PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keyes leave Republican party

The Reverend
03-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Dr. Alan Keyes Leaving Republican Party

After 20 or so years of working within the GOP to try and reform it into a more Christian/conservative Party, Dr. Alan Keyes is leaving the Republican Party. He will soon make this announcement and explain why he can no longer, in good conscience, remain a Republican.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1985417/posts

5stringJeff
03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I believe he's joining the Constitution Party.

stephanie
03-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I heard this a few days ago..I haven't heard where he was going..

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I heard this a few days ago..I haven't heard where he was going..

If he is as sincere as I think he is, there is no party for him to go to. Hopefully more people will come to this realization.

stephanie
03-17-2008, 07:58 PM
If he is as sincere as I think he is, there is no party for him to go to. Hopefully more people will come to this realization.

I agree..I didn't leave the Republican party, it left me...

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree..I didn't leave the Republican party, it left me...

We don't have parties anymore--we have political advertising companies who can easily dupe partisan hacks who will sucker for anything.

DragonStryk72
03-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Seems alot of republicans are abandoning the party these days. Though Dillo makes a good point. It think that both the Dems and Reps who are leaving their parties are realizing that those parties are no longer supporter the ideals that they signed up for.

Most likely, within I'd say the next few years, I think that the two big parties are going to either dissolve entirely, or be stripped down severely, and be forced to start over again.

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Seems alot of republicans are abandoning the party these days. Though Dillo makes a good point. It think that both the Dems and Reps who are leaving their parties are realizing that those parties are no longer supporter the ideals that they signed up for.

Most likely, within I'd say the next few years, I think that the two big parties are going to either dissolve entirely, or be stripped down severely, and be forced to start over again.

I'm 56 years old. I had to read The Selling of the President as a freshman in college. Thanks to that prof for helping to enlighten me. This is the most petty and transparent presidential election that I have ever witnessed.

stephanie
03-17-2008, 08:14 PM
It seems to me...the two are practically merging..

It's hard to tell them apart, anymore.

Look at McCain for a good example..

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
It seems to me...the two are practically merging..

It's hard to tell them apart, anymore.

Look at McCain for a good example..

A person who honestly cared about America more than himself and could somehow get the media to promote him could take this election away from all of the current candidates in a heartbeat.

stephanie
03-17-2008, 08:43 PM
A person who honestly cared about America more than himself and could somehow get the media to promote him could take this election away from all of the current candidates in a heartbeat.

I wish..
I can't stand the three up there now..

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I wish..
I can't stand the three up there now..

Just a purely theoretical statement. We're a nation of owned people.

stephanie
03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Just a purely theoretical statement. We're a nation of owned people.

Fraid so..
I never thought I would see it happen in my lifetime..

OCA
03-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I believe he's joining the Constitution Party.

We will welcome him with open arms.

Changed my voter registration to Constitution a few weeks ago. Its the only conservative party out there.

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Changed my voter registration to Constitution a few weeks ago. Its the only conservative party out there.

Better hurry up with the campaigning--time's a ticking.

DragonStryk72
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM

I don't know, Wayne Root, one of the long-time Republicans of the GOP went over to libertarian. you might wanna check his link on sig line.

03-18-2008, 06:40 AM
I don't see a single party out there that reflects my views as a conservative. but this isnt about me. its about Alan Keyes. and honestly i dont care what he does.

5stringJeff
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

I don't know, Wayne Root, one of the long-time Republicans of the GOP went over to libertarian. you might wanna check his link on sig line.

Yeah, I'm going to register Libertarian whenever I get to my new residence. Freedom First!

Pale Rider
03-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm going to register Libertarian whenever I get to my new residence. Freedom First!

Libertarian, Constitution, or Independent for me. Republican is definitely done with.

I feel like Stephanie. I'm not leaving the republican party, it left me.

I don't mind Keyes. In fact, I'd vote for him over mccain, any day.

manu1959
03-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Libertarian, Constitution, or Independent for me. Republican is definitely done with.

I feel like Stephanie. I'm not leaving the republican party, it left me.

I don't mind Keyes. In fact, I'd vote for him over mccain, any day.

look who the cat dragged in........out mentoring your 18 year olde........:poke::laugh2: