PDA

View Full Version : Civil War: Split Decision Divides Democrats

Pale Rider
03-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Civil War: Split Decision Divides Democrats

Contested Nomination Brings Enthusiasm, Anger as Obama-Clinton Battle Rages On

By JOEL SIEGEL
March 21, 2008

It didn't take long for bloggers to render their verdict when 11,000 pages of Hillary Clinton's White House schedules were made public this week.

"The veneer has been torn off, and the brazen dishonesty is finally on display," a blogger named David Sirota wrote. "Why doesn't she just get the hell off the stage? Enough is enough!" a poster chimed in.

Added another: "These people and their $50 million in personal sleaze wealth, along with their using any segment of the electorate for power, must be thrown out of the party."

Was this a Republican Web site? A discussion group for conservatives?

It was one of the most influential blogs on the political left, Daily Kos, and the posters were liberals enraged at Hillary Clinton and her husband, the former president.

Enthusiasm Turns to Anger as Dem Race Drags On

Story continues here... (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4491667&page=1)

5stringJeff
03-22-2008, 08:43 AM
The more Hillary is seen for what she is - someone who craves power for powers sake - the less of a chance that she'll ever be elected. Thank God.

JohnDoe
03-22-2008, 08:50 AM
out of the 3, I hope she becomes president and I don't even think I am going to vote this year...still haven't registered to vote for my new residence in Maine....

I hope she becomes president purely for religious reasons....the antichrist will be a male!!!! :D:D:D

Pale Rider
03-22-2008, 02:08 PM
The more Hillary is seen for what she is - someone who craves power for powers sake - the less of a chance that she'll ever be elected. Thank God.

And with the newly bearded Richardson endorsing hussein, the same one that the clintons created, you can bet there's going to be blood in the water over that.

These dems are poised to have one hellofva war.... I love it.

April15
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Bush has started the war just not fired any shots!

Kathianne
03-22-2008, 06:08 PM

Explain.

April15
03-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Explain.I feel the climate of this nation is very volitol. It is not so much the haves and have nots but the direction of the nation that people I meet express dismay over. Some very hostile towards government as it is. No one has said violence but the tone of their conversations speaks otherwise.

Kathianne
03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I feel the climate of this nation is very volitol. It is not so much the haves and have nots but the direction of the nation that people I meet express dismay over. Some very hostile towards government as it is. No one has said violence but the tone of their conversations speaks otherwise.

And Bush has what to do with that? You didn't make that connection.

April15
03-22-2008, 08:44 PM
And Bush has what to do with that? You didn't make that connection.I'm sorry. I guess it is so evident that correlation was not needed.
Prior to this administrations inauguration the people of America, my opinion, had a general dislike of government. With the events during this administration it seems that people are very polarized as to the point of hating others who think differently. That is the Bush part.
The other aspect of volitility comes from a lack of respect for learned failures. Namely the financial status of Americas banking system. Over the years the rules and guidelines have been eroded bit by bit to eventually allow margin purchase on the stock market in terms of mortgage equity.

Kathianne
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry. I guess it is so evident that correlation was not needed.
Prior to this administrations inauguration the people of America, my opinion, had a general dislike of government. With the events during this administration it seems that people are very polarized as to the point of hating others who think differently. That is the Bush part.
The other aspect of volitility comes from a lack of respect for learned failures. Namely the financial status of Americas banking system. Over the years the rules and guidelines have been eroded bit by bit to eventually allow margin purchase on the stock market in terms of mortgage equity.

You are joking, right? Tell me you are not that delusional.

03-22-2008, 08:50 PM

I still think you are straining to connect it with any actions of the President.

For one, I am not sure we werent just as polarized before the Bush administration. But assuming we have become more polarized since, you are still not making the connection that it's because of anything President Bush has done.

There is another significant fact that happened when President Bush was elected. For the first time in atleast half a century the executive, legislative, and judicial branches were essentially in control of Republicans. Democrats in the minority freaked out, panicked and thought they had been robbed of what was there and have resorted to more outrageous actions to regain their power.

I would argue that it's not anything President Bush's done but the Democrat reaction to losing power that has caused this polarization.

Yurt
03-22-2008, 09:12 PM
=April15;221325]I'm sorry. I guess it is so evident that correlation was not needed.

that is your biggest mistake. first, correlation is needed, second, you were asked for correlation, so obviously it must be needed.

so Bush was responsible for the 60's and 70's movements against the government? didn't realize he had that kind of power......

what exactly are you saying here?

Pale Rider
03-23-2008, 04:39 AM

I feel the climate of this nation is very volitol. It is not so much the haves and have nots but the direction of the nation that people I meet express dismay over. Some very hostile towards government as it is. No one has said violence but the tone of their conversations speaks otherwise.

"It's Bush's fault." So we've all heard that from you lefties for years now... and you gave it your best shot to connect it to your parties impending melt down. But that just ain't happen'n. "BUSH" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the massive fight brewing between hitlery and hussein.... NOTHING! You are suffering from "blame Bush" syndrome. I'm sure if you go out to drive to work Monday morning and your car has a flat tire, you'll somehow blame Bush for that too, even if you later find out the neighbor kid slashed your tire with a knife, you'll still for some reason believe in the back of your mind it was because of Bush. Now even though we all understand you lefties think that way from all the moon bat left kool aide you drink, we're still left scratching our heads in wonder at how a supposed, mature, adult mind can make such absurd, outlandish, utterly impossible connections.

April15
03-23-2008, 12:31 PM
"It's Bush's fault." So we've all heard that from you lefties for years now... and you gave it your best shot to connect it to your parties impending melt down. But that just ain't happen'n. "BUSH" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the massive fight brewing between hitlery and hussein.... NOTHING! You are suffering from "blame Bush" syndrome. I'm sure if you go out to drive to work Monday morning and your car has a flat tire, you'll somehow blame Bush for that too, even if you later find out the neighbor kid slashed your tire with a knife, you'll still for some reason believe in the back of your mind it was because of Bush. Now even though we all understand you lefties think that way from all the moon bat left kool aide you drink, we're still left scratching our heads in wonder at how a supposed, mature, adult mind can make such absurd, outlandish, utterly impossible connections.The same way we look at your appologies for Bush.

April15
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I still think you are straining to connect it with any actions of the President.

For one, I am not sure we werent just as polarized before the Bush administration. But assuming we have become more polarized since, you are still not making the connection that it's because of anything President Bush has done.

There is another significant fact that happened when President Bush was elected. For the first time in atleast half a century the executive, legislative, and judicial branches were essentially in control of Republicans. Democrats in the minority freaked out, panicked and thought they had been robbed of what was there and have resorted to more outrageous actions to regain their power.

I would argue that it's not anything President Bush's done but the Democrat reaction to losing power that has caused this polarization.

In part you are correct. That conservatives had total control is not a good thing. It is my contention that fascism is a conservative response. From what I have seen so far it is looking that way to me.
The economic problems have been building for many years. The S&L scandal should have set America on its ass to change the way corporations run roughshode over the citizenry in the name of free market profit.

Dilloduck
03-23-2008, 12:55 PM
In part you are correct. That conservatives had total control is not a good thing. It is my contention that fascism is a conservative response. From what I have seen so far it is looking that way to me.
The economic problems have been building for many years. The S&L scandal should have set America on its ass to change the way corporations run roughshode over the citizenry in the name of free market profit.

Run roughshod over the citizenry ?? :laugh2: That's funny. Who do you think works for corporations and uses what they produce ?

5stringJeff
03-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Perhaps that has been the reaction of people on the hard Left. It has not been the reaction of all Americans.

That's the free market. People make risky investments, and sometimes it bites them. And BTW, there's never been a rule against mortgage-backed securities. They're a new invention. Now, I understand what you're saying about the economic downturn making people's dislike for government all that much stronger. But we've had several, perhaps a couple of dozen, major economic downturns, and none turned our country into a war zone - not even the Great Depression.

Pale Rider
03-24-2008, 01:10 AM
The same way we look at your appologies for Bush.

I haven't apologized for jack shit bush has done. You on the other hand are a fool full of shit.

Now give me another line with no more pressure than to be able to piss a hole in a snow bank.

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Party Fears Tight Obama-Clinton Finish

By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer
14 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - For all their delight in soaring voter registration and strong poll numbers, some Democrats fear the contest between Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton might have a nightmarish end, which could wreck a promising election year.

The chief worry is that Clinton may carry her recent winning streak into Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina and other states, leaving her with unquestioned momentum but fewer pledged delegates than Obama. Party leaders then would face a wrenching choice: Steer the nomination to a fading Obama, even as signs suggested Clinton could be the stronger candidate in November; or go with the surging Clinton and risk infuriating Obama's supporters, especially blacks, the Democratic Party's most loyal base.

Some anxious Democrats want party elders to step in now to generate more "superdelegate" support for Obama, effectively choking off Clinton's hopes before she can bolster them further. But many say that is unlikely, and they pray the final 10 contests will make the ultimate choice fairly obvious, not excruciating.

Barring a complete meltdown by Obama, Clinton has almost no chance of surpassing his number of pledged delegates, even if she scores upset wins in states such as Oregon, which votes May 20. But such victories would encourage her to keep criticizing Obama — her only hope for the nomination — and thus heighten doubts about Obama's ability to defeat Republican Sen. John McCain in the fall.

Story continues here... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080329/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_endgame;_ylt=Aizgpf254wpNaQtO5BDesIcE1vA I)