PDA

View Full Version : How many here will sit down and read the Obama speech?

Pages : [1] 2

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I just read it and it brought me to tears.

read or listen please.

Classact
03-18-2008, 11:15 AM

read or listen please.Just watched it... sounded like a politician that got busted.:lame2: Here is a link for those interested. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=23690824&#23690824

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
If he was trying to distance himself from Pastor Wrong's racist and anti-American rantings, he did a very poor job of it.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 11:19 AM

read or listen please.

Cult followers are so easily moved.

hjmick
03-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Already did, read it before he gave it. Drudge had it posted in it's entirety prior to the delivery. Then I listend to live.

It didn't bring me to tears. I read it for what it was. Damage control coupled with an effort to take the focus off of his controversial spiritual advisor. Listening to it wasn't much different.

I wasn't impressed.

OBAMA SPEECH IN FULL: A MORE PERFECT UNION (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashos.htm)

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Can you give some commentary on whay you did not like about it?

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

In fact, a similar anger exists within segments of the white community. Most working- and middle-class white Americans don’t feel that they have been particularly privileged by their race. Their experience is the immigrant experience – as far as they’re concerned, no one’s handed them anything, they’ve built it from scratch. They’ve worked hard all their lives, many times only to see their jobs shipped overseas or their pension dumped after a lifetime of labor. They are anxious about their futures, and feel their dreams slipping away; in an era of stagnant wages and global competition, opportunity comes to be seen as a zero sum game, in which your dreams come at my expense. So when they are told to bus their children to a school across town; when they hear that an African American is getting an advantage in landing a good job or a spot in a good college because of an injustice that they themselves never committed; when they’re told that their fears about crime in urban neighborhoods are somehow prejudiced, resentment builds over time.

Classact
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe. The guy is a liar so you can't trust the statement boldened...

Before the speech he had a problem with his ministers hate speech. After the speech he has a problem with his ministers hate speech and even claims to be present during some of the disgusting ministers hate... he knows that there are more church DVDs waiting for the general election that show him present in the church with something possibly worse than has been shown so far.

Sitarro
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Who wrote it?

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 11:41 AM
The guy is a liar so you can't trust the statement boldened...

Before the speech he had a problem with his ministers hate speech. After the speech he has a problem with his ministers hate speech and even claims to be present during some of the disgusting ministers hate... he knows that there are more church DVDs waiting for the general election that show him present in the church with something possibly worse than has been shown so far.

On what basis do you deem him a liar?

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Obama spent a minute or two condemning Wright's racist and anti-American rants. If he had stopped there, it might have been ok. But he then spent the bulk of the speech justifying the rants, by trying to convince us that it is all so understandable given the realities of life in America for black people. In the end, he trashed a great opportunity to distance himself from Wright and assuage America's fears about his true agenda.

I think he made things even worse for himself today.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 11:48 AM

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

Do you think there is a difference between your grandma uttering a racial stereotype and a pastor saying whites developed AIDS to kill black folks????

How about uttering a statement saying blacks who commit crims against other blacks are fighting the wrong enemy?????????????? I see this statement as encouraging violence against whites.

Maybe it's just me, but I do see a difference.

Classact
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
On what basis do you deem him a liar?He knew the minister was rabid before he ran for office... he admitted that he has witnessed similar events that, may be on film to be shown in the future. He had Rev. Wright on his team until busted last week and then fired him. Why did he fire him from his team? Today he says he says, "I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community."... so if he feels this way why did he fire him from his team?

The speech is really great in words but was written to serve a purpose and the purpose was to separate him from the Reverends words... It didn't work no more than firing the Reverend from his team worked...

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Who wrote it?

OHHHH........OHHHHHH........I Know............It wasn't Obama!!!!!!!!!!!

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying.
Way to ignore triggs post #11. I think she brought some very pointed arguments to light yet YOU glazed right over them!!!!! How come?????

glockmail
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
One more liberal democrat trying to save his ass from reality.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying.You had hope for what? That we would all be a guilable as you!!! That we would actually believe HE wrote the speach?? That he wont say or do anything he needs to get elected. For Christ's sake woman he is a POLITICIAN who will say and do whatever he thinks will get him elected.

You were right on one part of yoru statement there. YOU are FOOLISH!!!!

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

We did listen to the entire speech, and commented very specifically on its content. You, on the other hand, just had a typical lib emotional response, and do not seem to have heard the actual words. I hope that you and other Americans will be able to wipe the glistening tears from your eyes and see reality, but I am not terribly hopeful.

I pray that we don't end up with a President who thinks it's understandable and right to feel violent anger towards white people, and damnation towards his own country! I pray that we don't have a President who takes regular advice from a man in a tin foil hat who says the white-run gov't purposely foisted HIV on blacks to exterminate them. I pray that we don't end up with a first lady who, until her husband was running for President, was ashamed of her country.

Monkeybone
03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Obama spent a minute or two condemning Wright's racist and anti-American rants. If he had stopped there, it might have been ok. But he then spent the bulk of the speech justifying the rants, by trying to convince us that it is all so understandable given the realities of life in Amercia for black people. In the end, he trashed a great opportunity to distance himself from Wright and assuage Amercia's fears about his true agenda.

that is how i kinda took it Abbey. at first i liked it...and then it just slipped into how it is really the whites fault that blacks or so angry. that is what i took from it.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

you are a joke.

Because we don't agree with you and can see through the crap, we must not have read or listened to his speech. Typical.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Do you think there is a difference between your grandma uttering a racial stereotype and a pastor saying whites developed AIDS to kill black folks????

How about uttering a statement saying blacks who commit crims against other blacks are fighting the wrong enemy?????????????? I see this statement as encouraging violence against whites.

He was saying he loved them both even though they are human beings with flaws like all human beings.

Yes they are not exactly the same but think for one moment you are a seven year old half black child and you overhear your beloved white Grandmother utter a racial slur. Do you really think that would even compare to being a 30 year old man and hearing your dear pastor who speaks 99% of the time of love and hope has made a sermon with some of these types of coments in them?

You can stick with Obama should spew hate for these people or you can realize people are imperfect and you dont throw them away on a scrap of their lives when they are reacting in a base manner.

I know this will mean nothing to you but I did have some hope.

I realize to some hope is a dirty word.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
that is how i kinda took it Abbey. at first i liked it...and then it just slipped into how it is really the whites fault that blacks or so angry. that is what i took from it.

Then you did not read the whole thing.

If this is what you came away with you could NOT have read the whole thing.

hjmick
03-18-2008, 12:06 PM

He's a politician running for office and his lips are moving.

I didn't like it for the reasons in my first post. It was damage control coupled with an effort to take the focus off of his controversial spiritual advisor. He refuses to distance himself from controversial figures for fear of losing the votes they can bring to his camp, pure and simple. His fear of offending anyone is offensive in itself. He campaigns with words like "change" and "hope," he talks of bringing the country together, yet he attends an ethnocentric church, which, until recently, proudly proclaimed this fact. He cherishes the relationship he has with a bigoted minister, yet claims his words of hate over twenty years have not influenced him, in fact, Obama claims to not agree with Wright's black supremacist attitudes. For twenty years Obama has listened to Wright spew hatred, yet still he refuses to "disown" the good reverend. Let me tell you, I have a cousin who is a bigot, I haven't talked to him in over twenty years for that one reason. I don't agree with his views. I walked away from family because he is a bigot. If your core beliefs are strong enough, you can walk away from those whose views you find offensive, even if they are family, close family. If you have enough integrity, it is really quite easy.

Obama's speech today was nothing more than empty lip service designed to deflect legitimate criticism about a man who has influenced and shaped his life for twenty years or so.

Hell, Geraldine Ferraro took a bigger hit than Wright did. What does that tell you?

Nukeman
He was saying he loved them both even though they are human beings with flaws like all human beings.

Yes they are not exactly the same but think for one moment you are a seven year old half black child and you overhear your beloved white Grandmother utter a racial slur. Do you really think that would even compare to being a 30 year old man and hearing your dear pastor who speaks 99% of the time of love and hope has made a sermon with some of these types of coments in them?

You can stick with Obama should spew hate for these people or you can realize people are imperfect and you dont throw them away on a scrap of their lives when they are reacting in a base manner.

I realize to some hope is a dirty word.The bolded part!!! can you prove your assumption or are you just talking out your ass. T

This man has been very confrontational EVERY time he has been in front of the camera. HE has never apologized for his remarks yet you expect all of us to give him a free pass due to your assumptions that 99% of the time he is OK. You are one hard headed imbecile I must say.....

Monkeybone

i did read the whole thing re re and probably more clearly than you since i didn't have tears in my eyes of white guilt. give me a break. he is just trying to get out this

i am part of the opinion that you want things to change? then stop spewing this sorta thing to your kids.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 12:08 PM

I realize to some hope is a dirty word.

He didn't say she uttered a racial slur, he said racial stereotype HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TM, take a deep breath.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???

Classact
03-18-2008, 12:09 PM

I realize to some hope is a dirty word.A old white woman walking down the street in Kansas thirty five years ago sees a black man passing and says (fill in the blank)... What do you think she said to Obama... that N probably want to meet your momma since I'm too old to have been the one to have you... get a grasp... he made the shit up as cover...

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
He's a politician running for office and his lips are moving.

I didn't like it for the reasons in my first post. It was damage control coupled with an effort to take the focus off of his controversial spiritual advisor. He refuses to distance himself from controversial figures for fear of losing the votes they can bring to his camp, pure and simple. His fear of offending anyone is offensive in itself. He campaigns with words like "change" and "hope," he talks of bringing the country together, yet he attends an ethnocentric church, which, until recently, proudly proclaimed this fact. He cherishes the relationship he has with a bigoted minister, yet claims his words of hate over twenty years have not influenced him, in fact, Obama claims to not agree with Wright's black supremacist attitudes. For twenty years Obama has listened to Wright spew hatred, yet still he refuses to "disown" the good reverend. Let me tell you, I have a cousin who is a bigot, I haven't talked to him in over twenty years for that one reason. I don't agree with his views. I walked away from family because he is a bigot. If your core beliefs are strong enough, you can walk away from those whose views you find offensive, even if they are family, close family. If you have enough integrity, it is really quite easy.

Obama's speech today was nothing more than empty lip service designed to deflect legitimate criticism about a man who has influenced and shaped his life for twenty years or so.

Hell, Geraldine Ferraro took a bigger hit than Wright did. What does that tell you?

Mick, he didn't even distance himself. He uttered a few words to do so, but by the end of the speech he re-connected himself with Wright and his sad and scary beliefs by justifying them.

One good thing came out of it: All of his justifying shows us with certainty that he has for 20 years attended a church, and sat at the feet of a man, that reflect his true feelings about his country, and about whites.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
He didn't say she uttered a racial slur, he said racial stereotype HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TM, take a deep breath.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???Wish I could rep you again!!!!!!

Dilloduck
03-18-2008, 12:12 PM

Don't be an idiot---even you can't prove that you read the whole thing.

Classact
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Grandma often said those black folk are know to carry knives and steal watermelons and corn... On the other hand Obama's Rev...

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 12:19 PM

TM, take a deep breath.

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???

but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

You refuse to approach his speech with any spirit of fairness.

Like I said I had hoped, it was silly of me to do so.

Fortunately I still believe in the vast majority of Americans who can step outside of their partys preconcieved hate of anything not republican.

This speech will go down in history for its beauty and call for Americans to unite together in a period of time where hate has ruled for nearly a decade.

hjmick
03-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Mick, he didn't even distance himself. He uttered a few words to do so, but by the end of the speech he re-connected himself with Wright and his sad and scary beliefs by justifying them.

One good thing came out of it: All of his justifying shows us with certainty that he has for 20 years attended a church, and sat at the feet of a man, that reflect his true feelings about his country, and about whites.

I always tell my kids, you are who you run with. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, but for those who don't truly know you, it is by your associations that you are known and judged.

glockmail
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
You gotta love this desparation from truthdoesnt matter: 'if you'd only read and understand our liberal propaganda, then you'd understand our propaganda'. :lol:

Classact
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

Fortunately I still believe in the vast majority of Americans who can step outside of their partys preconcieved hate of anything not republican.

This speech will go down in history for its beauty and call for Americans to unite together in a period of time where hate has ruled for nearly a decade. What the hell does that mean?

Monkeybone
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
whoa....whoa....whoa....hold on...is TM black? cuz then this would make a whole lot more sense.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 12:29 PM

This speech will go down in history for its beauty and call for Americans to unite together in a period of time where hate has ruled for nearly a decade.

Dipshit, go read your previous post. Your said slur the first time I pointed out it was a stereotype.

Your a good one to post about preconcieved hated of anytype. You who have never admitted to wrong doing in the dem party. You who said the republicans must have fixed an election simply because the maker of the machines was a republican.

I've voted dem, I've said this many times. I don't vote party line and I think people who do so aren't looking at the issues. Can you say the same?? Have you ever in your life voted for a republican???

This speach isn't beautiful. It's a deflection with excuses made for why he didn't leave the church. You also still didn't answer my questions, feel free to read the post again.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Here Monkey, I pulled this quote FROM THE SPEACH so that TM might have a fucking clue as to what your saying.

Understanding this reality requires a reminder of how we arrived at this point. As William Faulkner once wrote, “The past isn’t dead and buried. In fact, it isn’t even past.” We do not need to recite here the history of racial injustice in this country. But we do need to remind ourselves that so many of the disparities that exist in the African-American community today can be directly traced to inequalities passed on from an earlier generation that suffered under the brutal legacy of slavery and Jim Crow.

Segregated schools were, and are, inferior schools; we still haven’t fixed them, fifty years after Brown v. Board of Education, and the inferior education they provided, then and now, helps explain the pervasive achievement gap between today’s black and white students.

Legalized discrimination - where blacks were prevented, often through violence, from owning property, or loans were not granted to African-American business owners, or black homeowners could not access FHA mortgages, or blacks were excluded from unions, or the police force, or fire departments – meant that black families could not amass any meaningful wealth to bequeath to future generations. That history helps explain the wealth and income gap between black and white, and the concentrated pockets of poverty that persists in so many of today’s urban and rural

PostmodernProphet
03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I would say it was a pretty good speech, considering the audience it was intended for.....it wasn't directed at conservatives, it was directed at any liberals who had considered switching to Hillary following the uproar over his preacher.....in that light, I would say it was perfectly crafted to ease their worries.....it isn't going to make me switch from McCain to Obama, but I would say it will satisfy the typical liberal listener.....

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
You will see nothing any one from the "other side" say as anything but propagnda.

To some of you were are only here to be despised and distrusted.

We cant possiblely be seen as fellow Americans who happen to disagree with some of your political views. We can never come together under any circumstances.

I though maybe we could, I was wrong.

There are some who can only see the world in terms of us and them. When someone tries to entreat you to join together in efforts that would benifit all you shirk away and say they are lying and evil.

Heres the really sad part. The rest of America will go on without you then. You will still benifit from the good deeds it creates but you will stand and call them evil too.

You will be a stranger in a strange land in your own home country. When that time comes just remember we dont hate you even while you bask in hate for the rest of us.

Classact
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely – just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.This is cover because he fears that there is a video that shows him slapping the reverend on the back following one of his remarks... He desires to equate his reverends hate to something your reverend has said without knowing your reverend... that's a stretch!

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
You will see nothing any one from the "other side" say as anything but propagnda.

We cant possiblely be seen as fellow Americans who happen to disagree with some of your political views. We can never come together under any circumstances.

There are some who can only see the world in terms of us and them. When someone tries to entreat you to join together in efforts that would benifit all you shirk away and say they are lying and evil.

Heres the really sad part. The rest of America will go on without you then. You will still benifit from the good deeds it creates but you will stand and call them evil too.

You will be a stranger in a strange land in your own home country. When that time comes just remember we dont hate you even while you bask in hate for the rest of us.So what your saying is as long as we agree WITH YOU than everything in the world will be right. IF we DON"T agree with you than we are evil, hate filled and lying!!! I get it now!!! thanks for opening my eyes to the truth..... If only we could all think just like you than the world would be perfect!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I would say it was a pretty good speech, considering the audience it was intended for.....it wasn't directed at conservatives, it was directed at any liberals who had considered switching to Hillary following the uproar over his preacher.....in that light, I would say it was perfectly crafted to ease their worries.....it isn't going to make me switch from McCain to Obama, but I would say it will satisfy the typical liberal listener.....

PMP, he could have recited the menu from McDonalds, and it would have satisfied the typical liberal listener. I think he would have been smart to try to gain the votes of more moderate/swing folks by easing their worries, but I doubt that he accomplished that.

Btw, are you saying that justifying the preacher's commments is what libs wanted to hear? Which worries were being eased?

Trigg
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Pot meet Kettle

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Wow, that sounds exactly like what Rev. Wrong was doing.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
in what way?

You will benifit from the good that comes when most of theis country comes together for all of our benifits.

I still have no doubt you will call all the good evil.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 12:55 PM
in what way?

You will benifit from the good that comes when most of theis country comes together for all of our benifits.

I still have no doubt you will call all the good evil.I'm still waiting on you to answer Trigg in post 37!!!!!!!

stephanie
03-18-2008, 12:56 PM
If I wanted to be preached at..............I'd go to church.

I Especially.........don't want to be preached at by my President...

No thanks...

:puke3:

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Dipshit, go read your previous post. Your said slur the first time I pointed out it was a stereotype.

Your a good one to post about preconcieved hated of anytype. You who have never admitted to wrong doing in the dem party. You who said the republicans must have fixed an election simply because the maker of the machines was a republican.

I've voted dem, I've said this many times. I don't vote party line and I think people who do so aren't looking at the issues. Can you say the same?? Have you ever in your life voted for a republican???

This speach isn't beautiful. It's a deflection with excuses made for why he didn't leave the church. You also still didn't answer my questions, feel free to read the post again.

If you cannot see the beauty of this speech you dont want the American people to come together.

I have posted Dem wrong doing myself on this site.

I have never voted for a republican because the ones who I had an option for were sugesting the wrong solutions to our problems. I dont thin you have ever voted dem since you have had your current mind frame. If you could consider anything from a dem you would see that this speech even spoke to republicans and invited them in. The fact that you refuse to believe that there is even a chance that Obama is being a decent person here is proof you will not join me and the vast majority of Americans who will take him up on the offer and join togerher. I have republican friends who are voting for Obama. Ones who I have know far longer than I have known you. They see the Hope and the arms outstreched acrossed the asile that you are too jaded to see.

Come join us at any time you can see it. We will welcome the help in truely rebuilding America.

hjmick
03-18-2008, 01:11 PM

You will be a stranger in a strange land in your own home country. When that time comes just remember we dont hate you even while you bask in hate for the rest of us.

Perhaps you should step back and take off those Code Pink tinted glasses you are wearing, TM, because this statement is really quite silly. We will be no more strangers in this country than you are now and have been for the last seven years. And if you feel yourself a stranger, then it is of your own doing. It is dissent and the diversity of thought that contributes to the greatness of this country, not the like mindedness of the populace marching in lockstep. Without the varying beliefs and willingness to defend them, nothing is learned and nothing can change. It is the very essence of this country that we should disagree. It is part of the foundation upon which we continue to build this country.

A stranger in my own country? Never. I will support President Clinton, I will support President Obama, I will support President McCain. I will support whoever wins this election because they are my President. I will support them as I supported President Bush. I will support them as I supported President Clinton. I will support them as I have supported each President since I became politically aware. If I disagree with some or all of their policies, I will make my voice heard as I have in the past. These things will not change because I will not let them. This is my country regardless of who sits in the Oval Office and I will not let my differing views effect this truth.

No, TM, it is you who seems to be a stranger in this country.

You ask for opinions then condemn all those that are not to your liking. You consider them ignorant. Ill informed. Wrong. All because they are not shared by you and your sensibilities. I for one consider everyone within these boarders as Americans, regardless of their beliefs. I respect their beliefs though they may differ from mine. Of all the people I have met, of all the message boards I have joined, of all the blogs I have read, it is consistently people who hold a liberal slant who are intolerant of other people's views and opinions. Especially when they are of a conservative nature. I have no idea why this seems to be the case, though I do believe it stems from a long held hatred for our current President and the festering disappointment of two elections lost to someone they consider ignorant. Ill informed. Wrong.

No, TM, the only way one can become a stranger in their own country is to do it themselves. To allow it to happen. To stagnate.

stephanie
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Perhaps you should step back and take off those Code Pink tinted glasses you are wearing, TM, because this statement is really quite silly. We will be no more strangers in this country than you are now and have been for the last seven years. And if you feel yourself a stranger, then it is of your own doing. It is dissent and the diversity of thought that contributes to the greatness of this country, not the like mindedness of the populace marching in lockstep. Without the varying beliefs and willingness to defend them, nothing is learned and nothing can change. It is the very essence of this country that we should disagree. It is part of the foundation upon which we continue to build this country.

A stranger in my own country? Never. I will support President Clinton, I will support President Obama, I will support President McCain. I will support whoever wins this election because they are my President. I will support them as I supported President Bush. I will support them as I supported President Clinton. I will support them as I have supported each President since I became politically aware. If I disagree with some or all of their policies, I will make my voice heard as I have in the past. These things will not change because I will not let them. This is my country regardless of who sits in the Oval Office and I will not let my differing views effect this truth.

No, TM, it is you who seems to be a stranger in this country.

You ask for opinions then condemn all those that are not to your liking. You consider them ignorant. Ill informed. Wrong. All because they are not shared by you and your sensibilities. I for one consider everyone within these boarders as Americans, regardless of their beliefs. I respect their beliefs though they may differ from mine. Of all the people I have met, of all the message boards I have joined, of all the blogs I have read, it is consistently people who hold a liberal slant who are intolerant of other people's views and opinions. Especially when they are of a conservative nature. I have no idea why this seems to be the case, though I do believe it stems from a long held hatred for our current President and the festering disappointment of two elections lost to someone they consider ignorant. Ill informed. Wrong.

No, TM, the only way one can become a stranger in their own country is to do it themselves. To allow it to happen. To stagnate.

:clap:

theHawk
03-18-2008, 01:16 PM

read or listen please.

I listened to it. This shitbag has the audacity to suggest that many of us have also sat through speeches that our pastors/priest have given that we "strongly disagreed with".
No Barack, most of us don't go listen to an America hating racist shitbag every Sunday, so speak for yourself and don't try to put yourself in the same boat as the rest of America. And by the way nice going trashing your own grandmother as a racist.

I can understand liberals would be crying after this. Its apparent their frontrunner has no chance whatsoever of winning the all important white vote in November.

Nukeman
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey TM go over to DemUndergound.... They are all just gushing over Obama's speach. Go over there and have your little love fest for him. They all have tears in their little eye's as well.

For all the love they have for him they sure don't express to anyone that says the speach wasn't that good or that it was just politicle speak and thats it.... So for all your vaunted peace and love message the folks over at DU don't get it either.

I am confused by their behavior though, since they are like minded as you so shouldn't they all be singing, Kumbya..... My Lord.......Kumbya Where is all their love for their fellow man who happen to disagree with them!!!!!!

SO QUIT THROWING STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I know more Republicans and independents supporting Obama than I have ever known supporting a democratic contender.

I dont expect most of you here to believe this but it does not make it less true.

MtnBiker
03-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Well if he cringed at his grandmother's uttering racial or ethinic stereotypes then he should have gone into uncontrollable convulsions at Rev Wright's pronounced passionate hate speech.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 02:07 PM
No its because he sees people as the sum total of their deeds.

You see his grandmother and the reverand white have not always been right but the sum total of their lives has been very positive.

theHawk
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM

You see his grandmother and the reverand white have not always been right but the sum total of their lives has been very positive.

Feel the same way about KKK leaders and the like?

Amazing how liberals are now defending blatant racists.

MtnBiker
03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
His standard for his own grandmother was to cringe at something she said, his stardard should be the same for Rev Wright, or perhaps he does not believe in equality.

stephanie
03-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Someone said the title of this speech should of been..

Throw my white grandma under the train..:coffee:

Immanuel
03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I pray that we don't end up with a President who thinks it's understandable and right to feel violent anger towards white people, and damnation towards his own country!

I took his speach to say something completely different. I don't think he excused Mr. (I still refuse to refer to him as Rev) Wright's sermons. I think he explained where they are coming from. It is difficult for us to see the other side at times. I can't live life as a black American. I don't have a clue as to what it is like to have been raised in the times of segregation especially as a black child.

Obama never said that Mr. Wright's sermons were "right" as you put it. In fact, he disavowed them.

I don't like what Mr. Wright had to say. In fact, I was furious when I heard the tape. I can't imagine being a white man and sitting through 5 minutes of one of his sermons, but, then maybe... just maybe, I don't know the man.

I can only take Obama's word for it quoted below:

But the truth is, that isn’t all that I know of the man. The man I met more than twenty years ago is a man who helped introduce me to my Christian faith, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to love one another; to care for the sick and lift up the poor. He is a man who served his country as a U.S. Marine; who has studied and lectured at some of the finest universities and seminaries in the country, and who for over thirty years led a church that serves the community by doing God’s work here on Earth – by housing the homeless, ministering to the needy, providing day care services and scholarships and prison ministries, and reaching out to those suffering from HIV/AIDS.

I can only realize that the soundbites I have heard of Mr. Wrights sermons are only that soundbites and I don't really know anything about the man. The media shows the worst of Christianity. What I don't know may make all the difference in the world.

I pray that we don't have a President who takes regular advice from a man in a tin foil hat who says the white-run gov't purposely foisted HIV on blacks to exterminate them. I pray that we don't end up with a first lady who, until her husband was running for President, was ashamed of her country.

I pray the same thing. I am concerned about Obama's judgment in chosing a mentor like Mr. Wright. I do not believe that Obama didn't know about this from before. For Obama to disavow Mr. Wright now is too late.

Only time will tell as to what kind of a person the next President of the United States will be. I'm sure that all three of the front-runners will have their good points and their bad.

I'm praying the good will far outweigh the bad.

Immie

The Reverend
03-18-2008, 02:17 PM

DEMOCRAT

Trigg
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I have never voted for a republican because the ones who I had an option for were sugesting the wrong solutions to our problems. I dont thin you have ever voted dem since you have had your current mind frame. If you could consider anything from a dem you would see that this speech even spoke to republicans and invited them in. The fact that you refuse to believe that there is even a chance that Obama is being a decent person here is proof you will not join me and the vast majority of Americans who will take him up on the offer and join togerher. I have republican friends who are voting for Obama. Ones who I have know far longer than I have known you. They see the Hope and the arms outstreched acrossed the asile that you are too jaded to see.

Come join us at any time you can see it. We will welcome the help in truely rebuilding America.

You accuse others of not stepping out of their party, then you sit here and admit to NEVER EVER voting republican. You are just typical. We should think for ourselves and vote for whos right, you on the other hand are always right and always vote dem.

The second bolded part shows emphatically that you don't know me. I voted dem in the last election held in my state. Stick that up your pipe TM. I vote on issues, you can't say the same, having never voted out of your party. Who's the sheep now??

Is he a decent guy? Before this I would have said yes. He's not who I would vote for because I disagree with him and his issues. He's a motivational speaker with nothing to back him up though IMO.

NOW however I see a man who sat in a pew for 20 years listening to the racist rantings of a diversive white and American hating individual. A man who put a racist on his action committee. That is who I see now.

Sitarro
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM

So we finally find out how liberals justify their love and support for Robert "KKK'' Byrd.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 02:41 PM
You accuse others of not stepping out of their party, then you sit here and admit to NEVER EVER voting republican. You are just typical. We should think for ourselves and vote for whos right, you on the other hand are always right and always vote dem.

The second bolded part shows emphatically that you don't know me. I voted dem in the last election held in my state. Stick that up your pipe TM. I vote on issues, you can't say the same, having never voted out of your party. Who's the sheep now??

Is he a decent guy? Before this I would have said yes. He's not who I would vote for because I disagree with him and his issues. He's a motivational speaker with nothing to back him up though IMO.

NOW however I see a man who sat in a pew for 20 years listening to the racist rantings of a diversive white and American hating individual. A man who put a racist on his action committee. That is who I see now.

What was the name of the person who you voted for?

I did not say I ever voted repubilcan. I have never had a republican on my ticket that wanted to head in the right direction.

Im glad you found a dem who you thought would.

I vote for what I believe is best for the post.

It is not my fault I have never had a decent R to vote for.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
So we finally find out how liberals justify their love and support for Robert "KKK'' Byrd.

You are very unforgiving. He long ago denouced the KKK.

Tell me do you feel the same about Bill Orilely who pressured an employee for sex?

Do you feel the same about Strom Thurman?

Immanuel

I did not say I ever voted repubilcan. I have never had a republican on my ticket that wanted to head in the right direction.

That makes absolutely no sense.

I would assume by this bolded statement that, in fact, you have NEVER voted for a Republican. In fact, I believe you have made that statement many times in the past.

So, have you voted for a Republican or not? If so, please, name him or her.

Immie

Yurt

:lol:

so tell me, what did he mean when he said "untrained ear"

why are black colleges ok, but white colleges were be called segregated?

Trigg
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM

You said you never voted republican, yet you challenge us to vote dem. I am saying you are a sheep. I am saying you vote party line.

There are many decent republicans to vote for, if you're not a sheep.

I am not going to list her name, it was a local mayoral election and she did not win. I have also voted dem for gov. I routinely vote either party for sheriff or school board to name a few. You have never found a republican sheriff you could vote for either? Let me guess they promised to give only republicans a break on their speeding tickets???????

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
That makes absolutely no sense.

I would assume by this bolded statement that, in fact, you have NEVER voted for a Republican. In fact, I believe you have made that statement many times in the past.

So, have you voted for a Republican or not? If so, please, name him or her.

Immie

Immie I dont remember voting for one. I dont remember saying I did. If I did it may have been one that I can not name because it was so long ago. For president no, for house or senate no.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Immie I dont remember voting for one. I dont remember saying I did. If I did it may have been one that I can not name because it was so long ago. For president no, for house or senate no.

Immanuel
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM

Then why on earth would you call Trigg out for not having voted for people that she does not agree with? Sorry, but that is hypocritical.

Immie

Trigg
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Then why on earth would you call Trigg out for not having voted for people that she does not agree with? Sorry, but that is hypocritical.

Immie

Her goal was to say I have a hatred for dems. and I'm narrow minded.She lost though since I have voted dem in the past.

She however is a sheep and votes party line.

manu1959
03-18-2008, 03:05 PM
obama could have promised coke in the drinking fountains and shot reverned wright......

i still am not voting for him.....

there is not one single political issue he believes in that i believe in .... and he has zero executive leadership skills ..... he speaks well .... that is it ....

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:06 PM

This is what I said.

I did not even ask people to vote for him but just to listen to him without assuming he was lying about everything he said.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:07 PM
This is what I said.

I did not even ask people to vote for him but just to listen to him without assuming he was lying about everything he said.

gabosaurus
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I heard it live. Obama is a very eloquent speaker. Unlike Hillary and McCain.

manu1959
03-18-2008, 03:11 PM
This is what I said.

you are assuming every thing he is saying is true.....is it impossible that he was lying......

you assume everything republicans say are lies......why is so impossible for him to lie.....

seems to me obama has had many racist people influence his views on life.....

hjmick
03-18-2008, 03:11 PM

And you attempt to demean and shame others to your point of view? To support your candidate? Yet you freely admit to never having voted for a member of the opposing party. Hypocrite. I can at least say that I have, on numerous occasions, voted outside my party affiliation. For Democrats, Libertarians, even the Green Party on occasion. Generally, as I recall, these choices have been on the state and senatorial level, but I have never ruled out casting a similar vote in a Presidential race. Even this year I am as yet uncommitted and I proceed with an open mind.

I certainly hope that it is not a glass house in which you live, Truth.

gabosaurus
03-18-2008, 03:12 PM
You don't think Hillary and McCain grew up without racial influences?

Trigg
03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
This is what I said.

what exactly do you call this??? This is a challenge for us to vote Obama admit it.

manu1959
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
You don't think Hillary and McCain grew up without racial influences?

not the ones he grew up with......in any event does this comparison somehow justify his choice of mentors and pastors......

obma picked his pastor and mentor and brought up the fact that his grandmother was a racist / bigot ..... how does that have anything to do with hillary or mccain ....

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM

They are full of dancing, clapping, screaming and shouting that may seem jarring to the untrained ear.

I dont see any great mystery about what he meant.

Are there all white colleges?

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Its very clear what I meant.

He entreated all Americans to join him and you immediately said he was not telling the truth.

Where in that sentance did I say you sould vote for him?

theHawk
03-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I heard it live. Obama is a very eloquent speaker. Unlike Hillary and McCain.

Yea, great speech. We can't blame him or any other racist black because of the "oringial sin" of America of allowing slavery when the Consitution was written. But all us whites can be forgiven of our original sin by giving the poor blacks and hispanics healthcare at our expense. Yup, he does have a way with words.

Trigg
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM

No that would be racist.

HWUC- that would be racist

however

HBUC-not racist

for you I will explain the abbre. Historically black University/College

Trigg
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM

He entreated all Americans to join him and you immediately said he was not telling the truth.

You challenged us to vote Obama that is very clear.

Yet you admit to never voting outside your party, not even for local elections for sheriff or school board. You are a sheep.

theHawk
not the ones he grew up with......in any event does this comparison somehow justify his choice of mentors and pastors......

obma picked his pastor and mentor and brought up the fact that his grandmother was a racist / bigot ..... how does that have anything to do with hillary or mccain ....

Don't you know? You can justify bad behavior by pointing out someone else's bad behavior. Taking responsiblity for your own actions has no place in Liberal-Land.

gabosaurus
There are very few colleges that are "all black" or "all white."
A girl I went to high school with attended a predominantly black college. The school offered her a nursing scholarship and she took it.
Last time I heard, she made it through the five-year program without a hitch.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
You challenged us to vote Obama that is very clear.

Yet you admit to never voting outside your party, not even for local elections for sheriff or school board. You are a sheep.

GO LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLE!

I never once in this thread told you to vote for him I asked you to listen.

Most here immediately said he was a phoney.

theHawk
03-18-2008, 03:25 PM

McCain has asked people to join him in bringing in a better America, why haven't you joined him?

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:26 PM
They are full of dancing, clapping, screaming and shouting that may seem jarring to the untrained ear.

I dont see any great mystery about what he meant.

what is an untrained ear? he was talking about his black church... who has an untrained ear?

is there a united negro college fund that gives to 39 member colleges that are "historically" black colleges? isn't that segregation?

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:27 PM

so if i don't join his camp......what group do i fit into?

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM
You could at least listen to him without insisting hes just a liar instead of believing the good things he says in this speech are only from his heart and that he means all of it.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Lordy, for the umpteenth time, we did listen to him, and we think he's tap dancing and prevaricating to stay in the race. Is that clear enough for you?

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:32 PM
You could at least listen to him without insisting hes just a liar instead of believing the good things he says in this speech are only from his heart and that he means all of it.

kindly answer my two questions

stephanie
03-18-2008, 03:33 PM
I heard and seen enough about the Obambam, that I could care if I ever see him again...And that goes for his wifey also:cheers2:...

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
what is an untrained ear? he was talking about his black church... who has an untrained ear?

is there a united negro college fund that gives to 39 member colleges that are "historically" black colleges? isn't that segregation?

The untrained ear is simply people who have never been to a firey church before.

You can give college money to pretty much any dam person you want to.

One eyed kasoo players with stinky feet and fauxhawks.

Are you not aware that people do this all the time and its their money to give to whom ever they want to?

theHawk
03-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Obama is indeed lying about the fact that he was "shocked" by some of the things Dr. Wright had said.

“If all I knew were those statements I saw on television, I would be shocked,” Obama said.http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/533132.html
If he sat in this man's church for twenty years then he did hear these things probably several times. In fact in todays speech Obama did say that he did hear "controvesial" statements.

Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely – just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed. http://www.drudgereport.com/flashos.htm

So how is it that he could be shocked by such contraversial statements a few days ago. Yet today he says he's heard them on several occasions.

Hmm, he couldn't be LYING could he? To cover his ass politically? A politcian would NEVER do that would he? LOL.

Obama just proved himself to be a lying by his own quotes over the past few days. The two statements completely contradict each other. Those are the facts. Thats the truth.

But then again, the truth really doesn't matter for the O-"bah-bah"-ma sheep, does it?

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/barack-obama-at-la-raza-convention-in-miami-fl-07-22-07/737349854

This is video of Obama in FL on July 22th 2007 which is the date of one of the most controversial speaches.

He has been campaigning for a while now and has not been to church every sunday fella.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Oooooo from is heart? BS! He's a liar and yer a sucker! A dumb one at that.

Check out his hypocrisy and one of his lies. It's big considering the jest of his speech today.

In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for the firing of talk radio host Don Imus. Obama said he would never again appear on Imus' show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Tell me TM, is Wright still a member of Bammas campaign?
Imus didn't come close to what Wright said!

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3031317&page=1

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
No he is NOT a member of Obamas campaign.

Imus called bright young women who were excellent athletes and top of their class nappy heaed whores because they were playing basket ball.

Why can you not understand just how bad that remark was?

He called young women doing the kinds of things we want kids of any color to be doing Whores.

They did nothing to him and he annouces on the airwaves that they are Whores!

It just kills me how your type cant see just how bad that one is.

03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hopes you would listen to what he was actually saying.

But that would imply that truth mattered to you.

I like the others am not impressed.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
No he is NOT a member of Obamas campaign.

Imus called bright young women who were excellent athletes and top of their class nappy heaed whores because they were playing basket ball.

Why can you not understand just how bad that remark was?

He called young women doing the kinds of things we want kids of any color to be doing Whores.

They did nothing to him and he annouces on the airwaves that they are Whores!

It just kills me how your type cant see just how bad that one is.

What Imus said is not the issue, What Obama said is. What did Wright say? Has Obama condemned him for it? No, not really, today he justified what Wright has said. That's hypocritical and makes him a liar. The last I heard Wright WAS a campaign consultant, which makes him part of the campaign in my book.

It just kills me how your type cant see past the smoke of a smooth talkin politician.

theHawk
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/barack-obama-at-la-raza-convention-in-miami-fl-07-22-07/737349854

This is video of Obama in FL on July 22th 2007 which is the date of one of the most controversial speaches.

He has been campaigning for a while now and has not been to church every sunday fella.

LOL, oh I see. So his preacher didn't turn into a hatemongerig racist until after Obama was busy campaigning for his Presidency!! And also Obama had no idea Dr. Wright was making these statements, even though they've been on youtube for months. So Barack isn't a racist like his pastor, he's just an idiot who doesn't know whats going on.

TM, you're so full of shit I suggest you get the follow service for yourself - www.speedyseptic.org

03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
What Imus said is not the issue, What Obama said is. What did Wright say? Has Obama condemned him for it? No, not really, today he justified what Wright has said. That's hypocritical and makes him a liar. The last I heard Wright WAS a campaign consultant, which makes him part of the campaign in my book.

It just kills me how your type cant see past the smoke of a smooth talkin politician.

He was an advisor until this thing blew up.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
He was an advisor until this thing blew up.

Thanks AV, I knew he was involved..I haven't heard he was "officially" removed.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Then why did you bring it up?

PostmodernProphet
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
PMP, he could have recited the menu from McDonalds, and it would have satisfied the typical liberal listener. I think he would have been smart to try to gain the votes of more moderate/swing folks by easing their worries, but I doubt that he accomplished that.

Btw, are you saying that justifying the preacher's commments is what libs wanted to hear? Which worries were being eased?

wrong......because liberals still have two candidates to choose from.....they are looking for someone who can get elected.....and if they believed that this situation made Hillary more electable than Obama they would shift their support to Hillary.....

as to what liberals want to hear, I would say anything that could persuade them that Obama is still a "reasonable" man (as defined by a liberal)......

The Reverend
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Obama talking to us about racism is like BJ Clinton talking to us about monogamy.

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok so now the republican line will be that Obama is a racist.

You guys will be very disapointed with the results of this tact.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Then why did you bring it up?

Are you really that dense?

truthmatters
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Are you really that dense?

You are the one who brought it into the realm of the discussion.

It is you who thought it belonged in the thread. It is either pertnrent or not.

Why did you think it was?

Now you will destroy at the drop of a hat people who have given more to society than they have taken away because they are imperfect.

Are you perfect? should you be judged at this same level? Should any good you have done in your life be erased because you said things which have harmed peoples senses?

Let me remind you that Imus still has a show.

The Reverend
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Ok so now the republican line will be that Obama is a racist.

You guys will be very disapointed with the results of this tact.

HE attends and supports a racist and hate speaking church. What would YOU call it then?

If he really wanted to resolve this he would fromally leave that church. By him staying there even though he "says" he disagrees it sure does make it look like he agree with it.

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
You are the one who brought it into the realm of the discussion.

It is you who thought it belonged in the thread. It is either pertnrent or not.

Why did you think it was?

Now you will destroy at the drop of a hat people who have given more to society than they have taken away because they are imperfect.

Are you perfect? should you be judged at this same level? Should any good you have done in your life be erased because you said things which have harmed peoples senses?

Let me remind you that Imus still has a show.

Let me remind you that Imus is an entertainer, Obama is running for President of the United States! Obama called for Imuses ass he hasn't done the same with his preacher. In fact he employed him! Why? Can you see the idiocy, the hypocrisy, the politics, the smoke up yer ass, yet? I doubt it.

actsnoblemartin
03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
would anyone really go to a church like wrights, regardless of what color racist he was?

I would have left after the first time, i heard about that faggot

for fuck sake, every week, they tape record the sermon... no body in obama's camp or obama himself saw this, what a liar!

HE attends and supports a racist and hate speaking church. What would YOU call it then?

If he really wanted to resolve this he would fromally leave that church. By him staying there even though he "says" he disagrees it sure does make it look like he agree with it.

actsnoblemartin
03-18-2008, 06:16 PM
in america your allowed to hate c@#$%^ but not n@#$@#%$$#

we've come a long way, :laugh2:

Let me remind you that Imus is an entertainer, Obama is running for President of the United States! Obama called for Imuses ass he hasn't done the same with his preacher. In fact he employed him! Why? Can you see the idiocy, the hypocrisy, the politics, the smoke up yer ass, yet? I doubt it.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 06:44 PM
so if i don't join his camp......what group do i fit into?

TM=There are some who can only see the world in terms of us and them. When someone tries to entreat you to join together in efforts that would benifit all you shirk away and say they are lying and evil.

what is with your incessent ignoring of posts? what are you some flyby ranter?

Immanuel
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM

Let me interject something I tried to say earlier.

We only know what the press has been giving us these past couple of weeks. They only want to point out the worst of Christianity. I was greatly offended by Jeremiah Wrights comments that the press gave me, but a couple of sermons do not a pastor make.

My guess is that the man is a racist, but not having heard the full context of his sermons leaves us in the dark about the man.

Obama said that had he only heard those sound bites he would have been appalled... as I was, but, Obama has listened to many more of Jeremiah Wright's sermons than I have. It is quite probable that Obama knows the man better than I.

I am not saying you should vote for Obama or that Jeremiah Wright is not a full blooded racist who if he had turned his hatred for whites into hatred for blacks would not be a Grand Dragon... or is it Grand Wizard? in the KKK itself. However, I am saying that we don't know the full story here and relying on the press is a foolish thing to do. For all we know, this whole issue could have been brought to us through the manipulations of Hillary Clinton herself.

Immie

CockySOB
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
LOL, oh I see. So his preacher didn't turn into a hatemongerig racist until after Obama was busy campaigning for his Presidency!! And also Obama had no idea Dr. Wright was making these statements, even though they've been on youtube for months. So Barack isn't a racist like his pastor, he's just an idiot who doesn't know whats going on.

TM, you're so full of shit I suggest you get the follow service for yourself - www.speedyseptic.org

Dammit! I gotta spread the rep around more.

You're hitting on all cylinders today Hawk. Kudos!

Immanuel
03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh and one more thing... Obama is a politician who will say anything to hang on to as many votes as he can... that includes flat out lies, so no matter what Obama says, the onus is on Jeremiah Wright to prove he is not a racist and is a Christian redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Immie

manu1959
03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
how about this.....

for 20 years he either was clueless or knew about it .....

only now he denounces the statements but makes excusess for why the statements were "ok" to be made ......

he still embraces the man ....

anyone notice he did not say he was leaving the church ......

Yurt
03-18-2008, 08:27 PM
how about this.....

for 20 years he either was clueless or knew about it .....

only now he denounces the statements but makes excusess for why the statements were "ok" to be made ......

he still embraces the man ....

anyone notice he did not say he was leaving the church ......

completely agree....he really didn't denounce anything, just the comments that got caught on camera. he still "stands by his REVEREND"

have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy

That has been my experience at Trinity. Like other predominantly black churches across the country, Trinity embodies the black community in its entirety

my relationship with Reverend Wright.....I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community

he still calls him reverend and has only apologized for "those comments" that caused controversy, other than that, he stands by the reverend.

speech was utter political bull. he used it to grandstand, and as others have said, threw his grandmother under the bus.

he is a racist hatemonger

retiredman
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
gosh...so I guess this means he won't get your vote, eh yurt?

Yurt
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
gosh...so I guess this means he won't get your vote, eh yurt?

you think thats all that matters about this? his vote. you must not have listened to his speech :poke:

manu1959
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
completely agree....he really didn't denounce anything, just the comments that got caught on camera. he still "stands by his REVEREND"
he still calls him reverend and has only apologized for "those comments" that caused controversy, other than that, he stands by the reverend.
speech was utter political bull. he used it to grandstand, and as others have said, threw his grandmother under the bus.
he is a racist hatemonger

actually all i see is a "leader" with bad judgement that has made bad choices for the past 20 years.......

retiredman
03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
you think thats all that matters about this? his vote. you must not have listened to his speech :poke:

I did listen to his speech. I thought he did a great job. If he gets the democratic nomination, he WILL get my vote and he already got my vote in my caucus.

and it really is all that matters. If you can't get elected, you can't move your platform forward.

manu1959
03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I did listen to his speech. I thought he did a great job. If he gets the democratic nomination, he WILL get my vote and he already got my vote in my caucus.

and it really is all that matters. If you can't get elected, you can't move your platform forward.

fair enough.....in another thread you said that the us has been off track for 30 years.....obama and hillary's ideas ain't all that different and hillary was pushing these ideas 15 years ago.....so what makes them good ideas now but bad ideas then.....or does he have some special idea not listed on his website....seriously what is he going to do that will change 30 years of "off the track"....

Yurt
03-18-2008, 08:42 PM

he said his speech is more than just about the election.....care to back off the vote bit then.....because like he said, this is a long term issue and he remains dedicated to it

are you saying if he doesn't get elected he will stop being a racist?

and who the hell are you to tell me i can't talk about a candidate just because i am not voting for them? what kind of a nonsense is that? you never bash a republican candidate? stop using dem/obama talking points and bring some original material

theHawk
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
actually all i see is a "leader" with bad judgement that has made bad choices for the past 20 years.......

Bingo! :clap:

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM

The platform is pretty socialist and repeats past failures. No thanks.

Gunny
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Did he? I think he spent too much time highlighting the slavery issue, as if we've had slavery for the past 142 years.

I DO like the fact he'll cut even his pastor's throat for a nomination though.:laugh2:

retiredman
03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
The platform is pretty socialist and repeats past failures. No thanks.

no one expected you to vote for it anyway.... :lol:

Yurt
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
no one expected you to vote for it anyway.... :lol:

you keep saying this, as if because we would not vote for someone, you want our free speech stifled....

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Obama spent a minute or two condemning Wright's racist and anti-American rants. If he had stopped there, it might have been ok. But he then spent the bulk of the speech justifying the rants, by trying to convince us that it is all so understandable given the realities of life in America for black people. In the end, he trashed a great opportunity to distance himself from Wright and assuage America's fears about his true agenda.

And, just what is his "true agenda"? Please, be specific and provide links to your sources.

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:42 AM

Care to source those statements? I didn't notice anything like that in the out of context sound-bites of the Rev. Wrights sermons taken from his 30 years of ministry.

Or are you simply posting mental droppings from an e-mail you got spammed from some right wing-nut?

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:48 AM
After reading through the this, and other threads concerning Obama, I come away with but one conclusion. The GOP and its right wing-nut base are scared shitless of running against Obama for the White House.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 05:38 AM
After reading through the this, and other threads concerning Obama, I come away with but one conclusion. The GOP and its right wing-nut base are scared shitless of running against Obama for the White House.

The great bully has taken another crap. You are such a naive dimwit to believe this calculating piece of shit, Obamessiah. He is an empty silly suit that talks like a preacher and is more than willing to shoot the woman that raised his sorry spoiled ass for his political ambition. His obnoxious jerk of a wife wears the proverbial pants in the household and no doubt stuffs a rubber ball in his mouth as she dons the vinyl and whips his ass screaming racist epithets at him for having a cracker momma. And you have bought into his speeches that any decent used car hawker could have performed as well...... pathetic.:fu:

This punk ass clown wouldn't last a month, but hey, vote for whomever you want...... dumbass.

Nukeman
03-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Care to source those statements? I didn't notice anything like that in the out of context sound-bites of the Rev. Wrights sermons taken from his 30 years of ministry.

Or are you simply posting mental droppings from an e-mail you got spammed from some right wing-nut?
Are you honestly saying "Rev" Wright didn't say

1. AIDS was developed by white men to kill black men
2. 9/11 was perpetrated by the US gov't
3. welcome the the US of KKKA.
4. Black men who attack black men are fighting the wrong enemy when there are white's holding them down.

Bully, The guy really didn't say all that much in his speach but his pastor sure as hell said a lot over the years. Yes we only have a "few" sound bites from him but if you notice the congregation sits there and nods and agree's with everything he says. There is no collective gasp at what he said so that tells me and many others that this was not the first time he uttered these types of statements. Do you sipute this or are you blindly following the Dem. agenda? You say that Rep. are sheep yet your willing to let a lot slide for Obama strictly due to the fact that he is a Dem!!!! Your smarter than this bully, don't be such a sheep!!!!

Dilloduck
03-19-2008, 07:17 AM
When Hillary is selected to be the Dem nominee all this nonsense will be moot.

Classact
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
actually all i see is a "leader" with bad judgement that has made bad choices for the past 20 years.......The CHANGE - Hope candidate witnessed hatred and said nothing... his wife apparently was influenced by the hatred based on her love for America... but he subjected his children to the filth... where is the hope and what change did he institute?

If you disagree with status quo then you don't condone status quo!

His young children were brainwashed!

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Are you honestly saying "Rev" Wright didn't say

1. AIDS was developed by white men to kill black men
2. 9/11 was perpetrated by the US gov't
3. welcome the the US of KKKA.
4. Black men who attack black men are fighting the wrong enemy when there are white's holding them down.

Bully, The guy really didn't say all that much in his speach but his pastor sure as hell said a lot over the years. Yes we only have a "few" sound bites from him but if you notice the congregation sits there and nods and agree's with everything he says. There is no collective gasp at what he said so that tells me and many others that this was not the first time he uttered these types of statements. Do you sipute this or are you blindly following the Dem. agenda? You say that Rep. are sheep yet your willing to let a lot slide for Obama strictly due to the fact that he is a Dem!!!! Your smarter than this bully, don't be such a sheep!!!!

You still haven't provided a link to the source for those statements. Or are you simply parroting some generic, unsourced "I Hate Obama Because..." e-mail that showed up in your mailbox?

As far as agendas, the only one I'm seeing is you bunch of lemmings blindly following that laid out by the right wing noise machine. It's no coincidence that this story first broke in a Rupert Murdoch media outlet..."The Wall Street Journal".

glockmail
03-19-2008, 08:05 AM
....don't be such a sheep!!!! That says it all right there about the folks here who think that Obama's speech was great, "will go down in history". :lol:

The "magic negro" has fallen.

Nukeman
03-19-2008, 08:07 AM
You still haven't provided a link to the source for those statements. Or are you simply parroting some generic, unsourced "I Hate Obama Because..." e-mail that showed up in your mailbox?

As far as agendas, the only one I'm seeing is you bunch of lemmings blindly following that laid out by the right wing noise machine. It's no coincidence that this story first broke in a Rupert Murdoch media outlet..."The Wall Street Journal".
You really aren't this dense are you.

I PERSONALLY watched the clip on CNN, and FOX news. Are you going totell me I didn't actually hear what I heard??

Ohh My God you hae the nerve to call us lemmings when on DU they are all over the second coming with this guy. Talk about blind sheep..

I tell you what dumb fuck since you cant seem to FIND IT YOURSELF

LISTEN CLOSELY!!! Maybe it will OPEN your eyes!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ38N8OUg3Q

Refute that!!!! Don't you dare say they were taken out of context because there is NO context that should be put in!!!!!!!!

Is this a good enough link for you Bully?????

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
You really aren't this dense are you.

I PERSONALLY watched the clip on CNN, and FOX news. Are you going totell me I didn't actually hear what I heard??

Ohh My God you hae the nerve to call us lemmings when on DU they are all over the second coming with this guy. Talk about blind sheep..

I tell you what dumb fuck since you cant seem to FIND IT YOURSELF

LISTEN CLOSELY!!! Maybe it will OPEN your eyes!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ38N8OUg3Q

Refute that!!!! Don't you dare say they were taken out of context because there is NO context that should be put in!!!!!!!!

Is this a good enough link for you Bully?????

You as sooooooo cute when you're mad! Did 'ums stomp his widdle feet? Unfortunately, I'm at work and the browser won't let me view your link. I'll get back to you on it when I get home.

It's really great watching y'all get your panties in a wad over this tempesdt in a teacup. THe GOP and its RWN supporters won't get into a debate on the actual issues, which they know they'll lose, so they dredge up shit like this. You keep sputtering in helpless indignation, and I'll keep laughing at you. :laugh2:

Nukeman
03-19-2008, 08:35 AM
You as sooooooo cute when you're mad! Did 'ums stomp his widdle feet? Unfortunately, I'm at work and the browser won't let me view your link. I'll get back to you on it when I get home.

It's really great watching y'all get your panties in a wad over this tempesdt in a teacup. THe GOP and its RWN supporters won't get into a debate on the actual issues, which they know they'll lose, so they dredge up shit like this. You keep sputtering in helpless indignation, and I'll keep laughing at you. :laugh2:
I would bet you that in all acuality the "source" of the video of "rev" Wright spewing his hate, originated in the Hillary camp :coffee:

They have the most to gain by him being publicly humiliated.

Ohh for the record I am not mad I just can't honestly believe you have been living under a rock so that you haven't seen anything by the "good rev" Wright. Or are you just being difficult??

Immanuel
03-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I would bet you that in all acuality the "source" of the video of "rev" Wright spewing his hate, originated in the Hillary camp :coffee:

Exactly what I have been thinking... but then, they would never stoop so low, now... would they? They are, after all, Democrats.

Immie

Nukeman
03-19-2008, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=Nukeman;219580]I would bet you that in all acuality the "source" of the video of "rev" Wright spewing his hate, originated in the Hillary camp :coffee:

[\QUOTE]

Exactly what I have been thinking... but then, they would never stoop so low, now... would they? They are, after all, Democrats.

ImmieNot those peace and love Dems!!!! To even think such a thing is almost sacriligous!!!!

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 09:23 AM

Ohh for the record I am not mad I just can't honestly believe you have been living under a rock so that you haven't seen anything by the "good rev" Wright. Or are you just being difficult??

Yeah...I saw 'em, but it was fun watching you have a hissy. But then, so what? How are those staements any different from Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blaming 9/11 on gays, abortionists and anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow, dogmatic view of American life. How is it any different from John Hagee prtraying the Catholic Church as the "Great Whore"? It's not. The RWN's dredged this non-issue up to try and push hot buttons in the red-meat, slack-jawed, mouth-breathing GOP base, and it looks like they hit the mark. They can't debate the issues, so they make cheap personal attacks. How sadly typical of them.

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah...I saw 'em, but it was fun watching you have a hissy. But then, so what? How are those staements any different from Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blaming 9/11 on gays, abortionists and anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow, dogmatic view of American life. How is it any different from John Hagee prtraying the Catholic Church as the "Great Whore"? It's not.

It is - who is using any of the above as their spiritual leader? Who attends the sermons of the above for 20 years? All of those mentioned are disphits for their comments, but only one candidate has ties.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:34 AM
It is - who is using any of the above as their spiritual leader? Who attends the sermons of the above for 20 years? All of those mentioned are disphits for their comments, but only one candidate has ties.

Jim... would you abandon your church if your priest gave a homily that contained a diatribe on a social issue that you disagreed with? Would you really abandon your church even though the vast majority of your priest's homilies were inspiring and uplifting?

Yurt
03-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Jim... would you abandon your church if your priest gave a homily that contained a diatribe on a social issue that you disagreed with? Would you really abandon your church even though the vast majority of your priest's homilies were inspiring and uplifting?

big difference, this guy has constantly preached this message for over 30 years.

your blind to your own obsessions.

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 09:36 AM

If I ever heard the filth at my church that this pastor spewed, even if only once in 20 years, I would be gone in a heartbeat. Sorry, but I won't go somewhere where they preach hate about America, racism & join the churchgoers in cheering on such crap.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 09:38 AM

even obama said this is perhaps one of the most important issues of our time. yet when whitey republicans talk about it, we are bad. but when half black lib candidates give an effing speech about it, they are heroes.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 09:39 AM

once or twice..no...that is narrow minded and it would also depend on what he said. but when you get down to conspiracy theories that do nothing but tear down a certain kinda ppl...then it gets questionable. becasue even if he can sweet talk and be inspiring and uplifting (not just him, have been to churches where you can tell the guy in laying it on thick, especailly when you have seen them outside of church), but to say certain things would show a deep anger that he should resolve before he starts to preach about God and love and moving on. hard to move on when you have hate in your heart.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:40 AM
If I ever heard the filth at my church that this pastor spewed, even if only once in 20 years, I would be gone in a heartbeat. Sorry, but I won't go somewhere where they preach hate about America, racism & join the churchgoers in cheering on such crap.

lots of the Jews who listened to Jesus preach against the rich and the powerful felt exactly the same way.... they chose Barrabas.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
once or twice..no...that is narrow minded and it would also depend on what he said. but when you get down to conspiracy theories that do nothing but tear down a certain kinda ppl...then it gets questionable. becasue even if he can sweet talk and be inspiring and uplifting (not just him, have been to churches where you can tell the guy in laying it on thick, especailly when you have seen them outside of church), but to say certain things would show a deep anger that he should resolve before he starts to preach about God and love and moving on. hard to move on when you have hate in your heart.

hate the sin, love the sinner. Jesus hated the fact that moneychangers were defiling the temple... he didn't hate the moneychangers.

Wright can hate racial injustice and not hate white people.

hjmick
03-19-2008, 09:44 AM

I can't speak for Jim, but...

If I attended church, and if my minister, pastor, priest, rabbi, or whatever spouted the hateful crap the good Reverend Wright spewed for 20 plus years, I can safely say that yes, I would certainly abandon my church and I would take my kids with me and give the spiritual leader a piece of my mind on the way out the door. I had no problem abandoning a close bigoted family member, I would have no trouble doing the same with the church. It's a matter of integrity and personal principles. Too few people in the country do not have the audacity and personal convictions to stand up for what they claim the believe.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 09:44 AM
hate the sin, love the sinner. Jesus hated the fact that moneychangers were defiling the temple... he didn't hate the moneychangers.

Wright can hate racial injustice and not hate white people.

understandable and i agree with that. but what did jesus do? he changed what was wrong. he didn't preach on how evil they were and shit. and you can believe that he can say that and not hate white people? that is like saying the KKK just don't like what black people do, but they don't hate them becasue they are black.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:53 AM
understandable and i agree with that. but what did jesus do? he changed what was wrong. he didn't preach on how evil they were and shit. and you can believe that he can say that and not hate white people? that is like saying the KKK just don't like what black people do, but they don't hate them becasue they are black.

you need to understand the prophetic nature of black Christian liberation philosophy.... and put Wright's comments in context. He may be a UCC minister, but he comes from a long AME tradition.

His sermons are not a lot different than Elijah or Amos or Zechariah OR JESUS who were angry at the powers that be and spoke out against them.

and monkey...Jesus didn't change anything...all he really did was preach the gospel - and live it... it has always been the effect of his preaching on his audiences that has caused anything to actually change.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I can't speak for Jim, but...

If I attended church, and if my minister, pastor, priest, rabbi, or whatever spouted the hateful crap the good Reverend Wright spewed for 20 plus years, I can safely say that yes, I would certainly abandon my church and I would take my kids with me and give the spiritual leader a piece of my mind on the way out the door. I had no problem abandoning a close bigoted family member, I would have no trouble doing the same with the church. It's a matter of integrity and personal principles. Too few people in the country do not have the audacity and personal convictions to stand up for what they claim the believe.
and how do you know that hateful crap is what he spewed from the pulpit every sunday for 20 plus years?

again... black christian prophetic liberation theology is not that easy for white americans to listen to or categorize, but it is, I believe, not as hateful in its total message, as a few soundbites would have you believe.

hjmick
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
In fact, I would walk out after the first round of hate speech, why wait around to see if it happens twice? Is not once enough? It is not something I want in my life nor is it something to which I want my children exposed. There is no place in the pulpit, in a true Christian pulpit, for the kind of rhetoric that spewed from Wright's mouth.

hjmick
03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
and how do you know that hateful crap is what he spewed from the pulpit every sunday for 20 plus years?

again... black christian prophetic liberation theology is not that easy for white americans to listen to or categorize, but it is, I believe, not as hateful in its total message, as a few soundbites would have you believe.

Excuse it all you want. Justify it as you please. I understand what you are trying to say, but I can not condone in any way, shape, or form the words Reverend Wright used. The things he said were hateful. His words did nothing but feed any divisiveness in this country.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
In fact, I would walk out after the first round of hate speech, why wait around to see if it happens twice? Is not once enough? It is not something I want in my life nor is it something to which I want my children exposed. There is no place in the pulpit, in a true Christian pulpit, for the kind of rhetoric that spewed from Wright's mouth.

there is no place in the Christian pulpit for angry prophets? There is no place in the Christian pulpit for voices speaking out against the powers that be? There is no place in the Christian pulpit for preachers who castigate the wicked?

There will always be a place in my church for such voices and my own sermons are often filled with fiery thoughts that challenge my congregation.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 10:10 AM
there is no place in the Christian pulpit for angry prophets? There is no place in the Christian pulpit for voices speaking out against the powers that be? There is no place in the Christian pulpit for preachers who castigate the wicked?

There will always be a place in my church for such voices and my own sermons are often filled with fiery thoughts that challenge my congregation.

whitey sucks....god bless

manu1959
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM

some say that jefferson wrote his separation of church and state phrase due to the preaching against him when he ran for president.....

odd that the feds can not establish or restrict religion and gives them tax exempt status and in turn some take that and preach against the govt....seems it should work in both directions.....

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:16 AM
whitey sucks....god bless

such response illustrate the fact that when trying to boil down complex issues to soundbites digestible to the masses, often the essence has evaporated long before the soundbite appears.

theHawk
03-19-2008, 10:17 AM

I actually hope Obama gets the nomination now. He'll be much easier to defeat in November than Hillary. :finger3:

Yurt
03-19-2008, 10:18 AM
you need to understand the prophetic nature of black Christian liberation philosophy.... and put Wright's comments in context. He may be a UCC minister, but he comes from a long AME tradition.

His sermons are not a lot different than Elijah or Amos or Zechariah OR JESUS who were angry at the powers that be and spoke out against them.

and monkey...Jesus didn't change anything...all he really did was preach the gospel - and live it... it has always been the effect of his preaching on his audiences that has caused anything to actually change.

so you have no problem with whites preaching WHITE christian philosophy?

Yurt
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
such response illustrate the fact that when trying to boil down complex issues to soundbites digestible to the masses, often the essence has evaporated long before the soundbite appears.

no many how many words you use, you still look like a racist ninny

manu1959
03-19-2008, 10:20 AM

an appologist......

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
you need to understand the prophetic nature of black Christian liberation philosophy.... and put Wright's comments in context. He may be a UCC minister, but he comes from a long AME tradition.. i will admit, i have never attended a black church, but i am sorry. be it black, be it white, or whatever. being prophetic is one thing, saying how the white man is keeping you down and you nee to fight that enemy is another.

His sermons are not a lot different than Elijah or Amos or Zechariah OR JESUS who were angry at the powers that be and spoke out against them. what? that there was something wrong with the people straying from their root and worshiping other gods so they brought them back? or that they were focusing too much on wealth? or to keep hope while they were conquered and to rebuild the temple to show that there was still faith in God? or that man should focus more on how the heart is instead of how other ppl think of them and to love everyone no matter what? yah..that is exactly what Rev. Wright was preaching. ha!

and monkey...Jesus didn't change anything...all he really did was preach the gospel - and live it... it has always been the effect of his preaching on his audiences that has caused anything to actually change when we were talking about the money changers...yes...yes he did change what was wrong. but if you want to change midstream and get into he life...then well,yes... he still did change things (which you say yourself). he changed how ppl thought and acted. not for oneself, but for others...what the focus of the heart should be.

and how can you compare Wright to Jesus speaking? that is just wrong and delusional my man. preaching the gospel are one in the same. words of hate, no mattter how small affect others and youself. what is in the heart, comes out of the mouth (or something like that)

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
i will admit, i have never attended a black church, but i am sorry. be it black, be it white, or whatever. being prophetic is one thing, saying how the white man is keeping you down and you nee to fight that enemy is another.

what? that there was something wrong with the people straying from their root and worshiping other gods so they brought them back? or that they were focusing too much on wealth? or to keep hope while they were conquered and to rebuild the temple to show that there was still faith in God? or that man should focus more on how the heart is instead of how other ppl think of them and to love everyone no matter what? yah..that is exactly what Rev. Wright was preaching. ha!

when we were talking about the money changers...yes...yes he did change what was wrong. but if you want to change midstream and get into he life...then well,yes... he still did change things (which you say yourself). he changed how ppl thought and acted. not for oneself, but for others...what the focus of the heart should be.

and how can you compare Wright to Jesus speaking? that is just wrong and delusional my man. preaching the gospel are one in the same. words of hate, no mattter how small affect others and youself. what is in the heart, comes out of the mouth (or something like that)

again... Jesus changed things with His words. You would need to understand the prophetic liberation theology of the black church in America - and God knows, I know very little about it myself - to put Reverend Wright's comments into context. Without such understanding, you will be unable to see it in any light other than the one you now do.

If Wright said that white men in power were a Den of Vipers, that would be hateful to you, wouldn't it? If Wright accused the white men of taking away the houses of widows, that would be hateful to you, wouldn't it?

You should read Matthew 23 and then tell me that Jesus did not speak angry fiery words about people in power.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM

coming from a clueless posturing internet bantam rooster like you, that is a compliment!

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM

do whites need to be liberated? Here I thought they had controlled the game from the beginning!

Oh... never mind. I know. we passed the civil rights act. all those centuries of slavery and jim crow are MAGICALLY washed away!

kumbaya motherfucker...let's have a group hug!

theHawk
03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
You should read Matthew 23 and then tell me that Jesus did not speak angry fiery words about people in power.

You're comparing Rev. Wright to Jesus?

You've gone completely off your rocker. Wake up MFM, even OBAMA has DENOUNCED the shit that Wright has spewed, so I don't understand why you keep defending it. Unless of course you believe his denouncement is phoney.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:52 AM
You're comparing Rev. Wright to Jesus?

You've gone completely off your rocker. Wake up MFM, even OBAMA has DENOUNCED the shit that Wright has spewed, so I don't understand why you keep defending it. Unless of course you believe his denouncement is phoney.

I denounce many things that Wright has said. So does Obama. I do not denounce his entire ministry. Neither does Obama. If Wright were my pastor, I would not leave MY CHURCH simply because my pastor made fiery statements about social justice that I disagreed with.

And I am not comparing Wright to Jesus. I merely point out that even Jesus spoke fiery words of truth to power.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
again... Jesus changed things with His words. You would need to understand the prophetic liberation theology of the black church in America - and God knows, I know very little about it myself - to put Reverend Wright's comments into context. Without such understanding, you will be unable to see it in any light other than the one you now do.. yah genius...never said that he didn't. you're the one that stared it about the money changers (which he didn't change with words) and then about what he preached. when you switch like that, i agreed.

If Wright said that white men in power were a Den of Vipers, that would be hateful to you, wouldn't it? If Wright accused the white men of taking away the houses of widows, that would be hateful to you, wouldn't it? no because i agree with it. anyone in power looks out for mostly themselves and how to stay there and get more power. those would be understandable becasue they have been done. but AIDS to get rid of black people? come on. tinfoil hats anyone? don't assume to know what i think.

You should read Matthew 23 and then tell me that Jesus did not speak angry fiery words about people in power. where did i say that he didn't speak like that? was that his only msg though? or the core of it? no.

and if you look at Matthew 23, it is what i said, you should focus on the heart and the word. but not ones that preach the word, but don't live by it. because that is how the pharasis (sp? sorry) were doing it. all "holier than thou" and keen on the word, but not living by it.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
yah genius...never said that he didn't. you're the one that stared it about the money changers (which he didn't change with words) and then about what he preached. when you switch like that, i agreed.

no because i agree with it. anyone in power looks out for mostly themselves and how to stay there and get more power. those would be understandable becasue they have been done. but AIDS to get rid of black people? come on. tinfoil hats anyone? don't assume to know what i think.

where did i say that he didn't speak like that? was that his only msg though? or the core of it? no.

and if you look at Matthew 23, it is what i said, you should focus on the heart and the word. but not ones that preach the word, but don't live by it. because that is how the pharasis (sp? sorry) were doing it. all "holier than thou" and keen on the word, but not living by it.

are you suggesting that reverend wright's ONLY message is one of anger and hatred to whitey? based upon what? five sound bites...ten.... from thirty plus years of ministry? get real.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I merely point out that even Jesus spoke fiery words of truth to power.
words of truth are different than words said to cause hate and place blame mfm. you can speak words that might be harsh, yet have truth. and then you can also be spouting "prophetic liberation theology", that is made to jab at a certain race/person/belief.

sorta like all muslims are terrorist.not true. but when you look at it, how is that different from anything of the things that Wright said? was he speaking truth? or was he speaking "prophetic liberation theology" of how much the white man has hurt the blacks and tries to kill him off"?

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
are you suggesting that reverend wright's ONLY message is one of anger and hatred to whitey? based upon what? five sound bites...ten.... from thirty plus years of ministry? get real.

again. never said that. is this 'put words in mouth" day or something? Wright might have had some good sermons. this might be a recent thing that he has started to do. i don't know. but see above in how i view the dif. all in the context.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
again. never said that. is this 'put words in mouth" day or something? Wright might have had some good sermons. this might be a recent thing that he has started to do. i don't know. but see above in how i view the dif. all in the context.

Monkey He is not a monster.

He is just a man and he has never and never will say to you "I need about tree fiddy."

retiredman
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM

I would suggest that from his reputation in the church and in the community, that he has given MANY sermons that were good..and that "preaching" is, in reality, a small part of the job of a minister and that outreach, pastoral care, visitation, teaching, counselling, and on and one are also important functions of a good minister. According to all I have read, Wright was excellent at all of those things.

Was he wrong to suggest that AIDS was created by whites to hurt the black man? of course. Is it true that one highly plausible explanation for AIDS lies in trials on young african children of a polio vaccine created by a white guy named Paul Osterrieth from monkey tissue? yes. Was he wrong to suggest that the US caused 9/11? yes and no... his point was that America's uncritical support for Israel in its confrontations with palestinians was one of the major reasons for the attack - even OBL said that. Was he wrong to point out that Hillary had never been called a nigger? perhaps...but it is the truth.

Again... if TUCC was MY CHURCH, I would not leave it because I disagreed with my minister's sermons occasionally. I owuld look at the entirety of his ministry and I would consider it along with the value I placed in church membership.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I would suggest that from his reputation in the church and in the community, that he has given MANY sermons that were good..and that "preaching" is, in reality, a small part of the job of a minister and that outreach, pastoral care, visitation, teaching, counselling, and on and one are also important functions of a good minister. According to all I have read, Wright was excellent at all of those things.

Was he wrong to suggest that AIDS was created by whites to hurt the black man? of course. Is it true that one highly plausible explanation for AIDS lies in trials on young african children of a polio vaccine created by a white guy named Paul Osterrieth from monkey tissue? yes. Was he wrong to suggest that the US caused 9/11? yes and no... his point was that America's uncritical support for Israel in its confrontations with palestinians was one of the major reasons for the attack - even OBL said that. Was he wrong to point out that Hillary had never been called a nigger? perhaps...but it is the truth.

Again... if TUCC was MY CHURCH, I would not leave it because I disagreed with my minister's sermons occasionally. I owuld look at the entirety of his ministry and I would consider it along with the value I placed in church membership.

I wouldn't trust directions to the liquor store from this money whore. He is nothing but a ignorant racist piece of garbage and I wouldn't piss on him if he was set on fire by Satan who obviously has total control over him. Who the fuck is he to preach to anyone?

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:36 AM
do whites need to be liberated? Here I thought they had controlled the game from the beginning!

Oh... never mind. I know. we passed the civil rights act. all those centuries of slavery and jim crow are MAGICALLY washed away!

kumbaya motherfucker...let's have a group hug!

so you admit ONLY blacks can have this:

only blacks need liberation....only blacks can understand the suffering of the bible...you racist ass. there is nothing in the bible to support your view, it is racist. now, admit you have a problem with whites preachign a WHITE christian philosophy, but have no problem with blacks doing what you would call whitey racist for.

intellectual dishonesty, bigotry at its best MFM. we all need liberation from sin........

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't trust directions to the liquor store from this money whore. He is nothing but a ignorant racist piece of garbage and I wouldn't piss on him if he was set on fire by Satan who obviously has total control over him. Who the fuck is he to preach to anyone?

This is where you will be outed.

You have sadi some very racist things on this site fella and trying to turn the racism on Obama will backfire big time on the right.

I cant wait.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM

an i would agree with you mostly on this. and it is not fair to judge by just what was given. but even the smallest snippet has consequences.even if it was the occasional time that he said it...who did it affect that say? who did it push the wrong way? (and i know that things are taken wrong all of the time). as leaders and teachers you are held to almost a higher standard. did he start those programs himself? just a question. even if he didn't, yes he probably helped them along. but that is the church in itself as well. not the pastor.

Devil's advocate though, what else would be expect the ppl of his church to say also? to them this is probably just another attack from the white man, punishing a great man like this.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 11:50 AM

You have sadi some very racist things on this site fella and trying to turn the racism on Obama will backfire big time on the right.

I cant wait.

You wouldn't know a racist if he slapped you across the face and called you a cracker before shoving a 9 into your gut and pulling the trigger. I live and work with people of all races, have friends of all races and I discuss this very same shit with them........ they have never referred to me as a racist. They know they can count on me for help at any time, more so than many of their peeps..... I'm a lot more reliable. You and mfm accuse others of racism in your lilly white world, what would you know about it.:fu:

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
You wouldn't know a racist if he slapped you across the face and called you a cracker before shoving a 9 into your gut and pulling the trigger. I live and work with people of all races, have friends of all races and I discuss this very same shit with them........ they have never referred to me as a racist. They know they can count on me for help at any time, more so than many of their peeps..... I'm a lot more reliable. You and mfm accuse others of racism in your lilly white world, what would you know about it.:fu:

Then tell me why you said that 90% of black people vote democrat because they are not willing to pay their own way?

Why is it OK for you to suggest that most black people are just lazy and want a 40 and some cigs?

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
an i would agree with you mostly on this. and it is not fair to judge by just what was given. but even the smallest snippet has consequences.even if it was the occasional time that he said it...who did it affect that say? who did it push the wrong way? (and i know that things are taken wrong all of the time). as leaders and teachers you are held to almost a higher standard. did he start those programs himself? just a question. even if he didn't, yes he probably helped them along. but that is the church in itself as well. not the pastor.

Devil's advocate though, what else would be expect the ppl of his church to say also? to them this is probably just another attack from the white man, punishing a great man like this.

The shit this guy was saying would have had him shot in the head if he was a white man. They demanded that Imus be fired for a lot less.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Sitarro
No, it is the Democrats that are the racists...... you guys are the ones that promise black people all sorts of freebies to keep them under your control while Republicans promise to help them help themselves, they are the ones that choose the easiest way out.

We, your Democrat party, will give you money for every kid you have, food stamps to buy 40s and cigarettes with, money and a slot ahead of a more deserving white boy for school, we will make sure you get all government run jobs no matter how inept you are(don't ask us to train you though), we will demand that you are bailed out of all the crap you get yourselves into( like in New Orleans when you stayed around to loot the city).

These are your words.

You said them now defend them.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 11:58 AM

I cant wait.
Yer wait is over..this has already bit Obamas ass. He played with race and lost IMO.

I hear the super delegates raised eyebrows over this as well. Play with fire yer gonna get burnt. No rightwing involvement either, he did this all by himself. His association with a man that spews such hate and racial division pretty much trumps his campaign of "hope" and "change".

BTW, did you read the speech or just hear it?

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I read it I have yet to listen to him give it.

Look at what sitarro said.

Do you agree with him on why black people vote for Dems in the 90 percentile?

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Then tell me why you said that 90% of black people vote democrat because they are not willing to pay their own way?

I work with them....... many are extremely lazy, don't follow the simpliste instruction and want to be paid for doing nothing but watching basketball. I go to the post office and it is the black employees with the shit attitude that don't want to do their job. I go to the dmv, it's the black employees that are put out by having to actually do something. They were the ones pushing for a union because they felt that they wouldn't have to work as hard for more money if we had one(that was their argument when they tried to get me to vote their way).

All they know is their mother voted Democrat, and her mother voted democrat and the democrats hold up money like a dog bisquit to bribe a vote out of them. They don't give a shit about politics, "put the fucking basketball back on mother fucker!" and don't know anything about Republicans except that they don't offer them bribes.

Why is it OK for you to suggest that most black people are just lazy and want a 40 and some cigs?

I was playing the part of a democrat operative, that is what they think, they do that all of the time. They buy votes with a fried chicken dinner, a carton of Kool ciggies, liquor, etc.

There are black people that take responsibility in their lives and are great people, they are who I tend to be friends with. There are also people of all races that act like fools but they aren't who we are talking about. The guys I enjoy working with the most are the Africans, they are tireless, never look for an excuse to get out of working, show up on time and kick ass....... amazingly they hate American blacks.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
So how many of the 90% of black Americans who vote democratic vote that way for chicken and kools?

How many have no real convictions but only do it for benifits?

manu1959
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
So how many of the 90% of black Americans who vote democratic vote that way for chicken and kools?

more than one and less than all of them................

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:23 PM
more than one and less than all of them................

So you agree with him then?

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM

Who knows, do you? I worked on a Democrat campaign for Governor in Louisiana when I was in college. My dad flew for a oil field service company and gave rides to Edwin Edwards who was running for Governor at the time. I liked his niece so I worked on his campaign. They wanted me to drive the bus through black neighborhoods on voting day. I was going to bring them to eat at Church's Fried Chicken and then to the polls to vote. They found some black guys to drive instead of me that day, thought it would be better to have them greet the voters.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
What makes you think I would believe a story like that from a known racist without a stitch of proof?

Immanuel
03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
What makes you think I would believe a story like that from a known racist without a stitch of proof?

Well, for starters, you believe everything that comes off the leftist presses. ;) Without a stitch of proof, I might add.

Why wouldn't someone expect you to believe them when they tell you a little about their past?

Immie

manu1959
03-19-2008, 12:36 PM

imagine that .... you not believing something that you disagree with .....

are you saying it is impossible that anything like that has ever happened....

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
So do you agree with the statements made by Sitarro about why blacks vote democratic?

Immanuel
03-19-2008, 12:50 PM
So do you agree with the statements made by Sitarro about why blacks vote democratic?

You called him a liar for presenting his life history. It had nothing to do with his statements about why blacks vote democratic.

