PDA

View Full Version : Another Stab At

stephanie
03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
goodness..what are they putting in the water in Bosie...
I love being called a GUN NUT..:laugh2:

Shooting my mouth off to gun nuts

BY BILL COPE

While we await the Supreme Court's decision on what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they penned the Second Amendment, I thought it might be a good time to try to explain to those "law-abiding" and "emotionally stable" gun nuts we hear so much about—the ones who are always scheming to find more and more ridiculous ways to impress us with their firearms studliness—why we think it's a horrible, absurd idea for them to be toting concealed weapons onto our university campuses or into our state and federal parks, as it would seem many are itching to do.

I know, I know ... I'm wasting my time. Gun nuts are defined by their uncompromising nuttiness when it comes to guns. As sane people, we all understand this.

Still, with over 60,000 Americans being shot every year—12,000 of them to death—I feel an obligation to try. It's like spending a buck or two on Powerball tickets: nuh-uh, no way in hell do I seriously expect to win. But if I did win, it's only because I bought the ticket, yes? Same with trying to make sense about guns to gun nuts. Following me?

Ergo, every few months ... maybe once a year ... I give it another go. I can't just sit here and say nothing while these loony bastards keep coming up with new ways to demonstrate how nuts they are, especially since many of them are in a position to actually turn their fantasies into reality—e.g., state legislatures, Congress, etc. For example, I have learned (thanks to a recent report by Stephen Colbert) of a state legislator from Tennessee who wants to change the law in his state so that bar patrons can carry concealed weapons when they go out drinking. And isn't that just a marvelous idea ... saloon after saloon full of juiced-up rednecks packing pistols? I'll bet the night shift down at the Chattanooga police station can't wait for that to happen, huh?

read the rest of you can stand it...great comments there..
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A312263

Little-Acorn
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, this author Bill Cope, and gun owners, are certainly on opposite ends of the nuttiness scale.

:D

5stringJeff
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Talk about a strawman argument. Guns in bars is a bad idea, period. Guns carried by students who have CCL's is no different than guns carried by any other person with a CCL.