PDA

View Full Version : What Barack Ought To Be Thinking About

Kathianne
03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
At the same time others that want to exploit hate messages should contemplate, IMO, when you read the whole thing, I'd hope the real lesson would expose itself:

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/open-letter-to-senator-obama/

You say you are devoted to Reverend Wright because he brought you to Christ. I can only imagine how powerful a relationship that forges. But, my imperfect understanding of the Christian Faith tells me you can do him an equally magnificent service: You can help bring him back to Christ. Show him redemption and salvation lie not in the satisfaction of doing little dances in a pulpit while you slander good and decent people. Teach him that great leadership and Christian love abjures the very filth – and I pick that word deliberately – that he spews on an apparently regular basis. After all, Senator, you know our government did not invent the HIV virus to kill African-Americans. You know, Senator, this is not the United States of KKK America. You know the truth of 9/11. At least you should. Both you and Michelle have benefited mightily from the new spirit that has come to America in the last two generations. I thought you were part of that. I thought you were post-racial.

But in your silence, in your justifications, in your facile instruction to contextualize, you seem just a more presentable version of those dreary self-promoters, Sharpton, Jackson, Bakewell and the rest. Surely this is not you. Please, Senator, be brave. Lead. From a position of honesty where context is our daily reality, not drawn from bitter memories, no matter how justified they once might have been. Deny Jeremiah Wright your comfort of “context”. Be Presidential. To all Americans....

Pale Rider
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
So aaaaahh.... where's mfm to rip you a new one for posting such crap? :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
At the same time others that want to exploit hate messages should contemplate, IMO, when you read the whole thing, I'd hope the real lesson would expose itself:

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/open-letter-to-senator-obama/

You say you are devoted to Reverend Wright because he brought you to Christ. I can only imagine how powerful a relationship that forges. But, my imperfect understanding of the Christian Faith tells me you can do him an equally magnificent service: You can help bring him back to Christ. Show him redemption and salvation lie not in the satisfaction of doing little dances in a pulpit while you slander good and decent people. Teach him that great leadership and Christian love abjures the very filth – and I pick that word deliberately – that he spews on an apparently regular basis. After all, Senator, you know our government did not invent the HIV virus to kill African-Americans. You know, Senator, this is not the United States of KKK America. You know the truth of 9/11. At least you should. Both you and Michelle have benefited mightily from the new spirit that has come to America in the last two generations. I thought you were part of that. I thought you were post-racial.

But in your silence, in your justifications, in your facile instruction to contextualize, you seem just a more presentable version of those dreary self-promoters, Sharpton, Jackson, Bakewell and the rest. Surely this is not you. Please, Senator, be brave. Lead. From a position of honesty where context is our daily reality, not drawn from bitter memories, no matter how justified they once might have been. Deny Jeremiah Wright your comfort of “context”. Be Presidential. To all Americans....

Excellent sentiment, but after 20 long years of listening raptly to his spiritual leader, mentor, and close friend spout his divisive/tin foil claptrap, I doubt there is any hope that Obama will see the light. Wake up, America, and really look at the lack of judgment of this man you may be voting for.

Classact
03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Excellent sentiment, but after 20 long years of listening raptly to his spiritual leader, mentor, and close friend spout his divisive/tin foil claptrap, I doubt there is any hope that Obama will see the light. Wake up, America, and really look at the lack of judgment of this man you may be voting for.Obama in his own words says the Afro Americans in his hood are looking for a handout and depend on the system to do the dirty work for them...

What best characterizes Barack Obama is a quote from an article in Illinois Issues, a retrospective look at his experience as a community organizer while he was completing his degree at Harvard:

"... community organizations and organizers are hampered by their own dogmas about the style and substance of organizing. Most practice ... a 'consumer advocacy' approach, with a focus on wrestling services and resources from outside powers that be. Few are thinking of harnessing the internal productive capacities, both in terms of money and people, that already exist in communities."

Luckily, Mr. Obama does not have any opposition in the primary. His opponents have all dropped out or were ruled off the ballot.
http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2008/01/obama-file-2-barack-obama-was-endorsed.html

Maybe the only way he could get the people to do anything for themselves was to band together with Rev. Wright with his hate for whitie... Maybe this is why he can't divorce Rev. Wright no more than he can divorce the black community? He has became tied to a ideology of masses that demand outside help to fix their problems and to accomplish any good from within requires you hate America and whites. Does that make him a true Afro American?