PDA

View Full Version : Do not mix curry and wine!

jimnyc
03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I was invited along with my son to the neighbors house yesterday for an Easter egg hunt. She offered up all kinds of good foods for the parents while the kids were playing. She is half Mandarin and half Indian, and everything she makes is covered in spices, mostly curry though.

Beef curry over rice, curry shrimp, hot wings breaded and fried in a wok with curry sauce. Hell, even the potato salad had a tad bit of curry paste mixed into it. I also had a couple of glasses of wine to wash it down. Admittedly, while awfully hot, the food was outstanding. But it didn't take too long after coming home before I realized what a mistake this was!

My stomach, intestines, esophagus, liver & pancreas are all eating one another for survival. There's a battle going on in there!

Man, White Castle's don't hold a candle to her curry cooking!

dan
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Haha, you should've done like I heard Jordan did: "I'm outta here!"

jimnyc
03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Haha, you should've done like I heard Jordan did: "I'm outta here!"

Yea, the little bastard embarrassed the hell out of me!

We were asked to be there at 1pm, but only an Easter egg hunt was mentioned. When we arrived all the kids quickly started playing together while all the parents were mingling on the back porch, while Selvi was inside cooking all the goodies. While I nibbled on things as they finished, Jordan came inside about 1:40 or so and asked her when the hunt would start and she told him after lunch (which was still 15 minutes away). Well, my wife was home cooking and dinner was scheduled for 2pm.

So now I'm out on the porch mingling and ogling at the other Moms, and Jordan comes out and declares "I have no need to be here anymore, I'm going home!". He was quite pissed at the delay and knew he had to leave for dinner shortly and wasn't the most polite at making his feelings known!

jackass
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
wasn't the most polite at making his feelings known!

Like father like son!! :laugh2: