PDA

View Full Version : Government run health care

Sitarro
03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Sounds great doesn't it? I can't wait.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead
Thursday, March 20, 2008

A German retiree is taking a hospital to court after she went in for a leg operation and got a new anus instead, the Daily Telegraph is reporting.

The woman woke up to find she had been mixed up with another patient suffering from incontinence who was to have surgery on her sphincter.

Click hear Dr. Manny talk about medical errors.

The clinic in Hochfranken, Bavaria, has since suspended the surgical team.

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 04:39 PM

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A German retiree is taking a hospital to court after she went in for a leg operation and got a new anus instead, the Daily Telegraph is reporting.

The woman woke up to find she had been mixed up with another patient suffering from incontinence who was to have surgery on her sphincter.

Ya know, it seems to me that it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to identify a healthy sphincter (ass hole) from an unhealthy one. So either they weren't paying attention or the government health care system is allowing IDIOTS to practice medicine...either way it's a sign of things to come. Then again I think we already kill 100,000 per/yr here due to mistakes.

Sitarro
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Ya know, it seems to me that it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to identify a healthy sphincter (ass hole) from an unhealthy one. So either they weren't paying attention or the government health care system is allowing IDIOTS to practice medicine...either way it's a sign of things to come. Then again I think we already kill 100,000 per/yr here due to mistakes.

Earlier this year I hyper-extended my left arm, snapping the distal biceps tendon at the radius bone...... ouch. I went in to have the tendon reattached 4 weeks ago..... routine surgery, done all the time...... the surgery supposedly went well. One small problem, my left hand is numb and doesn't respond to commands. I can grip with some strength but can't stretch out my fingers. The surgeon thinks they may have pinched a nerve when they used a retractor to hold open the incision during the surgery, he says it should come back...... should! You really don't know how much you use both hands for the simpliste things until you don't have the use of one. My heart goes out to those guys in the service that come back missing body parts, it helps keep me from feeling sorry for myself.

diuretic
03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes this happens all the time in European health care sytems, stories like this every day, I don't even know why this one was reported so widely given that it happens, whoa, every few hours, okay make that every few minutes, it's just burgeoning out of control.....:lol:

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Earlier this year I hyper-extended my left arm, snapping the distal biceps tendon at the radius bone...... ouch. I went in to have the tendon reattached 4 weeks ago..... routine surgery, done all the time...... the surgery supposedly went well. One small problem, my left hand is numb and doesn't respond to commands. I can grip with some strength but can't stretch out my fingers. The surgeon thinks they may have pinched a nerve when they used a retractor to hold open the incision during the surgery, he says it should come back...... should! You really don't know how much you use both hands for the simpliste things until you don't have the use of one. My heart goes out to those guys in the service that come back missing body parts, it helps keep me from feeling sorry for myself.
I know just what you mean. I broke my my right shoulder a few yrs ago. I couldn't use my right arm at all, I'm right handed. It was a learning experience for sure. Reminds me of that song lyric..."you don't know what ya got till it's gone". It's so true. It's all back now, but it took more than a year. A yr I'll not forget.

manu1959
03-20-2008, 09:35 PM
break some ribs some time......can't use your body........

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
break some ribs some time......can't use your body........

Soccer players are such PUSSIES! :laugh2::poke:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Soccer players are such PUSSIES! :laugh2::poke:

It's from falling down, pretending that they got fouled.....or something like that!

manu1959
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
It's from falling down, pretending that they got fouled.....or something like that!

you fuckers couldn't survive the terraces much less a match.....:laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM

I've no doubt you would run circles around me, and kick my shins with impunity. I have never played the game, since there weren't enough girls in my high school to field a team....

...but I have seen the girls play on TV a couple of times...even from far off exotic lands where they talk funny, too....kind of reminds me of the entertainment I used to get when I was a kid on Saturday mornings watching ALL Star Rasslin.....only the picture is clearer now, but I still can't figure out how they plan the winners......:laugh2:

manu1959
03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I've no doubt you would run circles around me, and kick my shins with impunity. I have never played the game, since there weren't enough girls in my high school to field a team....

...but I have seen the girls play on TV a couple of times...even from far off exotic lands where they talk funny, too....kind of reminds me of the entertainment I used to get when I was a kid on Saturday mornings watching ALL Star Rasslin.....only the picture is clearer now, but I still can't figure out how they plan the winners......:laugh2:

:clap::clap::clap:

Mr. P
03-20-2008, 09:54 PM

Oh man! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: the knee high socks are so cool too!

diuretic
03-20-2008, 11:13 PM

Send 'em to a home game at Millwall...."super Millwall":laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Send 'em to a home game at Millwall...."super Millwall":laugh2:

Do the girls like cookies after the game? I can bring some sugar pastry puffs?

diuretic
03-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Do the girls like cookies after the game? I can bring some sugar pastry puffs?

At Millwall? Millwall supporters? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

http://www.millwall-history.co.uk/Millwallversusthemob.htm

"We are Millwall, super Millwall,
People hate us
We don't care"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r28SE0mUGjM

Just for the record, I am not, nor have I ever been a Millwall supporter :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6nYSHhv8g&feature=related

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Government regulation of health care works quite well and costs the consumers much less than in America in many countries such as Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, in fact all of the western European countries, and in other areas such as Cuba, Venezuela, even Brazil.

Don't give me your sound bites as argument. I require a more comprehensive overview, if you don't mind.

Trigg
05-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Government regulation of health care works quite well and costs the consumers much less than in America in many countries such as Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, in fact all of the western European countries, and in other areas such as Cuba, Venezuela, even Brazil.

Don't give me your sound bites as argument. I require a more comprehensive overview, if you don't mind.

We've gone over this more times than I can count.

Do you have any family members who live in Europe with gov. run health care???????????

Do you know personally how "well" they work?????????

My sister lives in Finland with "wonderful" gov. run healthcare. Ask me what I think of it.

manu1959
05-10-2008, 08:30 PM

name one thing the american govt runs well.....

Psychoblues
05-12-2008, 11:46 PM
The TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 4.2 cents a kilowatt hour, the United States Postal Service 41 cents for a letter to anywhere important, The Veterans Administration that provides better care than any contractor would for quadruple the price, how much more do you need?

name one thing the american govt runs well.....

Your bitching about the government falls on deaf ears for those informed enough to actually know about it.

theHawk
05-13-2008, 08:20 AM
A federal government takeover of health care would be unconsitutional. But when has that stopped liberals?

Psychoblues
05-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Unconstitutional is your argument? I haven't heard that yet. What is your argument in that regard?

theHawk
05-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Unconstitutional is your argument? I haven't heard that yet. What is your argument in that regard?

Oh, my mistake. Perhaps you could point out in the Constitution where it gives the federal government the authority to take over the private health care industry, or interfere with privite citizens health care choices.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 11:10 AM
The TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 4.2 cents a kilowatt hour, the United States Postal Service 41 cents for a letter to anywhere important, The Veterans Administration that provides better care than any contractor would for quadruple the price, how much more do you need?
Your bitching about the government falls on deaf ears for those informed enough to actually know about it.

so one energy company.....that fact that maybe a letter will arrive somewhere in a week.....and the VA is all fixed now.....just a few weeks ago bush had run they system into the ground and turned his back on our troops.....my my he fixed that quick.....

guess that settles it......govt health care...govt job.....govt retirement fund.....soon they will buy your food and pay for your gasoline.....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Thursday, March 20, 2008

This must be proof positive that the SYSTEM is what failed! It couldn't have been a case of human error! No! It must've been those evil, baby-eating, green-skinned LIBS and their global conspiracy to make everything BAD!
Wrong (as always).
Read it and weep: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/75403/surgery_mistakes_slipups_are_more_common.html
Also read: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/11856.php
And stop being such a cretin.

Mr. P
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
This must be proof positive that the SYSTEM is what failed!

It is proof.

Ask me about the sobbing social security disability client I just talked to for 30 minutes because her cardiologist just refused to treat her any longer...because she can't pay all the fee at once. She's dieing! She's waiting for SSI...she's been waiting 3 yrs now. She has at least one yr before a hearing, maybe two, she'll die before that. Tell me how great a GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE SYSTEM will be.