PDA

View Full Version : no mulligan in florida

manu1959
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
just heard on the local news......dems have disenfranchised all of florida's dems.....

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
just heard on the local news......dems have disenfranchised all of florida's dems.....

Only for the primaries---so far ! :laugh2:

JohnDoe
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM

I suppose you say tomAtoe and I say tomatoe....

One could easily blame the Florida Legislature;s arrogance.... for intentionally moving their Primary up to before the Allowed dates by the Parties....saying the delegates did not matter because the Floridians would be Heard before the next state....yahdeedah.... they tried to one up other states in when they ran their primary and now they SCREWED themselves....could be said without blinking an eye too.... :)

Initially I thought the delegates should not count because that was changing the rules mid stream then I rethought and I think they should have counted the delegates from their first primary...the voters were informed to come out and vote, even without the delegates going to the conventions, and Florida had a record turn out of voters for this primary, so not having delegates count did NOT in any way, seem to curb or stop people from voting that day, in florida, in my opinion.

The Bad thing was not having all candidates on the ballot, but they were told to write in their candidates, and the Dems did........ giving 30% plus of the votes to Obama and another 14% or the floridian going to John Edwards and 40% or so to Clinton, I think? That seems about par with the way things were running that early on in the Primary....

Republican voters in florida have been disenfranchised also by losing 1/2 their delegates I guess too, huh?

Regardless, all citizens in both parties have lost their individual votes to delegate votes....we ALL are being disenfranchised just through the delegate voting system verses one man, one vote....or the vote of the people...the popular vote.

jd

manu1959
03-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I suppose you say tomAtoe and I say tomatoe....

One could easily blame the Florida Legislature;s arrogance.... for intentionally moving their Primary up to before the Allowed dates by the Parties....saying the delegates did not matter because the Floridians would be Heard before the next state....yahdeedah.... they tried to one up other states in when they ran their primary and now they SCREWED themselves....could be said without blinking an eye too.... :)

Initially I thought the delegates should not count because that was changing the rules mid stream then I rethought and I think they should have counted the delegates from their first primary...the voters were informed to come out and vote, even without the delegates going to the conventions, and Florida had a record turn out of voters for this primary, so not having delegates count did NOT in any way, seem to curb or stop people from voting that day, in florida, in my opinion.

The Bad thing was not having all candidates on the ballot, but they were told to write in their candidates, and the Dems did........ giving 30% plus of the votes to Obama and another 14% or the floridian going to John Edwards and 40% or so to Clinton, I think? That seems about par with the way things were running that early on in the Primary....

Republican voters in florida have been disenfranchised also by losing 1/2 their delegates I guess too, huh?

Regardless, all citizens in both parties have lost their individual votes to delegate votes....we ALL are being disenfranchised just through the delegate voting system verses one man, one vote....or the vote of the people...the popular vote.

jd

you are hanging out with TM too much....you kicked you own ass in that debate

JohnDoe
03-17-2008, 05:43 PM
you are hanging out with TM too much....you kicked you own ass in that debate
hahahahahaha! That's what I get for "thinking out loud" and typing it....the process does not always lead to coherent posts!!!! sorry.... lol

:laugh2::laugh2:

jd

manu1959
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
hahahahahaha! That's what I get for "thinking out loud" and typing it....the process does not always lead to coherent posts!!!! sorry.... lol

:laugh2::laugh2:

jd

i think stream of conciseness posts are very cool.....:salute:

Mr. P
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
i think stream of conciseness posts are very cool.....:salute:

Me too. It's the unconscious ones I roll my eyes at. :laugh2: