PDA

View Full Version : What is a "great son of a whore"?

gabosaurus
03-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I have never heard this expression used before? Any idea?

I didn't even know that Gunny was the admin at USMB. Shows you how much I kept up.

**slaps Gunny around on general principle**

diuretic
03-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I think (hey this is tongue in cheek) it's an expression of extreme outrage. The feel of it is right up there with "spawn of Satan!".

I wonder if "great son of a postwhore!" would have the same effect?

hjmick
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Judging by the context of it's most recent use, I'd have to say that it is someone who bans another from a message board.

Gaffer
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I believe its an old arabic phrase. Kinda like calling someone a son of a bitch. It's definitely not used as word of endearment.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 07:46 PM
I believe its an old arabic phrase. Kinda like calling someone a son of a bitch. It's definitely not used as word of endearment.

That would make sense. Based on what I have seen of Jose's postings elsewhere, I gather that he is sympathetic to the cause of the Palestinians.

Kathianne
03-27-2008, 07:48 PM
That would make sense. Based on what I have seen of Jose's postings elsewhere, I gather that he is sympathetic to the cause of the Palestinians.

Or women.

Yurt
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
definitely middle eastern, saying you are the son of something bad is a great insult

you son a monkey babboon rhinoceros cow faced camel dung eating beatle

or in arabic

osama bin laden

Mr. P
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
My 2 cents....I don't give a shit.

Yurt
03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
My 2 cents....I don't give a shit.

in arabic

osama bin laden

José
03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by jimnyc
Gunny is the administrator over there and I have nothing but loads of respect for him. I've never seen him make a decision that was unfair and never seen him ban anyone without good reason. Not taking sides, as I have no clue what happened, but what happens there should stay there and vice versa.

James from New York City

Nice to see you again, buddy.

During the time you were the owner of the US Message Board you always treated me fairly and this is something I will never forget.

And I’m fully aware that 70% of all the things I posted there must have sent shivers down your spine.

I always wanted to say this to you back then but I knew everybody would think I was sucking up to you.

Well, they’ll think I am now... you just can’t win :suck: :suck:

As for the banning, please, notice that I never said I was unfairly banned.

In fact, I was banned for posting a nasty message, nasty to the tenth power!

The only thing I said was “whoever banned me from the US Message Board (justly or unjustly) is a great son of a whore”.

Aside for gabosaurus:

A great son of a whore is a literal translation of the Spanish/Portuguese expression “un gran hijo de puta”/“um grande filho da puta”.

I thought you could figure it out for yourself since you have so many relatives from Latin America.

Anyway, I’m glad you liked it so much... to the point of posting a whole new thread about it. :lmao::lmao:

hjmick
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
There you go, Gaby, José has explained it himself. No more speculation on it's meaning from those of us in the peanut gallery.

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Well there's lots of son of a whores here in Nevada... what's the big deal...

gabosaurus
03-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I know a ton of Mexican slang. This is obviously more Central/South American.

04-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well there's lots of son of a whores here in Nevada... what's the big deal...

how many did you father?;)

gabosaurus
04-05-2008, 11:25 AM
At least women allow Pale in their general vicinity. :laugh2: