PDA

View Full Version : Koreans unhappy with rat head snack

gabosaurus
03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
While getting my daily update on the "baby in the microwave" story, I saw this wonderful piece of news.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5634531.html

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Crunchy I'll bet! Yum! When did they stop eating rats over there?

gabosaurus
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I think dogs and cats are the preferred food of choice now. You can find dog recipes on line.

Classact
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I think dogs and cats are the preferred food of choice now. You can find dog recipes on line.I spent several years in Korea and they don't have cats... they apparently dislike cats and as a result there are a lot of rats but they are not normally eaten. While doing some sightseeing on the rough east coast we stopped at a rest area and the guy had four cats in a cage and charged admission to see them... other than that I've never seen a cat in Korea.

I used to have some pictures of butchered dogs, one with a German Shepard head with cut up parts around it in a market... the woman selling it chased me off with a meat cleaver. You can't accidentally eat dog meat because it costs double or more than beef, it's considered a delicacy.

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I spent several years in Korea and they don't have cats... they apparently dislike cats and as a result there are a lot of rats but they are not normally eaten. While doing some sightseeing on the rough east coast we stopped at a rest area and the guy had four cats in a cage and charged admission to see them... other than that I've never seen a cat in Korea.

I used to have some pictures of butchered dogs, one with a German Shepard head with cut up parts around it in a market... the woman selling it chased me off with a meat cleaver. You can't accidentally eat dog meat because it costs double or more than beef, it's considered a delicacy.

A good friend of mine told me a story about his dog that disappeared in Vietnam.

The dogs name was Mi-Nu. One day my friend said he couldn't find the dog anywhere. He asked his Vietnamese hooch "maid" about the dog. According to him she said "Mi-Nu, #1 chop-chop". He never did find the dog.