PDA

View Full Version : Woman Says TSA Forced Piercings Removal

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Woman Says TSA Forced Piercings Removal

2008-03-28 03:53:18
By GREG RISLING Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.

The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.

Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The agent then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.

Hamlin said she could not remove them and asked whether she could instead display her pierced breasts in private to the female agent. But several other male officers told her she could not board her flight until the jewelry was out, she said.

Story continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14509329&feedid=7)

Abbey Marie
03-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Why do people have jewelry that can't be easily removed? Shouldn't these work like earrings?

Hagbard Celine
03-28-2008, 02:59 PM
More importantly, why would someone wear metal nipple rings to the airport where they know they'll have to pass through metal detectors? I didn't read anything more than the headline because I never do, but what should've been done is she should've been given a private room in which to remove the piercings and then gone back through security sans peircings. If this is what happened, it was handled correctly.

Abbey Marie
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
To me, removing them with pliers, is the most important point. Ouch. :coffee:

Mr. P
03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. Yeah..I bet that nipple hurt for awhile after it was pierced..I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sorry, but IMO anyone that will piece their nipple is a MORON Mandi, deal with it!

Hagbard Celine
03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah..I bet that nipple hurt for awhile after it was pierced..I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sorry, but IMO anyone that will piece their nipple is a MORON Mandi, deal with it!

Take a look at this:
http://suicidegirls.com/join/gallery/
And get back to me. Punk chicks are hot. And they come with pierced ninners. And I'm okay with that. :)

Mr. P
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
To me, removing them with pliers, is the most important point. Ouch. :coffee:

All these jewelry items I've ever seen have a lil ball thing that screws on end...my guess is she couldn't unscrew it with her fingers and need a pair of pliers to get a gripe.

Abbey Marie
03-28-2008, 03:21 PM
All these jewelry items I've ever seen have a lil ball thing that screws on end...my guess is she couldn't unscrew it with her fingers and need a pair of pliers to get a gripe.

Yow!!!

Mr. P
03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Yow!!!

LOL a grip on the jewelry not her nipple. :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Take a look at this:
http://suicidegirls.com/join/gallery/
And get back to me. Punk chicks are hot. And they come with pierced ninners. And I'm okay with that. :)

Ain't going there hag...to low on Nitro tabs, :slap:

Hagbard Celine
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Ain't going there hag...to low on Nitro tabs, :slap:

Tattoos, all kinds of piercings and some crazy colored drapes. Some of them even dye the carpet too. Yowza! :cheers2:

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah..I bet that nipple hurt for awhile after it was pierced..I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I have to agree with you Mr. P. Sure it may have hurt coming out, but I'd bet it hurt a lot more going IN! And hey, you're going to walk through a METAL DETECTOR... HELLO! Get a freagin' clue.

I think all this piercing is ugly. All the steel in the face, the nipples, other lower places, it's disgusting. Ears are... acceptable, and I'm extremely glad I haven't run into a woman with steel in any of the other places. If it ever got to the point where I came in contact with it, I'd say OK, this is where we stop. You either get rid of the steel, or we're done.

DragonStryk72
03-28-2008, 11:52 PM
my problem here is that, honestly, this is completely useles points of security. They had already identified what was setting off the metal detectors. there were no knives, nothing that could be used as a weapon of any kind, it was useless security, which is, in fact, worse than no security.

Beyond this, we still only check about 1% of ships coming into our country, so really, airport security addons are doubly useless, since if the terrorists want, they could just waltz on through over open ocean, but, not like anyone would ever think to transport things by boat.

Now, in no way whatsoever am I ever getting pierced (scary needles), but frank fact is, once you've been able to identify something as a completely mundane item, it stops being security, and begins being useless regulation for the sake of looking like you're doing something.

5stringJeff
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Ttiwwop

krisy
03-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Allred wrote. "The last time that I checked a nipple was not a dangerous weapon."

:lol::lol:

Too funny. When I heard this on the radio at 6:30 a.m. yesterday morning on the way to work,I couldn't help but laughing out loud.

Mr. P
03-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Allred wrote. "The last time that I checked a nipple was not a dangerous weapon."

Too funny. When I heard this on the radio at 6:30 a.m. yesterday morning on the way to work,I couldn't help but laughing out loud.

Well maybe a nipple is not a weapon, but they are dangerous, I've seen some I'd KILL for!:laugh2:

DragonStryk72
03-30-2008, 10:59 AM

though, honestly, I would kind of like to see a woman able to hold up a plane using only her breasts to do it.