PDA

View Full Version : Idol

Mr. P
03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
What the hell is Amanda Overmyer still doing in this competition?

Is it just me or does she really suck EVERY week? BORING!

jackass
03-19-2008, 12:53 PM

Sorry Martin, ....I mean Mr. P I dont watch Idol..... :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry Martin, ....I mean Mr. P I dont watch Idol..... :laugh2:

You should. Who knows, you might learn something. BUTTHEAD!:poke: :laugh2:

jackass
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
You should. Who knows, you might learn something. BUTTHEAD!:poke: :laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't watch it either Mr. P. I've seen maybe five seconds of the show as I surf right past it. It's glorified karaoke, and none of those people are anything close to an "idol" in my eyes. Sorry bro. There's much better things to watch on TV. History channel, Discovery, NPB high def has good shows, classic movies, news channels, etc., .... no karaoke.

Little-Acorn
03-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Token metal rocker. She captures all the "non-real music" votes while the others divvy up the real votes, and so gets enouh to stay in.

I don't like that kind of music, so I think she (or anyone else who sings that stuff) is a waste of air time.

Final three will be Archileta (however you spell it, the 16-yr-old kid with the great voice), Carly Smithson (the tattooed one from my home town) and the little asian girl. And either Archileta or Smithson will take it.

I like to watch it because the kids are trying so hard, and they've dumped all the nonsingers by now (except Amanda). They're trying their assses off to be good, and some are close to succeeding. Classic Americana.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't watch it either Mr. P. I've seen maybe five seconds of the show as I surf right past it. It's glorified karaoke, and none of those people are anything close to an "idol" in my eyes. Sorry bro. There's much better things to watch on TV. History channel, Discovery, NPB high def has good shows, classic movies, news channels, etc., .... no karaoke.

I don't have cable....I watch very little TV really, when I do it's mostly mindless fun stuff...cept for "House" and some PBS stuff.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Token metal rocker. She captures all the "non-real music" votes while the others divvy up the real votes, and so gets enouh to stay in.

I don't like that kind of music, so I think she (or anyone else who sings that stuff) is a waste of air time.

Final three will be Archileta (however you spell it, the 16-yr-old kid with the great voice), Carly Smithson (the tattooed one from my home town) and the little asian girl. And either Archileta or Smithson will take it.

I like to watch it because the kids are trying so hard, and they've dumped all the nonsingers by now (except Amanda). They're trying their assses off to be good, and some are close to succeeding. Classic Americana.

You don't think Brooke White will make the final? I think the kid will. I think the Asian may go away tonight.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Idol is great for families to watch together. It brings different generations together, and there isn't so much on TV like that anymore.

Mr. P, you got your wish tonight!

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Idol is great for families to watch together. It brings different generations together, and there isn't so much on TV like that anymore.

Mr. P, you got your wish tonight!

It was bound to happen, she just wasn't...rounded?

I'm pretty happy with the top 10.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
It was bound to happen, she just wasn't...rounded?

I'm pretty happy with the top 10.

As a group, they are better than most years.

Btw, I think Brook White will go home in 2 weeks.

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
As a group, they are better than most years.

Btw, I think Brook White will go home in 2 weeks.

I'll be devastated when, if, it happens.

chesswarsnow
03-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I love this show.
2. Best thing on TV.
3. I want the little Asian chick to win, *Ramiel Malubay* *Classy*
4. She is a of Filipino Ancestry.
5. I also really really like David, and figure he is going to win this year.
6. That dude has talent!:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I love this show.
2. Best thing on TV.
3. I want the little Asian chick to win, *Ramiel Malubay* *Classy*
4. She is a of Filipino Ancestry.
5. I also really really like David, and figure he is going to win this year.
6. That dude has talent!:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you want her to win on talent or that she is asian? excuse me -- little .... asian

Pale Rider
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't have cable....I watch very little TV really, when I do it's mostly mindless fun stuff...cept for "House" and some PBS stuff.

My parents watch it for the exact some reason. :)

Little-Acorn
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Chikezie (sp?) is toast tonight. Pretty uninspiring performance. Too bad, he's a nice guy, if thin-skinned.

Mr. P
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Chikezie (sp?) is toast tonight. Pretty uninspiring performance. Too bad, he's a nice guy, if thin-skinned.

I have 4-5 picked that just don't have that total package. The total package being stage presence and talent, he is on my list.

Little-Acorn
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
BTW, the girl who sang "Proud to be an American" gets my vote, now and forever. The idea that she would go into Hollywood of all places, into one of the most-watched venues in one of the most extreme-left parts of the country, and present that song, is earth-shaking.

Her actual performance was "pretty good", as I think Randy said, as opposed to "very good". She made no real mistakes, though she didn't present a lot of originality aside from the key change.

But that chick has balls the size of basketballs, to do such a thing. Simon's description of her song choice as "very clever" was a rare understatement from him. And she had the huevos to sing it well. If she had Roseann'ed it, she might have gotten sympathetic laughter from the Hollywood crowd instead of being booed off the stage as she would have deserved. But she worked hard and did it right, clearly believing the song deserved quality presentation.

I'll keep voting for her, even as I vote for whoever does the best, to the end of the series.

Immanuel
03-26-2008, 02:29 PM

Actually, Carrie Underwood is fine and she made it big too!

You forgot the NASA Channel. Watched a bit of that at my parent's house on Easter. Talk about boring!

I've never watched Idol, but my wife and daughters do. Who the hell is Amanda Overmeyer anyway?

Immie

Little-Acorn
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
BTW, the girl who sang "Proud to be an American" gets my vote, now and forever.

I wish I could find out the actual numbers of votes for each candidate this time around, not just the "Bottom three" and the loser. As I mentioned, this girl's performance wasn't spectacular, just good, probably good enough that she won't be in the bottom three this time.

But, did she get a big bump due to her choice of that particular song? Or a big downer? Or....??

Abbey Marie
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
My predictions for bottom three tonight:
1. Malubay
2. Kristy Lee Cook (because of her other terrible weeks; she was good last night)
3. Syesha

Sorry, girls, but the guys outperformed you all last night.

Mr. P
03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
My predictions for bottom three tonight:
1. Malubay
2. Kristy Lee Cook (because of her other terrible weeks; she was good last night)
3. Syesha

Sorry, girls, but the guys outperformed you all last night.

Overall they sure did!

Little-Acorn
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM

(bowing)

:dance:

Mr. P
04-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Sooooo what did everyone think about tonight? The guys were strong!

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree. David Cook, Archuleta and Michael Johns were all very good, esp. Archuleta. He just has the purest voice.

The only girl I liked tonight was Carly.

I just don't see a female winning this year.

Yurt
04-01-2008, 11:05 PM
i wub the blondie from OR, wowza...and great voice

i think the rocker guy should win

Mr. P
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I agree. David Cook, Archuleta and Michael Johns were all very good, esp. Archuleta. He just has the purest voice.

The only girl I liked tonight was Carly.

I just don't see a female winning this year.

I just think it's a shame she has that arm tattooed. It takes so much away for me...ya know?

Little-Acorn
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
My prediction: The guy with the dreadlocks is outta there tonight. Like Chikezie last week, a pretty uninspiring performance.

Syeshia did a lot better than the judges thought.

Mr. P
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
My prediction: The guy with the dreadlocks is outta there tonight. Like Chikezie last week, a pretty uninspiring performance.

Yeah him or Malubay.

Syeshia was great last night IMO.

Yurt
04-02-2008, 11:47 PM
:( blondie from OR is in the bottom 3...

the other two, time to go

Syeshia was great last night IMO.

yeah, i told my wife that song saved her, simon was wrong on that song

Yurt
04-02-2008, 11:56 PM
justice...blondie stays and my #1 pick to go leaves

Mr. P
04-03-2008, 12:04 AM
justice...blondie stays and my #1 pick to go leaves

She was my #1 pick to go too..I gotta be careful what I say on this thread since I see the show before you left coast folks. I'd hate to spoil the show for ya.

So of the two blonds, I wanna see cook go and white stay.
Cook does this thing with her legs when she sings (most of the time) and it just turns me off.

Little-Acorn
04-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Well, I missed that prediction by a country mile, didn't I. Hell, I didn't think Malubay was that bad - she did better than the dreadlocks guy. But it seems that a lot of people disagreed. Oh well.....

Funny to see her between the other two girls in the bottom three. She didn't even come up to their armpits. One downer for this week's selection: Now there's nobody left who can make Seacrest look tall.

Little-Acorn
04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
The dreadlocks guy once again was completely uninspiring, with that silly little ukelele. He's my pick to get dropped tonight. But the judges seemed to like him.

BTW, are there two American Idol shows tonight? The "Idol Gives Back" one in the early evening, and the regular one where they whittle down to the bottom three and toss one, later in the evening? Or are they combined into one?

Little-Acorn
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Oops, looks like "Idol Gives Back" is tonight (Wednesday), and the regular kick-someone-out show is tomorrow (Thursday).

Mr. P
04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
The dreadlocks guy once again was completely uninspiring, with that silly little ukelele. He's my pick to get dropped tonight. But the judges seemed to like him.

BTW, are there two American Idol shows tonight? The "Idol Gives Back" one in the early evening, and the regular one where they whittle down to the bottom three and toss one, later in the evening? Or are they combined into one?

I had it on but was working and for the most part MISSED THE WHOLE DARN SHOW! ERRRRRRRRR!! The only one I heard sing was the young boy David. He sure has talent although I don't care for his voice.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Either Mr. Dreadlocks or Syesha is ready to go, IMO.

Little-Acorn
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
American Idol is consistently one of the highest-viewed shows in its time slot, or any other time slot save the Super Bowl or other mega-events.

I wonder if the "Idol Gives Back" show tonight, will break that record? I understand it won't have much singing, and no results from the competition.

I watch Idol because I like the singing and seeing the kids try their hearts out to get better and more entertaining. Some really beautiful stuff comes out sometimes. And I watch the results show because they show more singing, and I'm curious if other agree with my guesses on who's out.

I probably won't watch the "Gives Back" show tonight, since it will apparently have none of the above. I see enough misfortune, poverty, and destitution in news shows, movies, etc. My wife and I donate regularly to charities to help. If I wanted more misery, sickness, and death, I'd watch "Gives Back"... but, no thanks.

Wonder if anyone else will decline to watch? It takes more than the "American Idol" name to make a show worthwhile... but tonight's show has nothing more than that.

Mr. P
04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
WOW...even though I missed tues night I'M SHOCKED!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I am shocked that the Karoake show is still on the TV....when does Janet Jackson come on?

WOW...even though I missed tues night I'M SHOCKED!

Mr. P
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I am shocked that the Karoake show is still on the TV....when does Janet Jackson come on?

Don't mess with my thread, I know people!

Abbey Marie
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
So, who is going home tonight?

I think it will be Jason.

Mr. P
04-16-2008, 07:41 PM
So, who is going home tonight?

I think it will be Jason.

Based on performance alone last night...I say the Irish girl with that Tat.

Abbey Marie
04-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Based on performance alone last night...I say the Irish girl with that Tat.

She finally covered it up last night!

Mr. P
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
She finally covered it up last night!

I didn't even notice that. I do think she was the weakest though. The odd thing is she sang the only song of the night that I knew.

Mr. P
04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
IMO...Jason and Brooke were the weakest tonight..

What do you guys think?

Little-Acorn
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Agree, unfortunately. And Carly Smithson was no great shakes.

Smithson and Archuleta have the greatest potential, though Cook has surprised me several times, and was great tonight. But Smithson keeps singing things that don't bring out her ability.

Either Jason or Smithson will get the axe tomorrow.

Yurt
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
IMO...Jason and Brooke were the weakest tonight..

What do you guys think?

i agree. cook rules. that was awesome.

remie
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Looks to me like a two man race, Archuleta and Cook are head and shoulders above the rest on a weekly basis and even though he his a little hard to look at, Archuleta probably has the best musical skills.

Mr. P
04-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Looks to me like a two man race, Archuleta and Cook are head and shoulders above the rest on a weekly basis and even though he his a little hard to look at, Archuleta probably has the best musical skills.

They're both very good but I'm still pulling for Brooke White, even though she may get the ax tonight.

remie
04-24-2008, 07:59 AM
They're both very good but I'm still pulling for Brooke White, even though she may get the ax tonight.

She will be safe for a bit...she has the votefortheworst.com crowd stuffing the ballot box.

Little-Acorn
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Either Jason or Smithson will get the axe tomorrow.

Damn. I was hoping she'd survive. She had great potential, and is Irish and a San Diegan to boot. But her recent performances just weren't up to par.

Oh well.

Yurt
04-24-2008, 08:55 PM
who here thinks cook is the best?

http://www.lesliehawes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/raise-your-hand.jpg

Mr. P
04-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Damn. I was hoping she'd survive. She had great potential, and is Irish and a San Diegan to boot. But her recent performances just weren't up to par.

Oh well.
I was surprised by that. She was good, but that TAT! geee

who here thinks cook is the best?

Cook is good, he just needs to fix that hair!

Mr. P
04-24-2008, 10:48 PM
She will be safe for a bit...she has the votefortheworst.com crowd stuffing the ballot box.

Really? Those folks are Idiots!

Yurt
04-30-2008, 09:18 AM
whatever paula abdul is "on" i want some, because apparently she can see into the future and judge contestant's songs before they even sing them...

Abbey Marie
04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
whatever paula abdul is "on" i want some, because apparently she can see into the future and judge contestant's songs before they even sing them...

I missed most of last night, but I can say I mostly tune her out. It's meaningless drivel.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 09:41 AM
On a night when "American Idol" switched up the judges' format by making them hold their appraisals until every contestant had a turn, Abdul offered feedback Tuesday for two songs by Jason Castro -- except that he'd only sung one.

So after each of the final five contestants sang one Neil Diamond song, Jackson zipped through his appraisals, offering a few terse words for each before kicking it to a visibly flustered Abdul.

"Oh gosh, we've never had to write these things down ... fast enough," she began, shuffling through her notecards. "Jason, first song, I loved hearing your lower register, which we never really hear, um ... ."

And that's where it started going off the rails.

"The second song, I felt like your usual charm wasn't -- it was missing for me. It kind of left me a little empty."

Indeed.

All six people on stage, including Seacrest, stared blankly (except Syesha Mercado, who wore the furrowed brow of mystification).

"The two songs," she continued, "made me feel like you're not fighting hard enough to get into the top four."

After a smattering of nervous crowd laughter, Jackson finally broke the tension.

"That was just on the first song," he said sheepishly, pointing up to Castro. "Just on the first one."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/30/tv.americanidol.ap/index.html

now thats funny, i missed it too, but its so paula

Little-Acorn
04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Paula has been a fruitcake form many seasons, but she has restrained it pretty well this season , until tonight. I guess the strain of being normal was too much for her.

Well, this is my fourth time of predicting Jason Castro will be the one knocked out this week. I've got a guaranteed formula here: Keep predicting Castro each and every time, and either the guy will win it all or I'll be right! Eventually. :D

But seriously, I just don't see anything spectacular or great in his singing, never really have. Several others outshine him every time - this time the two Davids.

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Paula has been a fruitcake form many seasons, but she has restrained it pretty well this season , until tonight. I guess the strain of being normal was too much for her.

Well, this is my fourth time of predicting Jason Castro will be the one knocked out this week. I've got a guaranteed formula here: Keep predicting Castro each and every time, and either the guy will win it all or I'll be right! Eventually. :D

But seriously, I just don't see anything spectacular or great in his singing, never really have. Several others outshine him every time - this time the two Davids.
I think it's Jasons time as well, if not him it SHOULD be Paula!

Mr. P
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I am heart broken...my Brooke bit the dust. Oh well, it's gonno be a guy this yr.
either Cook or David A.

Yurt
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
jason (i'm pretty and have nothing btwn my ears) sucks and needs to go...good lord, he actually thinks he can sing bob marley, and last i checked reggae is not rock n roll

Mr. P
05-06-2008, 11:02 PM
jason (i'm pretty and have nothing btwn my ears) sucks and needs to go...good lord, he actually thinks he can sing bob marley, and last i checked reggae is not rock n roll

I think he self-eliminated tonight.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Poor Jason. I think Simon was a bit too harsh on him, even though he wasn't good. If the final two are anything but the two Davids, I will be shocked and very disappointed.

Yurt
05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I think he self-eliminated tonight.

actually, you have a pretty good point, my wife even said...its like he doesn't care and it did show. now that you mention it, he showed no reaction to the blazing critique of the man, the myth, the brit, simon.

Yurt
05-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Poor Jason. I think Simon was a bit too harsh on him, even though he wasn't good. If the final two are anything but the two Davids, I will be shocked and very disappointed.

my wife likes little david, i don't, i think syesha is better than him...and she's hot! so i want her around longer than him, need my eye candy...but the rocker david should win.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
my wife likes little david, i don't, i think syesha is better than him...and she's hot! so i want her around longer than him, need my eye candy...but the rocker david should win.

Really? Little David has an amazingly pure voice. The kid can sing anything and never misses note. I thought Simon hit it right on about Sywhatsha tonight: a screechy imitation of Tina Turner. I predict she will be the next to go after Jason.

I will guess tha David Cook will have the most lucrative career of them all whether he wins or loses. He has a really pleasing voice and is a believable rocker.

Yurt
05-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Really? Little David has an amazingly pure voice. The kid can sing anything and never misses note. I thought Simon hit it right on about Sywhatsha tonight: a screechy imitation of Tina Turner. I predict she will be the next to go after Jason.

I will guess tha David Cook will have the most lucrative career of them all whether he wins or loses. He has a really pleasing voice and is a believable rocker.

thats what my wife says, i don't know, his voice annoys me, i agree with you about notes, however, for some reason his voice annoys me.....and he is not eye candy :D

remie
05-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Yep...see post #49

Little-Acorn
05-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Yep, Jason Castro's out.... just like I predicted. :dance:

Archuleta will win due to his consistent excellence, he's had what, one bad night?

David Cook has come on very strong and is also excellent, but had a rocky start.

Syesha is good (and has a wonderful smile), but doesn't quite measure up to the two Davids this year. She'll be out next week unless one of the Davids falls on his face.

Mr. P
05-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Yep, Jason Castro's out.... just like I predicted. :dance:

Archuleta will win due to his consistent excellence, he's had what, one bad night?

David Cook has come on very strong and is also excellent, but had a rocky start.

Syesha is good (and has a wonderful smile), but doesn't quite measure up to the two Davids this year. She'll be out next week unless one of the Davids falls on his face.
Is it just me or was she subtly playing the race card on Tues.?

Mr. P
05-08-2008, 07:19 PM
thats what my wife says, i don't know, his voice annoys me, i agree with you about notes, however, for some reason his voice annoys me.....and he is not eye candy :D

Same here.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Is it just me or was she subtly playing the race card on Tues.?

Seemed that way to me, too.

Little-Acorn
05-14-2008, 07:44 PM
If they go by consistency since the show started and overall quality, Syesha is out tonight by a slim margin.

If they go strictly by last night's performance alone, Archuleta would be out. It would be a damned shame, he is the most consistently good singer/personality/etc.

David Cook has had repeated flashes of excellence. They have seemed out of character, but they have happened so often that maybe they ARE his character.

My prediction: Syesha gets the axe tonight. Too bad, she's the cutest (d'oh!).

Mr. P
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
If they go by consistency since the show started and overall quality, Syesha is out tonight by a slim margin.

If they go strictly by last night's performance alone, Archuleta would be out. It would be a damned shame, he is the most consistently good singer/personality/etc.

David Cook has had repeated flashes of excellence. They have seemed out of character, but they have happened so often that maybe they ARE his character.

I tend to agree.

Yurt
05-14-2008, 08:44 PM

i agree.....i can't stand looking at the small david, the rocker is alright, but without syesha....

i will say this in her defense (not biased or anything)... she puts it all into her performances, true, she likes to act and would be great on broadway, however, being on broadway is NOT against being an american idol. archuleta sounds the same, over and over and when he tries to "get into the music" and look "deep" into the cam....disturbing....my wife has finally tired of him :dance:

syesha, second, rocker dave first

Mr. P
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
What time do you left coasters see the show?

Yurt
05-14-2008, 09:36 PM
What time do you left coasters see the show?

thank you for asking....

9 PST

Mr. P
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
thank you for asking....

9 PST

That's what I thought..it's over here..I'll not tell..

Mr. P
05-15-2008, 04:43 PM
I think David Cook will win.

Yurt
05-15-2008, 05:13 PM
yes, he really should

gabosaurus
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
So is cute guy going to win? Certain he will be supported by the screaming tweens and all his fellow gay boys. :p

Mr. P
05-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Very good show tonight left coasters, don't miss it!

Yurt
05-20-2008, 11:01 PM
have to say, cook is my favorite, but i think little david did much better tonight....

oh cool reuban studdard's on

Mr. P
05-20-2008, 11:08 PM
have to say, cook is my favorite, but i think little david did much better tonight....

oh cool reuban studdard's on

I have to agree...the kid nailed it tonight.

Yurt
05-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I have to agree...the kid nailed it tonight.

yup, abbey was right on the tone, he hit all the right tones tonight, as if perfect.

i have to say, wife and i think cook kinda threw the match...made the comment in the beginning about it being over, then the first song was like he threw in the towel, 2nd better, third (regardless of simon) did very good. but he could have done much better. maybe he doesn't to be idol, wants to get out and cut a record.

Little-Acorn
05-21-2008, 05:38 PM
It's Archuleta by a nose. "Imagine" was a dangerous song choice, kind of a blah song. But his arrangement and terrific execution turned it into an asset.

Mr. P
05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
They both won, IMO. Never felt that way before...Good season of Idol. :cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
They both won, IMO. Never felt that way before...Good season of Idol. :cheers2:

It really was a great season. :clap:

Yurt
05-22-2008, 12:10 AM
AWESOME!!! that was the best finale ever. amazing. i am so glad cook won, he deserves it. i take it back that he threw it last night, he was very emotional tonight and this meant alot to him. when i saw all the songs he had to perform tonight, its no wonder his voice was a little tired last night, he deserves a big vacation.

best season, hands down. cook may be the first idol cd i buy.

Little-Acorn
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
It's Archuleta by a nose. "Imagine" was a dangerous song choice, kind of a blah song. But his arrangement and terrific execution turned it into an asset.

Well, I was wrong, by a lot. I really thought Archuleta had done the job. But it sounds like Cook won by a pretty good margin, 12 million votes out of 97.5 they said.

What the h*ll, they're both great singers. I still think Archuleta is the next Frank Sinatra as far as voice goes. He sings easily and sounds great, Cook has to work at it.

-Cp
05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
AMERICA GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME!!

That stupid little twit, Archuleta, looks like he belongs on the Mickey Mouse Club show... I can't tell you how glad I am that twit didn't win...

-Cp
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
All of Cook's songs in this video from the top-2 show..

<object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5hzew&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5hzew&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Direct link to MP3s (right click and select save as):

David Cook - Top 2 - I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (http://www.googlx.com/seven/davidc-01-2008-05-20.mp3)
David Cook - Top 2 - Dream Big (http://www.googlx.com/seven/davidc-02-2008-05-20.mp3)
David Cook - Top 2 - The World I Know (http://www.googlx.com/seven/davidc-03-2008-05-20.mp3)

-Cp
05-22-2008, 01:49 PM
David performing with ZZ Top:

<object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5if4q&#038;v3=1&#038;related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5if4q&#038;v3=1&#038;related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Are you guys going to have idol withdrawal since this glorified karaoke contest is over?

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Are you guys going to have idol withdrawal since this glorified karaoke contest is over?

Nah, my withdrawal will be for House and NCIS.

Yurt
05-22-2008, 03:06 PM

sacrilege ^

regulators ride....

http://images.allposters.com/images/mmph/222816.jpg

:laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
The cutie David is going to have the next laugh. He will be the next Clay Aiken-Hannah Montana hybrid, selling millions of albums to screaming tweens and lonely blue hairs.
The winning David will be a huge flop. Just like the last three AI winners have.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
The cutie David is going to have the next laugh. He will be the next Clay Aiken-Hannah Montana hybrid, selling millions of albums to screaming tweens and lonely blue hairs.
The winning David will be a huge flop. Just like the last three AI winners have.

Actually, Carrie Underwood is already the best-selling Idol winner of all time. She has a fantastic career going.

It may be too soon to know about last year's winner, Jordin Sparks. I forget whot the third winner was, which is probably telling.

I agree that David A. will do well.

-Cp
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Sorry but you're grossly mistaken... Cook is one of (if not the most) talented Idol winners ever - it's my prediction he'll be up there with Carrie Underwood in regards to album sales..

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who watches that.... stuff.... I just have a real problem with name of the program, "America *IDOL*." Now I don't know how many of you "IDOLIZE" these little twits, but I don't. Singing glorified karaoke is NOT something that would qualify someone as a person I would "IDOLIZE."

I haven't watched but a few seconds of it since it started years ago.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who watches that.... stuff.... I just have a real problem with name of the program, "America *IDOL*." Now I don't know how many of you "IDOLIZE" these little twits, but I don't. Singing glorified karaoke is NOT what quantifies someone I would "IDOLIZE."

I haven't watch but a few seconds of it since it started years ago.

Yea, it's a dumb name, but for most people I think it's just an entertaining horse race.

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Nah, my withdrawal will be for House and NCIS.

And the last two shows have been great!! Don't cha ya think?

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Yea, it's a dumb name, but for most people I think it's just an entertaining horse race.

I'd rather watch Discovery, or the History channel, or The Learning channel, etc.. Something interesting, or just shut the TV off and read a book.

Actually, Jeopardy is one of my favorite programs. I watch it every day.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
And the last two shows have been great!! Don't cha ya think?

They were fun. Honestly, I won't be really happy until the original three docs come back full time, and the newbies go bye bye. They just don't appeal to me.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd rather watch Discovery, or the History channel, or The Learning channel, etc.. Something interesting, or just shut the TV off and read a book.

Actually, Jeopardy is one of my favorite programs. I watch it every day.

How do you like the soft-spoken woman who won the last two nights? I really like her, and am wondering if we may have another Ken Jennings...

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who watches that.... stuff.... I just have a real problem with name of the program, "America *IDOL*." Now I don't know how many of you "IDOLIZE" these little twits, but I don't. Singing glorified karaoke is NOT something that would qualify someone as a person I would "IDOLIZE."

I haven't watched but a few seconds of it since it started years ago.

I don't think anyone here, cept maybe CP, "idolizes" any of them. It's more an appreciation of talent, and watching their struggle to the top.

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
How do you like the soft-spoken woman who won the last two nights? I really like her, and am wondering if we may have another Ken Jennings...
I was waiting for her to beat Ken Jennings one day winning record. The way she was betting earlier, I though she'd do it. Smart girl though.

I don't think anyone here, cept maybe CP, "idolizes" any of them. It's more an appreciation of talent, and watching their struggle to the top.
Hey, you're not alone for watching it. Millions do.

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
They were fun. Honestly, I won't be really happy until the original three docs come back full time, and the newbies go bye bye. They just don't appeal to me.

I liked the old crew better too.

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey, you're not alone for watching it. Millions do.

I've heard it was the most watched show in history..Maybe you even watch but just "don't tell". :poke: :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I've heard it was the most watched show in history..Maybe you even watch but just "don't tell". :poke: :laugh2:

Nope... couldn't tell you the name of even one of them, or what they look like, or what they sound like, not interested. They're not the kind of people I would "idolize."

-Cp
05-22-2008, 05:31 PM

eh??????????

Little-Acorn
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Singing glorified karaoke
That's like saying all wines taste the same (or all beers if you're a beer drinker).

I like the singing, and especially like seeing how hard the kids work to sing well. Once the top 12 get picked, the good parts start.

And there are a few who have real talent. Ramielle Malubay, David Archuleta, Bo Bice.

Try looking past the superficial fluff.

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 06:56 PM
That's like saying all wines taste the same (or all beers if you're a beer drinker).

I like the singing, and especially like seeing how hard the kids work to sing well. Once the top 12 get picked, the good parts start.

And there are a few who have real talent. Ramielle Malubay, David Archuleta, Bo Bice.

Try looking past the superficial fluff.

Hey... I don't hold anything against anybody that likes the show. I'm sure you find it entertaining for what ever reason.

To be honest, my aged parents watch it... :laugh: Course they still watch TV off an antenna, and their choices are pretty slim.

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey... I don't hold anything against anybody that likes the show. I'm sure you find it entertaining for what ever reason.

