PDA

View Full Version : Good reason to drink!

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Via e-mail..........:cheers2:

Beer Fights Cancer

Researchers are always looking for the magic bullet to kill cancer, and now they may have found it in a surprising place — a glass of beer! (Who knew?) It turns out that hops, which is the flavor component of beer, contains a cancer-fighting compound called xanthohumol.

Xanthohumol turns out to be toxic to several kinds of human cancer, including prostate, ovarian, breast, and colon. Further, it inhibits enzymes that can activate the development of cancer, and also helps detoxify carcinogens. It even seems to slow down tumor growth in the early stages. Scientists are trying to produce hops that contain even more xanthohumol, and the Germans are racing to develop a “health” beer.

But wait – there’s more! Other compounds in hops are potent phytoestrogens which may help with post-menopausal hot flashes and also prevent osteoporosis.

Beers that provide the most benefits contain the most hops, and include strong brews such as ale, stout, and porter. In general, the darker the beer, the better. For those who can’t stand beer, herbal supplements made from hops contain the highest concentrations of beneficial elements.

hjmick
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
You needed a reason to drink beer? :confused:

Mr. P
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
You needed a reason to drink beer? :confused:

Well..........................no. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm drinking a Guiness every day for my health from now until I die... at age 107! :D

MtnBiker
03-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Hmmm beer, I've been drinking St Pauli Girl lately ohhh good beer.

Pale Rider
04-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Hmmm beer, I've been drinking St Pauli Girl lately ohhh good beer.

That's good beer. I've been on a Coors kick lately. Tastes good out of a long neck. Harps is still my favorite though, but I like the dark beers. I never knew they were so good for me. Had a few Becks Dark the other day, and love the Bass Ale, and Michelob Amber Bock.

Great find on the article Mr. P... :beer:... :laugh:

5stringJeff
04-06-2008, 03:14 PM
My latest drink of choice is Black and Sam: bottom half Sam Adams, top half Guiness. I had 7(?) last night. I had a huge headache this morning.

Pale Rider
04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
My latest drink of choice is Black and Sam: bottom half Sam Adams, top half Guiness. I had 7(?) last night. I had a huge headache this morning.

Yeah I've got a friend that likes those. A "Black and Tan" is what he calls it. It's Guiness and whatever else. 7? Hell I'd call that a good start... :laugh:

Gotta throw in a few shots of Jameson with those Jeff. Heck just do Car Bombs... :D

trobinett
04-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't need no reason to drink............:cheers2:

5stringJeff
04-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah I've got a friend that likes those. A "Black and Tan" is what he calls it. It's Guiness and whatever else. 7? Hell I'd call that a good start... :laugh:

Gotta throw in a few shots of Jameson with those Jeff. Heck just do Car Bombs... :D

I did take a shot of Jim Beam early in the evening. :thumb: