PDA

View Full Version : Big money investors losing faith

gabosaurus
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
My husband has spent a good portion of the last couple of weeks talking to a lot of big money investors in Southern California. Many are lifelong Republicans who have not only voted GOP, but donated heavily.
This year, many have kept their money in their pocket. They blame the Bush administration for pushing the economy into the toilet and don't have faith in the ability of either party to rescue it. The main knock on the Bushies is their slow reaction to the current crisis and stopgap measures taken in response.
McCain's support of the Iraq war and his promises to extend and expand it frightens those who fear that it will result in a full blown recession.

To me, the frightening part is hearing this from rich people who normally support the GOP through thick and thin.

manu1959
03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
My husband has spent a good portion of the last couple of weeks talking to a lot of big money investors in Southern California. Many are lifelong Republicans who have not only voted GOP, but donated heavily.
This year, many have kept their money in their pocket. They blame the Bush administration for pushing the economy into the toilet and don't have faith in the ability of either party to rescue it. The main knock on the Bushies is their slow reaction to the current crisis and stopgap measures taken in response.
McCain's support of the Iraq war and his promises to extend and expand it frightens those who fear that it will result in a full blown recession.

To me, the frightening part is hearing this from rich people who normally support the GOP through thick and thin.

the rich people will need their money to give it to the poor when ohillary is elected

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
the rich people will need their money to give it to the poor when ohillary is elected

that or buy ammo to protect themselves. :laugh2:

manu1959
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
that or buy ammo to protect themselves. :laugh2:

they have people with ammo.....

Dilloduck
03-17-2008, 10:41 PM
they have people with ammo.....

I keep forgetting "people---people who have people --are the luc-----------------" :laugh2: