PDA

View Full Version : Fitna the Movie: Geert Wilders' film about the Quran (English)

stephanie
03-27-2008, 03:16 PM
some graphic scenes..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103&p=1

Gaffer
03-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Good find, I was wondering when that would make it to the internet, since it has been banned by all the european stations and youtube. The country needs to watch as europe is over run (again) then watch as it begins here. Something tells me there is likely to be a Normandy II in the future.

Yurt
03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
for those that try to compare islam to christianity:

56. Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

:dev:

Monkeybone
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
what about the whole same God yurt? that is something that i have been hearing lately

Hagbard Celine
03-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I heard about this on NPR this morning. Glad I got a chance to see it.

Yurt
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
what about the whole same God yurt? that is something that i have been hearing lately

absolutely false. the profit muhammad stole from both the christians and jews that lived in arabia at that time. in fact, his uncle was a prominent christian figure. here is why i don't believe that the "god" is the same:

1. the quran is written completely different than both the talmud and bible

2. the quran expressly states that allah cannot, and has not, ever had a son, jesus is merely a prophet in islam. <-- that is the number one reason

one could then make the argument for the jews and christians, however, i don't believe it is the same. christianity builds on the OT and jewish teachings, it does not change the 10 commandments as does islam. now if the NT said the OT is false and here is our "better version" then christianity would be in the same boat as islam.

edit: i meant torah

diuretic
03-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Go back to the link. The video has been removed as I post this. Read the reasons. Very sad.

I haven't seen it so can't comment on the content so I'll leave it at that.

Yurt
03-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Go back to the link. The video has been removed as I post this. Read the reasons. Very sad.

I haven't seen it so can't comment on the content so I'll leave it at that.

still see the vid, maybe you are being censored :coffee:

stephanie
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I just heard about this from another site..here is what live leak has there now..

I've also been reading where a lot of bloggers sites over there are being suspended for running the movie..

Pretty sad..

diuretic
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
still see the vid, maybe you are being censored :coffee:

No kidding, there are a few politicians here who would do it in an instant. The Attorney-General in my state is holding out against 18+ classifications for video games (blood and guts type). Because of our political system he is able to stop it in other states as well. Now he is a virulently conservative politician, nominally in a progressive party but his own social views are extremely conservative, reactionary I'd say. He would love to censor our internet.

Sorry, sensitive point with me.

diuretic
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I just heard about this from another site..here is what live leak has there now..

I've also been reading where a lot of bloggers sites over there are being suspended for running the movie..

Pretty sad..

Yes, that's what I got. I would think the death threats did it.

stephanie
03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes, that's what I got. I would think the death threats did it.

Yeah..and it's showing that terrorism works...
people better start waking up...

stephanie
03-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I just found this site where you can watch the film..

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/191989.php

I've heard their still on Youtube also..

diuretic
03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks stephanie, rushing to get it downloaded now.

diuretic
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Got it. I will watch it a bit later, thanks again stephanie. I know it won't be pleasant and hey I might even critique it as full of propaganda (or I may not) but at least I get to see it and make my own mind up.

Hobbit
03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
No kidding, there are a few politicians here who would do it in an instant. The Attorney-General in my state is holding out against 18+ classifications for video games (blood and guts type). Because of our political system he is able to stop it in other states as well. Now he is a virulently conservative politician, nominally in a progressive party but his own social views are extremely conservative, reactionary I'd say. He would love to censor our internet.

Sorry, sensitive point with me.

It should be. While I disagree with Roosevelt on the third freedom and somewhat on the fourth, I agree that the freedom of speech and expression, that a man's opinions cannot be made illegal, is the first and foremost freedom necessary in a free society.