PDA

View Full Version : The McCain-Hagee Connection

FSUK
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM
More than a week after John McCain’s endorsement by the anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic pastor John Hagee, the media has not grilled McCain yet?.

Why is the press ignoring this connection?

stephanie
03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe someone better get in touch with them and let them know...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Muttley.gif

Kathianne
03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
More than a week after John McCain’s endorsement by the anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic pastor John Hagee, the media has not grilled McCain yet?.

Perhaps because it's just politics? The two would never get along. Hagee wanted to back a 'winner' and McCain needs every evangelical vote he can get. There's a world of difference between symbiosis and a 'mentor'.

CockySOB
03-17-2008, 08:12 PM

Perhaps because McCain isn't a member of Hagee's congregation or church?
Perhaps because McCain hasn't called Hagee a friend or mentor for the past 20+ years?
Perhaps because McCain hasn't had Hagee sitting as an advisor on his election campaign?
Perhaps because thinking people realize that the unsolicited endorsement from a third party is an entirely different situation than what we see with Obama and Wright.

Pull your head out and get some air, boy - the oxygen might save your last two braincells.

FSUK
03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Perhaps because McCain isn't a member of Hagee's congregation or church?
Perhaps because McCain hasn't called Hagee a friend or mentor for the past 20+ years?
Perhaps because thinking people realize that the unsolicited endorsement from a third party is an entirely different situation than what we see with Obama and Wright.

Pull your head out and get some air, boy - the oxygen might save your last two braincells.

Perhaps, its because your head is up McCAins ass.

CockySOB
03-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Perhaps, its because your head is up McCAins ass.

Bullshit. And you just showed how much of a non-thinking, partisan hack you are. The ONLY reason I might vote for McCain is because he is the lesser of the evils who may be on the ballot. Fred Thompson was my horse in the race, and when he dropped out, I had to seriously think about who I would support.

Put your big-boy underoos on and try again.

FSUK
03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Bullshit. And you just showed how much of a non-thinking, partisan hack you are. The ONLY reason I might vote for McCain is because he is the lesser of the evils who may be on the ballot. Fred Thompson was my horse in the race, and when he dropped out, I had to seriously think about who I would support.

Put your big-boy underoos on and try again.

Apologies.

CockySOB
03-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Apologies.

Accepted.

But you do see my point regarding McCain and Hagee, don't you? Think in terms of degrees of separation: Obama and Wright are directly connected while McCain and Hagee have no direct connection. Unless of course, you can document some direct, two-way connection between McCain and Hagee or the like?

theHawk
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM

Recieving an endorsement from someone is nowhere near the same as suscribing to an ideology for 20 years.

We've all seen the many videos of Obama's pastor and no one can deny that its filled with hateful rhetoric. Its very troubling to alot of Americans that a man so close to getting into the White House is apparently suscribing to this ideology. Add to the fact that his wife has already voice anti-American dissent with her infamous "for the first time in my adult life I am proud to be an American" speech, and it becomes more obvious that this family does buy into this pastor's beliefs about our country. Then to add to the debacle further, now Obama claims that he is appauled and shocked at these statements. Even though these videos have been out for months, Obama is just now getting around to denouncing them. That reeks of politics and everyone can see right through him, he is now pandering to keep the badly needed white vote.

theHawk
03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
By the way it also demonstrats Obama's severe lack of judgement when he chooses a man that hates 'white America' to be his mentor. Especially when that very same voter block makes up about 75% of the vote.

Classact
03-18-2008, 08:20 AM

Why is the press ignoring this connection?Maybe because of this

"Well, obviously I repudiate any comments that are anti-Semitic or anti-Catholic, racist, any other," McCain said. "And I condemn them and I condemn those words that Pastor Hagee apparently — that Pastor Hagee wrote. I will say that he said that his words were taken out of context, he defends his position. I hope that maybe you'd give him a chance to respond."

McCain also added a defense of Hagee: "I will say, I'd like to say on his behalf, he's been a very strong supporter of the state of Israel and when we were doing the No Surrender tour, he came and spoke on behalf of not surrendering in Iraq."
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/mccain_hagee_assured_us_his_wo.php

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 09:02 AM
I agree a "mentor" is different than seeking out a sign of support from Hagee and evangelicals that follow him...

