PDA

View Full Version : 800 dogs seized from Ariz. home

LiberalNation
03-12-2008, 07:58 PM
:eek:

I've heard of 100 in one home but 800 dogs in a trailer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/ap_on_re_us/dogs_seized;_ylt=Al_jaNqXqrBUGudrBrAxlXlvzwcF

TUCSON, Ariz. - About 800 small dogs, including Chihuahuas, terriers and Pomeranians, were seized from a triple-wide mobile home whose occupants were overwhelmed trying to care for the animals, authorities said Wednesday. Pima County sheriff's deputies and animal welfare officials who removed the dogs also found 82 caged parrots in the home in a rural area northwest of Tucson.

Some dogs were pregnant and giving birth as they were taken to shelters in Tucson, said Jenny Rose, a spokeswoman for the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. Ninety-six dogs were taken from the house Monday and another 700 on Wednesday, she said.

"The home was definitely in very bad condition, urine and feces all over the home, in the kitchen and bedroom, with a very strong odor," she said. "Obviously, 800 dogs in a triple-wide mobile home, they were packed in there. That being said, they were in pretty good shape."

DragonStryk72
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Y'know, I love dogs, I really do, but anything more than maybe 4 seems a tad gratuitous. How do you even get 100 dogs, let alone getting 800 dogs?