PDA

View Full Version : hannity and mccain.....

manu1959
03-14-2008, 12:01 AM
i enjoyed the interview.....given the choice of mccain or ohillary.....or a third party which will end up as a vote for ohillary......hmmmmmmmmm.......may come down to who mccain picks for vp........

Yurt
03-14-2008, 12:22 AM
i enjoyed the interview.....given the choice of mccain or ohillary.....or a third party which will end up as a vote for ohillary......hmmmmmmmmm.......may come down to who mccain picks for vp........

i'm think i'm going to have a hard time voting for a TP when i know it will probably ensure a dem win. on the other hand, a vote for mccain is essentially a dem vote, so either way i lose. i have been carefully following the news/debates here, but have not made up my mind. actually, maybe we could make a list of the candidates, TP or otherwise a sticky, i, like others, haven't known of some recent libertarian candidates. i'll tell you though, if it comes down to obama v mccain.....

hjmick
03-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, it was fun to watch Hannity kiss McCain's ass. He's spent the last 8 months plugging for Rudy, the Romney, all the while decrying McCain's qualifications, then there he is, making nice. Fuck Hannity, it would hurt no one if he were to fade into obscurity.

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 05:37 AM
a vote for mccain is essentially a dem vote

really?.....which of the issues on the Democratic platform?......cutting taxes?....finishing what we started in Iraq?....cutting spending?.......I don't recall those being things dems liked......

Classact
03-14-2008, 06:46 AM
really?.....which of the issues on the Democratic platform?......cutting taxes?....finishing what we started in Iraq?....cutting spending?.......I don't recall those being things dems liked......He still supports amnesty... he just wants to secure the borders before he gives amnesty... No drilling in America... wacko environmentalists... free speech murderer...

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 07:51 AM
He still supports amnesty... he just wants to secure the borders before he gives amnesty... No drilling in America... wacko environmentalists... free speech murderer...

/yawn......and amnesty won't be a part of the Republican platform....the majority of conservatives realize it isn't a legitimate issue.....your freedom of speech seems fairly safe to me....and domestic production is NOT going to solve the oil crisis, only non-petroleum energy sources is a solution.......

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, it was fun to watch Hannity kiss McCain's ass. He's spent the last 8 months plugging for Rudy, the Romney, all the while decrying McCain's qualifications, then there he is, making nice. Fuck Hannity, it would hurt no one if he were to fade into obscurity.

I was waiting for hannity to french kiss mccain myself at some point in that love fest.

I suppose by the time November comes and I step into that voting booth, I'll have to pull the lever for mccain, because I'll be just scared shitless of the choice on the other side. I absolutely HATE to have to do that, and will continue to support and campaign hard for a third party candidate. But until we get one in the position for him/her to win, I'm going to HAVE to go for whoever it is that's got the best chance to keep the commie left out of the White House.

82Marine89
03-14-2008, 09:01 AM
/yawn......and amnesty won't be a part of the Republican platform....the majority of conservatives realize it isn't a legitimate issue.....your freedom of speech seems fairly safe to me....and domestic production is NOT going to solve the oil crisis, only non-petroleum energy sources is a solution.......

....got a link?....

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 09:16 AM
....got a link?....

I can tell ya right now he doesn't M. PmP likes to make sweeping statements as if somehow because he said it, it's true.

Now the fact of the matter is, most every poll I've ever seen shows the illegal alien problem to be either the most important issue conservatives have or very near. Of course there's an ebb and flow to what the current hot topic is, but the illegal problem is never far from the top to "conservatives." I don't think PmP is anywhere near being a conservative. He pretends.

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I was waiting for hannity to french kiss mccain myself at some point in that love fest.

I suppose by the time November comes and I step into that voting booth, I'll have to pull the lever for mccain, because I'll be just scared shitless of the choice on the other side. I absolutely HATE to have to do that, and will continue to support and campaign hard for a third party candidate. But until we get one in the position for him/her to win, I'm going to HAVE to go for whoever it is that's got the best chance to keep the commie left out of the White House.

You'll never get a third party candidate in the position to win without voting for the third party. Don't vote for McCain if you don't like his positions.

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
....got a link?....

yeah....

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010233124

McCain Secures Nomination - "The Contest Begins Tonight"

the Republican nominee is the one and only one who did not get on the "no amnesty" bandwagon......

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think PmP is anywhere near being a conservative. He pretends.

interesting....personally, I think at times I am to the left of McCain....but in every one of those poll things that they have on the internet to determine your political standing I come in well to the right of center, particularly on fiscal issues....of course, I don't look very conservative to those folks who think an ACU rating of 85 makes someone as liberal as Obama.......

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
most every poll I've ever seen shows the illegal alien problem to be either the most important issue conservatives have or very near

of course it is, but that doesn't mean that the majority of conservatives think the solution is to deport every alien and prohibit them from ever coming back......

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 09:48 AM
interesting....personally, I think at times I am to the left of McCain....but in every one of those poll things that they have on the internet to determine your political standing I come in well to the right of center, particularly on fiscal issues....of course, I don't look very conservative to those folks who think an ACU rating of 85 makes someone as liberal as Obama.......

Out of curiousity, PmP, have you ever taken the poll in my signature (third line)? It measures economic and social stances separately.

Hobbit
03-14-2008, 10:54 AM

So which part of McCain-Feingold secured it more, the clause that makes sure non-news radio personalities are limited to 10 minutes total on all political issues when close to an election or the clause that forces a local, neighborhood activist group formed for only one issue that effects only the that particular locale to spend millions in legal fees to register as a lobbying firm?

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
of course it is, but that doesn't mean that the majority of conservatives think the solution is to deport every alien and prohibit them from ever coming back......

Well you got two different ideas in there PmP. Yes most conservatives want the illegals deported, no they don't want them to never be able to come back. I don't think I've ever heard anyone, conservative, liberal or middle of the road say they never wanted another immigrant to be able to come to this country. So the truth is, yes the majority wants them deported, but they're entirely welcome to come back, through the proper legal channels.

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
So which part of McCain-Feingold secured it more, the clause that makes sure non-news radio personalities are limited to 10 minutes total on all political issues when close to an election or the clause that forces a local, neighborhood activist group formed for only one issue that effects only the that particular locale to spend millions in legal fees to register as a lobbying firm?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

manu1959
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Well you got two different ideas in there PmP. Yes most conservatives want the illegals deported, no they don't want them to never be able to come back. I don't think I've ever heard anyone, conservative, liberal or middle of the road say they never wanted another immigrant to be able to come to this country. So the truth is, yes the majority wants them deported, but they're entirely welcome to come back, through the proper legal channels.

what if every illegal was put on the tax rolls and paid taxes for one year and then were granted a work visa and then if they paid taxes for five years were given a green card and the right to take a citizenship test......any violation of the above and you are deported.....

tell how much would that add to the tax rolls

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
what if every illegal was put on the tax rolls and paid taxes for one year and then were granted a work visa and then if they paid taxes for five years were given a green card and the right to take a citizenship test......any violation of the above and you are deported.....

tell how much would that add to the tax rolls

That's pretty much amnesty there, and would encourage more to come. I'd be against it.

manu1959
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
That's pretty much amnesty there, and would encourage more to come. I'd be against it.

interesting.......i have offered a way to have them pay for the services they use....earn their right to be here.....continue to do the work the have been doing......and a punishment for not complying.....and of course the boarders would be sealed.......

and still you advocate arresting them all and bussing them out of the country......

what effect do think removing 5 - 15 million from the work force would have on the economy and the businesses and indutries they support .....

this has been going on for 20 years.....why is it suddenly an issue....

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 03:50 PM
the clause that makes sure non-news radio personalities are limited to 10 minutes total on all political issues when close to an election

lol, I'm not familiar with that clause, perhaps you could point it out for me.....

http://www.nationalcenter.org/McCainFeingold.html

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Out of curiousity, PmP, have you ever taken the poll in my signature (third line)? It measures economic and social stances separately.

under 1.0 on both, though that is less conservative than I usually score on those......I blame the influence of LiberalNation.....

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
under 1.0 on both, though that is less conservative than I usually score on those......I blame the influence of LiberalNation.....

How moderate of you. :D

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
How moderate of you. :D

hey, you're more "liberal" than me on social issues.....:laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 04:18 PM
hey, you're more "liberal" than me on social issues.....:laugh2:

You mean "libertarian?" Good! :D

Hobbit
03-15-2008, 12:53 AM
lol, I'm not familiar with that clause, perhaps you could point it out for me.....

http://www.nationalcenter.org/McCainFeingold.html

I'll try to find a link, but it was local. A couple of radio guys heard about some ballot initiative that was pretty sleazy and they wanted to oppose it, so they mentioned it on their show. Under McCain-Feingold, their air time is a thing of value and thus counts as a campaign contribution. Because of this, their air time was 'appraised' and, in order to follow the government imposed limitations, they had to limit talk about the issue to a maximum of 10 minutes per week.

PostmodernProphet
03-15-2008, 07:04 AM
I'll try to find a link

Hobbit, I guess I was too subtle.....I GAVE you a link, to the text of the act....the clause you mentioned isn't there......sorry, but your post is a misrepresentation......

