PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Republican Ticket?

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 04:40 AM
McCain, Romney Campaign Together in Utah

Mar 27, 6:50 PM (ET)
By LIZ SIDOTI

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - In a show of Republican unity, one-time bitter foes John McCain and Mitt Romney raised money and campaigned together Thursday for a single goal - getting McCain elected president.

"We are united. Now our job is to energize our party," the Arizona senator said in an airport hangar, flanked by Romney and Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., an early McCain supporter. Both have been mentioned as potential vice presidential picks, and McCain praised each.

Romney lauded McCain and promised to do all he can to help, saying: "He is a man who is proven and tested" and without question the right man to be president.

In February, Romney won 90 percent of the vote in Utah to McCain's 5 percent. Romney's ties to the state run deep, from his Mormon faith to his work overseeing the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.

Story continues here... (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080327/D8VM2AI00.html)

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 04:43 AM
I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I understand Romney trying to help get a republican elected, but on the other hand, this whole, "let's get behind mccain" movement is rather sickening. It should be more like, "let's hold mccains ass to the fire and make sure he doesn't lick any more liberals boots."

Roadrunner
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
McCain has had several "notables" traveling with him for various reasons during his primary campaign, the most frequent being Joe Lieberman and Lindsay Graham. I don't think Romney will be offered the V.P. spot on the McCain ticket. He's a good Republican team player with a lot of business know-how that could be put to use in a McCain Administration. I do think his chances of occupying a post somewhere in a McCain administration is good if McCain becomes President.

theHawk
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
McCain...with Romney next to him. Just the thought gets me a lot less energized. Its like going from being forced to swallow a bitter pill to eating a shit sandwich.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
McCain has had several "notables" traveling with him for various reasons during his primary campaign, the most frequent being Joe Lieberman and Lindsay Graham. I don't think Romney will be offered the V.P. spot on the McCain ticket. He's a good Republican team player with a lot of business know-how that could be put to use in a McCain Administration. I do think his chances of occupying a post somewhere in a McCain administration is good if McCain becomes President.

McCain...with Romney next to him. Just the thought gets me a lot less energized. Its like going from being forced to swallow a bitter pill to eating a shit sandwich.

I think Romney would be a better VP choice than Lieberman or Graham. Either of those two are detriments, not assets.

And I think Romney is looking at a possible run for President from the VP slot.

Monkeybone
03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
it could be that Pale, or they could be trying the whole " SEE..we're a UNIFIED party, even the two of us that were bickering" that is how you "unite" america. not with in party fighting.

....maybe?

theHawk
03-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I think Romney would be a better VP choice than Lieberman or Graham. Either of those two are detriments, not assets.

And I think Romney is looking at a possible run for President from the VP slot.

I don't think it helps McCain's "ticket" by adding another liberal like Romney. He needs a good conservative like Steele or Condi. :salute:

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
could Romney as VP turn Massachussets and Michigan red?.....

03-28-2008, 05:40 PM

Michigan definiately... Mass.... not unless the Democrats run two candidates.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 10:08 PM
it could be that Pale, or they could be trying the whole " SEE..we're a UNIFIED party, even the two of us that were bickering" that is how you "unite" america. not with in party fighting.

....maybe?
You may be right... as the dems are locked in an eye gouging fight to the death, it may be to give everyone the impression that the republicans are all getting along.

I don't think it helps McCain's "ticket" by adding another liberal like Romney. He needs a good conservative like Steele or Condi. :salute:
I agree... a stronger conservative would help mccain. I like Condi, I just don't know much about what her political beliefs are.

Michingan, maybe. Mass... I doubt it.

Michigan definiately... Mass.... not unless the Democrats run two candidates.
Yup.

I don't know what's going with mccain and Romney... it may just all be about impressions, not a job. Hell I think if mccain is going to pick one of the guys he was running against for VP, it ought to be someone more like Tancredo or Hunter. A "TRUE" conservative... that would CERTAINLY make mccain a boat load easier to vote for, for conservatives.

PostmodernProphet
03-29-2008, 06:25 AM
well, these are the ?-mark states....which VP candidate swings them red...... Florida (27), Iowa (7), Maryland (10), Missouri (11), Ohio (20), Pennsylvania (21), Wisconsin (10)…….

red states rule
03-29-2008, 06:27 AM
well, these are the ?-mark states....which VP candidate swings them red...... Florida (27), Iowa (7), Maryland (10), Missouri (11), Ohio (20), Pennsylvania (21), Wisconsin (10)…….

I have all the confidence in McCain's ability to blow it in November.

His speech the other day was a sick. Global warming, closing GITMO, trying to please other countries. Sounded like a speech either Obamaor Hillary would have given

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Steele would be perfect.

krisy
03-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I would like to see Mitt Romney run with McCain. After Fred Thompson dropped out,I was hoping for either him or Huckabee to get the nomination. As someone said earlier,he may have a good chance at the nomination next time too,if McCain were to win this year,but not run in the next presidential election.

03-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Hell I think if mccain is going to pick one of the guys he was running against for VP, it ought to be someone more like Tancredo or Hunter. A "TRUE" conservative... that would CERTAINLY make mccain a boat load easier to vote for, for conservatives.

As good at Tancredo or Hunter might be, he would never pick them. The fact is conservatives didnt overwhelmingly support either of them in the primaries. they weren't really a factor. I am not sure McCain will see picking either of them as a factor to getting conservatives when they werent a huge factor to conservatives in the primary.

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 02:23 PM
As good at Tancredo or Hunter might be, he would never pick them. The fact is conservatives didnt overwhelmingly support either of them in the primaries. they weren't really a factor. I am not sure McCain will see picking either of them as a factor to getting conservatives when they werent a huge factor to conservatives in the primary.

I think that might have been because not enough people know anything about anyone they haven't seen or heard on TV. They just don't educate themselves. Too much apathy. I think if they got to know either one of those guys better, they'd like them a whole lot more. That and the fact that during the primaries the vote was so split up, this little old RINO mccain kind of back door slithered into where he's at.

Tancredo and Hunter had good support here on this board, and that's because the people here take time to do some research on who's who and what they stand for. If mccain picks some wishy, washy, luke warm ass wad like Lieberman, I can GUARANTEE you, I won't vote for him. That will seal the deal. Whether it's Tancredo or Hunter or not, he better pick a TRUE CONSERVATIVE to balance out his liberal leanings, or he can fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.