To be honest, my aged parents watch it... :laugh: Course they still watch TV off an antenna, and their choices are pretty slim.

Pale! Man! You don't watch the show why post in a thread you have no interest or knowledge in?

Just wondering. :poke:

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Pale! Man! You don't watch the show why post in a thread you have no interest or knowledge in?

Just wondering. :poke:

Well mfm... er... Mr. P, I thought I addressed that in post #101... :poke:

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Well mfm... er... Mr. P, I thought I addressed that in post #101... :poke:

Oh, OK you watched a few seconds...carry on. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, OK you watched a few seconds...carry on. :laugh2:

My TV will only change channels so fast... :laugh:

Mr. P
05-22-2008, 09:08 PM
My TV will only change channels so fast... :laugh:

:laugh2: Now THAT is the sign of a "true" channel surfer! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
:laugh2: Now THAT is the sign of a "true" channel surfer! :laugh2:

And the digital channels are even slower than the others... (analog), MUCH slower. You can't even hold down the button and make it fast change. Must have something to do with the increased amount of data in a digital signal... :dunno:

gabosaurus
05-22-2008, 11:42 PM
I would be more interested if AI was a real talent contest. But it is obviously not.
Because AI is television, it has to be entertaining. Which means there have to be contestants where writers can pen their pithy replies for Simon and clueless retorts for Paula.

I made a point to read some of the stories written about this year's AI. The majority of them agreed that some woman named Melinda was by far the best of this year's AI lot. But the AI insiders said she lacked personality and that the predominately young female audience/voters leaned toward the others.
Another talented performer was released because he did not "properly respect the judges." And he "wasn't enthusiastic enough."

Paula's gaffe a few weeks ago pointed out (again) that the show itself is scripted. Which may have backfired on cute David, since the judges were obviously favoring him over the last couple of episodes.

AI is good television. But it is rarely a barometer of talent.
Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have become big sellers. But two other success stories were not winners -- Clay Aiken and Daughtry.

The fate of other AI winners:
Ruben Studdard -- released two albums that didn't sell

Fantasia Barrino -- released two albums that didn't sell. Now concentrating on acting.

Taylor Hicks -- sold 700,000 albums, but no radio hits and no plans for a second album. Has committed an open-ended run in the play Grease.

Jordin Sparks -- debut album sold well. Left AI brass unhappy with her diva behavior on last season's AI tour. Canceled several dates on current tour due to throat problems.

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Well.... there IS a lot of people that get into it.....

Cook hometown celebrates 'Idol' win

2008-05-22 20:30:07
By ANDALE GROSS Associated Press Writer

BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. (AP) — The mood was surprisingly low-key Thursday at David Cook's high school a day after his "American Idol" win.

"I think everybody is celebrated-out from last night," said Angela Hart, who helped organize a viewing party of Cook fans on Wednesday, when the 25-year-old Blue Springs native beat teenage crooner David Archuleta by 12 million votes to become the seventh "American Idol".

Or it could be that the seniors were finished for the year on Wednesday.

In the front office, secretaries shared their memories of Cook and wore black T-shirts proclaiming him as the "American Idol" champion. "We've had David Cook enthusiasm here for weeks now," said secretary Karen Sturges, who was decorating an office bulletin board that will read "David Cook Is Our Idol" when she's through.

Blue Springs South activities director Mark Bubalo said school officials are waiting to hear from "Idol" organizers before planning an official celebration for Cook, who graduated from the school in 2001. But he said he did hear fireworks in his neighborhood after Cook was announced the winner.

"Usually that's reserved for the Super Bowl or World Series championship," he said. "But David Cook got the love last night."

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14658829&feedid=241

Little-Acorn
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Tonight I predict David Cook will be kicked out.

At last, a prediction I'm *sure* to win!!! He's the only one left!!! Heee hee hee

Only way he can stay in is if they cancel tonight's show or something.

:D

Mr. P
05-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Tonight I predict David Cook will be kicked out.

At last, a prediction I'm *sure* to win!!! He's the only one left!!! Heee hee hee

Only way he can stay in is if they cancel tonight's show or something.

:D

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Can you make it until January? :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
What happened to tonight's show????

We Wuz Robbed!!!