PDA

View Full Version : Who is Responsible for Fatherless Black Families?

Hugh Lincoln
03-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Not the KKK.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.com/authors/Woodson-Wright.html

April15
03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
The anti abortionists!

MtnBiker
03-16-2008, 05:15 PM
That's right, forget being a father to your child, kill him instead!

Abbey Marie
03-16-2008, 05:17 PM
That's right, forget being a father to your child, kill him instead!

And make the taxpayers pay for it. Wheeeeeee!

5stringJeff
03-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Black men? Just a guess.

Sitarro
03-16-2008, 09:26 PM
The anti abortionists!

Great job of putting responsibility on someone other than the people that are making the conscious decision to have sex with no birth control, no plan, no worry about consequences of actions..... just basic animal instinct. Then when the consequences hit them squarely in the face, the boys(these aren't the definition of anything close to a man)run. Kinda like Obamessiah's daddy did. Nothing much more evolved than rabbits and it isn't about race, there is this kind of shit head in all races, just a much higher percentage in the black race.

Kathianne
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I tend to agree with Daniel J. Moynihan, it was the government who gave welfare to women with children and no father. First it encouraged men to just 'pretend' they weren't there, then they became unnecessary. There was no incentive to support the family.

03-17-2008, 12:02 AM
the deadbeat dads who run from responsibility. the same ones responsible for the fatherless white, asian, and hispanic families

Kathianne
03-17-2008, 12:42 AM
I've just posted a blog entry that discusses this and some other things:

http://blog.debatepolicy.com/2008/03/17/good-intentions-gone-awry/

AFbombloader
03-17-2008, 02:00 AM
You can't forget the mothers in this! They are 50% responsible, along with the fathers.

AF:salute:

DragonStryk72
03-17-2008, 03:20 AM
You can't forget the mothers in this! They are 50% responsible, along with the fathers.

AF:salute:

the problem that I have with this is that it only looks at the racial aspect, it does not look at the financial aspects of it. Because there are so many blacks who live below the poverty line, and who live in innercity areas, their portion of the statistic is going to be much higher than others.

You also have to look at the culture that is being taught in those areas, where being a gangster is seen as a plus point, not a quick way to jail or an early grave. Until we find a way to break up the inner cities, the problem will likely get worse

Kathianne
03-17-2008, 03:31 AM
the problem that I have with this is that it only looks at the racial aspect, it does not look at the financial aspects of it. Because there are so many blacks who live below the poverty line, and who live in innercity areas, their portion of the statistic is going to be much higher than others.

You also have to look at the culture that is being taught in those areas, where being a gangster is seen as a plus point, not a quick way to jail or an early grave. Until we find a way to break up the inner cities, the problem will likely get worse

Yes and no. Since the demise of the black family, nearly concurrent with government programs to help single mothers, white teen mommas have jumped along with blacks. My guess are Hispanics have seen the same problem in US. The state in effect has made fathers irrelevant, at least to many teen girls, who don't know how to think things through.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2008, 11:52 AM

But nothing increases and perpetuates poverty like having a child out of wedlock, espeically if it is done at a young age. I believe the statistics for teenaged pregnancy and fatherless homes are much, much higher in the black community. If that is not true, I will stand corrected.

Trigg
03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
But nothing increases and perpetuates poverty like having a child out of wedlock, espeically if it is done at a young age. I believe the statistics for teenaged pregnancy and fatherless homes are much, much higher in the black community. If that is not true, I will stand corrected.

Black teens are over represented in their pregnancy rates, your correct about that.

Black women have the highest teen pregnancy rate (134 per 1,000 women aged 15-19), followed by Hispanics (131 per 1,000) and non-Hispanic whites (48 per 1,000).[27]

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_ATSRH.html

Pale Rider
03-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Black men? Just a guess.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.... we have a WINNER... give the man a cigar. :dance:

actsnoblemartin
03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
survey says

Black men? Just a guess.