PDA

View Full Version : What Obama really meant...

hjmick
03-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Barack did a five minute radio interview on a Philadelphia sports station this morning and, when asked about the comments he made concerning his grandmother, he took the opportunity to clear things up for us:

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity," he said. "But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way." (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sports_breaking/20080320_Obama_wows_radio_sports_jocks.html)

A "typical white person?" When I see someone on the street I don't know I either say "Hey," give them a nod, or I have no reation whatsoever. I consider myself to be a "typical white person." What gives? Based on this clarification, Jesse Jackson should be considered a "typical white person."

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody White and feel relieved.” - Jesse Jackson

stephanie
03-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Oops...I hate that when what you're "really" thinking slips through, when you wanted to say something else.....:coffee:

hjmick
03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
I see that Cocky has started a thread on this topic. Perhaps a merge is in order?

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Barack did a five minute radio interview on a Philadelphia sports station this morning and, when asked about the comments he made concerning his grandmother, he took the opportunity to clear things up for us:

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity," he said. "But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way." (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sports_breaking/20080320_Obama_wows_radio_sports_jocks.html)

A "typical white person?" When I see someone on the street I don't know I either say "Hey," give them a nod, or I have no reation whatsoever. I consider myself to be a "typical white person." What gives? Based on this clarification, Jesse Jackson should be considered a "typical white person."

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody White and feel relieved.” - Jesse Jackson

a reaction BRED into us !!! no less :laugh2:

hjmick
03-20-2008, 09:05 PM
a reaction BRED into us !!! no less :laugh2:

It's all about breeding, you know...

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
It's all about breeding, you know...

I think Hillary and Obama need to have another debate --solely on the race and gender issue. :laugh2:

CockySOB
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I think Hillary and Obama need to have another debate --solely on the race and gender issue. :laugh2:

Which minority will be "more equal" than the other (the paraphrase George Orwell)?

That would be a fun debate to watch. And as we even see some moderate Democrat pundits opine, if Hillary wins the nomination, the black vote may stay home; and, if Obama wins the nominations the white moderates could stay home. And I imagine no matter which ways it goes, McCain will pick up some of the losing candidate's supporters out of pure spite.

Get the barbecue lit and the beer iced down, it's gonna be an entertaining several months!
:laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Which minority will be "more equal" than the other (the paraphrase George Orwell)?

That would be a fun debate to watch. And as we even see some moderate Democrat pundits opine, if Hillary wins the nomination, the black vote may stay home; and, if Obama wins the nominations the white moderates could stay home. And I imagine no matter which ways it goes, McCain will pick up some of the losing candidate's supporters out of pure spite.

Get the barbecue lit and the beer iced down, it's gonna be an entertaining several months!
:laugh2:

Hillary can't even get any traction with gender inequality----Obama's race whining has the momentum on this one. Anyone ready for four years of racial bullshit EVERY DAMN DAY ??????????? :puke3:

Classact
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I peed my pants when I first saw a black man up close. I was seven years old. My dad and grandfather had a dairy that bottled fresh milk and delivered it to Charleston, WV... He would tell my older brother and me about delivering milk early in Charleston and seeing N's fighting with strait razors and said one time he saw one cut another's stomach and his guts fell out on the ground... he laughed and said the N's eyes got big, and he picked up his guts in both hands and ran away... We lived in a segregated county and my dad was poor so he took us to an integrated town to the N barber... My dad gave him fifty cent and he pointed toward me with his big fat lips and said next just as he pulled out the strait razor and started sharpening it on a leather strap...

I never felt fear of blacks after that once I had it figured out.

I was thinking about the reverends talking about a taxi passing by blacks and thought about Korea... In Korea it was quite common for a taxi to not pick up blacks because they would get out and run when they got to the base and not pay.

Dilloduck
03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
I peed my pants when I first saw a black man up close. I was seven years old. My dad and grandfather had a dairy that bottled fresh milk and delivered it to Charleston, WV... He would tell my older brother and me about delivering milk early in Charleston and seeing N's fighting with strait razors and said one time he saw one cut another's stomach and his guts fell out on the ground... he laughed and said the N's eyes got big, and he picked up his guts in both hands and ran away... We lived in a segregated county and my dad was poor so he took us to an integrated town to the N barber... My dad gave him fifty cent and he pointed toward me with his big fat lips and said next just as he pulled out the strait razor and started sharpening it on a leather strap...

I never felt fear of blacks after that once I had it figured out.

I was thinking about the reverends talking about a taxi passing by blacks and thought about Korea... In Korea it was quite common for a taxi to not pick up blacks because they would get out and run when they got to the base and not pay.

I can show Obama parts of Austin that even HE can't walk thru......how much longer do you think America can lie to itself about this one?

ib1yysguy
03-21-2008, 01:26 AM
You have to wonder what was in the [...] part that was omitted from his quote.

Pale Rider
03-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I can show Obama parts of Austin that even HE can't walk thru......how much longer do you think America can lie to itself about this one?

I think plenty of people of have figured out hussein is a liar and attended a racist church for twenty years, and they no longer support him. It's those other knot heads like mfm and tm that still have the stars in their eyes that refuse to see the truth. Their messiah just isn't what they put all their faith in. Their dreams have been crushed and they just can't deal with it. People are laughing at them for being so blind and living in denial, but, that's their problem I guess.

Classact
03-21-2008, 06:59 AM
You have to wonder what was in the [...] part that was omitted from his quote.Welcome, I like your username... for your question three dots mean I've either said something profound, changed a thought, farted, picked my nose or just hate the period button because it reminds me of tampons.