PDA

View Full Version : Obama Denounces Pastor's Inflammatory Statements

Kathianne
03-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Does he really?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pastor

...He explained that he joined Wright's church, Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, nearly 20 years ago. He said he knew Wright as a former Marine and respected biblical scholar who lectured at seminaries across the country.

"Reverend Wright preached the gospel of Jesus, a gospel on which I base my life," he wrote. "... And the sermons I heard him preach always related to our obligation to love God and one another, to work on behalf of the poor, and to seek justice at every turn."

He said Wright's controversial statements first came to his attention at the beginning of his presidential campaign last year, and he condemned them. Because of his ties to the 6,000-member congregation church — he and his wife were married there and their daughters baptized — Obama decided not to leave the church.

Obama also has credited Wright with delivering a sermon that he adopted as the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."...

While I can sort of 'understand' someone old enough choosing to understand 'over-the-top' statements, but not accepting them, I would NOT allow my young children to be exposed to such hate, against their country and so many of their countrymen.

I was against Ron Paul because of the hate mongers he surrounded himself with, or *excuse me* surrounded him; same with Obama.

The whole nonsense of it being an 'old' story, sorry so were the rantings of Ron Paul's newsletters.

What about Romney's 'Mormonism'? What about the evangelical leaders? He's NOT the first candidate to have his religious ties questioned.

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 06:07 PM
no, he is a liar, obama is not for change or hope, he is for whatever the "american sheeple" michael savage want to hear

Does he really?

While I can sort of 'understand' someone old enough choosing to understand 'over-the-top' statements, but not accepting them, I would NOT allow my young children to be exposed to such hate, against their country and so many of their countrymen.

I was against Ron Paul because of the hate mongers he surrounded himself with, or *excuse me* surrounded him; same with Obama.

The whole nonsense of it being an 'old' story, sorry so were the rantings of Ron Paul's newsletters.

What about Romney's 'Mormonism'? What about the evangelical leaders? He's NOT the first candidate to have his religious ties questioned.

Yurt
03-14-2008, 06:09 PM
just imagine a white candidate that went to a ("NON HATE GROUP") white church that did this.....

mfm, dragon, and whoever else........:poke:

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
its ok to hate white people, but not black people

how far we've come

we make excuses for black peoples bad behavior but not whites.

White liberals - Not using there brain since 1965

just imagine a white candidate that went to a ("NON HATE GROUP") white church that did this.....

mfm, dragon, and whoever else........:poke:

Kathianne
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
its ok to hate crackers, but not niggers.

how far we've come

we make excuses for black peoples bad behavior but not whites.

White liberals - Not using there brain since 1965

Why use such terms as 'crackers' and 'niggers'? I wouldn't use kikes, or either of the terms you chose. :confused:

Yurt
03-14-2008, 06:16 PM
kathy is right martin, using the word nigger like you have been lately is not getting your point across. i was called a kike for 4 months in the 10th grade because someone "realized" my last name was jewish and that kike was a slang. i ignored, in fact, they were my "friends." it sucks. words like that don't need to be used, unless making a very strong point specifically related to that use.

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I use all ethnic, religious, and racial sluts, i and some of my friends find it funny, but since you and yurt dont. I edited it.

Kathianne
03-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I use all ethnic, religious, and racial sluts, i and some of my friends find it funny, but since you and yurt dont. I edited it.

Thank you, I think you can get your point across about bigotry, without appearing to be a bigot yourself. :cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
well im not racist, i hate everybody equally :laugh2:, and as far as why do i use bad words, im a stubborn donkey :coffee:

Ill try to refrain from that in the future

Thank you, I think you can get your point across about bigotry, without appearing to be a bigot yourself. :cheers2:

Abbey Marie
03-14-2008, 07:11 PM
well im not racist, i hate everybody equally :laugh2:, and as far as why do i use bad words, im a stubborn donkey :coffee:

Ill try to refrain from that in the future

That's very good advice from Yurt and Kathianne, Martin, and very wise of you to take it!

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 07:15 PM
thanks, im just a goofball, you should see, all the stupid, funny, ridiculous racial jokes/names, i play with some of my friends. you would see im as racist as a turtle.

:laugh2:

That's very good advice from Yurt and Kathianne, Martin, and very wise of you to take it!

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-14-2008, 07:30 PM
WE have a couple black guys at work that greet each other with WAZ SUP MY NIGGA they think it's funny to see the reaction of us honky's

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
i dont like the word nigger or nigga, or niggie or nooger, or whatever. but, hey, i cant tell anyone what they can and cant say

WE have a couple black guys at work that greet each other with WAZ SUP MY NIGGA they think it's funny to see the reaction of us honky's

Kathianne
03-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Does he really?

To get back on topic, the hounds will be loosed:

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2008/03/like-a-rolling.html

There's too much to excerpt, but it's Obama's own response/denouncement (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack-obama/on-my-faith-and-my-church_b_91623.html)that will be the cause.

Kathianne
03-14-2008, 08:10 PM
More and it's 'old'. Oh yeah, it had a different title before, Campaign ‘08: The Radical Roots of Barack Obama

Now it's, Destiny's Child...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/13390609/campaign_08_the_radical_roots_of_barack_obama/3

Destiny's Child
No candidate since Robert F. Kennedy has sparked as much campaign-trail heat as Barack Obama. But can the one-term senator craft a platform to match his charisma?

BEN WALLACE-WELLSPosted Feb 22, 2007 12:28 PM

....Obama wasn't born into Wright's world. His parents were atheists, an African bureaucrat and a white grad student, Jerry Falwell's nightmare vision of secular liberals come to life. Obama could have picked any church — the spare, spiritual places in Hyde Park, the awesome pomp and procession of the cathedrals downtown. He could have picked a mosque, for that matter, or even a synagogue. Obama chose Trinity United. He picked Jeremiah Wright. Obama writes in his autobiography that on the day he chose this church, he felt the spirit of black memory and history moving through Wright, and "felt for the first time how that spirit carried within it, nascent, incomplete, the possibility of moving beyond our narrow dreams."...

Pale Rider
03-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah these little weak, nothing personal, "statements" hussein is issuing, aren't going to cut it. This issue will not go away until he stands in front of a camera and denounces ALL of the hate and racism "his" preacher was spouting, and the longer he puts it off, the more support he's going to lose. Hitlery must be happier than a pig in shit.... well.... she is a pig in shit.... :D

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Perspective needs to be given imho on this:

1- we need to find out if this reverend wright spoke in this hateful manner 20 years ago when Obama felt inspired by him and joined this church.

2- So far we have 2 Sermons out of 20 years of preaching on sundays that are way out of whack to me, to be said and preached in Church!! It could be that Obama did not hear these 2 sermons face to face...but i seriously doubt that he was not aware of them until now, this very moment...this is where he lacks experience and he flubbed this one by not speaking out on this from the very beginning and to not see what would obviously be a major kicking ball for the GOP come election time.

3- I honestly believe that if this were Hillary's or MCain's pastor that preached politics from the pulpit as I heard on at least one of the 2 tapes, that the media would have been all over it, and MUCH EARLIER on than now!

jd

Immanuel
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah these little weak, nothing personal, "statements" hussein is issuing, aren't going to cut it. This issue will not go away until he stands in front of a camera and denounces ALL of the hate and racism "his" preacher was spouting, and the longer he puts it off, the more support he's going to lose. Hitlery must be happier than a pig in shit.... well.... she is a pig in shit.... :D

I was wondering if he got Mr. (note, I refuse to use the word Rev.) Wright's permission before he spoke his words of denouncement:

"You know Pastor, you're killing me here, so if it is okay with you, for just a little while, I will tell people that I don't agree with you, but I love my church. Then when I get elected we can go back to life as usual."

Twenty years as a member of that church, listening to that kind of garbage and then saying that you never really heard what the pastor was saying? Give me a break!

Sure, I fall asleep sometimes when my pastor gets up to speak, but if he spoke like that... I'd be wide awake and demanding he be released from his call.

I'd like to know what credentials Mr. Wright claims to have. Think I'll spend some time looking into that this weekend. Where did he get his Bible training from?

Sorry, MFM, I realize this is from your denomination, but that man doesn't speak of the love of Christ. That man spouts hatred and we all know where hatred like that comes from.

Immie

manu1959
03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
it took 20 years for him to reailize his mentor is a loon............

Immanuel
03-14-2008, 09:03 PM

1- we need to find out if this reverend wright spoke in this hateful manner 20 years ago when Obama felt inspired by him and joined this church.

2- So far we have 2 Sermons out of 20 years of preaching on sundays that are way out of whack to me, to be said and preached in Church!! It could be that Obama did not hear these 2 sermons face to face...but i seriously doubt that he was not aware of them until now, this very moment...this is where he lacks experience and he flubbed this one by not speaking out on this from the very beginning and to not see what would obviously be a major kicking ball for the GOP come election time.

3- I honestly believe that if this were Hillary's or MCain's pastor that preached politics from the pulpit as I heard on at least one of the 2 tapes, that the media would have been all over it, and MUCH EARLIER on than now!

jd

If I could believe those were two secluded incidences taken out of context, I would feel much better, but from what I heard that man was well versed in his hatred. He was well practiced in it.

I can't say that Obama is racist simply because he is a member of that church, but anyone that would allow a man to preach hatred in Christ's name from the pulpit of his church is suspect in my book.

I could never sit through the rantings of a "minister" preaching the superiority of the Aryan race. I'd probably be killed before I got out the door of the so-called church because I would have to say something the moment he opened his mouth and I am a very soft-spoken person when it comes to face-to-face confrontation.

This is no different than that.

Immie

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
it took 20 years for him to reailize his mentor is a loon............I think that we do not know yet if this pastor preached in this manner his whole 20 years... unless I have missed something like another tape from 20 years ago or even 15 years ago or even 10 years ago with him preaching in this.... foreign to me, manner?

Have I missed something? Be certain, the media will explore this Rev Wright and we should find out soon enough....but i personally don't think that this has been determined yet....

I do not believe that Obama thinks the same way as his preacher....

because there is absolutely nothing in Obama's career imo that supported the kind of rhetoric I heard the Rev say.

And the Rev was so far off when speaking about Obama knowing what it is like to be the poor black guy......yahdeedah...

Obama was privleged, and he IS RICH.

I am not discounting Obama's smarts and successes, because one can be privleged and Rich and be a Paris Hilton too.... And i do believe he is extremely talented, an excellent orator....

