PDA

View Full Version : how can he be in a church for 20 years and now denounce these types of comments?

actsnoblemartin
03-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I dont go to church, im a jew.. can someone tell me if it takes 13 years to find out if youre pastor hates another race, hates the country he lives in, hates jews, and then if it would take you 7 more years to denounce his comments about 9/11, if you were running for president

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pastor

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Friday denounced inflammatory remarks from his pastor, who has railed against the United States and accused its leaders of bringing on the Sept. 11 attacks by spreading terrorism.

As video of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has widely aired on television and the Internet, Obama responded by posting a blog about his relationship with Wright and his church, Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, on the Huffington Post.

Obama wrote that he's looked to Wright for spiritual advice, not political guidance, and he's been pained and angered to learn of some of his pastor's comments for which he had not been present. A campaign spokesman said later that Wright was no longer on Obama's African American Religious Leadership Committee, without elaborating.

chesswarsnow
03-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think they broke this story to soon.
2. Should of been released next October.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

theHawk
03-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I dont go to church, im a jew.. can someone tell me if it takes 13 years to find out if youre pastor hates another race, hates the country he lives in, hates jews, and then if it would take you 7 more years to denounce his comments about 9/11, if you were running for president

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pastor

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Friday denounced inflammatory remarks from his pastor, who has railed against the United States and accused its leaders of bringing on the Sept. 11 attacks by spreading terrorism.

As video of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has widely aired on television and the Internet, Obama responded by posting a blog about his relationship with Wright and his church, Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, on the Huffington Post.

Obama wrote that he's looked to Wright for spiritual advice, not political guidance, and he's been pained and angered to learn of some of his pastor's comments for which he had not been present. A campaign spokesman said later that Wright was no longer on Obama's African American Religious Leadership Committee, without elaborating.

Funny how the B.O. campaign is just now getting around to "denounce" some of the things this man said.

I guess that superior "judgement" of B.O.'s is really starting to pay off eh?:laugh2: