PDA

View Full Version : How many here will sit down and read the Obama speech?

Pages : 1 [2]

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Well it seems that not all dems were reduced to tears over the Obama speech, in fact some were left with questions. The same questions people here were bringing up.

Peter said he’s never voted for a Republican for president, but if Obama is the nominee, he will support Sen. John McCain.

“I would have a hard time if it is Clinton and McCain,” Peter said

Mitrea, the aesthetician on her cigarette break outside Beautyworx Salon and Day Spa in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia, said she watched the whole speech. And before the controversy over Wright’s sermons, Mitrea said she was 55 percent for Clinton, 45 percent for Obama.

“Now I am 100 percent for Clinton and zero percent for Obama,” Mitrea said.

As an immigrant who is now a citizen, Mitrea said she took offense to Wright’s comments that "God Bless America" should be “God Damn America.”

“I love America,” Mitrea said. “I thank God I am here. I live a free life.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9132_Page2.html

But, when the campaign between McCain and Obama gets going and the mudslinging really begins the party faithfuls from both sides will coagulate together and Peter and Mitrea will be right there with their parties. Count on it!

Immie

Trigg
03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
But, when the campaign between McCain and Obama gets going and the mudslinging really begins the party faithfuls from both sides will coagulate together and Peter and Mitrea will be right there with their parties. Count on it!

Immie

Maybe,

My goal in posting this was to point out to TM that not all dems were snowed by the speech given by Obama. Not all were reduced to tears by a speech given by a man who didn't distance himself enough from the racial rantings of his preacher.

This article shows that former Obama supporters have crossed over to Clinton.

Whether they stay home on election night or vote McCain given an Obama/McCain ticket remains to be seen.

03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I was hoping to free them inside of your head so they could rub together and get some unbiased thought going.

everyone has biases. it's naive to think that you can change that because youd have to change the personal experiences of everyone. You can't do that because you dont know what they've experienced. you dont know what they know.

And you dont know that they dont know better than you.

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe,

My goal in posting this was to point out to TM that not all dems were snowed by the speech given by Obama. Not all were reduced to tears by a speech given by a man who didn't distance himself enough from the racial rantings of his preacher.

This article shows that former Obama supporters have crossed over to Clinton.

Whether they stay home on election night or vote McCain given an Obama/McCain ticket remains to be seen.

I see, but I don't think they will be staying home. By the time November gets here, they will be solidly in Obama's camp... having claimed to have been in tears on March 18th and that Obama is the second coming of Christ. While at the same time, Republicans will be solidly behind John McCain, claiming Barack Obama the Devil incarnate and John McCain a patriotic American who single-handedly brought down the VC while incarcerated in a camp in North Viet Nam; when other POW's were bowing down to the VC, John McCain was being tortured nearly to death and he never once cracked.

And those of us who can swim will be swimming in BS.

Immie

hjmick
03-21-2008, 09:25 AM
But McCain did "crack," at least to some degree.

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 09:30 AM
But McCain did "crack," at least to some degree.

Well, the point is that the party faithfuls will be claiming he never cracked. They will have him portrayed as the man who brought down North Viet Nam single-handedly. It doesn't have to be true. It just has to make him sound like John Wayne. :D

Immie

hjmick
03-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, the point is that the party faithfuls will be claiming he never cracked. They will have him portrayed as the man who brought down North Viet Nam single-handedly. It doesn't have to be true. It just has to make him sound like John Wayne. :D

Immie

Which is really quite silly, but I get your point. Regardless of his acquiescence at the hands of his captors, what he endured is more than could be expected of any man or woman. While I may not agree with some of his policies or proposals, I do believe he is a man to be respected.

I would look for whoever his opponent is to drudge up the old allegations that he conspired with the North Vietnamese government after the war to block investigations into POWs left behind more than the issue of what he did after giving in to torture.

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Which is really quite silly, but I get your point. Regardless of his acquiescence at the hands of his captors, what he endured is more than could be expected of any man or woman. While I may not agree with some of his policies or proposals, I do believe he is a man to be respected.

I would look for whoever his opponent is to drudge up the old allegations that he conspired with the North Vietnamese government after the war to block investigations into POWs left behind more than the issue of what he did after giving in to torture.

I agree... he is to be respected for having offered his life for this country. I don't know that I could have endured what he went through. He has given more to this country than most of us could ever conceive of doing.

IF he "cracked" under the pressure in North Viet Nam, he would not lose my respect because of that. If you have not been in that position, you can't possibly know what it is like.

I don't like him. I won't vote for him. I don't like his political persuasions. But, the man HAS given more than I will ever be able to offer.

However, his opponents will do to him the same as was done to Kerry.

Immie

PostmodernProphet
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM

people found it credible about Kerry, due to his actions after he got out of the military......is the same true of McCain?.....it takes more than his opponents doing it, it takes people believing it.....

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 10:34 AM
people found it credible about Kerry, due to his actions after he got out of the military......is the same true of McCain?.....it takes more than his opponents doing it, it takes people believing it.....

Depends on the issue(s) they use. Look at the conservative treatment of McCain over the past several months. People like Pale Rider swore they would never vote for him... I'm standing by that oath, BTW, but now many of those same conservatives are pointing at Obama and saying, we can't have him.

When the campaign begins McCain's opponents will use whatever they can find to throw at him. Will it stick? I'm guessing some of it will.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this election is "politics as usual". It is way to early to say Obama is out of the running or that McCain will be the next President of the United States. Things are going to get nasty very soon. The man (or woman) that weathers the storm best will come out the winner.

Immie

PS hopefully that person won't come from one of the two major parties. :laugh2:

hjmick
03-21-2008, 10:34 AM

Time will tell. Unless something stunning occurs, however, we will have to wait until June to what tact his opponents take.

I agree... he is to be respected for having offered his life for this country. I don't know that I could have endured what he went through. He has given more to this country than most of us could ever conceive of doing.

IF he "cracked" under the pressure in North Viet Nam, he would not lose my respect because of that. If you have not been in that position, you can't possibly know what it is like.

I don't like him. I won't vote for him. I don't like his political persuasions. But, the man HAS given more than I will ever be able to offer.

Immie

I agree, Immie. Though I have yet to decide where my vote is going. November is a long way off.

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree, Immie. Though I have yet to decide where my vote is going. November is a long way off.

I have decided. It won't be for either one of the two major parties this time around. I could find something to like about either one of the two gentlemen running, :) yes, I am excluding the "lady", but I won't support either party because of the control they hold against this country.

The parties and their members, including the candidates, are more interested in the pretige and power of the office than they are the good of America. I'm not voting for either one of them this year. I don't care if McCain is the lesser of two evils, I'm not chosing the lesser of two evils. :p

Immie

hjmick
03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Nader for President!

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Nader for President!

Did he switch to the Libertarian or Constitution Party last night while I slept and disavow all his prior leanings? If not, then you're not likely to hear those words from me.

Maybe Ron Paul for President. I used to like Alan Keyes, but he seems to have gone batty lately. My mom wants us all to write in my brother's name, but to be honest... I love my brother and would not do that to him.

Immie

Kathianne
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4036/wrighthomeuk5.jpg

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/27/obamas-former-pastor-builds-a-multimillion-dollar-retirement-home/#comment-254991

By Jeff Goldblatt

This was supposed to be the week that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. returned to the pulpit to preach for the first time since his anti-American sermons generated nationwide outrage and drew condemnation from his longtime parishioner, Barack Obama.

But, citing security concerns, Wright canceled his speaking engagements in Florida and Texas. A spokeswoman at his former church in Chicago said his schedule is pending.

A two-week FOX News investigation, however, has uncovered where Wright will be spending a good deal of his time in retirement, and it is a far cry from the impoverished Chicago streets where the preacher led his ministry for 36 years.

FOX News has uncovered documents that indicate Wright is about to move to a 10,340-square-foot, four-bedroom home in suburban Chicago, currently under construction in a gated community.

While it is not uncommon for an accomplished clergyman to live in luxury, Wright’s retirement residence is raising some questions.

“Some people think deals like this are hypocritical. Jeremiah Wright himself criticizes people from the pulpit for middle classism, for too much materialism,” said Andrew Walsh, Associate Director of the Leonard E. Greenberg Center for the Study of Religion in Public Life with Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.

“So he’s entitled to be tweaked here. So the question really is, how unusual is this? Somewhat unusual,” he said.

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying. :finger3:we did he's a fucking Racist END OF STORY