PDA

View Full Version : Clinton voters go for McCain

Trigg
03-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Seems Clinton supporters would consider voting REPUBLICAN if Obama wins the nomination. Polls like this are going to make the decision for those super delegates.

Seems not all dems were fooled by the "great" speech given by Obama.

PRINCETON, NJ -- A sizable proportion of Democrats would vote for John McCain next November if he is matched against the candidate they do not support for the Democratic nomination. This is particularly true for Hillary Clinton supporters, more than a quarter of whom currently say they would vote for McCain if Barack Obama is the Democratic nominee.

Clinton supporters appear to be somewhat more reactive than Obama supporters. Twenty-eight percent of the former indicate that if Clinton is not the nominee -- and Obama is -- they would support McCain. That compares to 19% of Obama supporters who would support McCain if Obama is not the nominee -- and Clinton is.

It is unknown how many Democrats would actually carry through and vote for a Republican next fall if their preferred candidate does not become the Democratic nominee

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/McCain-vs-Obama-28-Clinton-Backers-McCain.aspx

krisy
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I've seen a lot of this on the news,Hillary voters that refuse to vote for Obama. It makes me wonder if maybe her voters are a little more just Democrats as opposed to Liberals. They are not quite as extreme as Obama voters to the left.

Could be too that a fair number of her white voting block is not happy with Pastor Wrights comments.

CockySOB
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I've seen a lot of this on the news,Hillary voters that refuse to vote for Obama. It makes me wonder if maybe her voters are a little more just Democrats as opposed to Liberals. They are not quite as extreme as Obama voters to the left.

Could be too that a fair number of her white voting block is not happy with Pastor Wrights comments.

That would be my belief. I think the Obama camp has figured this out as well because Wright's schedule of public appearances/presentations has been canceled at the moment. Just saw it on the televised news, and corroborated it via Google news.

I guess Obama wouldn't disown Wright, but he might just try to sweep him under the rug. If that is the case, Obama will take another huge hit.

Roadrunner
03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
You can bet your life that if Obama gets the nomination, the Clintons & their team will be working day and night behind the scenes to keep him from being elected. Don't think for a minute that Hillary is going to quit if she loses the first time out in the major leagues. Even the Democrats recognize that they have a major problem with the Clintons.

I'll bet John McCain is loving every minute of this. Talk about a gift that just keeps giving.......

Classact
03-26-2008, 10:28 AM
You can bet your life that if Obama gets the nomination, the Clintons & their team will be working day and night behind the scenes to keep him from being elected. Don't think for a minute that Hillary is going to quit if she loses the first time out in the major leagues. Even the Democrats recognize that they have a major problem with the Clintons.

I'll bet John McCain is loving every minute of this. Talk about a gift that just keeps giving.......This is why the super duper delegates want to end the process so they can go beg Clinton supporters to vote for "the party" and assure wins in congress and the White House alike.

Hobbit
03-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I've heard the same thing said by Obama supporters about Clinton. I'm loving this...

krisy
03-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Just from watching them on the news,I'm shocked that any Obama supporters would crossover for McCain. They seem so far to the left.

LiberalNation
03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd vote McCain if I couldn't vote Hillary.

Pale Rider
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM

I'll bet John McCain is loving every minute of this. Talk about a gift that just keeps giving.......

That's what this is all about... http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=13084

03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Operation Chaos is getting the needed results.