PDA

View Full Version : What the most romantic or sweetest thing you have ever done, or had done to you

actsnoblemartin
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
The sweetest thing I ever did was, pray for my best friend, and tell her i love her every day for the last 7 years. It makes me emotional just thinking about.

I love her so much, sometimes i cry when i miss her, like now lol

:(--- my special princess.

gabosaurus
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
My answer to this could not be posted in this forum.
Perhaps on Xtube. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Due to a bus leaving my ass in Aberdeen Maryland, I hitchhiked all the from there to northern Vermont to see my girlfriend for Christmas. This was while I was in Navy, and it was the first point where I really had time off.

I got left at a place called the Maryland House, a rest stop that we had stopped off at, and been told we had 30 minutes, but when, 15 minutes later, I came out the door, the bus was gone, taillights fading into the distance.

Yes, I could have backtracked and gotten to a bus station, and moved on from there, or bagged out on the whole thing, but I was standing there in front of the phone, and I just couldn't tell her I was going to be late, or worse, not coming at all. So, I started shamelessly using my military status to win myself the lifts I needed in order to get north, which included a perios on the back of a Harley in Northern vermont in December, going up through the mountains. It was a memorable event.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Ah, the Maryland House. I've been there many times. I admire your perseverance.

jackass
03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I like to hit the Chesapeake House. Its not nearly as busy.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I like to hit the Chesapeake House. Its not nearly as busy.

Indeed...

Holiday Travel Special Report: I-95 Rest Stop Bathrooms Already Smell Awful

By: The Traveling Man
Crab Travel Editor

I-95 CORRIDOR – It only took a few hours, but by 6:30 this morning, the smell in the bathrooms at all I-95 rest stops in Maryland was borderline intolerable, officially kicking off one of the busiest travel days of the year in Maryland and the rest of the country.

At the Maryland House rest stop, the smell was not just horrible, but widespread beyond the confines of the bathroom itself.

“Wow, I’ve smelled some seriously awful rest stop bathrooms in my days, but this is gotta be one of the worst.” said Ted, a truck driver on his way to Connecticut. “It hits you even when you are like ten feet from opening the door to go in.”

The smell, which has been described by many as ‘old sewage’, began to become prevalent after an early morning rush which included truckers, couriers, and families trying to beat traffic.

The problem, as described by experts, is that bathroom stench needs idle time, when nobody is adding to the smell, in order to clear out. The issue with this travel day is that with so many people stopping, the stench never gets the proper amount of time to even begin decreasing in density.

While many people blame a lack of maintenance, experts disagree claiming that this problem is a battle against time and cannot be solved by solvents.

“Even if we were to go in there every 15 minutes and spray the hell out of the place, it would only result in a mix of chemicals and stench, which in my opinion is worse.” said an official from the Maryland House rest stop. “Unfortunately, this is just a part of traveling during this weekend.”
http://baltimorecrab.blogspot.com/2005/11/holiday-travel-special-report-i-95.html

DragonStryk72
03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Ah, the Maryland House. I've been there many times. I admire your perseverance.

My girlfriend smacked the shit out of me between hugs and kisses.I got called an idiot more times in an hours than I have in the entirety of my life.

Sitarro
03-20-2008, 02:44 AM
I drove 20 hours straight from Houston to Denver to make it home in time to take my girl out for New Years Eve( I had driven straight thru to Houston on Christmas Eve when I couldn't get a flight out to surprise my Mother). I had made plans at a great old hotel in Boulder for dinner, New Years festivities and stay over for breakfast. I hit the message machine button upon arriving and was told she was breaking up with me........ ON A MESSAGE MACHINE! Sade's "No Ordinary Love" was playing in the back ground, can't hear that song without reliving that moment every time. One last special detail.... she was blowing me off for a lesbian that had been after her for months..... needed to find out what it was all about, confused and all, ya know. I hate lesbians.

gabosaurus
03-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Dang Sitarro, that was cold blooded. Hadn't you called her to be sure she would be there?

Abbey Marie
03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
I drove 20 hours straight from Houston to Denver to make it home in time to take my girl out for New Years Eve( I had driven straight thru to Houston on Christmas Eve when I couldn't get a flight out to surprise my Mother). I had made plans at a great old hotel in Boulder for dinner, New Years festivities and stay over for breakfast. I hit the message machine button upon arriving and was told she was breaking up with me........ ON A MESSAGE MACHINE! Sade's "No Ordinary Love" was playing in the back ground, can't hear that song without reliving that moment every time. One last special detail.... she was blowing me off for a lesbian that had been after her for months..... needed to find out what it was all about, confused and all, ya know. I hate lesbians.

Geez. She obviously wasn't worthy of you.

gabosaurus
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Sitarro, you need to believe in the Karma.

My sister still relishes a story about a guy who cheated on her in high school. Broke her heart.
She found out through mutual friends that the same guy got engaged later on. Bought her an expensive ring and all. At some point prior to the planned wedding, the bride to be hooked up with a former boyfriend and ran off with him.

Sitarro
03-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Sitarro, you need to believe in the Karma.

My sister still relishes a story about a guy who cheated on her in high school. Broke her heart.
She found out through mutual friends that the same guy got engaged later on. Bought her an expensive ring and all. At some point prior to the planned wedding, the bride to be hooked up with a former boyfriend and ran off with him.

Actually, she and I remained friends for quite a few years as she went from one guy to another drunk 24 hours a day. She finally hooked up with a coke addict in a treatment center. He treated her very badly, she left him to move back home and have his child, she straightened out and was getting much better for 2 years when he came back in her life. She started drinking again, the child was taken from her and given to her sister while she moved from one treatment center to the next. She ended up in Grand Junction. All of this time she would call me while drunk and I would try my hardest to say the one thing that would get her to stop. One day I got a call from her, she said she had stopped drinking and had just got a new job selling Harleys (I had always told her she would do real well selling trucks). She sounded great, like the girl I knew before, I was happy for her. The next week her mother called me to let me know that she had driven off a mountain road in a drunken stupor and was killed instantly.

Yea that karma is something. This "karma payback" effected a lot of people other than her, makes it awful hard to believe in.

Sitarro
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Geez. She obviously wasn't worthy of you.

Story of my life......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: