PDA

View Full Version : Its official...Global Warming is over

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-22-2008, 11:28 PM
...and been over for a while now.....

I guess we can all light bonfires in he backyard now and celebrate.....

CATASTROPHIC predictions of global warming usually conjure with the notion of a tipping point, a point of no return.

Last Monday - on ABC Radio National (Australia), of all places - there was a tipping point of a different kind in the debate on climate change. It was a remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based think tank the Institute of Public Affairs. Anyone in public life who takes a position on the greenhouse gas hypothesis will ignore it at their peril.

Duffy asked Marohasy: "Is the Earth stillwarming?"

She replied: "No, actually, there has been cooling, if you take 1998 as your point of reference. If you take 2002 as your point of reference, then temperatures have plateaued. This is certainly not what you'd expect if carbon dioxide is driving temperature because carbon dioxide levels have been increasing but temperatures have actually been coming down over the last 10 years."

Duffy: "Is this a matter of any controversy?"

Marohasy: "Actually, no. The head of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has actually acknowledged it. He talks about the apparent plateau in temperatures so far this century. So he recognises that in this century, over the past eight years, temperatures have plateaued ... This is not what you'd expect, as I said, because if carbon dioxide is driving temperature then you'd expect that, given carbon dioxide levels have been continuing to increase, temperatures should be going up ... So (it's) very unexpected, not something that's being discussed. It should be being discussed, though, because it's very significant."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23411799-7583,00.html

diuretic
03-23-2008, 03:46 AM
The IPA is a right-wing think tank. Meanwhile in the real world the rest of the scientific community is working on the global climate change problem. :coffee:

Oh and the bloke who wrote the piece, Pearson? Think of him as a more intelligent version of Rushbo but even more right wing than the Rushmeister himself.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-23-2008, 06:13 PM
The IPA is a right-wing think tank. Meanwhile in the real world the rest of the scientific community is working on the global climate change problem. :coffee:

Oh and the bloke who wrote the piece, Pearson? Think of him as a more intelligent version of Rushbo but even more right wing than the Rushmeister himself.

2 questions:

How do you think we can change the sun's activity?
And, why aren't the oceans temperatures drastically changing, if there is some sort of global warming (errrr.... climate change) going on?

How much do you make from the purchase of carbon credits? (If none, you should certainly set up shop, because you could very well be one of the best motivators for an Amway like carbon credits scheme)

diuretic
03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I can't answer your first two questions. Best person to answer that would be a scientist and that is definitely not me.

As for carbon credits, the commonwealth government here has a report on the issue and policy is being developed now.

http://www.garnautreview.org.au/CA25734E0016A131/pages/home

gpp111
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
There has been no measureable global warming since 1995.

gabosaurus
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
You should post again after you learn what global warming actually is. But not before.

cat slave
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
~~~~shudder~~~~here comes the ice age...we are all going to die...run,
run...the climate should not be changing just because it always has and we
must be doing something wrong. ROTFL!!!

Get a grip, the sun, the earth and all heavenly bodies will do whatever it is
that they do and its up to us to survive it or....not.

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
You should post again after you learn what global warming actually is. But not before.

That goes for you also. :lame2:

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Oh and the bloke who wrote the piece, Pearson? Think of him as a more intelligent version of Rushbo but even more right wing than the Rushmeister himself.I'll make you the same deal I just made with another lucky loyal die-hard liberal.

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll let ya have reeeal cheap.

I'll even throw in a bridge in Frisco to sweeten the deal.....Cash! :D

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM

Oh and the bloke who wrote the piece, Pearson? Think of him as a more intelligent version of Rushbo but even more right wing than the Rushmeister himself.So, are you saying the statistics in the IPA report are lies they have concocted to make us believe that Global Warming is no longer a threat?

If their statistics are all manufactured lies, it should be no problem for you to provide links that disprove each of their statistics.

Links with evidence that dispute such things as temperatures, sea ice, cloud formation and water vapour, etc etc.

It sure would be stupid of the IPA to lie about things that could be so easily disproved, don't ya think? :dunno:

:link:

DragonStryk72
04-28-2010, 06:35 PM

Alright, then, what is it?

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Alright, then, what is it?

Psst... he doesn't know.

hortysir
04-28-2010, 07:08 PM

How does this disqualify their findings?

:poke:

pete311
04-28-2010, 07:23 PM
GW is confirmed. AGW is debated.

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
...and been over for a while now.....

I guess we can all light bonfires in he backyard now and celebrate.....

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23411799-7583,00.html

So someone who works for a right wing think tank says on a TV show that the head of the IPCC said something - and you consider that "official word"?

Are you retarded or something?

04-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Global warming isn't really difficult to understand. It's a theory that the earth is getting warmer. Hence the term: Global warming

KarlMarx
04-29-2010, 04:51 AM

Global Warming is whatever the Left wants it to be. If the summers are hotter, that's evidence of global warming. If the winters are colder, that's evidence of global warming. If the bugs bite more often or the birds fly south sooner why, of course, that's caused by global warming. Of course, Man is to blame, especially if he lives in a capitalist society.

In short, Global Warming is the latest means by which the Left intends to extract from the average citizen his hard earned money (as in "cap and trade" and taxes on livestock for their "emissions") and set up even more government to lord over him.

It's also the means by which these stick up artists intend to fleece and extort money from corporations. Money that would otherwise be used to pay their stockholders (mostly average citizens) and create jobs for the average citizen.

Whether global warming exists or not is not the issue, the Left couldn't care less. What really matters to them is that it raises taxes and expands government.

Oh yes, and, of course it also matters that a gullible populace believes that it exists and is in imminent peril because of it.

That's what global warming really is.

P.S. I forgot.. Global Warming is also a means of employing otherwise unemployable Left Wing activists who have no marketable skills other than to stir up trouble and the passions of the public.

Kathianne
04-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Actually it is proven that since 2002 cooling has been on the rise. Who'd have thunk? Could it be, cyclical? :laugh2:

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 09:31 AM
If the winters are colder, that's evidence of global warming.
I'm not sure how that's true, can you please explain?

Whether global warming exists or not is not the issue

I agree 100%. AGW DOES exist, its long past the time to debate it. Its time to DO something about it.

Oh yes, and, of course it also matters that a gullible populace believes that it exists and is in imminent peril because of it.

Its funny you would call them "gullible" considering you are parroting line for line exactly what can be found on in any number of poorly researched blog opinion articles.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Actually it is proven that since 2002 cooling has been on the rise.

I don't see how you can justify that statement. 2002-2009 is not a sufficient length of time to extract any statistically relevant global climate trend. Can you please explain?

pete311
04-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Actually it is proven that since 2002 cooling has been on the rise.

Cold air actually falls ;)

sybarite
04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Global Warming is whatever the Left wants it to be. If the summers are hotter, that's evidence of global warming. If the winters are colder, that's evidence of global warming. If the bugs bite more often or the birds fly south sooner why, of course, that's caused by global warming. Of course, Man is to blame, especially if he lives in a capitalist society.

In short, Global Warming is the latest means by which the Left intends to extract from the average citizen his hard earned money (as in "cap and trade" and taxes on livestock for their "emissions") and set up even more government to lord over him.

It's also the means by which these stick up artists intend to fleece and extort money from corporations. Money that would otherwise be used to pay their stockholders (mostly average citizens) and create jobs for the average citizen.

Whether global warming exists or not is not the issue, the Left couldn't care less. What really matters to them is that it raises taxes and expands government.

That's what global warming really is.

P.S. I forgot.. Global Warming is also a means of employing otherwise unemployable Left Wing activists who have no marketable skills other than to stir up trouble and the passions of the public.

Very well said!!:clap:

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Very well said!!:clap:

Since you agree with him, maybe you can help me out

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=423904&postcount=19

Binky
04-29-2010, 05:02 PM
~~~~shudder~~~~here comes the ice age...we are all going to die...run,
run...the climate should not be changing just because it always has and we
must be doing something wrong. ROTFL!!!

Get a grip, the sun, the earth and all heavenly bodies will do whatever it is
that they do and its up to us to survive it or....not.

:laugh2::laugh2: This is the same thing I've said over and over and over....I got tired of beating that dead horse.

And at some point in the future, after he thinks we've forgotten, Gore, the bore, will start yappin' about global cooling..... He isn't going to give a crapola that the people will think him an idiot since he has spent mucho time speiling global warming. He'll be too busy carting all that money he's scammed from idiots, off to the bank.......