5stringJeff
03-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I'll try to find a link, but it was local. A couple of radio guys heard about some ballot initiative that was pretty sleazy and they wanted to oppose it, so they mentioned it on their show. Under McCain-Feingold, their air time is a thing of value and thus counts as a campaign contribution. Because of this, their air time was 'appraised' and, in order to follow the government imposed limitations, they had to limit talk about the issue to a maximum of 10 minutes per week.

Hobbit, I guess I was too subtle.....I GAVE you a link, to the text of the act....the clause you mentioned isn't there......sorry, but your post is a misrepresentation......

No, I remember this happening in 2005 in Washington State. Two talk-show radio hosts, Kirby Wilber and Jon Carlson, were speaking out against a ballot initiative that would raise the gas tax. The state sued, under state campaign finance reform laes, saying that such speech was illegal without reporting it to the state as an in-kind donation. That is exactly the kind of thing that Hobbit is referring to. Here are two (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/246094_gastax27.html) articles (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDNjN2Y4NzhhZDQ1NjI1OTkyMmEyZTE1ZGY5ZmI4YWQ=). And yes, McCain's CFR laws have similar restrictions.

Abbey Marie
03-15-2008, 10:45 AM

That is how I feel about it, Pale.

PostmodernProphet
03-15-2008, 01:54 PM
McCain's CFR laws have similar restrictions.

no, it doesn't....I've read through it twice.....pretty lame to criticize McCain based on a decision a state court reached on a completely different law.....

Pale Rider
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
interesting.......i have offered a way to have them pay for the services they use....earn their right to be here.....continue to do the work the have been doing......and a punishment for not complying.....and of course the boarders would be sealed.......

and still you advocate arresting them all and bussing them out of the country......

what effect do think removing 5 - 15 million from the work force would have on the economy and the businesses and indutries they support .....

this has been going on for 20 years.....why is it suddenly an issue....

It's not "suddenly an issue" with me. It's "always been an issue." We have immigration laws, and in those it gives specific numbers of people that should be allowed into this country. We have those for a reason. All the illegals in this country have far exceeded that number. We don't need all those people. They have broken the law to get here, and we don't need them here, why on earth should they be able to stay for any reason?

And take the recent raid we had here on the local McDonalds. They busted sixty some illegals, and immediately those jobs were filled. I believe illegals not only break the law coming here sneaking across our border, but then they steal jobs from legal Americans. If we got rid of the illegals, we'd immediately see a massive relief on our countries police force, on our countries welfare state, on our countries hospital emergency rooms, on our countries schools, and if our border was sealed, on our border patrol, just to mention a few things.

They are not helping our country, and letting them stay is not going to help anything. The only way the illegals could ever help this country is to leave, period.

trobinett
03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
It's not "suddenly an issue" with me. It's "always been an issue." We have immigration laws, and in those it gives specific numbers of people that should be allowed into this country. We have those for a reason. All the illegals in this country have far exceeded that number. We don't need all those people. They have broken the law to get here, we don't need them here, why on earth should they be able to stay for any reason.

And take the recent raid we had here on the local McDonalds. They busted sixty some illegals, and immediately those jobs were filled. I believe illegals not only break the law coming here sneaking across our border, but then they steal jobs from legal Americans. If we got rid of the illegals, we'd immediately see a massive relief on our countries police force, on our countries welfare state, on our countries hospital emergency rooms, on our countries schools, and if our border was sealed, on our border patrol, just to mention a few things.

They are not helping our country, and letting them stay is not going to help anything. The only way the illegals could ever help this country is to leave, period.

Seems simple enought.

Who needs help on this?:slap:

manu1959
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
It's not "suddenly an issue" with me. It's "always been an issue." We have immigration laws, and in those it gives specific numbers of people that should be allowed into this country. We have those for a reason. All the illegals in this country have far exceeded that number. We don't need all those people. They have broken the law to get here, and we don't need them here, why on earth should they be able to stay for any reason?

all very true.....this country doesn't have the balls to solve this problem.......

trobinett
03-16-2008, 04:50 PM
all very true.....this country doesn't have the balls to solve this problem.......

A sad, but true statement manu!

Pale Rider
03-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Yup... it's our "government," with it's hand out to all the lobbyists money from big business EMPLOYING all those illegals, that doesn't have the balls to solve the problem.

stephanie
03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
....this country doesn't have the balls to solve this problem.......

I'm not sure they want to.
I feel as if we are being sold OUT.

Hugh Lincoln
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
As noted on a favorite blog, McCain's own securing of the nomination undercuts his argument for campaign 'reform': it's based on the idea that only Romneys can be successful, and McCains, with no money, cannot.

And yet, look what happened. Romney's out and McCain's in.

Do you think this thought ever crossed McCain's mind?