PDA

View Full Version : Rushing’s shortcomings again apparent

stephanie
03-25-2008, 01:44 PM
:poke:

Everything you need to know about Rep. Byron Rushing’s “anti-lookism” legislation, you can learn from your local Hooters.

The restaurants, I mean.

Anyone who understands the basic economic principles behind the world’s most successful retailer of both chicken wings and orange-clad booty knows what Rushing wants to legislate against isn’t discrimination. It’s human nature.

In Rushing’s world, if Pamela Anderson and Paul Prudhomme applied for the same job at your business, you wouldn’t be allowed to notice the physical disparities.

Either of them.

To notice, Rushing told me yesterday, “would be unfair.”

So if hiring a qualified George Clooney over an equally qualified George Costanza is “unfair,” what is fair?

According to the state rep from Boston, fair is when every employer who declines to hire an “altitudinally-challenged” or “gravitationally-gifted” applicant faces a potential state investigation. Fines and jail time could follow.

read the rest..
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1082688

Hagbard Celine
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Me like Hooters

Nukeman
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
:poke:

Everything you need to know about Rep. Byron Rushing’s “anti-lookism” legislation, you can learn from your local Hooters.

The restaurants, I mean.

Anyone who understands the basic economic principles behind the world’s most successful retailer of both chicken wings and orange-clad booty knows what Rushing wants to legislate against isn’t discrimination. It’s human nature.

In Rushing’s world, if Pamela Anderson and Paul Prudhomme applied for the same job at your business, you wouldn’t be allowed to notice the physical disparities.

Either of them.

To notice, Rushing told me yesterday, “would be unfair.”

So if hiring a qualified George Clooney over an equally qualified George Costanza is “unfair,” what is fair?

According to the state rep from Boston, fair is when every employer who declines to hire an “altitudinally-challenged” or “gravitationally-gifted” applicant faces a potential state investigation. Fines and jail time could follow.

read the rest..
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1082688
Conformity!!!!!!!!!!!! its the new slogan for the left!!!!!!!!