PDA

View Full Version : Official: 4000 US dead in this 'Unpopular' War!

shadow7
03-23-2008, 09:41 PM
What the Hell is an ‘Unpopular’ War?

‘Unpopular’ - un'pop•u•lar - Lacking general approval or acceptance.

Aw, gee.. The American people really don’t approve of the war. They’ve totally forgotten about the death and destruction in Afghanistan, but they just can’t find it in their hearts to give the war in Iraq a thumbs up. What a shame.

It’s so comforting to know that we’re in the midst of what the pundits now call an ‘unpopular war.’ I suppose it’s something like an unpopular brand of toothpaste, - not really terrible, but somewhat unappealing and not quite what the public wants. “It’s not the war, really,” we hear. “It’s the way it was fought.” It’s not the toothpaste either, I imagine, but something about the after taste.

Is it conceivable that that this illegal, immoral war, built on a mountain of lies and deceptions is merely unpopular? Is it possible that the death, the bloodshed, and the hundreds of billions of wasted dollars simply lack the general approval of most Americans?

One has to wonder what would happen in a ‘popular war.’...

CONTINUED AT:

http://tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index.php/editorial/reggies-commentary/20-regs-thoughts/739-what-the-hell-is-an-unpopular-war

gabosaurus
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Someone is brave enough to speak the truth and is reward with mountains of neg rep. Geez, why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Each of the 4,000 lost souls are blood on the hands of the Bushies. This is their war, not ours. A war of vengeance and political gains. A mistake going on five years.
This is the Bush legacy -- sanctioned genocide by a madman with no conscience.

Noir
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Someone is brave enough to speak the truth and is reward with mountains of neg rep. Geez, why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Each of the 4,000 lost souls are blood on the hands of the Bushies. This is their war, not ours. A war of vengeance and political gains. A mistake going on five years.

I see you waving Obama's flag proudly, i'd hence assume your a keen democrat, in which case did you support/vote J. Kerry in the last US election?

gabosaurus
03-23-2008, 10:16 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

manu1959
03-23-2008, 10:17 PM

i seem to recall you beloved dems continue to fund the war.....talk about peace pussies....

gabosaurus
03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
The Republicans have also voted to cut off funding. What was that you were saying?

manu1959
03-23-2008, 10:32 PM
The Republicans have also voted to cut off funding. What was that you were saying?

no one has voted to cut off funding...the dem majority hasn't even tried to pass a resolution....all they do is attach pork to the war funding bill and then claim they want to stop the war....

03-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Still not sure what is immoral about overthrowing a dictator. Someone will have to enlighten me on that one.

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Still not sure what is immoral about overthrowing a dictator. Someone will have to enlighten me on that one.
Let's overthrow all dictators of the world then...right? If there is NOTHING wrong with going to war against ANY DAMN DICTATOR out there and that is YOUR reasoning as it being OKAY?

Well, I believe that we should NEVER, EVER send our military men and women to their possible DEATHS in a full fledge WAR unless we are in imminent danger.

Our government and we the people, should never FORCE these military men that volunteered to PROTECT US from imminent danger, in to WARS OF CHOICE that have nothing to do with our own lives being at stake.

IT IS IMMORAL to send these guys to die for NOTHING that had anything to do with our own safety and imminent danger risks, while people like you sit in their leather wheeled chairs in front of their shiney clean desks promoting WAR.

IMMORAL, period, and honestly Avatar, I can't believe that you do not feel the same way about War and sending our men and women to die, as I do.....because in so many other areas of morality, you seem to be firm?

jd

Nukeman
03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Let's overthrow all dictators of the world then...right? If there is NOTHING wrong with going to war against ANY DAMN DICTATOR out there and that is YOUR reasoning as it being OKAY?

Well, I believe that we should NEVER, EVER send our military men and women to their possible DEATHS in a full fledge WAR unless we are in imminent danger.

Our government and we the people, should never FORCE these military men that volunteered to PROTECT US from imminent danger, in to WARS OF CHOICE that have nothing to do with our own lives being at stake.

IT IS IMMORAL to send these guys to die for NOTHING that had anything to do with our own safety and imminent danger risks, while people like you sit in their leather wheeled chairs in front of their shiney clean desks promoting WAR.

IMMORAL, period, and honestly Avatar, I can't believe that you do not feel the same way about War and sending our men and women to die, as I do.....because in so many other areas of morality, you seem to be firm?

jdJD i find myself in full agreement with you on this. :clap:

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
JD i find myself in full agreement with you on this. :clap:

I got some baggage when it comes to this issue Nuke....

I was a small child when my father volunteered to serve a year in Vietnam....he was in the Air Force, late twenties or in his early 30's... and i was a youngun in grade school when he left.....

I can still cry to this day reliving him walking down the tarmac at JFK international airport in NYC, thinking that I would never see my Daddy alive again.... my mom and grandparents would never let my sister and I hear the news during that period and mom tried to console me about Dad, but even at that young age, I KNEW HIM GOING TO WAR was NOT a good thing and knew he could die while there....I cried and prayed every single day, the whole year he was gone.....sickened and scared and I missed him sooooooooo much!!! Once in a while I would catch my mom, on her knees in the bedroom, crying and praying he would make it home safe, and not be killed. Every night in our prayer and blessing before dinner, we made mention to please bringing dad home safely and to please guide our country in this war.

Like I said....I got ALOT of baggage...personal feelings and baggage from my past that will never allow me to think of War in a light manner.... :(!

jd

Classact
03-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I got some baggage when it comes to this issue Nuke....

I was a small child when my father volunteered to serve a year in Vietnam....he was in the Air Force, late twenties or in his early 30's... and i was a youngun in grade school when he left.....

I can still cry to this day reliving him walking down the tarmac at JFK international airport in NYC, thinking that I would never see my Daddy alive again.... my mom and grandparents would never let my sister and I hear the news during that period and mom tried to console me about Dad, but even at that young age, I KNEW HIM GOING TO WAR was NOT a good thing and knew he could die while there....I cried and prayed every single day, the whole year he was gone.....sickened and scared and I missed him sooooooooo much!!! Once in a while I would catch my mom, on her knees in the bedroom, crying and praying he would make it home safe, and not be killed. Every night in our prayer and blessing before dinner, we made mention to please bringing dad home safely and to please guide our country in this war.

Like I said....I got ALOT of baggage...personal feelings and baggage from my past that will never allow me to think of War in a light manner.... :(!

jdGood morning jd. Have you ever forgiven your father for volunteering to go to war? I think that is a very selfish thing to do considering he has a family that should be his prime responsibility and not his job. I volunteered to go to Vietnam shortly after my best army friend was killed there and my First Sergeant, that had had three tours there convinced me to wait until I was "selected" to go to Vietnam... He threatened to beat my ass for trying to get out of "his unit."

I think the Iraq War was and is a just war. I agree that many times we send our warriors off to war it is not in the defence of our nation but Iraq does not fall into this definition.

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Good morning jd. Have you ever forgiven your father for volunteering to go to war? I think that is a very selfish thing to do considering he has a family that should be his prime responsibility and not his job. I volunteered to go to Vietnam shortly after my best army friend was killed there and my First Sergeant, that had had three tours there convinced me to wait until I was "selected" to go to Vietnam... He threatened to beat my ass for trying to get out of "his unit."

I think the Iraq War was and is a just war. I agree that many times we send our warriors off to war it is not in the defence of our nation but Iraq does not fall into this definition.

good morning Classact,

I never "blamed" my father for volunteering to go there....this WAS the career he chose in life, he was a "lifer"....22 years in total! He, believed in the "cause", from what he knew about Viet Nam back then...

I also thought that he chose to protect our country by going to fight the enemy of Americans!!!

I never held it against him for volunteering, I was proud of him for doing it!

This is how my mom and my grandparents presented him going to War to my sister and I as children...My father was a hero, got honored with the bronze star during his tour there!!! :) Really, there are no hard feelings for him volunteering!

I just don't think the "average Joe" out there... understands the full extent of sending a soldier off to fight in a War...that the soldier's families suffer a great deal for their sacrafice...even if the sacrafice is not death, but just time spent over in a warzone, while their families are hurting, and scared, and alone and praying for their loved one to make it home in one piece....

The men and women that serve our country give up a great deal in doing such, I just want to NOTE that their wives and husbands and children and parents ALSO sacrafice a great deal of their own familyhood too imho!

Oh, and Yes, several of you on this board who I respect feel differently than me regarding the war in Iraq being justified vs unjustified...

We'll just have to agree to disagree....or continue to try to convince one another why our own personal views are correct!!!! hahahahaha!!!

:salute:

jd

bullypulpit
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I see you waving Obama's flag proudly, i'd hence assume your a keen democrat, in which case did you support/vote J. Kerry in the last US election?

Nothing...Just a feeble attempt to change the subject.

manu1959
03-24-2008, 10:07 AM

jd

the us was not in imminent danger of any war we have fought ......

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 10:12 AM
the us was not in imminent danger of any war we have fought ......I think WAR WAS DECLARED against us by the Germans FIRST, which made us in an imminent danger with them and with the Japanese we were attacked which drew us in to war against them...

I don't know much about world war 1 shamefully, nor the korean war....guess it's time for google to do me good, and get me informed... :)

jd

hjmick
03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Germany declared war on the United States on December 11, 1941. Four days after their Japanese allies bombed Pearl.

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Germany declared war on the United States on December 11, 1941. Four days after their Japanese allies bombed Pearl.Yes! and then WE declared war on Germany AFTER that! We had already declared war on Japan, right after the attack at pearl harbor...we did NOT declare war against Germany at that same time....ONLY after they declared war against us did we declare war against Germany....putting us in an imminent Danger of Germany because THEY had declared war against us...

And good morning HJ

jd

hjmick
03-24-2008, 10:46 AM
And a fine morning to you, JD.

Hagbard Celine
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
The war in Iraq is unjustified and it is illegal according to international law. (shrug) 4,000 Americans have died now over this and I think history will show that they died needlessly. The "we took-out an evil dictator" argument just isn't justified either when you pause to consider the fact that there are many other dictators who've done far worse than Saddam ever did and we couldn't give two sh*ts about them. Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe comes to mind. Why aren't we "spreading democracy" in Zimbabwe?

Classact
03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
The war in Iraq is unjustified and it is illegal according to international law. (shrug) 4,000 Americans have died now over this and I think history will show that they died needlessly. The "we took-out an evil dictator" argument just isn't justified either when you pause to consider the fact that there are many other dictators who've done far worse than Saddam ever did and we couldn't give two sh*ts about them. Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe comes to mind. Why aren't we "spreading democracy" in Zimbabwe?The US involved itself with Iraq as a result of Iraq invading Kuwait. This was a UN action and Iraq was not a direct threat to the US simply by invading Kuwait but in America's interests in the region. Our interests in the region is the oil we must import to maintain our economy. Had Saddam not been removed from Kuwait he could use the combined assets of Iraq/Kuwait to overpower the entire region and set the world price of oil and in doing so control the world economy through blackmail. We agreed to a ceasefire after forcing Saddam out of Kuwait which Saddam failed to live up to. I might point out that Saddam could have completed the ceasefire requirements within 180 days following the signing of the ceasefire if he had desire to do so. Had he lived up to the ceasefire he would be held in equal state status as any other state in the world. Why didn't he become free from restraints of the international community? During the Clinton administration legislation was passed by congress and signed into law requiring Saddam be removed from power regardless if he lives up to the ceasefire or not. The events of 9-11 elevated the fear of terrorism and coupled with the fact that Saddam was known to have deadly agents and aggressive towards America it was necessary that he be challenged to live up to the ceasefire agreement to assure he could not use the enemy of his enemy to combat America. Nothing had changed since he invaded Kuwait, he had not disarmed, it was one war, the Gulf War that was restarted when Saddam failed to live up to the ceasefire agreement that he signed. From the list of wmd's "he, Saddam" provided to the UN were missing 250 tons of deadly chemicals and biological weapons and Saddam refused to interview those who claimed to have destroyed them. The UN has no military force and the US and allies that rallied to the original Gulf War determined the Iraq state to be a threat to the US and the world.

manu1959
03-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I think WAR WAS DECLARED against us by the Germans FIRST, which made us in an imminent danger with them and with the Japanese we were attacked which drew us in to war against them...

I don't know much about world war 1 shamefully, nor the korean war....guess it's time for google to do me good, and get me informed... :)

jd

so what the germans had not done anything....OBL declared war on the us as well

LiberalNation
03-24-2008, 01:57 PM
OBL does not = saddam. See we invaded afghanistan over OBL. Iraq for their WMDs, and real reasons only Bush knows.

03-24-2008, 01:57 PM

jd

You obviously aren't paying attention. The fact that it wouldnt necessarily be wise to overthrow every dictator does not mean that overthrowing a ruthless dictator is immoral.

I wish people would read.

03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
The war in Iraq is unjustified and it is illegal according to international law. (shrug) 4,000 Americans have died now over this and I think history will show that they died needlessly. The "we took-out an evil dictator" argument just isn't justified either when you pause to consider the fact that there are many other dictators who've done far worse than Saddam ever did and we couldn't give two sh*ts about them. Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe comes to mind. Why aren't we "spreading democracy" in Zimbabwe?

no it's not. nothing illegal about it.

Besides, the highest law of the land is the constitution. international law is considered federal law only when its not conflicting with the Constitution. The Constitution provides clear provisions on when war is legal or not and it was perfectly legal.

03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
OBL does not = saddam. See we invaded afghanistan over OBL. Iraq for their WMDs, and real reasons only Bush knows.

After 9/11, we declared war on terrorism and all governments that support terrorism. Iraq supported terrorism. it's not that difficult to understand the connection. you'd think after 7 years of discussing it people would understand it.

In addition, there was another resolution to use force in Iraq. Passed because Saddam had failed to comply with his responsibilities to eliminate WMDs and had plans to restore WMD programs the second he could. In a post 9/11 world, it would have been foolish to leave Saddam with his connections to terror groups in power with the potential to develop and give WMDs to terrorists.

Again, it's been over 7 years since this discussion was started. it's not really that difficult to understand. Why is it you guys can't figure this out? Saddam had every chance to comply with his obligations. You can only threaten dictators so often with "or else" before you actually have to comply with the "or else". Failing to do so would destroy your credibility in dealing with any situation.

jimnyc
03-24-2008, 03:10 PM
The war in Iraq is unjustified and it is illegal according to international law.

If illegal, what official charges have been brought forth against the US? And if none, why do you think no other country is stepping up to the plate to initiate proceedings? All the liberals I know are stating that we are hated around the world because of Bush, so it shouldn't be hard to find a group willing to go to international court and bring formal charges. I'm curious as to why after 5 years there have been no charges.

As for the lies, if you want to call them that, then why aren't you condemning the MANY democrats who also spoke the same/similar words as this administration pertaining to Iraq and the certainty of WMD's and terrorist ties?

manu1959
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM

afganistan for obl.....

iraq for broken truce and un violations....

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
afganistan for obl.....

iraq for broken truce and un violations....
so, every broken un resolution can permit any member of the UN to unilaterally enforce such resolution?

Any un member can go and ATTACK ISRAEL for not following un resolutions?

Any UN member can come and attack us if we repeatedly ignore a UN resolution?

THAT is just PLAIN silly and NOT the case imo.

Also, can you SHOW US HOW saddam broke these resolutions that we claimed he broke?

Did he have the stockpiles of Chemical weapons that MEANT he broke the un resolution?

NO

Did he have the stuff WE CLAIMED he had and did it make what we said true?

NO

Why did we attack Iraq when we were NOT in any imminent danger?

Why did we send our men and women in the Military to die?

CERTAINLY NOT for our safety, and that my friend IS IMMORAL in my book...as far as legal vs illegal....I don't know one way or the other...

What I do know is "right" from "wrong" and this war looking back on it was simply wrong and unjustified....at the time this President CHOSE to start it.

And BULLSHIT on there being support for terrorists there and that's why we sent our men and women to die there....bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.....

Saddam paid the remaining family members of the deseased suicide bombers that tried to kill Israelis 25k is what has been said....BIG FRICKING DEAL....There is no way in Heaven that we should send our men and women...fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters to their death because of some dude that supports the families of suicide bombers of Israelis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISRAEL can take care of herself....she is not part of the Sovereign USA. And I am a supporter of Israel but I also know our own Sovereignty and have allegience to only one country, the USA.

jd

manu1959
03-24-2008, 06:46 PM
so, every broken un resolution can permit any member of the UN to unilaterally enforce such resolution?

Any un member can go and ATTACK ISRAEL for not following un resolutions?

Any UN member can come and attack us if we repeatedly ignore a UN resolution?

THAT is just PLAIN silly and NOT the case imo.

Also, can you SHOW US HOW saddam broke these resolutions that we claimed he broke?

Did he have the stockpiles of Chemical weapons that MEANT he broke the un resolution?

NO

Did he have the stuff WE CLAIMED he had and did it make what we said true?

NO

Why did we attack Iraq when we were NOT in any imminent danger?

Why did we send our men and women in the Military to die?

CERTAINLY NOT for our safety, and that my friend IS IMMORAL in my book...as far as legal vs illegal....I don't know one way or the other...

What I do know is "right" from "wrong" and this war looking back on it was simply wrong and unjustified....at the time this President CHOSE to start it.

And BULLSHIT on there being support for terrorists there and that's why we sent our men and women to die there....bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.....

Saddam paid the remaining family members of the deseased suicide bombers that tried to kill Israelis 25k is what has been said....BIG FRICKING DEAL....There is no way in Heaven that we should send our men and women...fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters to their death because of some dude that supports the families of suicide bombers of Israelis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISRAEL can take care of herself....she is not part of the Sovereign USA. And I am a supporter of Israel but I also know our own Sovereignty and have allegience to only one country, the USA.

jd

nice rant......just stating why the two fronts.....why did we attack germany or korea or bosnia or somalia or vietnam hey those were al dem wars.....anyway....america was under no direct threat there either and millions died......

you seem to forget that all the dems voted to start the war....bush asked first....unlike someone else we know that went to war then asked.....

stephanie
03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
funny how we've hardly heard a word from the media or the Democrats lately on Iraq..

But they all come alive(with glee for some) when to them we've reached ANOTHER GRIM MILESTONE in their petty eyes...

They make me sick..

May God Bless all those who have sacrificed with their life for us and our country..:salute:

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 07:35 PM
nice rant......just stating why the two fronts.....why did we attack germany or korea or bosnia or somalia or vietnam hey those were al dem wars.....anyway....america was under no direct threat there either and millions died......

you seem to forget that all the dems voted to start the war....bush asked first....unlike someone else we know that went to war then asked.....
I haven't forgotten who voted for this war Manu and it was NOT ALL the Dems, in the house of representation where we get our power as the "people" MOST of the Democrats in the house, voted AGAINST the war....my representative in the House voted against the war.

The Senate is each STATE'S two representatives....and I had one Senator that voted for the resolution giving Bush the decision making power with alot of reservations and I had my other Senator vote against it.

I don't care about all the skirmishes or wars in the past that you bring up....two wrongs or even ten wrongs....do NOT in any way make something right...that is not right imo.

And the caps when I use them are not yelling, but as emphasis so please do not take it as an insult of any kind...just a posting habbit that i picked up over the years and have not been able to break it...and I have TRIED!!! :)

Like I have said, I know I am stubborn and dead set on this issue because of the baggage I carry from childhood.

I don't want any kid or any mom or any wife to have to go through the agony, and misery, and frightening situation that I had to go through with my father going to War unless it is absolutely a necessity....and I was one of the lucky ones, my dad came home sick, but not mamed, and not in a casket! :(

Hey, i won't change on this.... i just won't. I know my baggage has a lot to do with this...but it is with me forever, it is a deep scar...

I also know there are good solid reasons for many to disagree with me, including some of my own family members, who have honest reasons for believing differently than me BUTTTTTTTT, they are all WRONG!!!! lol

jd

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
funny how we've hardly heard a word from the media or the Democrats lately on Iraq..

But they all come alive(with glee for some) when to them we've reached ANOTHER GRIM MILESTONE in their petty eyes...

They make me sick..

May God Bless all those who have sacrificed with their life for us and our country..:salute:
I'll take it a step further...

May God Bless all those left behind of these heros...the wives, and mothers, and fathers, and children and husbands that are left here on this earth without their loved one... they too have sacraficed a great deal and they will be in pain and have their loss, the rest of their lives on Earth.

"Blessed are those who Mourn,
for they will be comforted" MATTHEW 5

i pray for the Blessing above to be true...may God be with you to comfort you.... I can feel your pain... :(

jd

manu1959
03-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I haven't forgotten who voted for this war Manu and it was NOT ALL the Dems, in the house of representation where we get our power as the "people" MOST of the Democrats in the house, voted AGAINST the war....my representative in the House voted against the war.

The Senate is each STATE'S two representatives....and I had one Senator that voted for the resolution giving Bush the decision making power with alot of reservations and I had my other Senator vote against it.

I don't care about all the skirmishes or wars in the past that you bring up....two wrongs or even ten wrongs....do NOT in any way make something right...that is not right imo.

And the caps when I use them are not yelling, but as emphasis so please do not take it as an insult of any kind...just a posting habbit that i picked up over the years and have not been able to break it...and I have TRIED!!! :)

Like I have said, I know I am stubborn and dead set on this issue because of the baggage I carry from childhood.

I don't want any kid or any mom or any wife to have to go through the agony, and misery, and frightening situation that I had to go through with my father going to War unless it is absolutely a necessity....and I was one of the lucky ones, my dad came home sick, but not mamed, and not in a casket! :(

Hey, i won't change on this.... i just won't. I know my baggage has a lot to do with this...but it is with me forever, it is a deep scar...

I also know there are good solid reasons for many to disagree with me, including some of my own family members, who have honest reasons for believing differently than me BUTTTTTTTT, they are all WRONG!!!! lol

jd

my point was america fights wars and has fought many .... all when not directly threatened and has for generations .....

i too have had family fight in wars as far back as general sherman.....

i too agree that we should not be in iraq......

but.....asigning blame is pointless especially given the history of how and why america goes to war......

at this point solutions and success are what is important....criticisim and blame can be sorted out later......

Noir
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Nothing...Just a feeble attempt to change the subject.

Wrong, the point is that the dems rallied around a man that was more pro war than Bush at the last election, i'd simply love to have seen how the US occupation of Iraq would be now if John '3 purple hearts' Kerry was in office, methinks it wouldn't be very perdy. Therefore if you supported the dems at the last election you would be supporting a man 'madder' than George 'madman' Bush and so you'd be a hypocrite. Justa thought...

Gunny
03-24-2008, 09:16 PM
What the Hell is an ‘Unpopular’ War?

‘Unpopular’ - un'pop•u•lar - Lacking general approval or acceptance.

Aw, gee.. The American people really don’t approve of the war. They’ve totally forgotten about the death and destruction in Afghanistan, but they just can’t find it in their hearts to give the war in Iraq a thumbs up. What a shame.

It’s so comforting to know that we’re in the midst of what the pundits now call an ‘unpopular war.’ I suppose it’s something like an unpopular brand of toothpaste, - not really terrible, but somewhat unappealing and not quite what the public wants. “It’s not the war, really,” we hear. “It’s the way it was fought.” It’s not the toothpaste either, I imagine, but something about the after taste.

Is it conceivable that that this illegal, immoral war, built on a mountain of lies and deceptions is merely unpopular? Is it possible that the death, the bloodshed, and the hundreds of billions of wasted dollars simply lack the general approval of most Americans?

One has to wonder what would happen in a ‘popular war.’...

CONTINUED AT:

http://tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index.php/editorial/reggies-commentary/20-regs-thoughts/739-what-the-hell-is-an-unpopular-war

The only problem with your argument is the war is not illegal, nor immoral. Saddam's repeated violations of the ceasefire agreement with the US LEGALLY gave the US the right to resume hostilities at each and every violation.

Morality would dictate that a supposedly advanced, free and educated society would free those oppressed by despotic regimes. In other words, try a different track ... morality arguments don't work for lefties. Kind of laughable, actually.

But since YOU brought it up ...

How come it is you are more than willing to allow unborn children in the US to be murdered while crying a river of tears over every Arab child who so much as misses breakfast?

Go preach your morality bullshit to Obama. Someone needs to.

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
my point was america fights wars and has fought many .... all when not directly threatened and has for generations .....

i too have had family fight in wars as far back as general sherman.....

i too agree that we should not be in iraq......

but.....asigning blame is pointless especially given the history of how and why america goes to war......

at this point solutions and success are what is important....criticisim and blame can be sorted out later......
-Yes, I saw your point.

-good! :)

-I can accept that and understand the position.

-I agree whole heartedly.

jd

manu1959
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
-Yes, I saw your point.

-good! :)

-I can accept that and understand the position.

-I agree whole heartedly.

jd

thank god that is over..............:laugh2:

JohnDoe
03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
thank god that is over..............:laugh2:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! yeah, tiptoeing thru that minefield was dangerous territory!!!!!

:laugh2:

jd

manu1959
03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! yeah, tiptoeing threw that minefield was dangerous territory!!!!!

:laugh2:

jd

you must be hell on wheels at the holidays......:poke:

Dilloduck
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
you must be hell on wheels at the holidays......:poke:

The old "let's start a fight----you win" is always a good one at Easter . :laugh2: