PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Disgusted With ebay I Could PUKE!

Pale Rider
03-13-2008, 01:10 PM
So I have two items going for auction on ebay. Things are going good and there's only two days left. So yesterday I get an email from ebay saying one of my auctions has been canceled because I used "SPAM" in the description of the item. At first I thought the email was spam, so then I checked the auction and sure enough, they had deleted it. I could not believe what I was seeing. So I get in touch with customer support, and they tell me that by using the phrase "like new" in the item description, that was *SPAM*! Well FUCK.... I've been on ebay for over seven years, I've had over 125 transactions, and I've used the term "like new" dozens of times! So they refer me to their rules pages, and there's STILL NO MENTION that using the term "like new" is *SPAM*, the rules are very nonspecific. So to top if off, they still have the charges for the auction on my seller fees. I told them there's no way in HELL I will EVER pay those charges for a service they DID NOT provide, to remove them or I'll contend the payment, and that in the future I'd be using every other means possible including craigslist to sell any items I have, and that I thought a "warning" would have been sufficient, and that I think their actions were absurd, appalling and over the top.

FUCK ebay... scum bag mother fucking PRICKS!!!

Immanuel
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned you... didn't they? :)

Now in all seriousness... what do they mean that you can not use the words, "like new" in a description of an item? How are you supposed to indicate the condition of an item if it is "like new"? Maybe use the words, "hardly used"? "Barely Used"? no, couldn't use that because you would probably be infringing on "Barely Used Auto Parts" copyright.

Quick question... did they reverse the fees?

Immie

Mr. P
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I hear MANY folks are upset with Ebay at the moment. I also hear Craigslist IS the new Ebay. The problem with Craigslist is most folks there want yer stuff for next to nothing. On the positive side Craigslist is more local, so no packing, shipping, postage or Paypal.

Hagbard Celine
03-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Two words: Anger Management.

Pale Rider
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned you... didn't they? :)

Now in all seriousness... what do they mean that you can not use the words, "like new" in a description of an item? How are you supposed to indicate the condition of an item if it is "like new"? Maybe use the words, "hardly used"? "Barely Used"? no, couldn't use that because you would probably be infringing on "Barely Used Auto Parts" copyright.

Quick question... did they reverse the fees?

Immie
They didn't ban me, but yeah, they said to use the words "like new" in the description of an item was *spam*. I just can't believe it. I've used like new before. They haven't reversed the fees yet, but I've informed them that I will NOT pay them for a service they did NOT provide. I think ebay is imploding. They must have some real winners running the joint.

I hear MANY folks are upset with Ebay at the moment. I also hear Craigslist IS the new Ebay. The problem with Craigslist is most folks there want yer stuff for next to nothing. On the positive side Craigslist is more local, so no packing, shipping, postage or Paypal.
I mentioned to them in my reply that in the future I'd be using every other means available, including craigslist, to sell my items in the future. And yes, I have used craigslist quite a bit already, and I'll often put "price is firm" in the ad.

Two words: Anger Management.
Two more words... shut up.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't blame you for being mad, Pale. What's wrong with saying "like new"?

hjmick
03-13-2008, 03:22 PM

Kind of depends on what he's trying to sell...

Pale Rider
03-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Kind of depends on what he's trying to sell...

It's a Galaxy DX-959 CB radio, and is "like new." I bought it not long ago, and just never used. It actually hasn't been even been turned on for any more than half an hour. There's not a scratch, smudge or blemish on it, and I have everything with it that it's supposed to come with... "like new."

Pale Rider
03-13-2008, 04:08 PM

I have no idea.... especially since I've used that phrase many times before, and I also see others using it. I think ebay is just the pits anymore. The place sucks, and when this current item I have for auction ends, I'm done with them.

hjmick
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
It's a Galaxy DX-959 CB radio, and is "like new." I bought it not long ago, and just never used. It actually hasn't been even been turned on for any more than half an hour. There's not a scratch, smudge or blemish on it, and I have everything with it that it's supposed to come with... "like new."

Sounds as if that is as "like new" as "like new" can be. Maybe try "never used" or "still in box" or something along those lines.

Pale Rider
03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds as if that is as "like new" as "like new" can be. Maybe try "never used" or "still in box" or something along those lines.

Which I would do, no problem. But that brings me back to wondering why saying that is so much different than like new... :dunno:

I think ebay is off their rocker.

I just did a search for items with "like new" in the title line, 6,600 items came up. I also did a search for items with "like new" in the title and description, and over TWO MILLION items came up. Fuck.... these people can kiss my ass.

hjmick
03-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm with you on this Pale, it makes no sense. The words you chose to describe the radio are innocuous and, based on your description, applicable.

actsnoblemartin
03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
ebay are fags :laugh2:, who else pale :salute:

So I have two items going for auction on ebay. Things are going good and there's only two days left. So yesterday I get an email from ebay saying one of my auctions has been canceled because I used "SPAM" in the description of the item. At first I thought the email was spam, so then I checked the auction and sure enough, they had deleted it. I could not believe what I was seeing. So I get in touch with customer support, and they tell me that by using the phrase "like new" in the item description, that was *SPAM*! Well FUCK.... I've been on ebay for over seven years, I've had over 125 transactions, and I've used the term "like new" dozens of times! So they refer me to their rules pages, and there's STILL NO MENTION that using the term "like new" is *SPAM*, the rules are very nonspecific. So to top if off, they still have the charges for the auction on my seller fees. I told them there's no way in HELL I will EVER pay those charges for a service they DID NOT provide, to remove them or I'll contend the payment, and that in the future I'd be using every other means possible including craigslist to sell any items I have, and that I thought a "warning" would have been sufficient, and that I think their actions were absurd, appalling and over the top.

FUCK ebay... scum bag mother fucking PRICKS!!!

03-13-2008, 07:51 PM
like new is spam now? learn something everyday

Yurt
03-13-2008, 09:57 PM
i hear this product tastes "like new"

http://www.seolto.nl/mainpage/data/upimages/1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

:laugh2:

they are off their rocker pale. i would send them the info you found with your search and then think about reporting them for fraudulent activities....

manu1959
03-13-2008, 10:15 PM

http://www.seolto.nl/mainpage/data/upimages/1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

they are off their rocker pale. i would send them the info you found with your search and then think about reporting them for fraudulent activities....

spam is a delicacy in hawaii......

Mr. P
03-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Really? The Army had plenty! (in my day anyway) :laugh2:

Yurt
03-14-2008, 12:07 AM

so true, anthony bordain did a show there and of course he did the spam part, we were busting up the whole time over his comments.... though bordain is an admitted pig lover and he actually loved it, but his jokes about the spam were classic bordain....

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 09:11 AM

I'm waiting for them to respond to my question as to why there are 6,600 auctions currently running identical to mine, and why there are over 2,000,000 auctions currently running with like new in the description.

They cherry picked my auction and ripped it off their site, and they better give me a real convincing reason why while allowing 6,600 other identical auctions to run. If not, I will look into what ever kind of pressure I can put on them, letter to the owner, report them to the BBB, etc..

Yurt
03-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm waiting for them to respond to my question as to why there are 6,600 auctions currently running identical to mine, and why there are over 2,000,000 auctions currently running with like new in the description.

They cherry picked my auction and ripped it off their site, and they better give me a real convincing reason why while allowing 6,600 other identical auctions to run. If not, I will look into what ever kind of pressure I can put on them, letter to the owner, report them to the BBB, etc..

as a thought, if you know other members who have been screwed over by ebay, you may consider grouping together. i know of a good lawyer in NV, don't know if his firm would take the case, but they may give a quick look at it. however, i really don't use ebay, so i have never read their rules, contracts, terms of use....

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
as a thought, if you know other members who have been screwed over by ebay, you may consider grouping together. i know of a good lawyer in NV, don't know if his firm would take the case, but they may give a quick look at it. however, i really don't use ebay, so i have never read their rules, contracts, terms of use....

Well their response to my asking why my auction was cherry picked and deleted was, that they rely on ebay members to report the offense so they can look at it. So, somebody must have reported my auction for having 'like new' in the title, and I'd imagine that someone was probably another person just like me that had a hard on because the very same thing happened to him. But then ebay went on with some sugary bull shit about how they value their members so much, blah, blah, blah. Yeah fuck them. From now on craigslist will be my primary source for selling and buying stuff, which by the way, this is the radio (http://reno.craigslist.org/ele/605658817.html) I had for sale on ebay, and it is, "like new."

Thanks for concern and the lawyer tip though Yurt. I appreciate it brother.

Yurt
03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Well their response to my asking why my auction was cherry picked and deleted was, that they rely on ebay members to report the offense so they can look at it. So, somebody must have reported my auction for having 'like new' in the title, and I'd imagine that someone was probably another person just like me that had a hard on because the very same thing happened to him. But then ebay went on with some sugary bull shit about how they value their members so much, blah, blah, blah. Yeah fuck them. From now on craigslist will be my primary source for selling and buying stuff, which by the way, this is the radio (http://reno.craigslist.org/ele/605658817.html) I had for sale on ebay, and it is, "like new."

Thanks for concern and the lawyer tip though Yurt. I appreciate it brother.

looks cool. hope ya sell it.

Mr. P
03-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I be happy to send you 2 bails of cotton fer dat radier maser! :laugh2:

Ya, you can tell em if ya want. I got ya pretty good. :cheers2:

pegwinn
03-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Fuckin A. Especially since they obviously make no attempt to enforce thier own rules. And, shouldn't you be able to get the name of the numbnuts that "reported" you?

No shit. Them folks love the stuff. Ugh. That and Poi are two of the nastiest foods going.

Pale Rider
03-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I be happy to send you 2 bails of cotton fer dat radier maser! :laugh2:

Ya, you can tell em if ya want. I got ya pretty good. :cheers2:
No shit. I get a call from some black guy down in Georgia that I can barely understand through the thick ebonics and..... well wait just a minute here..... IT'S MR.P! :finger3:..... cotton picker...... :laugh:

Fuckin A. Especially since they obviously make no attempt to enforce thier own rules. And, shouldn't you be able to get the name of the numbnuts that "reported" you?
I tried to get the name of the person that deleted the auction, then I tried to get the name of the person that reported it. Both question completely ignored, twice. I'm just through with ebay. I'll never sell another thing on there as long as I live. They can take all their FEES and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. I'll use craigslist from now on. It's free.

The Reverend
03-15-2008, 08:20 AM
We stopped using Ebay a while back, except for really hard to find stuff.
Craigslist is cheaper (free) to post and most of the time the items are also better priced. No auction just a listed price.

I agree PR this was about stupid what you did.

EVEN ther Rules on spam say nothing about saying like new.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html