I believe there are many reasons blacks vote democratic. I believe there are many reasons that a single black person would vote democratic. Just as there are many reasons, why I won't vote for either one of the major parties. One of those reasons, that a black person particularly one who is struggling to make ends meet, would vote Democratic is that the Democratic Party pretends to care about the poor and the minority. Also the D.P. is for redistribution of wealth. The D.P. has convinced the needy that the evil rich man is responsible for keeping them down.

However, I don't believe that the redistribution of wealth is the solution to bringing the needy out of the rolls of the poor. I believe that a hand up is a hell of a lot better than a hand out. Unfortunately, the D.P. has convinced the needy that their solution is the only way out of the rolls of the poor, when in fact, it does nothing but keep the poor poor

Immie

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
No, it is the Democrats that are the racists...... you guys are the ones that promise black people all sorts of freebies to keep them under your control while Republicans promise to help them help themselves, they are the ones that choose the easiest way out.

We, your Democrat party, will give you money for every kid you have, food stamps to buy 40s and cigarettes with, money and a slot ahead of a more deserving white boy for school, we will make sure you get all government run jobs no matter how inept you are(don't ask us to train you though), we will demand that you are bailed out of all the crap you get yourselves into( like in New Orleans when you stayed around to loot the city).

Immy read what he said. I find this kind of person completetly untrustable.

If you question Obama for not throwing his pastor over the bridge for his comments how do you feel about someone who would say such things himself?

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 12:57 PM

I assume you are talking to me, nobody ever knows since you haven't figured out the very complex quote button. Do you think I made that up? There is a lot of detail there, why don't you believe me?

By the way, Edwards and his campaign tactics worked and he was elected. I went to the inaugural ball at the Superdome....... wore a tux. My dad continued to fly him around in the jet and said that when he would pick him up in Baton Rouge, there was always a young woman waiting in the hanger to go with Edwards. He is serving a 10 year sentence for racketeering, extortion, fraud and conspiracy.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM

Immy read what he said. I find this kind of person completetly untrustable.

If you question Obama for not throwing his pastor over the bridge for his comments how do you feel about someone who would say such things himself?

You are so damn easy..... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
You are so damned racist

manu1959
03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
You are so damned racist

and pastor wright...........or obamams white grandma......

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
You are so damned racist

Did you read the part that said who I like to work with the most? I didn't think so.... believe whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Don't let anyone call you naive because you're not....really, believe me, I'm not kidding.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Immanuel
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM

Uh, excuse me, where did I question Obama for not throwing his pastor under the bridge?

I read Obama's speech and personally, I felt he did a good job. As far as I can tell, Jeremiah Wright is a racist, but as I said yesterday, I don't know Jeremiah Wright at all. I can accept Obama's statements that if all he knew about Jeremiah Wright were the sound bites played on YouTube, he'd have a problem as well.

I have not once said anything like Obama should have thrown Wright over the bridge.

Immie

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM

These are your words and you will have to live with them.

Oh no, please have mercy on me, I can change....... I have hope!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

CockySOB
03-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Not Jim, but still willing to answer.

Yes.

HELL, YES!

If I was attending a church and the pastor/congregation spoke with the kind of venom and filth that I heard come from Wright's mouth, you're damned right I'd leave. I refuse to be part or party to an apostate church.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Not Jim, but still willing to answer.

Yes.

HELL, YES!

If I was attending a church and the pastor/congregation spoke with the kind of venom and filth that I heard come from Wright's mouth, you're damned right I'd leave. I refuse to be part or party to an apostate church.

But you have no problem with what Sitarro said about blacks?

CockySOB
03-19-2008, 01:27 PM

Haven't seen or heard what you're talking about yet. I'm dropping in from work during my very short lunch break. Might comment later tonight when I'm home though. PM me a link to the post you're talking about.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM

Be sure to show it to him in context matters, we all know how you tend to manipulate the truth.

Sitarro
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
This is what he said.

Hey, get the quote right. I didn't say that last sentence, you did.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM

why is it ok to have a NEGRO college fund?

manu1959
03-19-2008, 03:28 PM
why is it ok to have a NEGRO college fund?

because they were once slaves......

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM

It's called the "fallacy of guilt by association"...Look it up. And those sound-bites were culled from how many years of ministry?

Sorry, but McLame proudly accepted the endorsements of Pat Robertson, John Hagee and Rod Parsley who he claimed as his "Spiritual Guide". And the good Pastor Parsley advocates attacking Iran in order to fulfill biblical "end-time" prophecy.

I know you're smarter than that Jim.

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:14 PM
even obama said this is perhaps one of the most important issues of our time. yet when whitey republicans talk about it, we are bad. but when half black lib candidates give an effing speech about it, they are heroes.

Now, where did I even IMPLY that? Or are you just making crap up again? And Obama is right, it is one of many serious issues our country faces, and it doesn't matter who discusses it as long as they do it an open and honest matter. It is also an issue which sparks many negative emotions which commentators on both sides all too readily take advantage of.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
It's called the "fallacy of guilt by association"...Look it up. And those sound-bites were culled from how many years of ministry?

Sorry, but McLame proudly accepted the endorsements of Pat Robertson, John Hagee and Rod Parsley who he claimed as his "Spiritual Guide". And the good Pastor Parsley advocates attacking Iran in order to fulfill biblical "end-time" prophecy.

Nice try at equivalency, but it won't work.

People supporting you = not in your your control

Sitting voluntarily in a pew under the spiritual guidance of a racist pastor for 20 years = totally in your control.

A huge difference which can be seen by anyone who is looking without their partisan blinders on.

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:21 PM
The shit this guy was saying would have had him shot in the head if he was a white man. They demanded that Imus be fired for a lot less.

What...with you as the button man? Was Bill O'Reilly shot for voicing his surprise that the black patrons of a Harlem restaurant weren't all shouting "Where's my iced tea...mofo?" Don't think so. Was he shot for saying a teen-aged boy enjoyed being a sexual slave to a pedophile? Nope, wasn't shot then either.Go crawl back under your rock.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Which one preaches racial hate? Which calls for God to damn America? Which church does McCain attend?

I know you're smarter than that bully.

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Nice try at equivalency, but it won't work.

People supporting you = not in your your control

Sitting voluntarily in a pew under the spiritual guidance of a racist pastor for 20 years = totally in your control.

A huge difference which can be seen by anyone who is looking without their partisan blinders on.

What proof do you have, outside of a few sound-bites do you have that the Rev. Wright is a racist? If in possession of such irrefutable evidence, please provide it.

Unconditional acceptance of the support of people who make morally questionable assertions implies agreement with those assertions. So, unless he rejects and denounces the statements of Pat Robertson, John Hagee, and Rod Parsley, it would seem that John McCain believes that 9/11 occurred and Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans because of the actions of homosexyuls and other non-believers...the the Catholic Church is the "Great Whore"...America must go to war with Iran in order to fulfill biblical prophecy.

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Which one preaches racial hate? Which calls for God to damn America? Which church does McCain attend?

I know you're smarter than that bully.

Indeed, which preaches racial hatred?

manu1959
03-19-2008, 05:22 PM
What proof do you have, outside of a few sound-bites do you have that the Rev. Wright is a racist?

how many murder weapons are required now.......

bullypulpit
03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I was wrong..."The Wall Street Journal" wasn't the first to pick up the story. It was a Newsmaxx column by Robert Kessler from March 6th. Kessler just put a little polish on the turd for the op-ed he did for the Journal.

And Rupert Murdoch said the journalistic standards of the Journal would remain as high as they were before he took over. Who could've foreseen them sourcing a right wing tool like Newsmaxx.

Pale Rider
03-19-2008, 05:41 PM

read or listen please.

It must have been that onion you were dicing, because nothing in that lame speech could possibly move one to tears.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
why do black voters vote democratic at a rate of 90%?

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Why not go ask them?

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 05:53 PM
I have talked to plenty of black people about why they vote democratic. I was asking pale rider what he thought.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I have talked to plenty of black people about why they vote democratic. I was asking pale rider what he thought.

Oh. So way do the vote dem 90%?

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM

Stupidity? Looking for freebies?

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Stupidity? Looking for freebies?

So 90% are stupid?

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
So 90% are stupid?

Probably more like 22.7%. 21.6% are in jail and 55.7% are looking for freebies. I took a study and that was my results.

Trigg
03-19-2008, 06:23 PM

probably the same reason you vote dem 100% of the time, they're sheep.

ANYONE who votes party line is a sheep.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:23 PM
You see a Joke is actually supposed to make a person laugh.

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 06:24 PM
You see a Joke is actually supposed to make a person laugh.

You're a joke. I'm not amused either.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Im not here to amuse you.

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Im not here to amuse you.

Are you here to secretly destroy my brain cells and push me into a psychotic state?

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Im here to set your brain cells free

jimnyc
03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Im here to set your brain cells free

Mission accomplished! My brain cells squeeze themselves out of my head in fear when you're around.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I was hoping to free them inside of your head so they could rub together and get some unbiased thought going.

Monkeybone
03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I was hoping to free them inside of your head so they could rub together and get some unbiased thought going.

TM, you're not exactly one to be talking about unbiased thought....just fyi.

Trigg
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM

How about you try that on yourself before preaching to others?????

You who have never voted republican in your life, not even in local elections. How about you getting out of your hole and experiencing an unbiased thought for a change???

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Its not my fault the republican have not run a decent candidate in any of the elections I voted in.

I have many times not gone with the populace in thought. I have been on top of the curve of many more issues than the republican of my time. They so often get everything wrong and then say things like they will be the fiscal one and then spend their asses off. They say they are the uniter and then devide the country with hate and fear. My last gov vote included a R governer who was all tied up with Abramhoff.

If they would quit running liars and cheats it might be different.

Trigg
03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Its not my fault the republican have not run a decent candidate in any of the elections I voted in.

I have many times not gone with the populace in thought. I have been on top of the curve of many more issues than the republican of my time. They so often get everything wrong and then say things like they will be the fiscal one and then spend their asses off. They say they are the uniter and then devide the country with hate and fear. My last gov vote included a R governer who was all tied up with Abramhoff.

If they would quit running liars and cheats it might be different.

Tell ya what you answer me this. Have you ever voted for a republican sheriff or a republican on school board??????

Have you even ever considered it????

If not you are a sheep and should quit trying to "enlighten" people about the dem party.

truthmatters
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Tell ya what you answer me this. Have you ever voted for a republican sheriff or a republican on school board??????

Have you even ever considered it????

If not you are a sheep and should quit trying to "enlighten" people about the dem party.

Oh at that level Im sure I probably have. They are not listed by party in any place Ive lived.

Nukeman
03-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh at that level Im sure I probably have. They are not listed by party in any place Ive lived.

Bullshit!!!!! They are always listed by party. Thats how they seperate them!!!! Ohterwise you have 50 people running for one slot......

retiredman
03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Bullshit!!!!! They are always listed by party. Thats how they seperate them!!!! Ohterwise you have 50 people running for one slot......

actually....in many municipal elections, party is not listed.

Trigg
03-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Well it seems that not all dems were reduced to tears over the Obama speech, in fact some were left with questions. The same questions people here were bringing up.

Peter said he’s never voted for a Republican for president, but if Obama is the nominee, he will support Sen. John McCain.

“I would have a hard time if it is Clinton and McCain,” Peter said

Mitrea, the aesthetician on her cigarette break outside Beautyworx Salon and Day Spa in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia, said she watched the whole speech. And before the controversy over Wright’s sermons, Mitrea said she was 55 percent for Clinton, 45 percent for Obama.

“Now I am 100 percent for Clinton and zero percent for Obama,” Mitrea said.

As an immigrant who is now a citizen, Mitrea said she took offense to Wright’s comments that "God Bless America" should be “God Damn America.”

“I love America,” Mitrea said. “I thank God I am here. I live a free life.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9132_Page2.html