PDA

View Full Version : For All You Yankees Up North

Sitarro
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
This is what Spring looks like here with millions of Azaleas in bloom just in time for The Masters. I shot these the other night in the yard. The second shot had a little too much flash.

The Reverend
03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Yankees Up North

Isn't that redundant???

Sitarro
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Yankees Up North

Isn't that redundant???

I was trying to sound southern.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Yankees Up North

Isn't that redundant???

Have you been to Florida?

The Reverend
03-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Thankfully no.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Thankfully no.

LOL. I'll never go back, except to go down to the Keys.

Sitarro
03-27-2008, 07:24 PM

The beaches on the gulf side between Ft. Walton and Destin are easily the most beautiful I have ever seen.

JohnDoe
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
JUST Beautiful! you're making me sick....2 inches of snow due tonight.... :(

i got the spring fever bug sooooooo badly.....

hjmick
03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
The beaches on the gulf side between Ft. Walton and Destin are easily the most beautiful I have ever seen.

I'll give you that. Having spent my youth in Texas, I have always had a fondness for the Gulf beaches.

JohnDoe
03-27-2008, 07:39 PM
THAT'S IT!

I am gonna go buy a green house right now.... i just can't wait to get in to the garden! damnit!

Kathianne
03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
JUST Beautiful! you're making me sick....2 inches of snow due tonight.... :(

i got the spring fever bug sooooooo badly.....

Here too! I don't care, next week is spring break and I'm wearing my capris. I don't care if it is in the 40's.

JohnDoe
03-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Here too! I don't care, next week is spring break and I'm wearing my capris. I don't care if it is in the 40's.

Damnit, I am gonna wear mine too, and maybe even a true revolt and put the darn walking shorts on, (with a long underwear shirt and sweatshirt on top!...and maybe Parka on top of that :( )

:laugh2:

jd

Abbey Marie
03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
We'll be in Disney next week. But, I hate hot weather, so no bragging from me. Spring in the Northeast is fantastic, though.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Orlando or Anaheim?

Kathianne
03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Damnit, I am gonna wear mine too, and maybe even a true revolt and put the darn walking shorts on, (with a long underwear shirt and sweatshirt on top!...and maybe Parka on top of that :( )

:laugh2:

jd

No joke! The really good thing about exercising at the health club is wearing shorts!

It's too freakin' cold here. One day next week has temps in 50's. Sigh.

I'm going to see Jersey Boys Tuesday, going to wear Spring clothes, though I know I'll have to wear the 'coat.' ;)

Abbey Marie
03-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Orlando or Anaheim?

Orlando.

hjmick
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Orlando.

Better you than me! LOL

Have fun. Seriously.

manu1959
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM

bummer.......i got sunburned last weekend.....

Kathianne
03-27-2008, 08:57 PM
bummer.......i got sunburned last weekend.....

Sorry about the sunburn, but :slap: It's snowing right now.

Mr. P
03-27-2008, 09:18 PM
We'll be in Disney next week. But, I hate hot weather, so no bragging from me. Spring in the Northeast is fantastic, though.

As far as weather...mid 60s-70s here for about 2 weeks now...SPRING! :poke: :dance:

Sitarro
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
As far as weather...mid 60s-70s here for about 2 weeks now...SPRING! :poke: :dance:

It was 84 today..... I would much prefer 60-70s.

Dilloduck
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
It was 84 today..... I would much prefer 60-70s.

yup--looks like we might be in for a hot dry summer but right now it's great. Garden prepped for planting and trees all leafed out. Shorts and a t-shirt--my summer uniform !!

Sitarro
03-27-2008, 09:46 PM
yup--looks like we might be in for a hot dry summer but right now it's great. Garden prepped for planting and trees all leafed out. Shorts and a t-shirt--my summer uniform !!

Yea, dry for you guys but we are too close to the damn Gulf, hot and ridiculously humid.

jackass
03-28-2008, 08:03 AM
As a transported Yankee living in SC I must say, spring time here is absolutely marvelous! 1 more month though and its already going to be too hot for me!! :)

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2008, 08:59 AM

next week, thank goodness.....going to visit my son in Clearwater over spring break.....

JohnDoe
03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
This is what it looks like here right this very moment! :(

The pic was just taken from an upstairs window.

Snowing like crazy!

Being TOO hot, doesn't sound that bad to me right now...Bwhaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa.....

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/DSCF0019.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb279/johndoe_057/DSCF0020.jpg

jackass
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
I LOVE when it snows!!! :dance:

:( I havent seen it snow for over a year! :(

Abbey Marie
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Lucky you! High 60's are my favorite temps by far.

I'll wave when we pass you, Mr. P. :salute:

jackass
03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
It was 80 here today!! Thats just too hot for March Im sorry! :slap:

5stringJeff
03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
It snowed two inches last night! :( I hate the North.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Lived in Tampa for three and half years, and one of the nicest beaches in Tampa isn't accessible by the public. It's the tip of the Tampa peninsula, and that's MacDill AFB. Loved it. Clearwater had some really awesome beaches though. It was fun to live down there. It was like on long vacation, but I was glad to leave. Rode my bike all around the state though. The gulf side is most definitely the prettiest, IMO.

DragonStryk72
03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
This is what Spring looks like here with millions of Azaleas in bloom just in time for The Masters. I shot these the other night in the yard. The second shot had a little too much flash.

Wha about all us yankees livin down south?

JohnDoe
03-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Lived in Tampa for three and half years, and one of the nicest beaches in Tampa isn't accessible by the public. It's the tip of the Tampa peninsula, and that's MacDill AFB. Loved it. Clearwater had some really awesome beaches though. It was fun to live down there. It was like on long vacation, but I was glad to leave. Rode my bike all around the state though. The gulf side is most definitely the prettiest, IMO.
hmmmmm, when were you there? I lived in Tampa/st Pete for 10 years....

my parents live 70 miles north of there now, and they own an RV....which they drive down to macdill and rent a camp spot for a buck, on the bay/beach for a night or two once every month....they do a little mini vacation on that beautiful beach on macdill and then spend a few hours shopping at the commissary and BX....then go home.

you are right, the best beach in Tampa area is MacDill where most people do not have access....

As far as the Gulf Beaches, clearwater, madiera beach, St pete beach, reddington beach.....they are ALL lovely, and the sunsets over the gulf are incredible, and the water is warm and clear.

making me homesick for the beaches! They have the most awesome shells on the gulf coast too! (for any old fogies that like to shell hunt :) )

Btw, ever visit the ABC Lounge right on Gandy near the base entrance? Alot of service men visited there and did some heavy drinking!!!!

Matt and I hung out there when younger.... it's nick name was the AB SLEEZE lounge..... hahahahahaha! we fit right in back then, i guess????:laugh2:

jd

jackass
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Virginia isnt in the south silly!! :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Lesson close..."Ya'll come back, ya hear?" :poke:

Trigg
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I just got back from Orlando, when I left it was in the high 30's and rainy. Today it's in the 60's. Not bad at all.

We took the kids through Plant City (outside Tampa) and showed them where we got married and my high school. They of course were bored stiff, but I enjoyed driving through.

I realized again how much I hate driving through Georgia, we left at a bad time and got stuck in Atlanta's rush hour. We decided we'd stop in Chattanooga TN, but before we made it a semi wrecked and the entire freeway was closed down. We ended pulling into a cheap motel since it was the only thing at that exit, we had to stop before hubby killed someone :laugh2:.

Abbey Marie
04-08-2008, 10:19 AM
We just got back from Orlando too, but we let USAir do the driving. We had very nice weather all day, then thunderstorms in the evening, every day.
I thought it was nice- low 80's- not as hot and humid as I was afraid it would be. Couldn't live there, though.

I never did see a bug, large or small, so I was happy! Lots of alligators and large birds, though.