PDA

View Full Version : "When life or death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away."

Little-Acorn
03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Sure, people don't need weapons for self-defense in their homes. The police can protect us just fine.

Right?

-------------------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CA_911_KILLING_CAOL-?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Woman shot to death while on phone with 911 dispatcher

WEST COVINA, Calif. (AP) -- A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.

Deputies arrived at the Cameron Avenue mansion, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's 11:40 a.m. call.

The woman, a female Asian adult, had been shot several times. Paramedics announced her dead at the scene.

While police were investigating the shooting, a man arrived at the home asking about his wife.

When he heard that the woman had been shot and killed, he collapsed and started to cry, saying "No! She just called me. You lie."

The man was placed in a patrol car and taken to a local sheriff's station, West Covina police said.

No arrests had been made, deputies said Thursday morning.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

hjmick
03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
This was at the top of the local news last night. Tragic. The first words my wife uttered about it? She thanked me for buying a gun and teaching her how to use it.

Little-Acorn
03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Have to wonder if this guy, or his wife, were convinced that guns were too eeeevil to have around the house. Such sentiments are what the anti-gun-rights lobby have been trying to instill for years.

Looks like they can claim at least partial credit for this woman's death.

diuretic
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Have to wonder if this guy, or his wife, were convinced that guns were too eeeevil to have around the house. Such sentiments are what the anti-gun-rights lobby have been trying to instill for years.

Looks like they can claim at least partial credit for this woman's death.

Credit? If you want to play that game you may ask yourself about the weapon used. It was a firearm right? And firearms are quite freely available, right? So the murderer (interesting that her husband turned up afterwards, not saying he did it but I'd be looking right at him) used a firearm. Now, if you want to blame the gun control folks go ahead but it's not that bright. If firearms weren't available then she wouldn't have been shot. Yes I know, she would have been stabbed to death or bludgeoned to death. I could play with this right back to the firearms manufacturer but I won't, no need.

Anyway, this stinks. Why this house? Why would an intruder burst in and shoot her? You think it's random? I don't.

On edit: Burglary/housebreaking is usually conducted by offenders who wish no contact with occupants. Robbery has to be conducted face to face and a weapon is usually used to facilitate the robbery. This one stinks to high heaven. If it's a stranger intruder murder then I will be very, very surprised.

Joe Steel
03-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Gun lust is a dangerous thing.

OPA-LOCKA, Fla. (AP) -- Miami-Dade Police are investigating the death of an 11-year-old boy apparently struck by bullets fired into a trash bin.

Police say Zenon Fernandez fired his semiautomatic weapon into a piece of old furniture discarded in the bin outside an Opa-Locka apartment building late Monday night.

According to a police report, Joshua Arroliga was behind the furniture. The boy was struck by the shots fired and died at the scene.

11-year-old killed by bullets fired into trash bin (http://www3.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI72035/)

Dilloduck
03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Gun lust is a dangerous thing.

Better tell your avatar to be careful where he aims that rivet gun.

Monkeybone
03-21-2008, 07:39 AM
that's not gun lust Joe. that is a retard that didn't have a proper back stop.

that is like saying someone that backed up without looking and hit someone has vehicular lust. very nice. :clap:

Little-Acorn
03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
The facts usually don't suit little joe's agenda. So he makes up things like "gun lust" and hopes somebody will believe that instead.

Kathianne
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
http://news.findlaw.com/ap/other/1110//03-20-2008/20080320105002_06.html

Calif. Woman Slain on the Phone With 911

WEST COVINA, Calif. (AP) - A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence. She was shot to death.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.
Click here to find out more!

Deputies arrived at the house, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's late morning call...

Hagbard Celine
03-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Who says people don't need weapons for defending their homes?

hjmick
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM

More people than I care to count.

Monkeybone
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM

yah she was asian...she didn't have a katana or something? jackie chan and bruce lee that guy.