PDA

View Full Version : Black writers oppinion of Obama speech

Trigg
03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
This is a black writers oppinion of Obamas speech. He was apparently NOT moved to tears like TM. In fact he doesn't believe Obama at all.

It's an interresting article, here are a few snippets.

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell031908.php3

The cable news journalists who are playing the tapes of those sermons were not there. The tapes were on sale in the church itself. Obama knew that because he had bought one or more of those tapes.

But even if there were no tapes, and even if Obama never heard from other members of the church what their pastor was saying, he spent 20 years in that church, not just as an ordinary member but also as someone who once donated $20,000 to the church.

Accordingly, Obama's Philadelphia speech — a theatrical masterpiece
For whatever reason, Barack Obama chose a black extremist church decades ago — even though there was no shortage of very different churches, both black and white — in Chicago.

Some say that he was trying to earn credibility on the ghetto streets, to facilitate his work as a community activist or for his political career. We may never know why.

But now that Barack Obama is running for a presidential nomination, he is doing so on a radically different basis, as a post-racial candidate uniquely prepared to bring us all together.

Yet the past continues to follow him, despite his attempts to bury it and the mainstream media's attempts to ignore it or apologize for it

Dilloduck
03-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Shelby Steele depicts Barack Obama as a man without real convictions, "an iconic figure who neglected to become himself."

Senator Obama has been at his best as an icon, able with his command of words to meet other people's psychic needs, including a need to dispel white guilt by supporting his candidacy.

loved that part

Trigg
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
loved that part

yep, I've been saying all along he's a motivational speaker and that's all.

Dilloduck
03-21-2008, 09:58 PM
yep, I've been saying all along he's a motivational speaker and that's all.

That may be all that's needed for a president these days but do REALLY wanna listen to the baggage he carries for years ?? I sure don't. I'd rather our next president concentrate of different issues.

hjmick
03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Larry Elder wasn't overly impressed either:

Obama: From Valiant to Victicrat
By Larry Elder

Billed as an "important speech about race," presidential candidate Barack Obama condemned some of the remarks of his pastor, Jeremiah Wright. But Obama refused to denounce the man himself, considering him family. Commentators gushed over this "groundbreaking," "stirring" speech about the "state of race relations in America."

Funny, some people actually thought that Obama might explain why he chose and attends a church led by a hateful, anti-Semitic, racist America-condemning pastor, a man whom Obama refers to as his "spiritual advisor."

Long before the blowup over Barack Obama's pastor, I wrote about this angry, "Afrocentric" church in my new book, "Stupid Black Men: How to Play the Race Card — and Lose."

"Barack Obama," I wrote, "attends Chicago's popular Trinity United Church of Christ. He described its minister, Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., as his 'spiritual mentor.' On its Web site, Trinity United Church of Christ describes itself: 'We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. … It is G-d who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in G-d through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.'

"Consider the grief President George W. Bush attracted when he gave a speech at Bob Jones University, an institution that formerly banned interracial dating. Imagine a Republican attending a church that professed 'Caucasian-centric' Bible readings. According to an article in Rolling Stone, Reverend Wright said, 'Racism is how this country was founded and this country is still run! … We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional KILLERS. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in G-d. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means! And. And. And! GAWD! Has GOT! To be SICK! OF THIS SH-T!'

Complete opinion... (http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/elder032008.php3)

Give it a read, it's worth the time. Elder is a smart man.

Yurt
03-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Larry Elder wasn't overly impressed either:

Give it a read, it's worth the time. Elder is a smart man.

sure is, him and i see eye to eye on my "native land" thread :coffee:

take that MFM

retiredman
03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
sure is, him and i see eye to eye on my "native land" thread :coffee:

take that MFM
"him and I?"

and you claim some level of education and intellect?

take that, you ignorant, ill-educated, self righteous moron.:fu:

MtnBiker
03-21-2008, 11:47 PM
"him and I?"

Gee that's nice.

Yurt
03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
"him and I?"

so now you are the fucking grammar police... LOL. like i review my posts. if i had only a fifth grade education, i would still be smarter and more educated than you.

besides, all you have is to rip on my grammar, not the content. take that grammar man. you just can't handle a black person said almost exactly what i said.