PDA

View Full Version : I've Been SPAMMED By John McCain...

Pale Rider
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Got this sent to my yahoo email address. As far as I know, I'm not on any damn mccain email list. This is spam, and I reported it to yahoo as such...

March 18, 2008

Mr. X X,

Dear Mr. X;

Thank you for contacting me regarding border security. I appreciate knowing your views.

As you probably know, the Secure Fence Act of 2006, P.L. 109-367, directs the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to provide and install 700 miles of reinforced fencing along our southern border. I voted for the Secure Fence Act, which passed the Senate by a vote of 80-19 on September 29, 2006. It was signed into law on October 26, 2006. According to the DHS Secretary, the fencing initiative is scheduled to be completed by October 2011.

We need to ensure the Department of Homeland Security has all the resources it needs for border security. That is why I have cosponsored amendments to the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill and the Department of Defense Appropriations bill that would add an additional $3 billion in emergency funding for border security. These amendments were included in the Fiscal Year 2008 Omnibus appropriations measure. This legislation, which provides $1.2 billion for border security fencing and $3 billion in emergency funding for border security, passed the full Senate on December 18, 2007. It was signed into law on December 26, 2007.

In addition to putting more assets along the border, we need to improve interior enforcement and put employers on notice that the practice of hiring illegal workers is unacceptable and that law breakers will be prosecuted. Both interior enforcement and border security are addressed extensively in S. 1984, the Immigration Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2007, which I joined Senators Kyl, Cornyn, Graham, Martinez, Sessions, and Specter in introducing on August 2, 2007. This legislation has been referred to the Senate Finance Committee.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other issue of interest to you.

Sincerely,
John McCain

United States Senator

JM/dba

theHawk
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Do you have a problem with the contents of the message? I think it might be a good sign of McCain pulling his head out of his ass about the issue.

Pale Rider
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Do you have a problem with the contents of the message? I think it might be a good sign of McCain pulling his head out of his ass about the issue.

No... as the thread title indicates, I have a problem with being spammed by mccain.

But to comment on the email, though it does have an encouraging message seeing as it's supposed to be from mccain, there STILL is NO MENTION of NO AMNESTY. The one thing that mccain stays far away from. Why? Because he's all for amnesty, and he avoids the very mention of the word with frenzy.