However, it does show a lack of diligence on behalf of Mc Cain by Mc Cain's staff....before seeking out Hagee, Mc Cain should have known about the things that Hagee had said....it should have been researched before he accepted and sought out, the support of Hagee....

So, to me, neither obama or mccain showed good judgement....though both positions each took could be explained away by their sides...

Catholics are not gonna be too happy with the Hagee crap either....

krisy
03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree a "mentor" is different than seeking out a sign of support from Hagee and evangelicals that follow him...

However, it does show a lack of diligence on behalf of Mc Cain by Mc Cain's staff....before seeking out Hagee, Mc Cain should have known about the things that Hagee had said....it should have been researched before he accepted and sought out, the support of Hagee....

So, to me, neither obama or mccain showed good judgement....though both positions each took could be explained away by their sides...

Do we know that McCain sought this guy out? Just curious.

I was also wondering if anyone saw in the news this week that the Black Panthers endorsed Obama. Let's be fair to McCain. Maybe Obama doesn't agree with them either,and I could understand that. He hasn't been afiiliated with them for 20 years (at least I'm going to assume that).

If you cut him a break on that one,maybe people should do the same with McCain on Hagee,if he' s not his preacher and not a close affiliation.

CockySOB
03-22-2008, 10:26 AM

What part of the following statement is failing to register in your microscopic intellect?

McCain did NOT seek out Hagee. Hagee's endorsement was not solicited by the McCain camp in any way, shape or form.

Sheesh. How desperate are you lefties to try to cover Obama's boo-boo?

krisy
03-22-2008, 10:31 AM
What part of the following statement is failing to register in your microscopic intellect?

McCain did NOT seek out Hagee. Hagee's endorsement was not solicited by the McCain camp in any way, shape or form.

I'm glad you answered that because I thought it would be kind of strange for McCain to seek out this guy.

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM

Wrong, twice in a 24 hour period...don't get your panties in a bunch over it though! :slap:

John McCain most certainly sought out the support of the religious right, Dobson has continued to shun him, Falwell's son has spoken to him one on one but still has reservations on an endorsement, and Hagee, who has a huge following decided to endorse Mccain which was huge for Mccain, hoping to turn the tide with the other evangelicals....

McCain hired an advisor/organizer to do just that....SEEK OUT the endorsement of the religious right on his presidential team ....got hagee to introduce him in SC speaking to the conservatives there

He can't win the election without them, is the theory...

The articles I read about this were from February, BEFORE the rev wright incident....

jd

CockySOB
03-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Wrong, twice in a 24 hour period...don't get your panties in a bunch over it though! :slap:

John McCain most certainly sought out the support of the religious right, Dobson has continued to shun him, Falwell's son has spoken to him one on one but still has reservations on an endorsement, and Hagee, who has a huge following decided to endorse Mccain which was huge for Mccain, hoping to turn the tide with the other evangelicals....

McCain hired an advisor/organizer to do just that....SEEK OUT the endorsement of the religious right on his presidential team ....got hagee to introduce him in SC speaking to the conservatives there

He can't win the election without them, is the theory...

The articles I read about this were from February, BEFORE the rev wright incident....

jd

Unless you can show specifc, hard evidence that McCain sought Hagee's endorsement directly, your argument has no legs to stand on. Do some study on logical fallacy before wasting bandwidth again. Specifically, look into the issue of "post hoc ergo propter hoc."

Now go slinking back to one of your librull nests to lick your wounds and seek solace from those whose mental prowess is stretched to the maximum by simply tying their shoes.

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Unless you can show specifc, hard evidence that McCain sought Hagee's endorsement directly, your argument has no legs to stand on. Do some study on logical fallacy before wasting bandwidth again. Specifically, look into the issue of "post hoc ergo propter hoc."

Now go slinking back to one of your librull nests to lick your wounds and seek solace from those whose mental prowess is stretched to the maximum by simply tying their shoes.

Yes Sir, whatever you say boss, the licking has begun!!!!

I wait my days for you to give me your orders.... noting your machismo character!

As I have said before, I love your name, because it gives me the liberty to curse you without really cursing, which I normally deplore!

You sure are a Cocky SOB, and do your name justice!!!! hahahahahaha!!! :poke:

---------------------------------------

McCain has sought out the approval of the religious right conservatives to support him for President Cocky...McCain SAID he would do such in order to win the nomination and the Presidency and if you think that this only includes the Falwell and Robertson crowd you are mistaken. There are a slew of religious leaders that have a big influence over the Republican vote and Hagee is one of the critical ones, to get support from.

He hired a young man on his staff to do just that...help mccaqin to win over the religious right....You can bet your bottom dollar that hagee got the wooing as well as others....thus him being the one to introduce Mccain at a political rally in SC late last year.

I am not saying that McCain sought out Hagee because he knew Hagee bashed Catholics or because Hagee blamed the tragedies we have suffered as a country on our own gay and lesbian and sexual behavior support along with our country's support of abortion....

I don't think that McCain knew this...when he said he was honored to get Hagee's support the first time around...before he had to start back peddling when the hagee statements came out...

As I have mentioned, I believe that MCCain's staff did an injustice by not informing him of the complications of accepting hagee's support of him may bring regarding the somewhat hateful and controversial statements hagee has made....

And it was bad judgement on MCCain/the Mccain staff imo.

I am not an Obama follower.... you Cocky sob ( love the name, so perfect!)

So you can take your librull garbage and put it ....well, let's just say...where the sun don't shine, and come down to earth from the pedestal you've put yourself on and argue the arguments without all of this typical librull crap that spouts from your mouth when you have NOTHING to argue with...

Happy Easter!

jd

CockySOB
03-22-2008, 04:56 PM
And you persist with you logical fallacy - which for your uninformed self, means that your argument is shit. You can't produce ANY proof which supports your faulty assertion, so you then begin babbling incessantly to try to obscure the fact (and yes, moron, this IS a fact) that you are an imbecile.

I'd suggest seeking out your local community college or other educational opportunities and find a nice Logic 101 or perhaps Discrete Mathematics course and focus on understanding how well-formed arguments are defined and presented.

Or as I suspect, you will continue blathering without presenting anything of substance.

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 06:54 PM
And you persist with you logical fallacy - which for your uninformed self, means that your argument is shit. You can't produce ANY proof which supports your faulty assertion, so you then begin babbling incessantly to try to obscure the fact (and yes, moron, this IS a fact) that you are an imbecile.

I'd suggest seeking out your local community college or other educational opportunities and find a nice Logic 101 or perhaps Discrete Mathematics course and focus on understanding how well-formed arguments are defined and presented.

Or as I suspect, you will continue blathering without presenting anything of substance.

-your uninformed self
-your argument is shit
-your faulty assertion
-babbling incessantly
-yes, moron
-you are an imbecile

WOW!

Let me praise you on such a well informed, educated argument!!!! LOL

How about this:

Your maturity, intelligence, debating ability and deductive reasoning is astounding and something for me to look up to and model myself after...!!!

NOT!

:laugh2:

jd

Yurt
03-22-2008, 08:19 PM

and let us all take a trip back down memory lane.... the only reason obama's endorsement from faracistkan was because hillary called him on it during a debate. before that, the media had not picked up on much at all, so much so that hillary was able to back him in a corner on national tv over it and he still fumbled it.

CockySOB
03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
-your uninformed self
-your argument is shit
-your faulty assertion
-babbling incessantly
-yes, moron
-you are an imbecile

WOW!

Let me praise you on such a well informed, educated argument!!!! LOL

How about this:

Your maturity, intelligence, debating ability and deductive reasoning is astounding and something for me to look up to and model myself after...!!!

NOT!

:laugh2:

jd

I take it then you are unable to provide ANY substantive proof to support your assertions? And I also take it that you know full well that your assertions are untenable, so you resort to argument via personal attack.

Are you under the impression that in a debate the lower you go the better? That might be a winning strategy for a limbo competition, but it rapidly demonstrates to everyone what an inept twit you really are.