PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

5stringJeff
03-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure, but somewhere between the Sloppy Joe mix and the french fries I pulled out of the oven a bit early, I seem to have come down with a bit of food poisoning. Yuck.

diuretic
03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I hope it's just a touch, that can be pretty serious.

Said1
03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure, but somewhere between the Sloppy Joe mix and the french fries I pulled out of the oven a bit early, I seem to have come down with a bit of food poisoning. Yuck.

Italian poutine? I had that Tuesday night, was sick all night and most of the next morning. I will NEVER eat that again.

diuretic
03-21-2008, 08:06 PM
There's an Italian poutine? You mean it's spreading??? Jeez I'd better warn our federal health authorities.

dan
03-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised poutine hasn't become a bigger thing here in the States. You can get it in NJ diners (though I don't think they call it that), but I haven't seen it too many places elsewhere.

Anyway, that sucks Jeff. Drink lots of water or Gatorade to stay hydrated.

Said1
03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
There's an Italian poutine? You mean it's spreading??? Jeez I'd better warn our federal health authorities.

It was just a trick to get the frenchmen into their restaurants. Once they realized they could have cheese, noodles AND bread - they were hooked.......'who wantsa another forma ofa carbohydrate, greasea and cheesea'

'oh, moi, moi!'

5stringJeff
03-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I think I'm over the worst. I'm sticking to nice bland foods like soup and cereal. And lots of Gatorade.

Yurt
03-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I think I'm over the worst. I'm sticking to nice bland foods like soup and cereal. And lots of Gatorade.

good choice. if i get sick like that, i also add saltine crackers, i don't know, but the crackers seem to settle my stomach. if its really bad, i take charcoal pills. that'll clean you out.

glad you are doing better.

diuretic
03-22-2008, 04:40 PM
It was just a trick to get the frenchmen into their restaurants. Once they realized they could have cheese, noodles AND bread - they were hooked.......'who wantsa another forma ofa carbohydrate, greasea and cheesea'

'oh, moi, moi!'

I suppose the Brits have Toad in the Hole and we have, er, pies (do NOT ask what's in them, like sausages you don't want to know). :laugh2:

Said1
03-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I suppose the Brits have Toad in the Hole and we have, er, pies (do NOT ask what's in them, like sausages you don't want to know). :laugh2:

Toad in the Hole - egg and fried bread or as we call it, Egg in the Hole?

chesswarsnow
03-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have had that before, from some of that fake crab meat from, *Albertsons*.
2. Just about killed me that time.
3. I can't remember being so sick.
4. I should of hired a lawyer that time and sued the shit out of them.
5. I did call them right away and told them about the crab meat.
6. And then they disavowed that their food had anything to do with my illness.
7. But when you get sick from food, you know what food it was, you get to see it again while hugging the porcelain.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have had that before, from some of that fake crab meat from, *Albertsons*.
2. Just about killed me that time.
3. I can't remember being so sick.
4. I should of hired a lawyer that time and sued the shit out of them.
5. I did call them right away and told them about the crab meat.
6. And then they disavowed that their food had anything to do with my illness.
7. But when you get sick from food, you know what food it was, you get to see it again while hugging the porcelain.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

that is weird, seems everytime i get food poisoning/sickness, i always know exactly what it is from, even one or two meals later, it just tastes like that food and of course as you say on the porcelain throne.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Speaking of food with scary ingredients, my husband and I went to a Robert Burns pub party a while ago, and we both had haggis. Yikes.

jimnyc
03-22-2008, 08:04 PM

That's not food poisoning, that's just bad cooking and junk food. Welcome to my world, I feel like that after every other meal! :)

Go have some White Castle's, that'll clean you out and you'll be all better by morning.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2008, 08:21 PM
That's not food poisoning, that's just bad cooking and junk food. Welcome to my world, I feel like that after every other meal! :)

Go have some White Castle's, that'll clean you out and you'll be all better by morning.

The "Hair o' the Dog" remedy- literally! :laugh2:

Gaffer
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM
If you don't thoroughly cook your food you will end up getting sick. Simple fact.

dan
03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
If you don't thoroughly cook your food you will end up getting sick. Simple fact.

Well, this is only true for certain foods. I eat a steak somewhere between rare and medium rare, and I've never gotten sick from it. Now, if your definition of "sick" includes heart disease and obesity, then yeah, it probably will make me sick eventually.:laugh2:

Classact
03-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Toad in the Hole - egg and fried bread or as we call it, Egg in the Hole?Long ago known as Adam and Eve on a raft.

jackass
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
We call them egg n hats....