PDA

View Full Version : AP Orgasmic!

Kathianne
03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Guess what? The US military casualties are nearing 4k
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080322/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq)

glockmail
03-22-2008, 04:43 PM
How many young men in the US were murdered, OD'd on drugs, or died in accidents during this same period?

LiberalNation
03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
They were a bit early but the # got there today.

US death toll in Iraq war hits 4,000

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080324/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

BAGHDAD - The U.S. military says a roadside bomb has killed four U.S. soldiers in Baghdad. That raises the overall American death toll to at least 4,000, a grim milestone as the war enters its sixth year.

The military says another soldier was wounded when the bomb struck the soldiers' vehicle during a patrol in southern Baghdad.

gabosaurus
03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I am sure Bush and Cheney are orgasmic over the losses as well. Well, when they are not orgasmic over torture camp videos. Between Cheney and Clinton, they have added a new meaning to the name "White House."

theHawk
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Consider the battle for Iwo Jima took 7,000 GI lives.

Was FDR "orgasmic" about that?

manu1959
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Consider the battle for Iwo Jima took 7,000 GI lives.

Was FDR "orgasmic" about that?

how about D-Day......

red states rule
04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I am sure Bush and Cheney are orgasmic over the losses as well. Well, when they are not orgasmic over torture camp videos. Between Cheney and Clinton, they have added a new meaning to the name "White House."

Liberals are very happy about it

Grim Milestone 4000!!!!

"So?"

That's what Dick Cheney, whose daughter is a lesbian, replied when he was informed that 2/3 of Americans who answered the phone and didn't immediately hang up when they heard "CBS News!" believe the war isn't worth fighting.

I was so furious when I heard about Cheney's flippant defiance of the Will of the People that I nearly fell off the Stop The War float at yesterday's Alternative Lifestyles Easter Parade.

Oh, I wish you could have seen it! We built this gigantic pink coffin on wheels and covered it with glow-in-the-dark prophylactics as a solemn reminder of all those who have lost their lives since Bush led us to war on a lie. A couple guys in Shrub and Rummy masks pulled the float behind them while Haliburton execs showered them with blood money. I assumed the Abu Ghraib Torture Pose on the "bow of the ship", so to speak, completely naked save for a pair of yellow ostrich plumes wedged between my ass cheeks to symbolize the horrifying destruction Bush's war has wrought on our economy.

As we rolled down Fifth Avenue, several of my midget students wearing rainbow fright wigs would waddle out and toss IUD's under the wheels. It's amazing that one of those tiny, little things a women puts in her uterus can actually blow apart a huge tank, but over 2500 Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered troops have been killed in such blasts since Bush began his illegal and immoral war for oil. The other 1500 died from back-alley abortions.

4000! It's what I still like to call a "Grim Milestone"; an opportunity for progressives to show we care about the troops when their death toll reaches a nice, round number that's easy to screech and looks good as a headline next to pictures of us marching through town in our Che Guevara t-shirts and rainbow fright wigs. Perhaps if Dick "So What?" Cheney came out to one of our peace rallies, he'd learn to take the war as seriously as we do.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/03/grim-milestone.html