PDA

View Full Version : Bush: Progress in Iraq Is Real

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Bush: Progress in Iraq Is Real

2008-03-27 11:03:44
By JAMES HANNAH Associated Press Writer

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — President Bush on Thursday promoted his war policies, a possible focal point in the presidential campaign as the November election approaches in politically pivotal Ohio.

The troop surge in Iraq has resulted in significant security gains for the country, he said at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

The number of sectarian attacks in the volatile Anbar province have plummeted since the surge, he said.

"The progress in Iraq is real, it's substantive," he said.

Recent news that the U.S. death toll in Iraq hit 4,000 has again turned a spotlight on the conflict, which is entering its sixth year.

Story continues here... (http://www.charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14507148&feedid=14)

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Where has this baboon been in the last week... violence and killing in Iraq is up over levels seen more than six months ago....

retiredman
03-27-2008, 11:07 AM
all that had to happen was Sadr deciding to abandon his ceasefire and within a week, violence is back to nearly pre-surge levels.

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
all that had to happen was Sadr deciding to abandon his ceasefire and within a week, violence is back to nearly pre-surge levels.

This "war" has been a cluster fuck from the very inception of it, and now, five years, four thousand troops dead, and a trillion dollars later, and it's STILL a cluster fuck. We need to get the hell otta there, plain and simple.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
This "war" has been a cluster fuck from the very inception of it, and now, five years, four thousand troops dead, and a trillion dollars later, and it's STILL a cluster fuck. We need to get the hell otta there, plain and simple.

you and I could rebuild our fragile relationship by concentrating on our shared views about Iraq. :cheers2:

Hagbard Celine
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree guys! :thumb:

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
you and I could rebuild our fragile relationship by concentrating on our shared views about Iraq. :cheers2:

There's one big problem with that... you think I'm a liar, and vice versa.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
There's one big problem with that... you think I'm a liar, and vice versa.

I actually don't think you are a liar.... I think you are narrow minded about some issues and bullheaded about most all issues, but I actually do believe that you are a gnarly looking grey haired motorcycle mechanic.

I would be willing to bet that, if you were honest, you would admit that you don't really think that I am a liar either.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Hug it out, bitches. :coffee:

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I actually don't think you are a liar.... I think you are narrow minded about some issues and bullheaded about most all issues, but I actually do believe that you are a gnarly looking grey haired motorcycle mechanic.

I would be willing to bet that, if you were honest, you would admit that you don't really think that I am a liar either.

No, I don't think you're a liar. But when you call me one, guess what?

I have very little grey. Mostly brown and very, very long. Yes I'm a Master Harley Davidson Technician.

But, the thing is, I "DO" see the rants, beliefs and comments of hussein's church and preacher/uncle as racist, as does 99% of everyone else that's heard it.... and now here's the kicker.... "that are white." Black people cheer and scream when the hear that the white man invented Aides to kill blacks, black people cheer and scream when they hear the KKK of America, black people cheer and scream when they hear God damn America.... white people don't. I find how vehemently you defend all this troubling.

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Hug it out, bitches. :coffee:

Maybe they do that where you're from mick, not me.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
No, I don't think you're a liar. But when you call me one, guess what?

I have very little grey. Mostly brown and very, very long. Yes I'm a Master Harley Davidson Technician.

But, the thing is, I "DO" see the rants, beliefs and comments of hussein's church and preacher/uncle as racist, as does 99% of everyone else that's heard it.... and now here's the kicker.... "that are white." Black people cheer and scream when the hear that the white man invented Aides to kill blacks, black people cheer and scream when they hear the KKK of America, black people cheer and scream when they hear God damn America.... white people don't. I find how vehemently you defend all this and more troubling.

your 99% figure still smells like where you pulled it from! :laugh2:

As I said, I understand the context of the AIDS remark, I don't find the KKK remark all that offensive, and I DO take issue with the God Damn America line...but again, go read the old testament and see how many of the prophets railed against the injustice they perceived in civil authority.

Did you ever read that statement from Rev. Thomas of the UCC or watch the brief video of him preaching at TUCC earlier this month? You should.

Do me the favor of reading and watching. please.

http://www.ucc.org/news/responding-to-wright.html

hjmick
03-27-2008, 12:25 PM

LOL. Just a little Entourage reference.

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 12:32 PM

As I said, I understand the context of the AIDS remark, I don't find the KKK remark all that offensive, and I DO take issue with the God Damn America line...but again, go read the old testament and see how many of the prophets railed against the injustice they perceived in civil authority.

Did you ever read that statement from Rev. Thomas of the UCC or watch the brief video of him preaching at TUCC earlier this month? You should.

http://www.ucc.org/news/responding-to-wright.html

I'm not reading anything the racist rev wright wrote. Just a couple visits to the churches website was plenty of racist shit for me, not to mention the videos of him frothing at the mouth with his hate and racism. As far as I'm concerned the man can go to hell, and he very well may. Too bad, he just may suck you down with him.

