PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Clinton Is Done For

Pale Rider
03-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Story Behind The Story: The Clinton Myth

By JIM VANDEHEI & MIKE ALLEN | 3/21/08 1:32 PM EST

One big fact has largely been lost in the recent coverage of the Democratic presidential race: Hillary Rodham Clinton has virtually no chance of winning.

Her own campaign acknowledges there is no way that she will finish ahead in pledged delegates. That means the only way she wins is if Democratic superdelegates are ready to risk a backlash of historic proportions from the party’s most reliable constituency.

Unless Clinton is able to at least win the primary popular vote — which also would take nothing less than an electoral miracle — and use that achievement to pressure superdelegates, she has only one scenario for victory. An African-American opponent and his backers would be told that, even though he won the contest with voters, the prize is going to someone else.

People who think that scenario is even remotely likely are living on another planet.

Story continues here... (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9149.html)

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Even Obama can not win the party nomination on delegates from the primaries, he does not have enough and would need superdelegates in order to win it just as hillary would, this is something the author did not mention.

Dilloduck
03-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Even Obama can not win the party nomination on delegates from the primaries, he does not have enough and would need superdelegates in order to win it just as hillary would, this is something the author did not mention.

Agreed--never underestimate Hillary

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 06:48 AM
That too!

and good morning!

jd

Dilloduck
03-22-2008, 06:55 AM
That too!

and good morning!

jd

What's so good about it ? :laugh2:

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 07:01 AM
What's so good about it ? :laugh2:
Matt and I still have electricity after the most wicked wind storm I've been through up here!

:D

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 04:47 AM

Hitlery has been on the news lately making it real obvious that 'super delegates can do anything they want.' Those clintons will NOT give up what they see as their BIRTH RIGHT to some upidy little junior senator. They'll probably have his ass whacked if push comes to shove.... and it will.

The dems are gearing up for a battle royal. It's going to be lovely.

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2008, 05:30 AM
CNN video: Paul Begala on Clinton Dropping Out: It’s About As Likely As Monkey’s Flying Out My Butt

http://polijamblog.polijam.com/?p=1094

theHawk
03-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Lets also not forget that Rush has Operation Chaos going in Hillary's favor! :lol:

JohnDoe
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Every media channel is AGAINST Hillary, pumping her to quit.... and they are huge supporters of Obama and are rooting for him, clearly.

If she sticks it out, then she is even stronger than I thought.

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Lets also not forget that Rush has Operation Chaos going in Hillary's favor!

it's a vast right wing conspiracy.....

Every media channel is AGAINST Hillary, pumping her to quit.... and they are huge supporters of Obama and are rooting for him, clearly.

it's a vast left wing conspiracy......

03-28-2008, 12:32 PM
CNN video: Paul Begala on Clinton Dropping Out: It’s About As Likely As Monkey’s Flying Out My Butt

http://polijamblog.polijam.com/?p=1094

Begala better be careful what he says. it has happened before.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOsiEofi1xg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOsiEofi1xg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM

I don't understand why the liberal media is backing hussein at this point. Since this rev wright scandal, it's pretty much common knowledge he can't win in the general election. All the new polls have mccain kicking his ass. Hillary is the dems only viable chance at this point.

Monkeybone
03-28-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't understand why the liberal media is backing hussein at this point. Since this rev wright scandal, it's pretty much common knowledge he can't win in the general election. All the new polls have mccain kicking his ass. Hillary is the dems only viable chance at this point.

white guilt. if they werent' backing him they would be racist. :laugh2:

even with the Mr. Wright scandal, most places are dropping it because BO either A) handled it with his tear invoking speach on how we need to get over the race issue which white started, or B) it's racist to show a black man in a bad light.

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
white guilt. if they werent' backing him they would be racist. :laugh2:

even with the Mr. Wright scandal, most places are dropping it because BO either A) handled it with his tear invoking speech on how we need to get over the race issue which white started, or B) it's racist to show a black man in a bad light. Lets not forget he Thru white grandma under the bus too

Dilloduck
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM

The media hates Hillary--pure and simple.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
The media hates Hillary--pure and simple.

Ya really think so? I thought the clintons were the MSM's darlings.

Dilloduck
03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Ya really think so? I thought the clintons were the MSM's darlings.

Obama is more profitable right now--I'm still waiting for her to pull out the big guns.:boom2:

Kathianne
03-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Obama is more profitable right now--I'm still waiting for her to pull out the big guns.:boom2:

Wait away.

Dilloduck
03-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Wait away.

:laugh2: ok

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 11:40 PM

You mean like Bubba... saying that if you don't want to get beat up you shouldn't be in politics? :laugh:

Dilloduck
03-28-2008, 11:45 PM
You mean like Bubba... saying that if you don't want to get beat up you shouldn't be in politics? :laugh:

It's fun watching them lose their cool--I gotta admit, but these ain't people who give up on what they think is owed them. Especially some young punk who hasn't earned it.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 08:14 AM

It is not a question of her strength JD. She is power hungry and her ego is to huge for her accept the fact she has lost. The only way she will get the nomination is to steal it. Which is fine for the Clintons. That is their noraml way of doing business

I have mixed emotions about this. I would love to see the Clintons split the party in half and drag down Dems running for the Congress

On the other hand, Obama has won things fair and square, and has earned the nomination

OCA
03-29-2008, 08:16 AM
It's fun watching them lose their cool--I gotta admit, but these ain't people who give up on what they think is owed them. Especially some young punk who hasn't earned it.

Damn right. Just who in the hell do you think came up with the good Reverend Wright? Thats right, the Clintons, and i'm sure there is more of that stuff to come, the time to play hardball has come and the Clintons are the best at that that America has ever seen.

The nomination is already over, Osama is done, its just going through the motions right now. Even though come convention time they will probably still be in a statistical dead heat delegates and super delegates will be dropping from Osama like flies after the Clintons get done trashing his reputation through this Spring and early Summer.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Damn right. Just who in the hell do you think came up with the good Reverend Wright? Thats right, the Clintons, and i'm sure there is more of that stuff to come, the time to play hardball has come and the Clintons are the best at that that America has ever seen.

The nomination is already over, Osama is done, its just going through the motions right now. Even though come convention time they will probably still be in a statistical dead heat delegates and super delegates will be dropping from Osama like flies after the Clintons get done trashing his reputation through this Spring and early Summer.

Talk radio was on Wright as of last August. Hannity was talking about Wright ilast August

Only when it was discovered Wrights rants were on a DVD the church sold in its gift shop, and they were played on Fox was the story picked up

OCA
03-29-2008, 08:21 AM
On the other hand, Obama has won things fair and square, and has earned the nomination

Actually he has won nothing up to this point, as far as I know he does not have the required number of delegates to secure the nomination. Hillary will sweep the remaining states and carry enough momentum into the convention to get enough delegates and super delegates to swing her way on some ballots at the convention.................then its on to a slaughter of.......LMFAO!........McCain........hahaha Repubs actually nominated this dolt!

You know what is going to be funny as fuck is seeing right wing pundits like Limbaught have to make hypocrites out of themselves and support this clown after they've been trashing him for years. I for one will love to watch people belittle themselves.

OCA
03-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Talk radio was on Wright as of last August. Hannity was talking about Wright ilast August

Only when it was discovered Wrights rants were on a DVD the church sold in its gift shop, and they were played on Fox was the story picked up

And who in the hell do you think planted it? Tell me you aren't as stupid as you just posted.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Actually he has won nothing up to this point, as far as I know he does not have the required number of delegates to secure the nomination. Hillary will sweep the remaining states and carry enough momentum into the convention to get enough delegates and super delegates to swing her way on some ballots at the convention.................then its on to a slaughter of.......LMFAO!........McCain........hahaha Repubs actually nominated this dolt!

You know what is going to be funny as fuck is seeing right wing pundits like Limbaught have to make hypocrites out of themselves and support this clown after they've been trashing him for years. I for one will love to watch people belittle themselves.

Neither Hillary or Obama will have enough pledged delegates to win the nomination

It will be up to the Super delegates to decide

Obama will probably have the lead in pledged delegates, state won, and the popular vote

While they could go to Hillary, it will rip the party in half - not a bad thing to watch

Rush is not supporting anyone. The entire purpose of Operation Chaos is to keep this fight going, to bloody up Obama, and give the Clintons a reason to stay in the race. The Dems have to attack each other since McCain is unwiling to it

And it is working

OCA
03-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Neither Hillary or Obama will have enough pledged delegates to win the nomination

It will be up to the Super delegates to decide

Obama will probably have the lead in pledged delegates, state won, and the popular vote

While they could go to Hillary, it will rip the party in half - not a bad thing to watch

Rush is not supporting anyone. The entire purpose of Operation Chaos is to keep this fight going, to bloody up Obama, and give the Clintons a reason to stay in the race. The Dems have to attack each other since McCain is unwiling to it

And it is working

And even if this operation jackingoff works what is the difference? McCain=liberal......not an ounce of difference between him and the Demos.

That is why conservatives need to split off from the liberal Republican party and start a new party.

Doesn't matter really, McCain doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of defeating either of the Demos.

OCA
03-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Wanna know why? He's got an (R) next to his name and so does George Bush and this election will be all about payback against Bush and Repubs for that matter.

I see a Demo in the oval office and an even greater Demo majority in Congress come November. Will serve us right for moving the party to the left.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 08:44 AM
And even if this operation jackingoff works what is the difference? McCain=liberal......not an ounce of difference between him and the Demos.

That is why conservatives need to split off from the liberal Republican party and start a new party.

Doesn't matter really, McCain doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of defeating either of the Demos.

What is the difference? The war within the Dem party. By Republicans croosing over and voting for Hillary, it keeps the war going

It helps Hillary with her numbers, and with Obama and his racist mentor - Hillary can present a good case to the Super delegates she is the only hope they have to win in November

Don't to to quick to give the Dems the win. If Hllary take the nomnation, the party will be split. Many Obama people will stay home of vote for McCain out of anger

Lord knows McCian needs all the help he can get

OCA
03-29-2008, 09:32 AM
What is the difference? The war within the Dem party. By Republicans croosing over and voting for Hillary, it keeps the war going

It helps Hillary with her numbers, and with Obama and his racist mentor - Hillary can present a good case to the Super delegates she is the only hope they have to win in November

Don't to to quick to give the Dems the win. If Hllary take the nomnation, the party will be split. Many Obama people will stay home of vote for McCain out of anger

Lord knows McCian needs all the help he can get

Trust me Dems will not stay home, the anger against Bush and Republicans outweighs all else right now.

28% approval rating

Economy in the tank

red states rule
03-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Trust me Dems will not stay home, the anger against Bush and Republicans outweighs all else right now.

28% approval rating

Economy in the tank

Gallup reports if Hillary is the nominee 28% of Obaba people will vote for McCain

The economy is not in the tank. It is going through a cycle which is normal.

OCA
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Gallup reports if Hillary is the nominee 28% of Obaba people will vote for McCain

The economy is not in the tank. It is going through a cycle which is normal.

Polls mean nothing but approval ratings do.

In 2004 polls had Kerry winning Ohio day before election by large margin.........

red states rule
03-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Polls mean nothing but approval ratings do.

In 2004 polls had Kerry winning Ohio day before election by large margin.........

Approval ratings are based on polls OCA

The curent Democrat Congress is at all time lows

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

OCA
03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Approval ratings are based on polls OCA

The curent Democrat Congress is at all time lows

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

Nice change of subject.

Polls are meaningless unless they are about Bush's approval ratings which I could poll the first hundred people I find for the next two weeks and that idiot's ratings would be always low.

On the day before elections in 2004 polls had Kerry winning Ohio.................

red states rule
03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Nice change of subject.

Polls are meaningless unless they are about Bush's approval ratings which I could poll the first hundred people I find for the next two weeks and that idiot's ratings would be always low.

On the day before elections in 2004 polls had Kerry winning Ohio.................

How is it a change of subject? You said polls are meaningless- then you said approval ratings count. Approval ratings are based on polls

Which is it?

BTW Pres Bush has a higher approval rating then the Congress

OCA
03-29-2008, 10:43 AM
How is it a change of subject? You said polls are meaningless- then you said approval ratings count. Approval ratings are based on polls

Which is it?

BTW Pres Bush has a higher approval rating then the Congress

The only polls that have been consistent are polls of Bush's approval ratings which have been consistently at record lows for this second term.

So to answer your question unless the poll is on Bush's approval its basically meaningless.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 10:46 AM
The only polls that have been consistent are polls of Bush's approval ratings which have been consistently at record lows for this second term.

So to answer your question unless the poll is on Bush's approval its basically meaningless.

Did you look at the link I posted? The approval ratings for Congress have been in the mid 20's to the teens since June

I agree with you. Bush has lousy numbers, but Congress has worse numbers

Hillary's numbers are tanking, but her win in PA (And it will be by mrore then double digits) might bring them up

OCA
03-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Did you look at the link I posted? The approval ratings for Congress have been in the mid 20's to the teens since June

I agree with you. Bush has lousy numbers, but Congress has worse numbers

Hillary's numbers are tanking, but her win in PA (And it will be by mrore then double digits) might bring them up

Numbers are tanking? lol, everybody counted her out and she lays a whipping in Texas and Ohio and pounds him over the head with the Rev.......its over. Conservatives aren't going to show up for Johnny boy and the loss of the Black vote won't matter.......its Hillary in a cakewalk.

Basically as far as Congress is concerned I could care less, we are electing the leader of the free world not the head of some douchebag committee.