time he has to channel MLK and get that preacher bullshit going.

I went to college with a black guy who was very intelligent and presented himself that way in the way he spoke and worked with his fellow students. But, when you smoked a joint with him, the street jive would come out in him...... very funny to watch. He was a good friend and we would give him so much shit about that and he would deny it. Someone finally taped him, it was priceless to see his reaction.

Perspicientia
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I think the title of this thread is 100% correct.

I am asking myself: Why? Why wouldn't he be in his current position? Would Bush have become president if he had been black?

Sure. We would like to be able to say that the color of ones skin is of no importance today in this country. But still, I think that if "Obama Was A White Man, He Would Not Be In This Position". Then, who else wouldn't be where he is if the color of his skin was different? Rich or poor.

I think the country still suffers from open wounds, stemming all the way from the days of slavery. It seems very hard to get a closure on this matter. There is one exception, one field we can learn from: Sports.

In sports nothing but the ability to deliver is taken in account. Sure, teams have domestic argument about race and origin but at the end of the day the only issue is to make the team perform at its best.

We 'civilians' can't measure our united effort as citizens as easy as in a game of sport. But imagine if we could! Think of it. What acheivements could not this country accomplish?

Now you might think that it is naive since not everyone is a sports person in mind. Well, that isn't what makes a team a team. It is loyalty. And if we could be loyal to eachother we would still make a great team. Bear with me.

What does it take to be loyal? It takes personal sacrifice. Sometimes you will have to set your personal wishes aside. You can't be anything before American.

Hence:
American Muslim.
American Christian.
American KKK-member.
American White.
American Black.

Not black American or Afroamerican. Obama is an American Black. Same team. If he get's to be Captain for a while? This team will perform at its best anyway.

Little-Acorn
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." - Geraldine Ferraro, March 10, 2008

And this from a HILLARY CLINTON supporter? That has to be the most astoundingly obtuse quote of the entire Presidential campaign season so far. Boy, when you get these silly people going, there's no telling what they'll come up with next.

Whether her remarks apply to Obama or not (something I doubt), consider how accurately they apply to Ferraro's own present hero, Hillary Clinton. Would she be where she is, if she were not a woman?

If Hillary were not a woman, then another thing she would not be, is the wife of a former President. And everything she is today, has been "achieved" purely by riding the coattails of her husband.

It's hard to call her humiliating failure at enacting socialized health care in 1993, an "achievement", but even that came solely because she was the President's wife, not because of any qualification or past experience she had as either a legislator, manager, or medical person. She had never been any of those.

And, humiliating as her failure was, there was little else she could point to as a "qualification" to run for Senate. Would the people of New York state have voted for an anonymous lawyer from Connecticut and Arkansas, to be their choice for U.S. Senator? Hardly. Only her visibility and strident rhetoric from various White-House-related podiums and press conferences, has given her the "name recognition" to be noticeable above the run-of-the-mill bureaucrats infesting the elite East Coast halls of government. And she earned none of those podiums or venues. Only by virtue of her husband being elected President, was she able to take advantage of them.

And even today, she can point to little else than her Senate "experience" (where she also accomplished nothing), plus vague references to carefully-unspecified "experience" before that time, as her qualification to assume the highest office in the land.

If Ferraro wants to castigate someone for achieving what he has by virtue of his color or gender (she applied both to Obama for some reason), she's criticizing the wrong Democrat.

People who live in glass houses, should be careful about throwing stones. And Ferraros' house here, is so fragile, that I have to wonder about her intelligence and sanity in even TRYING to throw that particular missile.

Democrats sure get weird when they're losing. Nowhere has that been more starkly visible than with Geraldine Ferraro's latest blurt in support of her saviour Hillary Clinton.

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Whether her remarks apply to Obama or not (something I doubt),...
I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say she's dead on. This "let's elect a black man President" thing I think is spawned and fueled by white people's guilt. The guilt that's been hammered into their skulls for the last couple centuries that only white people are racists and we all owe the blacks something. It's coming from the same place that helped create AA. This is those guilty feeling white people's chance to once and for all prove to the black people that they're not racist. What better a thing can they do than elect a black man President? That ought to prove once and for all that white people aren't the racist monsters that the blacks have been accusing us of being all these years. It ought to put an end to AA too, because hey, if a black man can become President of the United States, why on earth would there be any more need for AA?

