PDA

View Full Version : Obama Speech Causes Mass Weeping Epidemic in Leftwing Blogosphere

stephanie
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
:laugh2:

By P.J. Gladnick | March 20, 2008 - 22:05 ET

As has been noted by NewsBusters correspondents Brent Baker, Kyle Drennen, and Clay Waters, the Mainstream Media has mostly assumed an attitude of respectful awe towards Barack Obama's March 18 speech on race. That emotional awe towards Obama's speech has reached the level of mass weeping in the Leftwing blogosphere. The leftists profess to be so awestruck by that speech that it seems mass crying will soon replace the fainting attacks at future Obama appearances.

Confessions of drama queen tearful reactions to Obama's speech has reached comedic proportions on both the Democratic Underground and the Daily Kos. Although one suspects that these confessions of tearduct flooding at the sound of Obama's voice may be a bit contrived, it doesn't detract from the hilarity of the comments. First a sampling of weeping confessions from the Democratic Underground:

If you didn't cry, someone needs to check your pulse. It was a speech that christens an era.

i started to tear up while reading the text on my phone at a restaurant. i had to stop reading it.

I called in sick so I could watch it. I was seen crying in my recliner. My tough husband--who didn't cry when his father died--came home from work and blubbered like a baby.

He's too good for us

Not to be outdone by the DUers, the denizens of the Daily Kos confessed to their own mass weepings:

read the rest..
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/03/20/obama-speech-causes-mass-weeping-epidemic-leftwing-blogosphere

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am crying right now too....thanks for enlightening me!!!!

diuretic
03-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I watched it on YouTube and I listened to the words and followed the ideas. It was a fine speech but it shouldn't make anyone tear up because it wasn't meant to.

It wasn't an appeal to emotion but to intellect.

It's one of those speeches best read with a pen or pencil.

It's full of ideas not rhetorical sweeps. His delivery had a regular cadence but it wasn't full of dramatic moments.

Now, MLK "I Have A Dream" is an example of oratorical power. You can see it, a few minutes in the speech you can see something happening to Dr King, it's as if he's inspired by something because he changes tone, cadence and it's as if he tosses his notes out and speaks from his inner self.

The folks who got emotional over Obama's speech are starved of good oratory. I mean, can you imagine Bush making either of those speeches? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Well there ya go... it made tm cry... what a bunch of absolute LOSERS!!!

The Reverend
03-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Obama's speech was a pathetic attempt to draw attention away from his association with Rev. Wright.

Kathianne
03-21-2008, 06:39 AM
I watched it on YouTube and I listened to the words and followed the ideas. It was a fine speech but it shouldn't make anyone tear up because it wasn't meant to.

It's full of ideas not rhetorical sweeps. His delivery had a regular cadence but it wasn't full of dramatic moments.

Now, MLK "I Have A Dream" is an example of oratorical power. You can see it, a few minutes in the speech you can see something happening to Dr King, it's as if he's inspired by something because he changes tone, cadence and it's as if he tosses his notes out and speaks from his inner self.

The folks who got emotional over Obama's speech are starved of good oratory. I mean, can you imagine Bush making either of those speeches? :laugh2:

Actually some of Bush's speeches were very good, if you read them. Sort of like the Kennedy-Nixon debates. Oh well, off topic.

Obama's speech was supposed to address the problem with the Reverend, instead he changed the discussion to race relations, while a serious issue, one that really wasn't functionally involved in the race by the citizens, given that Obama was winning the contest. I think now we sit back and see if the gambit worked.

Immanuel
03-21-2008, 07:29 AM
{sniffle, sniffle}I think Obama's speech will go down in history as one of the greatest speeches in American history, right up there besides Martin Luther King Jr's. "I have a Dream" speech.

Okay! enough of the phoney drivel!

Honestly, I think he did a very good job at a political campaign speech. He accomplished what he set out to do. He relieved the apprehension of his followers. He gave them ammunition to combat the ever-present nay-sayers and he didn't throw his pastor under the bus as those nay-sayers wanted him to do so that down the line they could use that against him.

All in all it was a very good political campaign speech.

I still think that as the dust settles Obama will continue to be a contender for the Oval Office this year. It is not like either party has given us a god to defeat him, for crying out loud.

BTW: I heard Jeremiah Wright was coming to Tampa to preach next week. It would almost be worth it to go see him preach. Except that I'm not sure that the crowds won't make it impossible to attend.

Immie

PS I hope he pays his speech writers well... they deserve it.

Nukeman
03-21-2008, 07:48 AM

By P.J. Gladnick | March 20, 2008 - 22:05 ET

As has been noted by NewsBusters correspondents Brent Baker, Kyle Drennen, and Clay Waters, the Mainstream Media has mostly assumed an attitude of respectful awe towards Barack Obama's March 18 speech on race. That emotional awe towards Obama's speech has reached the level of mass weeping in the Leftwing blogosphere. The leftists profess to be so awestruck by that speech that it seems mass crying will soon replace the fainting attacks at future Obama appearances.

Confessions of drama queen tearful reactions to Obama's speech has reached comedic proportions on both the Democratic Underground and the Daily Kos. Although one suspects that these confessions of tearduct flooding at the sound of Obama's voice may be a bit contrived, it doesn't detract from the hilarity of the comments. First a sampling of weeping confessions from the Democratic Underground:

If you didn't cry, someone needs to check your pulse. It was a speech that christens an era.

i started to tear up while reading the text on my phone at a restaurant. i had to stop reading it.

I called in sick so I could watch it. I was seen crying in my recliner. My tough husband--who didn't cry when his father died--came home from work and blubbered like a baby.
He's too good for us

Not to be outdone by the DUers, the denizens of the Daily Kos confessed to their own mass weepings:

read the rest..
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/03/20/obama-speech-causes-mass-weeping-epidemic-leftwing-blogosphere

I only have 1 thing to say:

:puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3:

PostmodernProphet
03-21-2008, 07:54 AM
My tough husband--who didn't cry when his father died--came home from work and blubbered like a baby.

was he contemplating Obama's speech or his marriage......

Dilloduck
03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I only have 1 thing to say:

:puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3:

I sorta understand it-----I cry when I hear most any politician give a speech. :laugh2:

diuretic
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
I sorta understand it-----I cry when I hear most any politician give a speech. :laugh2:

I usually frown. But then I always frown when I do crosswords.

Mr. P
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I think this pretty well nails it.

Well .. the veneer has been penetrated, hasn't it? So much for the exalted "trans-racial" election. Looks like its more of the same old same old.

With a few days under our belt, Obama's sermon from the mount – his speech on race – was little more than an eloquent rewrite of so many speeches and rants we've heard in the past ... look at the speech again and a nuanced reading will show you that Obama was laying the blame for Jeremiah Wright squarely at the feet of white people. Wright, in Obama's eyes, is merely a response – if a rather harsh one – to the crimes of white America.

So now we see the real Barack Obama. Whatever is wrong with black America can be traced back to the actions of whites.

PostmodernProphet
03-21-2008, 10:12 AM
personally, I think three little words "typical white person" will do more damage than Dean's Scream......can you imagine the reaction if McCain had said "typical black person"........Hillary's gonna dance on that one.....

mundame
03-21-2008, 10:18 AM
personally, I think three little words "typical white person" will do more damage than Dean's Scream......can you imagine the reaction if McCain had said "typical black person"........Hillary's gonna dance on that one.....

I like it, PP. I'm interested in the "fatal misstep" that defeats so many candidates, and I've been hypothesizing that the candidate has to take that fatal misstep himself (or herself) ------ that is, it can't be a misstep by a spouse or aide or minister.

Well, "typical white person" is a pretty raw phrase and Obama did say it all by himself. You could be right, I think.

We'll see if it has legs, or if it fades out.

Abbey Marie
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
"This is what it sounds like, when doves cry".
-Prince

PostmodernProphet
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
"This is what it sounds like, when doves cry".
-Prince

good lord....I haven't the slightest idea how to understand that....I don't even know where to begin.....

mundame
03-21-2008, 01:03 PM
good lord....I haven't the slightest idea how to understand that....I don't even know where to begin.....

I sort of wondered about that myself.......... http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

mundame
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I mean, I know it's from the song by Prince, but still.......

Sitarro
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Bush wouldn't have to, he's not a overrated, racist pile of shit that has been found out. Obamessiah is nothing different than a snake salesman with a law degree and no substance. The only reason he is in the race is the fact that he is half black, he has no other qualities that would make him a mediocre President much less a great President. He is as polarizing as Rhodam Clinton, especially since he hates most of the people that live in this country.

diuretic
03-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Bush wouldn't have to, he's not a overrated, racist pile of shit that has been found out. Obamessiah is nothing different than a snake salesman with a law degree and no substance. The only reason he is in the race is the fact that he is half black, he has no other qualities that would make him a mediocre President much less a great President. He is as polarizing as Rhodam Clinton, especially since he hates most of the people that live in this country.

Something tells me you don't like him. Funny but a lot of Clinton supporters use the same language about him. :laugh2:

Yurt
03-21-2008, 09:20 PM

msm has completely ignored it. blacks get another pass at racism