PDA

View Full Version : Father calls son's Iraq death "a waste"

gabosaurus
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
FINALLY, a major media publication breaks the stigma and gives a parent the chance to question the obvious -- why are our sons and daughters being sent to their needless deaths?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5648423.html

manu1959
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
FINALLY, a major media publication breaks the stigma and gives a parent the chance to question the obvious -- why are our sons and daughters being sent to their needless deaths?

hasn't cindy been doing this for years.......

gabosaurus
03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
hasn't cindy been doing this for years.......

Cindy is not a normal person. She has become a media whore.

theHawk
03-26-2008, 12:51 PM

The son's death was the result of a vehicle accident, which just about any parent or person for that matter would agree is "a waste". More poeple die in America each year to vehicle accidents(over 44,000) than we have troops dying in battle against the enemy. Where is the outrage for the needless deaths?

Classact
03-26-2008, 01:12 PM
The son's death was the result of a vehicle accident, which just about any parent or person for that matter would agree is "a waste". More poeple die in America each year to vehicle accidents(over 44,000) than we have troops dying in battle against the enemy. Where is the outrage for the needless deaths?During the first year of the Iraq War the Command Sergeants Major of the Army released a safety paper to Army leaders that stated more Army soldiers are casualties to vehicle accidents than Iraq and Afghanistan Wars combined including death counts.

I don't blame any father for being bitter following the loss of their sons life but would question the credibility of those who would capitalize on the fathers loss to defend anti war reactions and support.

rppearso
03-26-2008, 07:49 PM
During the first year of the Iraq War the Command Sergeants Major of the Army released a safety paper to Army leaders that stated more Army soldiers are casualties to vehicle accidents than Iraq and Afghanistan Wars combined including death counts.

I don't blame any father for being bitter following the loss of their sons life but would question the credibility of those who would capitalize on the fathers loss to defend anti war reactions and support.

It is a waste, when people are getting there ass chewed and on 4 hrs of sleep and stressed out this is what happens. If he had been crusising around his home town with 8 to 10 hrs of sleep after spending time with his girl friend I doubt he would have been in a fatal car accident.

Sitarro
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
It is a waste, when people are getting there ass chewed and on 4 hrs of sleep and stressed out this is what happens. If he had been crusising around his home town with 8 to 10 hrs of sleep after spending time with his girl friend I doubt he would have been in a fatal car accident.
What a silly post..... it is clearly stated in the article that he was married and I don't know anyone that sleeps 8-10 hours unless they are medicated.

I live in the Houston area and I can tell you that almost every Friday and Saturday night there will be roll over accidents somewhere on I-25, I have seen plenty. There is almost always numerous stabbings at clubs, shootings on the highways and apartment fires on weekends. The Southwest section of town, where the New Orleans scum settled, is a war zone...... I have talked to cops that say it is hard to find a cop that will go in there.

Drunk driving kills a number of innocent lives that dwarf the dead in iraq and that is each year...... where are your crocodile tears for those people?

Abbey Marie
03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
What a silly post..... it is clearly stated in the article that he was married and I don't know anyone that sleeps 8-10 hours unless they are medicated.

I live in the Houston area and I can tell you that almost every Friday and Saturday night there will be roll over accidents somewhere on I-25, I have seen plenty. There is almost always numerous stabbings at clubs, shootings on the highways and apartment fires on weekends. The Southwest section of town, where the New Orleans scum settled, is a war zone...... I have talked to cops that say it is hard to find a cop that will go in there.

Drunk driving kills a number of innocent lives that dwarf the dead in iraq and that is each year...... where are your crocodile tears for those people?

Hey, be careful out there, Sitarro. We want you to stick around with us!

rppearso
03-27-2008, 08:35 PM

The thing is though when you are home you can choose what activities you engage in and the level of risk you are willing to tolerate, I dont go to clubs and rarely drive when drunks have a higher likely hood of being out or go to new orleans, I make sure my home is in order so I dont have a house fire and if I do I have adaquate insurance. The problem with being in iraq is you get what ever they give you and go where you are told regardless if it makes sense or not and possibly 4 hrs of sleep or less, if im so tired I cant stand I wont go for a walk or go out and drive, but the treat of jail/loss of rights (or as the military likes to call them privilages because everything is a privilage in the military even though its not reality) can intimidate you into do things you should not be doing. So even though he did not get shot or blown up he was a casulty of war becuase he was exposed to the stress of being in the military which likely increased the chances that this accedent happend.