PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Hour News Hour... did anyone watch it?

KarlMarx
02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
I recorded it last week. I think it's funny, but needs a little work. Overall, I think it has potential....

I especially liked the "Six Degrees of Global Warming" segment.

Gunny
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I recorded it last week. I think it's funny, but needs a little work. Overall, I think it has potential....

I especially liked the "Six Degrees of Global Warming" segment.

I meant to watch it, but forgot. I'm going to try and remember to watch it this week. If it's politically incorrect and pisses off liberals, it can't be all that bad.:laugh2:

KarlMarx
02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I meant to watch it, but forgot. I'm going to try and remember to watch it this week. If it's politically incorrect and pisses off liberals, it can't be all that bad.:laugh2:
Yes, it definitely has some liberals PO'ed. I saw a review of it on IMDB. The one review said something like "it's a show for the lobotomized who hate homosexuals"... or something like that....

Some highlights....

The "six degrees to Global Warming" game. The best one was how they linked Brittany's lack of panties with global warming.

T-shirt salesman who sells shirts with Communist dictators (I especially liked the one t-shirt of Idi Amin, that said "People. The other white meat")

Ed Begley's misadventures with his environmentally friendly car

Commercials for the ACLU ("... now women can use any kind of illegal drug while they're pregnant and the government can't do a thing about it! Who did that? I did that! Who am I? The ACLU!")

Commercial for Barak Obama magazine ("B.O." Magazine)

Of course, the opening segment with Rush Limbaugh as the President and Ann Coulter as the VP was a hoot, too.

Gunny
02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes, it definitely has some liberals PO'ed. I saw a review of it on IMDB. The one review said something like "it's a show for the lobotomized who hate homosexuals"... or something like that....

Some highlights....

The "six degrees to Global Warming" game. The best one was how they linked Brittany's lack of panties with global warming.

T-shirt salesman who sells shirts with Communist dictators (I especially liked the one t-shirt of Idi Amin, that said "People. The other white meat")

Ed Begley's misadventures with his environmentally friendly car

Commercials for the ACLU ("... now women can use any kind of illegal drug while they're pregnant and the government can't do a thing about it! Who did that? I did that! Who am I? The ACLU!")

Commercial for Barak Obama magazine ("B.O." Magazine)

Of course, the opening segment with Rush Limbaugh as the President and Ann Coulter as the VP was a hoot, too.

Just the thought of THAT is scary as Hell.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
02-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Just the thought of THAT is scary as Hell.:laugh2:

I saw it and it was way less than I had hoped for. I was even a bit uncomfortable about sinking to the level of the liberal garbage spewing but if it pissed em off it might be worth it.

musicman
02-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I saw it and it was way less than I had hoped for. I was even a bit uncomfortable about sinking to the level of the liberal garbage spewing but if it pissed em off it might be worth it.

I haven't seen it yet, but will try. I only hope it's not out and out bad. Libs are media savvy - I'll give them that. And, that's increasingly the forum in which we must learn to get our ideas out. It can be done.

Gunny
02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but will try. I only hope it's not out and out bad. Libs are media savvy - I'll give them that. And, that's increasingly the forum in which we must learn to get our ideas out. It can be done.

Thing is, if it was a show making fun of Republican/conservative stereotypes, I'd more than likely find it just as amusing.

Even though I like to point out the obvious hypocrisy of minorites telling white jokes, I DO find the stereotyping jokes funny. I mean, most white guys CAN'T dance nor touch the rim in basketball.:laugh2: