PDA

View Full Version : Man Writes Check on 2-Ply Toilet Paper

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Man Writes Check on 2-Ply Toilet Paper

2008-03-27 21:42:29

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — An upstate New York man embroiled in a dispute over his water bill is not being allowed to pay off his debt with a check written on toilet paper. Ron Borgna tried to settle his $2,509.66 bill with a check written on floral print, two-ply toilet paper Wednesday.

The disagreement began in September 2006 when Borgna received a $422.90 water bill. Borgna claims he was overbilled. With additional charges, penalties and late fees that bill has grown.

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14508533&feedid=14

jackass
03-28-2008, 07:47 AM
I thought technically you could write a check on anything.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 12:05 PM

I believe if you have your account number and routing number, then sign it, you can.

I think it was the message this guy was sending that they didn't like.

jackass
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I think it was the message this guy was sending that they didn't like.

Im sure that is exactly what was bothering them!! :laugh2:
How can they blame the guy though??!? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Im sure that is exactly what was bothering them!! :laugh2:
How can they blame the guy though??!? :laugh2:

I understand how the guy feels. These companies just pump these bills out, and if there's a huge mistake on one or not, they expect to get paid. If there's a mistake, it's never up to the company to straighten it out. It's up to the poor slob that got the bill. The company makes the mistake, and then it's up to you to straighten it out. It's not fair. It's an outrage. I know right where this guy is coming from.

I think I'm going to make myself a big pad of bills, and each time I get a bill from some company that I just don't like, I think I'm going to send them a bill for say... maybe a grand... and tell them it's for pissing me off and causing me undue stress, and tell them that if they don't pay it, I will enter a statement into the credit report, and interest will begin to accrue in the amount of 24.99% daily, compounded.

jackass
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Now that sounds like a plan Pale! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Now that sounds like a plan Pale! :laugh2:

Believe it or not ja... back in the day after I had the first neurosurgery on my neck, I went through some skinny times as far as income. I fell behind a little and had a couple collection agencies after me. One had all these extra fees, so I made up a bill that said I was charging them for all the time it took me to deal with their communique, as ridiculous as this may sound, opening the letter, reading it, mental anguish due to threats, and the time it took to formulate a response, all at $100 an hour. It offset all their fees, and they no longer wanted to deal with me.... :laugh:

If a person or company can bill you, why can't you bill them? If the government or a company can pull fees for this and fees for that out of thin air, why can't we?

krisy
03-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Some of these utility companies are out of control. Our power company is supposed to come in the garage to get to our basement and read our meter if we aren't home. For whatever reason,two months in a row they didn't come in and estimated our bill. Of course it was grossly overestimated and I had to call them and go read the meter to them myself. In two months,it turned out they had overestimated us 500 bucks! If I hadn't called,we would have eaten that bill.

Also,some of the idiots that work there aren't real understanding when you need to make an arrangement. Most are if you are really nice to them I've found.:coffee:

jimnyc
03-29-2008, 03:59 PM
What a shitty thing to do! :coffee:

A check must meet 5 points to be accepted:

Account number
Routing number
Date
"pay to"
Signature

I don't know if the laws have since changed, but that's how it was when I worked at a bank (about 20 years ago).