I just don't see how the rev wright's comments regarding Obama being the one to understand this "poor, opressed, black congregation" better than Hillary was a valid comment, because I do not believe that obama was anything less than privleged as a child growing up or as a young adult.....but I haven't read any of his books so i could be wrong on that I suppose?

jd

krisy
03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
They said on Fox news a little while ago that at 6 tonight,Wright was working for Obama's campaign and by 7 he wasn't.

FSUK
03-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Does he really?

- Well, theres a slight problem,because your president has spread hate around the world.

manu1959
03-15-2008, 12:15 AM
- Well, theres a slight problem,because your president has spread hate around the world.

really....prior to george bush there was peace around the world.....

FSUK
03-15-2008, 12:18 AM
really....prior to george bush there was peace around the world.....

NO, there was no peace prior to Bush either.

manu1959
03-15-2008, 12:43 AM
NO, there was no peace prior to Bush either.

so if hate existed prior to bush....then why claim he spread it......one could argue that hate has existed since the brits slaughtered the muslims.....and initiated the balfour agreement to effectively creat israel and the americans have been cleaning your mess up ever since the sun set on your empire....

FSUK
03-15-2008, 12:48 AM
so if hate existed prior to bush....then why claim he spread it......one could argue that hate has existed since the brits slaughtered the muslims.....and initiated the balfour agreement to effectively creat israel and the americans have been cleaning your mess up ever since the sun set on your empire....

Wtf?

Did i say only bush has spread hate? i was simply talking in the present day- ie: the current president is Bush.

America seems to cleans everyones mess, but that just seems to create a bigger mess in the process.

manu1959
03-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Wtf?

Did i say only bush has spread hate? i was simply talking in the present day- ie: the current president is Bush.

America seems to cleans everyones mess, but that just seems to create a bigger mess in the process.

yes you did post 23....word for word.....and i quote....""your president has spread hate around the world. "

tell me about the mess america created in liberia......how about bosnia....

would your prefer that america remove all its military from around the world and cut off all foreign aid and let the uk, france, germany, italy and spain solve the worlds problems ...... it does seem only fair that america let you all do that as most of the problems in the world today were originally created by all y'all.....

FSUK
03-15-2008, 01:08 AM
yes you did post 23....word for word.....and i quote....""your president has spread hate around the world. "

tell me about the mess america created in liberia......how about bosnia....

would your prefer that america remove all its military from around the world and cut off all foreign aid and let the uk, france, germany, italy and spain solve the worlds problems ...... it does seem only fair that america let you all do that as most of the problems in the world today were originally created by all y'all.....

I stand by the ''spread hate' remark .I thought you were referring to the quote in this thread.

You talk of bosnia and liberia. Why dont we talk about the mess in iraq,afghanistan?? This mess has created thousands of terrorists.

Present day france,uk,germany, and italy are not war mongers like the US

They actually have their country's national interest at heart- not some personal business agenda to make some profit on a few oil deals.

Sitarro
03-15-2008, 01:51 AM
I stand by the ''spread hate' remark .I thought you were referring to the quote in this thread.

You talk of bosnia and liberia. Why dont we talk about the mess in iraq,afghanistan?? This mess has created thousands of terrorists.

Present day france,uk,germany, and italy are not war mongers like the US

They actually have their country's national interest at heart- not some personal business agenda to make some profit on a few oil deals.

Really, I could have sworn it was France and Germany that were going against UN sanctions by working deals worth billions with Saddam. Then again, the UN was in Saddam's pocket too while he took the money being allowed to be made by selling oil for food for his people. No, France and Germany along with Russia and China, were just spreading the love for Saddam.

Pale Rider
03-15-2008, 02:39 AM
I think that we do not know yet if this pastor preached in this manner his whole 20 years...

C'mon JD... I know you may be playing the devil's advocate game here, but please, don't be naive. You can't be trying to tell me that a man that spits racist venom like that ONLY DID IT TWICE, and by some ultra odd coincidence, they had a camera on him BOTH TIMES! No... this is this jerk offs message. He believes what he's saying and he's been practicing saying it for quite some time. You don't just all of a sudden pick it up one day and let fly that intense amount of hatred and racism. That whole damn church is one big black, it's all whitey's fault congregation, and I'll be waiting for hussein to tell me what he's been doing there listening to it for the last twenty years.

I'm tellin' ya, blacks are the most racist people on earth, and I highly doubt hussein is any different. I knew it would only take a little while to expose him, and here we are.... we're right back to the old double standard, and the belief that only whites can be racist. Give me a break....

Kathianne
03-15-2008, 04:50 AM

jd

JD, I think it's over 30 sermons bought on DVD's from the church. Obama has now responded saying he only caught a couple, (which is probably where you got the 2), and he denounced them when he heard about them on the campaign trail.

Problem with that is, there are so many of them and he was a 'faithful congregant', with a short period of irregular attendance after his first daughter was born. Again, that doesn't mean he heard any of these sermons, but he'd certainly be much more aware of them from fellow church members than on the campaign trail-they go back years.

I remember warning others about this quite a ways before he entered the race, Chicago papers had covered the two Obama later said he learned about during the campaign, that's when Rolling Stone wrote about them, that's when the denunciation came about. For some reason he didn't think national press would pick up what the Chicago press had been covering in their normal press coverage.

Classact
03-15-2008, 06:33 AM

mfm, dragon, and whoever else........:poke:I agree, the media, or some of it is trying to give Obama a pass once again. I bet they are squirming like they need to go pee waiting to see how SNL will skit this one.

I watched Oreilly, Hannity and then switched to see Anderson Cooper on CNN and I'm here to tell you that Hillary and Bill have to be doing some back and knee slapping and have gone through a box of tissues wiping their tears of happiness...

How did Hannity put it... I can't explain how Obama should have to resign his senate seat based on this news let alone his run for president...

I predict Obama will end his race for president before the PA primary... it's over!

JohnDoe
03-15-2008, 09:44 AM
JD, I think it's over 30 sermons bought on DVD's from the church. Obama has now responded saying he only caught a couple, (which is probably where you got the 2), and he denounced them when he heard about them on the campaign trail.

Problem with that is, there are so many of them and he was a 'faithful congregant', with a short period of irregular attendance after his first daughter was born. Again, that doesn't mean he heard any of these sermons, but he'd certainly be much more aware of them from fellow church members than on the campaign trail-they go back years.

I remember warning others about this quite a ways before he entered the race, Chicago papers had covered the two Obama later said he learned about during the campaign, that's when Rolling Stone wrote about them, that's when the denunciation came about. For some reason he didn't think national press would pick up what the Chicago press had been covering in their normal press coverage.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, so there are a ton of tapes going way back on Wright, I honestly did not know this or it just didn't catch if I had read it.

The point I was trying to make was that 20 years ago, when Obama made the decision to join this church, this church MAY NOT have been as "radical" as it seems to be "today", thus looking to see if there were more tapes or Rev Wright 20 years ago, to see IF Obama joined this Church BECAUSE it was a radical type Church.

And K., it just seems so naive for Senator Obama to think that the Chicago news wouldn't make it in to the main stream media? This is what i really can't put a finger on....was he really this naive?

Or was he waiting for his protected bubble to pop....hoping that it would not happen until he could push Hillary out of the race?

Certainly he could not have thought that the Republicans wouldn't or couldn't exploit this during the Presidential Election? He's a Harvard Grad isn't he???

Would he knowingly hurt the Party with a possible loss against McCain for self gratification? And I am not sure this is the case but there has to be more behind the scenes...this could be part of a plan but i don't see it....other than this could strengthen him if he comes out of this mess just slightly scarred by his learning how to handle a negative media...perhaps?

I just don't think that "things" happen haphazzardly when it comes to politics....

Soooooooo, what the heck is really going on here?

jd

krisy
03-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Obama thought he would get a pass on this because the press has left him untouched until now.

Unfortunately,we now have to count on our ever so stupid media to keep this story going. They should keep digging on this until every sermon by that jerk has been aired on prime time.

Abbey Marie
03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Obama thought he would get a pass on this because the press has left him untouched until now.

Unfortunately,we now have to count on our ever so stupid media to keep this story going. They should keep digging on this until every sermon by that jerk has been aired on prime time.

I don't think McCain is the type to pursue it, either. It will probably take some kind of swift boat group to buy ads to hammer it home. Swiftpulpit?

Gaffer
03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't think McCain is the type to pursue it, either. It will probably take some kind of swift boat group to buy ads to hammer it home. Swiftpulpit?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Bring on the 527's.

Yurt
03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
yeah, it only just happened, never knew about it....

Obama writes in his autobiography that on the day he chose this church, he felt the spirit of black memory and history moving through Wright, and "felt for the first time how that spirit carried within it, nascent, incomplete, the possibility of moving beyond our narrow dreams."...

Pale Rider
03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
And you say America is 'ready for change' hussein.... well, they might be.... but it ain't gonna be YOU!

bullypulpit
03-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Apparently the inflammatory statements of John Hagee and Rod Parsley don't count since they are both lilly white and have endorsed John McCain.

manu1959
03-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Apparently the inflammatory statements of John Hagee and Rod Parsley don't count since they are both lilly white and have endorsed John McCain.

was unaware that they were mccain's mentor and spiritual advisor for the past 20 years and that mccain was a member of their church for 20 years.....

or was you point obama is as bad as a republican.....

Pale Rider
03-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Obama Decries Racial Rhetoric

2008-03-15 16:04:14
By TOM RAUM Associated Press Writer

PLAINFIELD, Ind. (AP) — Sen. Barack Obama on Saturday decried "the forces of division" over race that he said are intruding into the Democratic presidential nomination contest.

"We have to come together," he told a town-hall meeting at a high school.

Who's this "we" shit hussein? You and your black brothers? Oooohhh you mean us white folks your preacher rants hate against?

Obama cited inflammatory remarks made by his pastor that are now being used as political ammunition against him — remarks that Obama has denounced.

Too little too late hussein. You should have ended your association with your racist, frothing at the mouth preacher twenty years ago.

"If all I knew were those statements I saw on television, I would be shocked," Obama said.

Bull shit. You agree with them. You're a charlatan and a liar.

Obama suggested that more and more is being made of racial divisions as his contest with Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton heats up.

"The forces of division have begun to raise their ugly head again," Obama said.

The ugly head is on your preacher hussein.

"It reminds me: We've got a tragic history when it comes to race in this country. A lot of pent-up anger and mistrust and bitterness. This country wants to move beyond these kinds of things."

Evidently your preacher doesn't hussein. He seeks to perpetuate the anger preaching his message of HATE WHITEY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14479169&feedid=224

I hope this sinks this little fuckers campaign dead in it's tracks.

krisy
03-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I hope this stops him too,Pale. This thing blowing up the way it has is a great way for people too understand that racism goes BOTH ways. Some people are such hypocrites. They sit in church and preach against racism,yet the preaching they are doing is nothing but.

bullypulpit
03-15-2008, 08:17 PM
was unaware that they were mccain's mentor and spiritual advisor for the past 20 years and that mccain was a member of their church for 20 years.....

or was you point obama is as bad as a republican.....

Non sequitur. Obama had the class to have the man removed from his campaign organization. McCain, on the other hand, with his blatant pandering to the religious right wing-nut base of the GOP has failed to repudiate, reject or otherwise voice his unease with the outrageous remarks of either John Hagee or Rod Parsley. But, playing the political whore as he is, McCain can't be selective of his johns.

bullypulpit
03-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow...you guys really don't get it...do you. You've swallowed the attacks on Obama hook, line and sinker...either failing to realize or, more likely, simply ignoring their racist sub-text. Why don't y'all just come out and admit it. A black man as POTUS scares the living shit out of you. What a truly pathetic lot you are.

Yurt
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM

completely different. i guess you approve of obama's pastors statements? i guess you really believe obama "didn't know" :poke:

mfm's silence on this matter is telling

theHawk
03-16-2008, 02:05 AM
Wow...you guys really don't get it...do you. You've swallowed the attacks on Obama hook, line and sinker...either failing to realize or, more likely, simply ignoring their racist sub-text. Why don't y'all just come out and admit it. A black man as POTUS scares the living shit out of you. What a truly pathetic lot you are.

We are swallowing "the attaks on Obama"? In case you didn't notice, it was Obama's pastor that said these inflamatory comments and endorsed a man so racist even most Dems won't touch him with a ten foot pole. Its funny how pointing out these undisputed FACTS are called "attacks" by shitbag liberals who want everyone to ignore the facts and follow their leader like a good little sheep.

But, keep playing your race card with your "a black man as POTUS scares the living shit out of us" garbage.

For a Presidential candidate who is running on his superior "judgement", we as voters have every right to question his judgement when he has suscribed to this man's ideology for the last twenty years.

I wouldn't tell you to look past a politician's life long affiliation with a group like the KKK, so don't tell us to do the same with BO.

Pale Rider
03-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Non sequitur. Obama had the class to have the man removed from his campaign organization. McCain, on the other hand, with his blatant pandering to the religious right wing-nut base of the GOP has failed to repudiate, reject or otherwise voice his unease with the outrageous remarks of either John Hagee or Rod Parsley. But, playing the political whore as he is, McCain can't be selective of his johns.

Please show me a sermon by a "right winger" that preachers "HATE BLACKY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT," of the church "ANY" of the republican candidates have belonged to for the last twenty years.

You're blowing shit clear from here to eternity on this one pullit... you've never made yourself look dumber here than now.

Pale Rider
03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
mfm's silence on this matter is telling

mfm is a liberal, but he's not stupid. I think he knows what husseins preacher has been preaching is indefensible.

If I was him, I'd be questioning whether or not I was going to vote for him too...

stephanie
03-16-2008, 03:50 AM

the shrill and Obambam are fighting it out, yet the left can't figure out how to portray it as.............A Right Wing Conspiracy....They are working on it, but it yet hasn't worked...........

what a hoot to watch.....:laugh2::dance:

Kathianne
03-16-2008, 05:21 AM
mfm is a liberal, but he's not stupid. I think he knows what husseins preacher has been preaching is indefensible.

If I was him, I'd be questioning whether or not I was going to vote for him too...

Exactly. For nearly a year now he's been saying that Obama's church is NOT RACIST, because he belongs to the same denomination and he KNOWS that is not the way the church is. That would be like me saying that all Catholic churches are as tolerant as those I've belonged to, when I have NO way to know that, and there is evidence to the contrary.

I've been saying that there is no way he would stay in a church that had a mission statement that Obama's did, if the 'Afro Centric' was 'White' instead. He has argued that it's understandable for a black to do so, for all the wrongs suffered.

I've also argued that neither he nor I would allow our children to listen to these types of rantings, yet Obama has. Why?

Classact
03-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Obama Decries Racial Rhetoric

2008-03-15 16:04:14
By TOM RAUM Associated Press Writer

PLAINFIELD, Ind. (AP) — Sen. Barack Obama on Saturday decried "the forces of division" over race that he said are intruding into the Democratic presidential nomination contest.

"We have to come together," he told a town-hall meeting at a high school.

Who's this "we" shit hussein? You and your black brothers? Oooohhh you mean us white folks your preacher rants hate against?

Obama cited inflammatory remarks made by his pastor that are now being used as political ammunition against him — remarks that Obama has denounced.

Too little too late hussein. You should have ended your association with your racist, frothing at the mouth preacher twenty years ago.

"If all I knew were those statements I saw on television, I would be shocked," Obama said.

Bull shit. You agree with them. You're a charlatan and a liar.

Obama suggested that more and more is being made of racial divisions as his contest with Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton heats up.

"The forces of division have begun to raise their ugly head again," Obama said.

The ugly head is on your preacher hussein.

"It reminds me: We've got a tragic history when it comes to race in this country. A lot of pent-up anger and mistrust and bitterness. This country wants to move beyond these kinds of things."

Evidently your preacher doesn't hussein. He seeks to perpetuate the anger preaching his message of HATE WHITEY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14479169&feedid=224

I hope this sinks this little fuckers campaign dead in it's tracks.Yes we can! The audicity! http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/03/14/rev_jeremiah_wright%e2%80%99s_hope_speech

bullypulpit
03-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Please show me a sermon by a "right winger" that preachers "HATE BLACKY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT," of the church "ANY" of the republican candidates have belonged to for the last twenty years.

You're blowing shit clear from here to eternity on this one pullit... you've never made yourself look dumber here than now.

Pastor John Hagee in his own words, comparing the Catholic Church to the "Great Whore" of Revelations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uViQ0hVV57Q

I don't believe I mentioned ANYTHING about religious right wing-nuts saying anything of the kind, and, if you read the text, I didn't see anything by the Rev. Wright espousing hatred of whites. That's just subtext added by you and the other slack-jawed mouth-breathers that swallow the right wing attack machine's bullshit like it was manna from heaven.

As for Pastor Parsley, he needs to review his history in light of some of his statements, such as this:

<blockquote>I cannot tell you how important it is that we understand the true nature of Islam, that we see it for what it really is. In fact, I will tell you this: I do not believe our country can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam. I know that this statement sounds extreme, but I do not shrink from its implications. The fact is that America was founded, in part, with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed, and I believe September 11, 2001, was a generational call to arms that we can no longer ignore.</blockquote>

Let me refer you to Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli...

<blockquote>As <b>the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen</b>,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.</blockquote>

As for blowing shit, that's all coming from your blow-hole.

Kathianne
03-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Pastor John Hagee in his own words, comparing the Catholic Church to the "Great Whore" of Revelations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uViQ0hVV57Q

Bully, it's always been ok to hate Catholics, they are an exemption to the hate rules.

JohnDoe
03-16-2008, 09:28 AM
So true Kathianne, but WHY is that the case with Catholic Bashing?

----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding these tapes of Rev Wright....I have had a few nights to think about it and have relooked at some of the upsetting things that he has said and i think what has upset me, might just be, because I am unfamiliar with the Black culture and jive talk....as they used to call it when I was young, it could be called something else now...?

I guess I ended up asking myself a few questions:

-Is this any different than the "HATE LIBERALS at all cost" stuff that comes out of the white right?

-Is this any different than the "HATE BUSH at all costs" stuff that comes out of the primarily white left?

-Is this any different than the "John Haggee Catholic HATRED"?

-Is this any different than Falwell and Robertson calling America a Whore and saying that our Actions brought on 9/11, while still garnering the support of many white folk on the Right?

-Is it any different than the hatred espoused by political foes insisting on a Civil War (600,000 americans killed in the first one, Lord knows the millions killed in a second one) in this Country?

_Is it any different than those that have said we need another Revolutionary war to get control back from the gvt running our country?

-Is it any different than Hugh on this site with his stuff against Blacks or any different than Jason/Asshat with his stuff regarding the elite, or Jews? Or any different than Martin with his dislike of Women? (I let these guys espouse their hatred towards things they dislike....because I feel it is their "right" to their own thoughts and opinions?)

Is it possible that we, as white folk, just don't understand what would be considered as normal talk among a group of people that we honestly know nothing about, regarding their culture and church settings etc?

I find it so insulting to hear any kind of Hate Preaching, and I have heard it from the white preachers too....especially against Democrats or Liberals early on in the Bush Administration so I am NOT giving this Rev Wright a "pass" or Obama a "pass" at this point...but I am trying to put ALL OF THIS in to perspective.

It's Sunday! :) Just thought I would put on more of a forgiving, understanding, loving ALL, hat for the day...ok..........maybe an hour or so!

jd

Yurt
03-16-2008, 11:29 AM
my opinion on why this racist hate filled monger is different than the other cited examples, catholic, and the muslim one, is that those are theological differences and the talk was directed primarily at the faith, not the people. this guy however, has gone after a set group of people, white people. he has also gone past theological themes by bringing in the US government and accusing them of purposefully killing black people. these are political themes and the fact that obama only "denounced" them after it became a big deal speaks volumes. as kathy said, he knew about these accusations over a year ago from the chicago story.

if this guy gets the dem nod, then it shows that racism is indeed alive and its not by whites.... i guarantee you most of the blacks support this. i saw two guys on the tele last night, sharkton and some dem party leader, both did not denounce the pastor, they instead attacked other WHITE pastors.....

Pale Rider
03-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't see anything by the Rev. Wright espousing hatred of whites. That's just subtext added by you and the other slack-jawed mouth-breathers that swallow the right wing attack machine's bullshit like it was manna from heaven.

Once again I see why so few here on this board will even take the time to engage in any type of discussion with you. You're so full of lunatic left, moonbat shit, you're utterly blind to the truth. Frankly, I think you belong in an insane asylum. I fail to see how anyone with a head so full of mush as you can navigate a normal life.

Gaffer
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
It's the lib way to attack someone else and try to divert peoples attention. The subject here is wright, the trinity church and attacking the government and white people. Not what is said by someone else about something else. Libs can either condemn or condone what was said, but pointing at someone else for something completely different doesn't change anything. If you can't speak directly to the subject its best you remain silent.

manu1959
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
It's the lib way to attack someone else and try to divert peoples attention. The subject here is wright, the trinity church and attacking the government and white people. Not what is said by someone else about something else. Libs can either condemn or condone what was said, but pointing at someone else for something completely different doesn't change anything. If you can't speak directly to the subject its best you remain silent.

spot on.....they complain about the right being scum and how they are so much better and would never do that type of thing......then spin around and use that very behaviour to justify their own.....

today's argument is ..... racisim is bad ..... well you all are racists so it is ok for wright to be a racist......

Classact
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
If you are old enough to have lived through the Black Panthers then the pastor's words have a much different meaning than if you haven't...

His words are divisive and they were the basis for Obama's best seller book... Obama simply removed the singling out of the Black race and replaced all races of liberal minded folks to align with... Anti War isn't only a black issue... being poor or drugs aren't owned by the black community... Obama would have you believe his sell but aligns with the racists until caught... I'm guessing that many blacks that lived through the age of Black Panthers won't vote for him because he has now distanced himself from the racists pastor...

I simply don't believe a word Obama says because to me he is no different than Cynthia McKinney other than the "in public, say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud" because he had to be forced to part from the Black Panther thought "in public". In other words he fully understood the full context of his minister's black panther thought process from the beginning and endorsed it but kept it hidden rather than wear it on his shoulder like McKinney...

That makes him a two faced liar! He had friends that liked to blow up America... he had financial dealing with a crook that started his political career... he had association with a church that named an anti American Farrakhan to a prestigious position... he had association with the pastor that is anti American and a white hater and only days ago separated himself from the Panther relationship once busted nationwide... That makes him nothing but a silver tongue politician that is, in FACT a liar as opposed to an openly "I'm black and I'm proud Panther" Cynthia McKinney that now has more credibility.

Kathianne
03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
So true Kathianne, but WHY is that the case with Catholic Bashing?

----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding these tapes of Rev Wright....I have had a few nights to think about it and have relooked at some of the upsetting things that he has said and i think what has upset me, might just be, because I am unfamiliar with the Black culture and jive talk....as they used to call it when I was young, it could be called something else now...?

I guess I ended up asking myself a few questions:

-Is this any different than the "HATE LIBERALS at all cost" stuff that comes out of the white right?

-Is this any different than the "HATE BUSH at all costs" stuff that comes out of the primarily white left?

-Is this any different than the "John Haggee Catholic HATRED"?

-Is this any different than Falwell and Robertson calling America a Whore and saying that our Actions brought on 9/11, while still garnering the support of many white folk on the Right?

-Is it any different than the hatred espoused by political foes insisting on a Civil War (600,000 americans killed in the first one, Lord knows the millions killed in a second one) in this Country?

_Is it any different than those that have said we need another Revolutionary war to get control back from the gvt running our country?

-Is it any different than Hugh on this site with his stuff against Blacks or any different than Jason/Asshat with his stuff regarding the elite, or Jews? Or any different than Martin with his dislike of Women? (I let these guys espouse their hatred towards things they dislike....because I feel it is their "right" to their own thoughts and opinions?)

Is it possible that we, as white folk, just don't understand what would be considered as normal talk among a group of people that we honestly know nothing about, regarding their culture and church settings etc?

I find it so insulting to hear any kind of Hate Preaching, and I have heard it from the white preachers too....especially against Democrats or Liberals early on in the Bush Administration so I am NOT giving this Rev Wright a "pass" or Obama a "pass" at this point...but I am trying to put ALL OF THIS in to perspective.

It's Sunday! :) Just thought I would put on more of a forgiving, understanding, loving ALL, hat for the day...ok..........maybe an hour or so!

jd

As for Wright and any of the above, not much. As for Obama and the above, a lot. Obama is running for President, just as Ron Paul did. The difference is, he's really got a shot at winning. Why are some not holding him responsible for the mentor he chose? That should be the question.

Classact
03-16-2008, 01:47 PM
As for Wright and any of the above, not much. As for Obama and the above, a lot. Obama is running for President, just as Ron Paul did. The difference is, he's really got a shot at winning. Why are some not holding him responsible for the mentor he chose? That should be the question.Kathianne, Juan Williams just said something similar on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace... Suddenly we don't know him because of his mentor... The show re runs at 6:00PM... the "power panel" starts at around 6:35PM if you want to hear what was said...

Kathianne
03-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Kathianne, Juan Williams just said something similar on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace... Suddenly we don't know him because of his mentor... The show re runs at 6:00PM... the "power panel" starts at around 6:35PM if you want to hear what was said...

I saw it this morning. While I don't always agree with Williams, he's intellectually honest.

bullypulpit
03-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Once again I see why so few here on this board will even take the time to engage in any type of discussion with you. You're so full of lunatic left, moonbat shit, you're utterly blind to the truth. Frankly, I think you belong in an insane asylum. I fail to see how anyone with a head so full of mush as you can navigate a normal life.

SO, rather than debate the issues you call me childish names...That's REAL mature and persuasive. But, when you're as intellectually bankrupt as you and the rest of the RWN's are, that's all you've got left...personal attacks. You can't debate the issues because you lack the wherewithal to back up any debate on the issues.

So, y'all keep grasping at straws, erecting straw-men and dodging the issues. I'll keep laughing my ass off at you. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
SO, rather than debate the issues you call me childish names...That's REAL mature and persuasive. But, when you're as intellectually bankrupt as you and the rest of the RWN's are, that's all you've got left...personal attacks. You can't debate the issues because you lack the wherewithal to back up any debate on the issues.

So, y'all keep grasping at straws, erecting straw-men and dodging the issues. I'll keep laughing my ass off at you. :laugh2:

Laugh all you want. I'm not the one lying to myself... you are, and everybody else here knows it.

When it comes to hussein's preacher rev wright, he's a frothing at the mouth racist, and hussein has been listening to him for over twenty years. He's known the reverends racist rants will hurt his political ambitions and has been worrying about them for over a year. Now hussein says he disagrees with the racist rants of his reverend and the racist agenda of his church, but yet he STILL belongs to the church. Tells me he's in full agreement with all of the above, right up until he wants to be President, then all of a sudden he wants to pump sewer gas up everybody's pants and distance himself. Well I don't buy it. Not for a second. Most people don't buy it. They know a liar when they hear one.

Now what part about that needs more going over mister laughsalot? Answer, none of it. Get a clue you liberal farce of a pathetic ogre.

bullypulpit
03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Laugh all you want. I'm not the one lying to myself... you are, and everybody else here knows it.

When it comes to hussein's preacher rev wright, he's a frothing at the mouth racist, and hussein has been listening to him for over twenty years. He's known the reverends racist rants will hurt his political ambitions and has been worrying about them for over a year. Now hussein says he disagrees with the racist rants of his reverend and the racist agenda of his church, but yet he STILL belongs to the church. Tells me he's in full agreement with all of the above, right up until he wants to be President, then all of a sudden he wants to pump sewer gas up everybody's pants and distance himself. Well I don't buy it. Not for a second. Most people don't buy it. They know a liar when they hear one.

Now what part about that needs more going over mister laughsalot? Answer, none of it. Get a clue you liberal farce of a pathetic ogre.

Having reviewed the transcripts of Rev Wright's statements, I didn't see anything that could be contrived as overtly racist. Unless, of course, you count the part about American government being run by mostly rich, white men. That's not racist...that's a matter of fact.

SO what if Obama still belongs to the church. As long as he keeps his religion a private matter and doesn't go around claiming God told him to do this or that, as Chimpy McPresident has been wont to do, I could give a shit what church he belongs to.

The real racism is flowing from you and your fellow knuckle-draggers like the overflow from a backed up septic system. But you lack the courage of your convictions to actually say what you mean..."We won't tolerate a black man as president!" So, you engage in these sleazy back-door attacks, use guilt by association and every other under-handed tactic to try and hide your real agenda. But guess what...? You can't hide the corruption that's bubbling underneath your cheap facade.

Classact
03-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Having reviewed the transcripts of Rev Wright's statements, I didn't see anything that could be contrived as overtly racist. Unless, of course, you count the part about American government being run by mostly rich, white men. That's not racist...that's a matter of fact.

SO what if Obama still belongs to the church. As long as he keeps his religion a private matter and doesn't go around claiming God told him to do this or that, as Chimpy McPresident has been wont to do, I could give a shit what church he belongs to.

The real racism is flowing from you and your fellow knuckle-draggers like the overflow from a backed up septic system. But you lack the courage of your convictions to actually say what you mean..."We won't tolerate a black man as president!" So, you engage in these sleazy back-door attacks, use guilt by association and every other under-handed tactic to try and hide your real agenda. But guess what...? You can't hide the corruption that's bubbling underneath your cheap facade.According to the poll only 8% of Americans polled like Rev. Wright's message.... guess it is you that is in the 8% minority.

Dilloduck
03-18-2008, 08:05 AM

The real racism is flowing from you and your fellow knuckle-draggers like the overflow from a backed up septic system. But you lack the courage of your convictions to actually say what you mean..."We won't tolerate a black man as president!" So, you engage in these sleazy back-door attacks, use guilt by association and every other under-handed tactic to try and hide your real agenda. But guess what...? You can't hide the corruption that's bubbling underneath your cheap facade.

This has nothing to do with bigotry. It has everything do to with Obama's loyalties, courage and honesty. If he cannot soundly condemn ANYONE who says "God damn America", he's not worthy to be president. I don't care if his mother said it. Do you want a president who is ok with someone saying "God damn America" ?

theHawk
03-18-2008, 08:45 AM

You're so full of shit Bully. Most if not all conservatives here would be happy to vote for a black conservative. I'd take a President Alan Keyes over Obama in a heartbeat. Now thats a black man that always speaks the truth, no matter how much it hurts. Unfortunatly alot of people don't want to hear the ugly truth, so a man like Keyes gets pushed aside.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:04 AM
You're so full of shit Bully. Most if not all conservatives here would be happy to vote for a black conservative. I'd take a President Alan Keyes over Obama in a heartbeat. Now thats a black man that always speaks the truth, no matter how much it hurts. Unfortunatly alot of people don't want to hear the ugly truth, so a man like Keyes gets pushed aside.

I agree totally about electing a black conservative, but we are wasting our time talking about it to libs. In their world, blacks cannot be racist, conservatives are all racist, the facts and reality be damned along with the USA. It's gettin' ugly, and I fear for where this country is headed if we have this kind of thinking possibly at its helm. How ironic that the man who campaigns on unity and hope is responsible for the greatest racial divisiveness this country has seen in decades.

Everyone who ever fought and died for this great nation is turning in their grave at the words of Obama's most trusted mentor. God damn America indeed.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM

Not overtly racist??

The US of KKKA

White people invented AIDS to kill black people

Blacks who commit black on black violence are fighting the wrong enemy.

Gee I don't know, but that sure sounds like blatent racism to me.