PDA

View Full Version : massive ear ache

Yurt
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
yesterday i woke up and had this awful ear ache and it felt like my ear was plugged. then the other ear started to feel that way, felt like i was in a tunnel, threw my equilibrium off, but i had summary adjudication due. well, today, it is worse, so i stayed home. if i move, i feel like i'm going to fall down.

any suggestions.

Classact
03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
yesterday i woke up and had this awful ear ache and it felt like my ear was plugged. then the other ear started to feel that way, felt like i was in a tunnel, threw my equilibrium off, but i had summary adjudication due. well, today, it is worse, so i stayed home. if i move, i feel like i'm going to fall down.

any suggestions.Go to a doctor. When I was in my 20's I had the same thing and had a wax buildup. I used Qtips but when they flushed my ears gobs of was came out in the pan... Go get it checked, horny men produce large quantities of ear wax.

Pale Rider
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, go to the doc, now. If it is a wax build up, they can fix you up real quick. If you ignore it, it could turn into an inner ear infection or something and you could lose your hearing, and you don't want that.

dan
03-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I think your other ear is probably compensating for the the hurt one, my ears get mucho wax buildup, and I always get that "tunnel hearing" that you're talking about. Hopefully that's all it is, because like Pale said, it's an easy fix.

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, go to the doc. I'd say do er yer self cept...if your equilibrium is off it ain't just wax, that's inner-ear stuff.

manu1959
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
well you are so full of shit i wouldn't be surprised if it is backing up into your ears....

stephanie
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Sounds like either a sinus infection or ear infections..

gotta go to the doc for those..

Yurt
03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Go to a doctor. When I was in my 20's I had the same thing and had a wax buildup. I used Qtips but when they flushed my ears gobs of was came out in the pan... Go get it checked, horny men produce large quantities of ear wax.

well that explains it. i hate going to the doctor. but alright, the consensus is clear, if this is not better by tomorrow, i'll go.

well you are so full of shit i wouldn't be surprised if it is backing up into your ears....

http://jaced.com/blogpix/clapper-01.jpg

dan
03-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, go to the doc. I'd say do er yer self cept...if your equilibrium is off it ain't just wax, that's inner-ear stuff.

Actually, I've had wax buildup bad enough to the point that it affected my equilibrium. I guess the was was actually pressing against the eardrum or something.

Little-Acorn
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Doctor. Now. Call. Go.

Hagbard Celine
03-20-2008, 03:31 PM

Hahahahahaha

jackass
03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
My wife just had the symptons you are describing. Turned out to be an ear infection. She actually had blisters on her ear drums! Go to the doctor.

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Actually, I've had wax buildup bad enough to the point that it affected my equilibrium. I guess the was was actually pressing against the eardrum or something.

But yer just a puss, Dan. Just kiddin..

Seriously, ear stuff is something every pilot is VERY aware of, and ear problem can end a career.

That's why I said..."it ain't just wax". Wax sure can affect the inner ear and equilibrium, when it does it's pretty damn severe. So, if it is the cause it should be dealt with by a doc. They have cool tools to dig that stuff out. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
well that explains it. i hate going to the doctor. but alright, the consensus is clear, if this is not better by tomorrow, i'll go.

http://jaced.com/blogpix/clapper-01.jpg

in the mean time---heating pad !!!!!!

Yurt
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
in the mean time---heating pad !!!!!!

well, manu's joke could use one, but how does that apply to me.....

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
well, manu's joke could use one, but how does that apply to me.....

well for one thing, put it on your ear instead of your ass :laugh2:

Yurt
03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
well for one thing, put it on your ear instead of your ass :laugh2:

damn, i thought "hot ass" was a compliment

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
damn, i thought "hot ass" was a compliment

might have been if it came from John Doe or something :laugh2:

Yurt
03-20-2008, 04:41 PM
btw, i feel a slight draining in the left ear. spent time diving/snorkeling in my early twenties, and i did make a mistake of going to deep on snorkle and so had to ascend rapidly, freaked me out, but was almost deaf for 2 days in the left ear. never had a problem since, but this feels almost like it. the problem started in the left ear too. seriously, i feel like i went diving two days ago, ear plugs up, the other starts, then drain on the 3rd day.

its a weird feeling.

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 04:45 PM
btw, i feel a slight draining in the left ear. spent time diving/snorkeling in my early twenties, and i did make a mistake of going to deep on snorkle and so had to ascend rapidly, freaked me out, but was almost deaf for 2 days in the left ear. never had a problem since, but this feels almost like it. the problem started in the left ear too. seriously, i feel like i went diving two days ago, ear plugs up, the other starts, then drain on the 3rd day.

its a weird feeling.

Heat will help with that drainage. If you have drainage it IS an infection.

Yurt
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Heat will help with that drainage. If you have drainage it IS an infection.

what? it went away before. by drainage i mean, this weird feeling like something is loose, but not really, nothing coming out my ear, just checked, just like i feel this loosening. btw, i can twist my nose and pop that ear, then it goes back to dull.

Hagbard Celine
03-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Use an ear candle. It will draw all the wax out of your ear canal.

Yurt
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Use an ear candle. It will draw all the wax out of your ear canal.

sorry my ear is plugged somewhat, did you say .... you are an ass canal?

JohnDoe
03-20-2008, 05:27 PM
GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW.... :) (sorry to be so bossy)

DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF!!!!!

This is what you have....so it seems, my mother in law had it and you described what happened to her Yurt.

Columbia Encyclopedia

Vertigo- vûr'tĭgō,

sensations of moving in space or of objects moving about a person and the resultant difficulty in maintaining equilibrium. True vertigo, as distinguished from faintness, lightheadedness, and other forms of dizziness, occurs as a result of a disturbance of some part of the body's balancing mechanism, located in the inner ear (e.g., vestibule, semicircular canals, auditory nerves). Labyrinthitis, or infection and irritation of the middle and inner ear, is a common cause of vertigo. Elimination of infectious, toxic, or environmental factors underlying the disturbance is essential for permanent relief.

jd

Little-Acorn
03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
You've been feeling this pain for two days, and complaining about it here for four hours now, everyone has replied that you should see a doctor for it immediately, and YOU STILL HAVEN'T GONE?

I guess you weren't serious. My apologies for being taken in.

Yurt
03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW.... :) (sorry to be so bossy)

DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF!!!!!

This is what you have....so it seems, my mother in law had it and you described what happened to her Yurt.

jd

i can still type. just dizzy a little getting up. i feel like the draining is actually aleviating the ache, tho a wee woosy.

please don't freak me out with doctors. my mother is an audiologist, if i really want a doctor, i could call her, but then she will call my wife and make her drive me to san diego to get me checked out.

hence my needed suggestions here. which, appear, that i may call my mommy. good lord.

The Reverend
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
GO
TO
THE
DOCTOR
NOW

Pale Rider
03-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Sometimes waiting is NOT the right thing to do. If it was me, I'd be down to urgent care, now.

JohnDoe
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
i can still type. just dizzy a little getting up. i feel like the draining is actually aleviating the ache, tho a wee woosy.

please don't freak me out with doctors. my mother is an audiologist, if i really want a doctor, i could call her, but then she will call my wife and make her drive me to san diego to get me checked out.

hence my needed suggestions here. which, appear, that i may call my mommy. good lord.
It goes in and out....you won't always be dizzy...please do not drive, you do not know when it will happen.

My mother in law took 2 months for her to rid herself of it, with anti biotics and all....

it will get worse if you do not treat it....that is how it usually is with Ear infections, and honestly, you don't want to mess with them...they can be more painful than a wicked sore throat or tonsilitis....and they are all connected together, the ear infection can pass to all of the outher areas that connect to the sinuses I believe?

Are you running a fever Yurt? maybe it is just build up if your temperature hasn't risen but still....

Why don't you just call a doctor that works in your neighborhood and get in with him instead of going to the hospital....? He shou;ld be able to tell what it is....

jd

The Reverend
03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Not to mention your ear drum could rupture and get and yes it could spread and become worse. Not to mention the fluid could drain to your lungs causing pneumonia.

Yurt
03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll let you know tomorrow morning if i am ok. until then, i am NOT going to the doctor. last time i went i payed a copay just to tell him what anti biotic to give me. seriously, he was, ummm, stuff, i said i need this because of this... ok.

trust me, i know if i need a doctor. i was hoping for home remedies.

Little-Acorn
03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, you don't need your hearing to type and read on a computer, so I guess it's no big deal after all.

You didn't have any other life where it might still be needed, did you?

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 07:16 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll let you know tomorrow morning if i am ok. until then, i am NOT going to the doctor. last time i went i payed a copay just to tell him what anti biotic to give me. seriously, he was, ummm, stuff, i said i need this because of this... ok.

trust me, i know if i need a doctor. i was hoping for home remedies.

Oh well hell, why didn't you just say so?

When you go to bed stick a carrot up yer ass. In the morning if yer ear hurts more that yer ass....call the Doctor! :slap:

stephanie
03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh well hell, why didn't you just say so?

When you go to bed stick a carrot up yer ass. In the morning if yer ear hurts more that yer ass....call the Doctor! :slap:

:lmao:

jimnyc
03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I can only reiterate what the others have said already, get to a doctor for some antibiotics before the pain worsens!

Right before I left Georgia last year I developed an earache. I was popping aspirin like candy and taking "Goody's" (powdered pain reliever) in my iced tea every hour or so. Then I drove for about 14hrs straight and felt like my brains were trying to squeeze out through my ear (like when I read TM's posts).

I tried ointment, pain relievers, candle waxing and every drop known to man. I finally saw the doctor a day after getting back to Mom's in NJ and they gave me some antibiotic pills. I was nearly deaf in that ear by now and there was a constant humming sound. It took 2 days for the pain to subside and about 2 weeks before it was back to normal!

Get to the damn doctor!!

manu1959
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
i wouldn't worry about it ....it is probably justa brain tumor.....

dan
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/JoeyTapes/KindergardenCop16.jpg

IT'S NOT A TUMAH!