PDA

View Full Version : Taking day off for football costs Dems credibility

KarlMarx
01-11-2007, 11:58 AM
House Democrats lost considerable credibility yesterday when their opening session was cancelled so that members could attend the Ohio State-Florida State football game.

This is not a joke.

It is, however, a blunt metaphor for how genuinely out of touch the members of Congress really are. How many other Americans do you suppose were given the same perk? A day off because of an evening football game? And how many school kids would like to have time off to watch their own favorite teams? What kind of message is the House leadership sending?

Is it that they don’t get how bad it looks, or that they don’t care?

http://thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/Comment/DickMorris/011007.html

Gee... ya think?

MtnBiker
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Is it that they don’t get how bad it looks, or that they don’t care?

They don't care.

01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
So much for the first 100 hours....

I think the real question i have is why was the game so important to them? I mean yeah its allegedly the two best college teams playing. Not saying it wouldnt be a great day. But Im willing to bet most of the Congress dont have any sort of connection with the teams. So why get off for them?

Does this mean they are going to take off baseball season to support their local teams? I mean that would give them all summer.

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 03:39 PM
It's already proving to be a lame duck congress. Another two years of do nothing and foolishness. There's going to be a major shake up in conress in 08.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I have a different take on it. Any day that Bela Pelosi and her gang are not in session is a good, productive day for our country. :cool:

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I have a different take on it. Any day that Bela Pelosi and her gang are not in session is a good, productive day for our country. :cool:

You know, that makes sense.

01-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Oh i completely agree. But that doesnt mean it doesnt show their incompetence.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh i completely agree. But that doesnt mean it doesnt show their incompetence.

It shows something, alright. And it ain't good.