PDA

View Full Version : Iraq: US military says it killed child

LiberalNation
03-12-2008, 10:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_child_killed;_ylt=AmZurBXOdSlgKuxrn5c4Q0134T0 D

BAGHDAD - U.S. soldiers fired a warning shot near a woman who "appeared to be signaling to someone" along a dangerous stretch of road north of Baghdad, but the bullet killed a young Iraqi girl, a military official said early Thursday.

The shooting took place Wednesday where several roadside bombs had recently been found in the volatile Diyala province. An exact location was not given in a military statement.

The girl appeared to be "around 10 years old," said Maj. Brad Leighton, a military spokesman.

In its statement, the military said that "coalition forces fired a warning shot into a berm near a suspicious woman who appeared to be signaling to someone while the soldiers were in the area. A young girl was found behind the berm suffering from a gunshot wound."

AFbombloader
03-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Another post with no opinion....typical.

This was a horrible accident. That is all.

AF:salute:

rppearso
03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Why should an opinion always be posted, to many people on here flame and neg rep if they disagree with the opinion presented end of story.

AFbombloader
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Why should an opinion always be posted, to many people on here flame and neg rep if they disagree with the opinion presented end of story.

Isn't that the point here? To let others know your opinion on a topic and then discuss it? If I want to read news there are other places I can get it from. And if you can't take "flaming" (as you call it) or getting neg repped then don't come back here because it is all part of the board too. You get flamed and neg repped because of the way you come across here.

AF:salute:

DragonStryk72
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote the flames, RP, seriously, put them on the screen, what you consider a 'flame'

JohnDoe
03-13-2008, 04:18 PM
My heart goes out to the soldier that fired the warning shot that accidentally killed this young girl....I am certain he is sickened over this even though he knows it was not his fault.... :(

I also feel for the mother and father and sibblings of this child....they too have a great deal to mourn.

I just hate War, and everything involved with it....I honestly can't help it, it is such a sad thing to me to see human beings being destroyed by it and in sooooo many other ways! :(

jd

rppearso
03-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote the flames, RP, seriously, put them on the screen, what you consider a 'flame'

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=9837&page=20

You can scan through numerous posts in this thread and find all kinds of flames, and the neg reps dont have to be warrented they are generated based on opinion not true reputation just look at my rep points.

rppearso
03-13-2008, 04:20 PM
My heart goes out to the soldier that fired the warning shot that accidentally killed this young girl....I am certain he is sickened over this even though he knows it was not his fault.... :(

I also feel for the mother and father and sibblings of this child....they too have a great deal to mourn.

I just hate War, and everything involved with it....I honestly can't help it, it is such a sad thing to me to see human beings being destroyed by it and in sooooo many other ways! :(

jd

I would agree, thats part of war though.

jimnyc
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh man get ready to feel the heat on this forum.

Why? JD and I barely agree on anything, and certainly not on the war issues. But, I still think what she said is true. I too feel bad for the soldier and the parents, and hate to see the death that comes from any war - but we know this stuff happens in a war, even if it doesn't make it any easier to swallow when you hear of accidents such as this.

AFbombloader
03-13-2008, 04:29 PM

jd

Just like I posted, this was a tragic accident. And RP, JD posted an opinion in a way that is understandable and eloquent. I actually see the point and agree to an extent. So you are incorrect on another point, we are not warmongers, we support the men and women.

JohnDoe
03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh man get ready to feel the heat on this forum.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh, believe it or not, they are all usually nice to me and put up with my DOVENESS .....:laugh2:

All except Sir Evil....he calls me on it everytime, which leads me to ignore him, till he finally stops, then for it to start all over again, then for me to put him on ignore, then for him to ease back, then for me to remove from ignore etc etc etc hahahahahaha!

Probably because I am a Lady and not a guy, they are nicer to me!!!! lol

or as some have suggested, I got boobies! LOLLOLLOL

jd

5stringJeff
03-13-2008, 04:35 PM

jd

My thoughts exactly.

Nukeman
03-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Why should an opinion always be posted, to many people on here flame and neg rep if they disagree with the opinion presented end of story.You get "flamed" because of your caustic attitude toward all military personel, and your smug supiority complex, even though you have a difficult time making a coherent sentence.....

As far as the OP it should be followed with a little of what YOU THINK on the subject otherwise it is just posting a link to a new article. We can all look up the news aswe see fir but we CAN"T look up your thoughts. Well maybe your thoughts since they always revolve around the dame thing!:poke:

Classact
03-14-2008, 06:58 AM

jdBeing shot and being killed is quite different JD. It said the child was shot. It was an accident, an accident that the adult acting stupid in public signaling caused.

Gunny
03-16-2008, 10:28 AM

jd

No one hates war more than those who actually have to pull the trigger. It doesn't matter who you are, if it doesn't affect you in some way, then there's something wrong with you to begin with.

-Cp
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
it is such a sad thing to me to see human beings being destroyed by it and in sooooo many other ways! :(

jd

Unless, of course, it's a human being destroyed by a "mother's choice"...

JohnDoe
03-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Unless, of course, it's a human being destroyed by a "mother's choice"...

That's a very sad thing to...especially for the mother, that felt she was in the position that she had to make that choice....

I don't think it is as gleeful of a choice as SOME make it sound around here....so YES, my heart does go out to the women that abort, for them and for their child to be, that never came to be.....:(

jd

Gunny
03-17-2008, 05:52 AM
That's a very sad thing to...especially for the mother, that felt she was in the position that she had to make that choice....

I don't think it is as gleeful of a choice as SOME make it sound around here....so YES, my heart does go out to the women that abort, for them and for their child to be, that never came to be.....:(

jd

What "gleeful choice?" It isn't a choice at all.

As previously stated, if the left in this country would just revere the lives of their own unborn children and indigent family members as they do the life of each and every Iraqi, Afghan, and/or Iranian child, it wouldn't even be an issue.