Monkeybone
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM

he is from Cali i believe....ggggaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Classact
03-27-2008, 12:43 PM

http://www.ucc.org/news/responding-to-wright.htmlThe leader of the Illinois Communist Party attends Rev. Wright's church regularly, they make bookends with Obama sandwich in the middle.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
The leader of the Illinois Communist Party attends Rev. Wright's church regularly, they make bookends with Obama sandwich in the middle.

he's obviously not a very committed communist if he goes to church. :laugh2:

remember: Marx called religion "the opiate of the people"!

retiredman
03-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm not reading anything the racist rev wright wrote. Just a couple visits to the churches website was plenty of racist shit for me, not to mention the videos of him frothing at the mouth with his hate and racism. As far as I'm concerned the man can go to hell, and he very well may. Too bad, he just may suck you down with him.

the link has nothing that reverend wright wrote. It is a statement from the president of the UCC and a video of HIM preaching at TUCC. Do me, and yourself, a favor and read/watch it.

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 03:05 PM
the link has nothing that reverend wright wrote. It is a statement from the president of the UCC and a video of HIM preaching at TUCC. Do me, and yourself, a favor and read/watch it.

No thank you. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with any church or organization that preaches the kind of hate and racism as the TUCC does.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
No thank you. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with any church or organization that preaches the kind of hate and racism as the TUCC does.

The president of the UCC does not preach hate or racism. Are you afraid that he might make some sense to you? Do you always run away from information that does not fit into you neatly packaged view of the world?

Pale Rider
03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
The president of the UCC does not preach hate or racism. Are you afraid that he might make some sense to you? Do you always run away from information that does not fit into you neatly packaged view of the world?

Your pushing your liberal agenda, and I don't want any part of it.

I'm very comfortable already with my Christian faith, and need not read or hear anymore about the racist rev wright than I've already heard, or any church he's associated with. Those bridges were burnt when I heard rev wright preaching his hate and racism.

retiredman
03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Your pushing your liberal agenda, and I don't want any part of it.

I'm very comfortable already with my Christian faith, and need not read or hear anymore about the racist rev wright than I've already heard, or any church he's associated with. Those bridges were burnt when I heard rev wright preaching his hate and racism.

seek first to understand.

atliberty
04-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Citizens Arrest

We know that war has been a tool ruling class elitists have used to transfer wealth to themselves ever since men have been able to organize fighting on a tribal and national theater. We know that this class of people have used god and fear to train people to believe 'they', as the chosen people, are doing god's work by killing people who are not members of their sect.

We know, while many well to do families in the US have handed down profits made from war through generations, that the Bush family is among the most successful of these clans. Samuel Bush, our de facto president's great grandfather sold weapons to opposing parties before and during WWI. Prescott Bush was a banker for a Third Reich owned bank in the US before and during WWII. George Bush Sr. has ties to the Bin Laden Family and has been on the board of directors of the Carlyle Group, which owns many defense contractor companies, who profit from war.

We know that neo-conservative "think tanks", such as Project for a New American Century (PNAC) was planning to attack Iraq, long before 9/11. They in fact wrote that they desired "some catastrophic and catalyzing event—like a new Pearl Harbor.”

We know that 9/11 could not have happened the way it did without foreknowledge, complacency and collaboration from within the US government. The buildings did not collapse in a manner so much like an explosive implosion as a result of the planes hitting them. In fact no plane hit building number 7 and no steel framed skyscraper ever collapsed due to fire.

We know that the case for going to war with Iraq was based on lies. Just as we know that billions of dollars in war profits are going to military industrial complex defense contractor CEOs that helped get G.W. Bush into office. Although they fill the mainstream news media with propaganda about how bad their war is going, the people behind the curtain are taking in blood money like there is no tomorrow, they are winning this war.

We know people in and around the Bush Administration have perpetrated crimes against humanity, war crimes by enacting immoral policies of genocidal proportion. We need people who have inside information to help prove our criminal case against Bush, Cheney and many other persons within their Administration, the Pentagon and military industrial complex so we can translate their crimes into violations of laws as stated in the US Criminal Code under title 18. Even when we have undeniable evidence of their crimes; we still will not easily obtain justice because the majority of our elected officials have let these criminals pack the Supreme Court and install criminals in the US Attorney General's office which is the highest law enforcement office in the land. We need to act as a majority and the majority will have to arrest these criminals.

Again, this is a request for people who have worked in and around the Bush Administration, the Pentagon and the military industrial complex to come forward as informers and whistle blowers. All of the money the criminals who have hijacked our government have given you and may offer you is not worth selling out your family, your nation, your Homo sapiens species and the beautiful planet we all share. Please come forth to help us convict these people who are nothing more than merchant's of death who drink the blood of innocent woman and children as war profiteers. We know their crimes and we will bring about an arrest of these people in the name of the majority of the citizens of the United States with or without the help of public servants who should act responsible and do their jobs by helping us arrest criminals who occupy the highest offices of our land. Please, now is your chance to stand with the many good people of our nation against a few greedy self centered Narcissistic individuals who are certainly guilty of crimes against nation and humanity. Please, we will help you in every way we can if you help us all get these criminals out of office. Please be brave and forthcomming; let the information you know come out to the public. We will do all we can offer you immunity and protection as an informer and whistleblower. The only power the war profiteers have comes from Mammon and the Beast of Bilical proportion. Good will overcome evil and you have a chance to do good.

Thank You

Gaffer
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
We know that your a nutjob.