If Ferraro wants to castigate someone for achieving what he has by virtue of his color or gender (she applied both to Obama for some reason), she's criticizing the wrong Democrat.

People who live in glass houses, should be careful about throwing stones. And Ferraros' house here, is so fragile, that I have to wonder about her intelligence and sanity in even TRYING to throw that particular missile.

Democrats sure get weird when they're losing. Nowhere has that been more starkly visible than with Geraldine Ferraro's latest blurt in support of her saviour Hillary Clinton.
Well just keep your eyes or ears peeled today, because I believe they're going to make her APOLOGIZE for her statement.

krisy
03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
From what I heard on Fox today,it sounds like Ferraro is defending her statements on her website. Something ending in "how's that?" to the media.

The media is making me disgusted to no end in this election. They will baby Obama right into the White House. All that we hear over and over is how race shouldn't matter, religion shouldn't matter, gender shouldn't matter,yet the media makes it everything.

Can anyone remember a time when they were as nice to a candidate as they are to Obama?

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 04:33 PM
From what I heard on Fox today,it sounds like Ferraro is defending her statements on her website. Something ending in "how's that?" to the media.

The media is making me disgusted to no end in this election. They will baby Obama right into the White House. All that we hear over and over is how race shouldn't matter, religion shouldn't matter, gender shouldn't matter,yet the media makes it everything.

Can anyone remember a time when they were as nice to a candidate as they are to Obama?

No. Not even the first black President bubba clinton got the "messiah" treatment that bambam hussein is getting.

Little-Acorn
03-12-2008, 04:41 PM

To a candidate, no. They were fawning almost sickeningly over Hillary after her husband carried her into the White House, and even after her Health Care debacle. But she wasn't a candidate for anything.

Unless you count the time of her husband's inauguration, as the start of her 16-year campaign for the Presidency herself - not an unlikely description, all things considered. In which case yes, the media HAS treated a candidate even more nicely than they are treating Obama now.

krisy
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Ferraro is leaving the Clinton campaign

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/ferraro-quits-clinton-post/

I think Hillary has been a total wimp on this one. She ought to stand up to this media spin and stop letting the media get away with what they do.

Not that I support her ...:laugh2:

stephanie
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
And another one bites the dust...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/BigLag1.jpg

Little-Acorn
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I think Hillary has been a total wimp on this one. She ought to stand up to this media spin and stop letting the media get away with what they do.

Hillary was well advised to part company with Ferraro. Not because there was anything racist in Ferraro's remarks (there mostly wasn't), but because Ferraro's remarks could all too easily be turned against Hillary. Far more appropriately than against Obama, in fact.

Ferraro said:
"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." - Geraldine Ferraro, March 10, 2008

This is from a HILLARY CLINTON supporter? It has to be the most astoundingly obtuse quote of the entire Presidential campaign season so far. Boy, when you get these silly people going, there's no telling what they'll come up with next.

Whether her remarks apply to Obama or not (something I doubt), consider how accurately they apply to Ferraro's own present hero, Hillary Clinton. Would she be where she is, if she were not a woman?

If Hillary were not a woman, then another thing she would not be, is the wife of a former President. And everything she is today, has been "achieved" purely by riding the coattails of her husband.

It's hard to call her humiliating failure at enacting socialized health care in 1993, an "achievement", but even that came solely because she was the President's wife, not because of any qualification or past experience she had as either a legislator, manager, or medical person. She had never been any of those.

And, humiliating as her failure was, there was little else she could point to as a "qualification" to run for Senate. Would the people of New York state have voted for an anonymous lawyer from Connecticut and Arkansas, to be their choice for U.S. Senator? Hardly. Only her visibility and strident rhetoric from various White-House-related podiums and press conferences, has given her the "name recognition" to be noticeable above the run-of-the-mill bureaucrats infesting the elite East Coast halls of government. And she earned none of those podiums or venues. Only by virtue of her husband being elected President, was she able to take advantage of them.

And even today, she can point to little else than her Senate "experience" (where she also accomplished nothing), plus vague references to carefully-unspecified "experience" before that time, as her qualification to assume the highest office in the land.

People who live in glass houses, should be careful about throwing stones, or about letting others throw them in her presence. And Hillary's house here, is so fragile, that she dare not let such clumsy rock-throwers anywhere near it.

Democrats sure get weird when they're losing. Though examples abound, nowhere has that been more starkly visible than with Geraldine Ferraro's latest blurt in support of her saviour Hillary Clinton.

Ferraro needs to engage brain before putting mouth in gear. And until she does, Hillary is wise to keep her as far away as possible.

theHawk
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
All that we hear over and over is how race shouldn't matter, religion shouldn't matter, gender shouldn't matter,yet the media makes it everything.

And experience doesn't matter and policies don't matter....

Immanuel
03-13-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't think anyone has pointed this out in this thread yet, but it occurred to me that Geraldine Ferraro was in the same boat as she claims Obama is now. In 1984, Geraldine Ferraro was chosen to be Walter Mondale's VP candidate BECAUSE she was a woman. She got to that position because she was a woman.

So what is her point?

Immie

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
When I look at Barack Obama I don't see a black candidate for president.

I do see a very capable, very promising senator from Illinois who would make a great president.

Note to Geraldine Ferraro: Obama would be in exactly the position he's in if he were white, you stupid old battleaxe.

Nukeman
03-13-2008, 07:44 AM
When I look at Barack Obama I don't see a black candidate for president.

I do see a very capable, very promising senator from Illinois who would make a great president.

Note to Geraldine Ferraro: Obama would be in exactly the position he's in if he were white, you stupid old battleaxe.Ummmm why do you say "right-wing wacko???

Isn't Ms. Ferraro a Democrat??? or am I mistaken. Isn't it Hillarys camp that has made an issue of race. When has the right brought up race in this election process?? Just a few questions for you!!!

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Yup, Ferraro is a Democrat. So is Hillary, so is Bill. And all of them have behaved stupidly.

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Ummmm why do you say "right-wing wacko???

Isn't Ms. Ferraro a Democrat??? or am I mistaken. Isn't it Hillarys camp that has made an issue of race. When has the right brought up race in this election process?? Just a few questions for you!!!

Why "right-wing wacko"?

If you listen to the comments made by many (not all) of the right wingers here, you will see that they oppose Obama for all the wrong reasons. They think he shouldn't be president because his name sounds Muslim. Well, sorry, boys and girls. The days when we only elect white Protestant guys to the White House are coming to an end.

Right wingers here are also in total denial about Obama's ability to bring people together and unite the country. The guy has the same kind of charisma and leadership qualities that Jack Kennedy had, but I don't know of any right wingers here who will acknowledge that.

Finally, his race is totally irrelevant. Obama is supremely qualified to be president. Period.

And Geraldine Ferraro is a moron.

Nukeman
03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Why "right-wing wacko"?

If you listen to the comments made by many (not all) of the right wingers here, you will see that they oppose Obama for all the wrong reasons. They think he shouldn't be president because his name sounds Muslim. Well, sorry, boys and girls. The days when we only elect white Protestant guys to the White House are coming to an end.

Right wingers here are also in total denial about Obama's ability to bring people together and unite the country. The guy has the same kind of charisma and leadership qualities that Jack Kennedy had, but I don't know of any right wingers here who will acknowledge that.

Finally, his race is totally irrelevant. Obama is supremely qualified to be president. Period.

And Geraldine Ferraro is a moron.I think most on here have a problem with his "inexperience". He really has none. After being elected senator he started a bid for the Presidency! What has he really done to be "supremely qualified" in your opinion? There are a FEW on here that are as you say but they are by most accounts in the minority!!!

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I think most on here have a problem with his "inexperience". He really has none. After being elected senator he started a bid for the Presidency! What has he really done to be "supremely qualified" in your opinion? There are a FEW on here that are as you say but they are by most accounts in the minority!!!

Nobody has the "experience" for the presidency because no candidate, except an incumbent president, has actually done the job and compiled a track record that's open to public inspection.

We elect presidents based on our belief that the person has the ability to do the job.

Jack Kennedy had the same resume that Obama has. Ronald Reagan was Governor of California but nobody knew what kind of president he'd be.

George H.W. Bush probably had the strongest credentials of any recent candidate: congressman, head of CIA, vice president.....

Nukeman
03-13-2008, 09:56 AM
You still didn't answer as to how he is "supremely qualified". that was your statement! I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you must have something in mind to make this assertion..

As for any candidate being qualified I would have to say Governors would be in a better postion to hold the post of President due to the fact that they are "acting" as such on a smaller scale. They have a better grasp of how the agencies and departments are interconnected, of course this is just my opinion!

We elect presidents based on our belief that the person has the ability to do the job. This is a very true statement, so why does the left get in a tizzy if the right questions his "ability" to perform as President? That is after all what most us are trying to decide, whether or not he has the "ability" to be the POTUS.

MtnBiker
03-13-2008, 10:01 AM
We elect presidents based on our belief that the person has the ability to do the job.

And how do people form that belief? By reflexing on the person's history and record? By fluffly stump speeches? By the policies they promote?

Abbey Marie
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Nobody has the "experience" for the presidency because no candidate, except an incumbent president, has actually done the job and compiled a track record that's open to public inspection.

Jack Kennedy had the same resume that Obama has. Ronald Reagan was Governor of California but nobody knew what kind of president he'd be.
George H.W. Bush probably had the strongest credentials of any recent candidate: congressman, head of CIA, vice president.....

The bolded statement is just flat out wrong. There are few, if any, positions that give someone better experience for the White House than governing a state. It's about leadership, making tough decisions, working with the legislators, protecting the people, appointing talented people, etc. Governors have to do all that, and often with limited or even deficit budgets.

By contrast, being a junior Senator for a couple of years, with most of that time spent campaigning for Prez, barely registers on the experience meter. It's scary and pathetic to see the kind of empty suits Dems choose to run our country.

Yurt
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Why "right-wing wacko"?

And Geraldine Ferraro is a moron.

tell that to the majority of blacks voting for him. go see the thread "native land" (in this section) race is very important to him, to his wife, and to his church. it is a major issue, so much so that his own website says he is the "best" to represent "african americans" because he is black and his story is their story.....

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
You still didn't answer as to how he is "supremely qualified". that was your statement! I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you must have something in mind to make this assertion..

As for any candidate being qualified I would have to say Governors would be in a better postion to hold the post of President due to the fact that they are "acting" as such on a smaller scale. They have a better grasp of how the agencies and departments are interconnected, of course this is just my opinion!

This is a very true statement, so why does the left get in a tizzy if the right questions his "ability" to perform as President? That is after all what most us are trying to decide, whether or not he has the "ability" to be the POTUS.

For one thing, I like the way Obama has reacted well to all the shit that Hillary has thrown at him. He's kept his cool, and responded in a dignified manner. If he's president, he will have to deal with a lot of similar shit.

He's obviously very intelligent and has a good grasp of the issues. You just have to listen to him to form that opinion. He went through Harvard Law School and edited the law school review, which says a lot about his intelligence.

I think his health care plan is superior to Hillary's; his plan provides affordable health care to everyone who wants it, but it doesn't force everyone into a cookie cutter plan.

I think Obama is a good role model for African Americans, and for that matter, he's a good role model for all Americans.

In the final analysis, Americans vote for a president based on a variety of reasons, some of them are legitimate, some are specious, like whether they like the candidate, or whether he's somebody they'd like to have a beer with.

And speaking strictly for myself, I would never vote for somebody based on their sexual activities. If somebody cheats on his wife, that's between the candidate and his wife.

Yurt
03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
For one thing, I like the way Obama has reacted well to all the shit that Hillary has thrown at him. He's kept his cool, and responded in a dignified manner. If he's president, he will have to deal with a lot of similar shit.

He's obviously very intelligent and has a good grasp of the issues. You just have to listen to him to form that opinion. He went through Harvard Law School and edited the law school review, which says a lot about his intelligence.

I think his health care plan is superior to Hillary's; his plan provides affordable health care to everyone who wants it, but it doesn't force everyone into a cookie cutter plan.

I think Obama is a good role model for African Americans, and for that matter, he's a good role model for all Americans.

In the final analysis, Americans vote for a president based on a variety of reasons, some of them are legitimate, some are specious, like whether they like the candidate, or whether he's somebody they'd like to have a beer with.

And speaking strictly for myself, I would never vote for somebody based on their sexual activities. If somebody cheats on his wife, that's between the candidate and his wife.

yet he doesn't know the difference between reject and denounce....

so other candidates are not good role models for african americans? what makes him so special?

Abbey Marie
03-13-2008, 10:41 AM

I believe Obama is from the Affirmative Action era, and law schools were actively looking to admit minorities. One never knows...

hjmick
03-13-2008, 11:23 AM

I agree that he has approached the primaries with a level of dignity not seen in a politician in many years, this is admirable. But is it a reason to elect the man? What of his leadership abilities? Like him or not, Bush is a leader. He had a vision, he set his course, and he led the way. He has been unwavering in his leadership. We may not like where he has led us, but he has led nonetheless. Bush did the same thing as governor of Texas. So far, with Obama, I have seen nothing more than crowds of screaming fans reacting as if they were on the verge of touching the flesh of a much admired rock star. He speaks of "Change" and "Hope" and he lays out his plans for America which all sound very nice, but he has yet to tell us how he will pay for them. Where will all that money come from? Personally, I feel like I already pay more than enough in taxes.

I will not argue Obama's intelligence, it is obvious he is very smart, but I wish people would quite bringing up the whole, "He was the editor of the Harvard Law Review." Big deal, him and 40 other students, the current board, I believe, has close to ninety editors. Some of the other past editors include Antonin Scalia, maybe we should elect him President, how would that work for folks? Eliot Spitzer was an editor of the HLR, his promise to "clean up Albany" apparently started with his resignation. And let's not forget Alger Hiss, he too was an editor of the HLR. Michael Chertoff for President! He held the post as well. So let's not put so much emphasis on his status on the Law Review, sure, he was the president of the HLR, but that hardly qualifies him to sit in the Oval Office. Hell, Susan Estrich was the HLR president as well but I don't think she is qualified for the Big Chair. And you can not begin to discuss the HLR editors board without addressing the fact that membership of some members is determined using affirmative action criteria.

It may very well be superior to Hillary's, but, again, how does he plan to pay for it? Do we really want the government involved in our health care? I know I don't. It's not their place. We need less government in our lives, not more.

Yes he is, as far as we know him.

Yeah, well, 50% of the whole process is nothing more than a popularity contest. It always has been and there are no signs it will change anytime soon.

Really? You don't think that a person's loyalty and fidelity to his or her wife says something about his or her character? You don't believe that it is a measure of his or her good or bad judgement and integrity?

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 11:30 AM
"Really? You don't think that a person's loyalty and fidelity to his or her wife says something about his or her character? You don't believe that it is a measure of his or her good or bad judgement and integrity?"

Yes, it would lessen my support for him, but if he was otherwise a good president, who he has sex with is a minor concern.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
"Really? You don't think that a person's loyalty and fidelity to his or her wife says something about his or her character? You don't believe that it is a measure of his or her good or bad judgement and integrity?"

Yes, it would lessen my support for him, but if he was otherwise a good president, who he has sex with is a minor concern.

Phrasing it as, "Who he has sex with" is to make it sound like he is single and we are just invading his privacy. Why is breaking your vows and cheating on the person you are married to, a minor concern in your mind? Are you really trying to say that a total lack of integrity in such a big area (the one where you took vows), is not indicative of a huge character flaw that will spill over into other areas? That's incredibly naive at best.

Sitarro
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM

What shit, really? How else should he react, he's a professional politician(salesman).

So what? George W. Bush received a Masters in BUSINESS from the Harvard Business School, known as one of the most difficult schools in the world. ..... that certainly hasn't stopped idiots that barely made it through high school from calling him stupid. Obammessiah is a lawyer, not exactly a well rounded education. He is a Senator, kind of, which means he is a follower, not a leader. He can speak well enough to sell you a used car and that makes you think he is supremely qualified for the office of President...... kinda makes you a simpleton.

Sure it does..... and that 79 Impala is a great deal.

He has been going to a church for 20 years that has a screaming racist piece of shit for a "pastor", he's an idiot.

Which is why many shouldn't be allowed the right to vote.

Truly a statement only a Democrat would make. If he is screwing around with young boys, would you have a problem with that? Spending 80 grand over 6 years on prostitutes shows extremely poor judgement and total lack of character but that's just fine with you. You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a voting booth.

GW in Ohio
03-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Phrasing it as, "Who he has sex with" is to make it sound like he is single and we are just invading his privacy. Why is breaking your vows and cheating on the person you are married to, a minor concern in your mind? Are you really trying to say that a total lack of integrity in such a big area (the one where you took vows), is not indicative of a huge character flaw that will spill over into other areas? That's incredibly naive at best.

I mainly concern myself with keeping my own marriage vows.

Spealing strictly for myself, I try not to condemn other people for their failings.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I mainly concern myself with keeping my own marriage vows.

Spealing strictly for myself, I try not to condemn other people for their failings.

Not condemning them, and supporting them in the highest office in the land depsite their "failings" as you call it, are two very different things.

Let them address their lack of integrity, morals and trustworthiness privately, but keep them the heck away from the oval office.

Yurt
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
yet he doesn't know the difference between reject and denounce....

so other candidates are not good role models for african americans? what makes him so special?

GW..........

glockmail
03-14-2008, 06:06 AM
GW..........
He's the most useless poster on the board. All the puke does is toss out bombs then runs off. He's a drive-by. A troll.

Classact
03-14-2008, 07:15 AM
If Obama was a white man 90% of blacks wouldn't be voting for him because he is white.

GW in Ohio
03-14-2008, 07:37 AM
If Obama was a white man 90% of blacks wouldn't be voting for him because he is white.

People would be voting for Obama no matter what color he was, because he's a natural leader and has all the qualities we look for in a president.

That's not to say that right-wingers will like him. I can see how you guys and Rush Limbaugh don't approve of his politics, but that's not where the Republican attack machine will concentrate. What Karl Rove and Limbaugh will focus on is personal stuff, like this pastor he's been associated with.

I know that's how Republicans win elections, but if Obama has good people on his team they won't allow him to be swift-boated.

Good luck with the mud-slinging. Make sure you wear overalls so you don't get yourselves dirty.

Immanuel
03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
I know that's how Republicans win elections, but if Obama has good people on his team they won't allow him to be swift-boated.

This should be edited to read:

"I know that's how politicians win elections, but if Obama has good people on his team they won't allow him to be swift-boated.

It is not just Republicans that win elections in this manner, but beyond that you are correct.

Immie

GW in Ohio
03-14-2008, 08:02 AM
This should be edited to read:

"I know that's how politicians win elections, but if Obama has good people on his team they won't allow him to be swift-boated.

It is not just Republicans that win elections in this manner, but beyond that you are correct.

Immie

Immie: I know that the Clintons and their gang of cutthroats will do just about anything to win, so I agree with you there.

The hope on my part (and also for a significant number of voters) is that Obama represents a departure from the sleazy politics of recent years.

I also have hope that McCain (whom I consider to be basically honest and decent) will eschew the sleazy politics of recent years and focus on issues and policy differences.

We will see......

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Ferraro is leaving the Clinton campaign

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/ferraro-quits-clinton-post/

I still don't know yet on who I am going to support for this presidency.... but I do feel as you on this issue.... maybe it is a female thing.... maybe I am overly sensitive? but I whole heartedly think that the press has treated obama with Kid gloves and hillary much harsher....

jd

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Immie: I know that the Clintons and their gang of cutthroats will do just about anything to win, so I agree with you there.

The hope on my part (and also for a significant number of voters) is that Obama represents a departure from the sleazy politics of recent years.

I also have hope that McCain (whom I consider to be basically honest and decent) will eschew the sleazy politics of recent years and focus on issues and policy differences.

We will see......
His Preacher/spiritual advisor, IS going to be a problem for him and will be used against him.

Odd that it will be though, because Falwell and Robertson, basically said the same thing as this preacher did right after 9/11, that 911 was brought upon us because of our OWN actions....Falwell and Robertson said it was because of our Carnal behaviors including homosexuality and abortions... and this Preacher of Obama's says it was because of medling and interfering in foreign affairs leading to deaths of innocent.

They ALL were wrong in their "blaming the victims",

19 men, decided to be murderers that day, that should not be discounted imo.

jd

Immanuel
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM

We will see......

And Abbey calls me an optimist! :D

I will admit though that it seems to me that so far Obama has avoided the sleazy attacks. Wait and see though.

McCain? No, I see a dirty race this fall.

But, for the record, I'm not voting for any of them. As a person, (based on his attitude so far) I could vote for Obama, but from what I have seen of his voting record... well, let's just say oil and water don't mix. As for McCain... well, a hundred foot pole would not be far enough away to get me to push the lever for McCain.

Immie

Yurt
03-14-2008, 10:22 AM
He's the most useless poster on the board. All the puke does is toss out bombs then runs off. He's a drive-by. A troll.

it appears you are right, completely ignored this twice now, tho has posted a few times after....

GW in Ohio
03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
it appears you are right, completely ignored this twice now, tho has posted a few times after....

You dingbats think other people have nothing else to do but respond to your rhetorical questions.

Sitarro
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
His Preacher/spiritual advisor, IS going to be a problem for him and will be used against him.

Odd that it will be though, because Falwell and Robertson, basically said the same thing as this preacher did right after 9/11, that 911 was brought upon us because of our OWN actions....Falwell and Robertson said it was because of our Carnal behaviors including homosexuality and abortions... and this Preacher of Obama's says it was because of medling and interfering in foreign affairs leading to deaths of innocent.

They ALL were wrong in their "blaming the victims",

19 men, decided to be murderers that day, that should not be discounted imo.

jd

I don't remember anyone worth a shit agreeing or trying to defend anything those 2 clowns said. There certainly wasn't a competitor for the Presidency agreeing with them. I remember the boards screaming about what idiots these 2 were.

Sitarro
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
You dingbats think other people have nothing else to do but respond to your rhetorical questions.

And yet you found time to rattle off this and all of the previous statements. Dingbats? I think you may be confused which forum you are posting on..... it is not DU, it's DB.

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't remember anyone worth a shit agreeing or trying to defend anything those 2 clowns said. There certainly wasn't a competitor for the Presidency agreeing with them. I remember the boards screaming about what idiots these 2 were.For every action there is a reaction....... not that I am agreeing with what any of these preachers have said precisely, but I do not condemn either for their opinions of what the action was that caused the reaction....I do condemn them for making it sound as those these "things" were things that ALL of us did or permitted to be done in our names, thus ALL the people that were murdered "deserved" to be murdered type thing.....

Yurt
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM

nothing rhetorical about it, do you even know what that word means :poke:

manu1959
03-14-2008, 02:58 PM
well as best i can figure out you have a man with:

little or no experience being an executive or a leader ....

wants to cut military spending ...

limit gun ownership....

has liberal philosophies with respect to the executive, judicial and legislative branches ......

a mentor that prefers one race over another..... believes in conspiracy theories ....

interesting........

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
well as best i can figure out you have a man with:

little or no experience being an executive or a leader ....

wants to cut military spending ...

limit gun ownership....

has liberal philosophies with respect to the executive, judicial and legislative branches ......

a mentor that prefers one race over another..... believes in conspiracy theories ....

interesting........

Let's not forget he also wants to socialize medicine and raise taxes.

I guess that's all the stuff that's making the liberals drool and fall at his feet in worship.

GW in Ohio
03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
nothing rhetorical about it, do you even know what that word means :poke:

See, it's a rhetorical question, 'cause you already know the answer. So do I.

Obama's a role model for young African Americans because he's a frickin' African American. (This isn't rocket science, boys.)

Young black kids, who may not have a positive role model in their lives....maybe their father skipped out or was never a factor in their lives....when these kids see that a black man can be elected president, they will see that they can make it, also.

No excuses any more, kids. If Obama can make it, you can, too.

Sitarro
03-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Obama's a role model for young African Americans because he's a frickin' African American. (This isn't rocket science, boys.)

Young black kids, who may not have a positive role model in their lives....maybe their father skipped out or was never a factor in their lives....when these kids see that a black man can be elected president, they will see that they can make it, also.

If you really are from Africa, not distant relatives but you are actually African born and you move to America and become a citizen, what hyphenated description of yourself do you use? What if you are a white South African and become a citizen, what then? If blacks in America want a hyphenated description, they should use either Black-American or American-African, that would be much more accurate.

I wish I had a swing like Tiger Woods but there really is no way that I, at 54 years old and 5'9", could ever have a swing like Tiger...... besides, I'm white, I could never do what Tiger has done, right? Black kids have plenty of role models(Secretary of State Rice, Secretary of State & General Powell, Supreme Court Judge Thomas, et.), it just doesn't make that big of a difference when you don't have a family role model. Obamessiah's most important role models, his mother and her parents that raised him, were white, and yet he claims the race of his father, the one that left he and his mother when he was 2........ doesn't really fit your reasoning that black kids need to see a black President to do the right thing. Many things account for how a child grows up besides having role models that have the same color skin that they have. You Democrats sure have a hang up about skin color.

Abbey Marie
03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I still don't know yet on who I am going to support for this presidency.... but I do feel as you on this issue.... maybe it is a female thing.... maybe I am overly sensitive? but I whole heartedly think that the press has treated obama with Kid gloves and hillary much harsher....

jd

I agree with you, JD. Even the late night comedians are all over Hillary, but not Obama. It's actually making me like her a little, and for anyone here who knows me, that is some sentence to come from my fingertips.

Classact
03-15-2008, 05:50 PM
People would be voting for Obama no matter what color he was, because he's a natural leader and has all the qualities we look for in a president. Explain why blacks choose Obama when in other elections they liked Clinton. A natural leader? What is a natural leader, must they be born that way? Obama got his start with corrupt money from a corrupt man... associated himself with the corrupt man and admits he repeatedly made poor judgment(s) in dealing with the guy now being tried for corruption... The only thing Obama has is a silver tongue and their are guys selling used cars that have the same ability... loan sharks that charge 25% interest have silver tongues... what separates Obama from the vomit he associates himself with? His chosen church and spiritual leader spouts anti-white - anti-American venom... what separates him from them?

That's not to say that right-wingers will like him. I can see how you guys and Rush Limbaugh don't approve of his politics, but that's not where the Republican attack machine will concentrate. What Karl Rove and Limbaugh will focus on is personal stuff, like this pastor he's been associated with.

Good luck with the mud-slinging. Make sure you wear overalls so you don't get yourselves dirty. As stated above he is "dirty" so he deserves to be identified without PC kit gloves on... and the funny part about it is John McCain is going to be complaining equally loud about the commercials as Obama... hilarious... I think the Super Duper Democratic delegates will see the train wreck coming and select Hillary... Obama is a dead man walking and will be humiliated if he is the Democratic Party's nominee... The blacks will be so pissed at the Democratic Party if they select Hillary they will vote for former congressperson McKinney... not that they vote based on race or anything.
:lol:

Yurt
03-16-2008, 11:37 AM

thats racist, pure and simple. so, according to your logic, no black person should be a role model for white kids, because they're fricken' white americans, (this isn't rocket science, girls and boys). but, i do thank you for proving my point to MFM, the very fact he connected with blacks on his site is because he is black and thus, he does in fact believe he is best able to represent blacks better than he can represent any other ethnic group.

your post is additionally racist and wrong..... so you are saying only blacks come from africa? what about arabs? what about white south afrikans?

Gunny
03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
People would be voting for Obama no matter what color he was, because he's a natural leader and has all the qualities we look for in a president.

:lol: :lmao:

Good luck with the mud-slinging. Make sure you wear overalls so you don't get yourselves dirty.

That a fact? Looks like you've got it quite backwards, just as you do his fictional political attributes. Obama's the one who keeps it at the personal level because he knows better than anyone his politics can't withstand much scrutiny.