PDA

View Full Version : The Gap between the Haves and Have Nots Grows Enormously Under Bush

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 06:09 PM
When it comes to Republican aspirations for personal self worth there is no shame.

The gulf between rich and poor in the United States is yawning wider than ever, and the number of extremely impoverished is at a three-decade high, a report out Saturday found.

Based on the latest available US census data from 2005, the McClatchy Newspapers analysis found that almost 16 million Americans live in "deep or severe poverty" defined as a family of four with two children earning less than 9,903 dollars -- one half the federal poverty line figure.

For individuals the "deep poverty" threshold was an income under 5,080 dollars a year.

"The McClatchy analysis found that the number of severely poor Americans grew by 26 percent from 2000 to 2005," the US newspaper chain reported.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070225/ts_alt_afp/useconomypoverty_070225003515

Americans became the Americans they are today with more progressive ideology and more genuine concerns for each other than is demonstrated in the marketplaces of today. Why are some now so content to vote, repeat party slogans and espouse self destructing ideologies without thinking it all through? It beats the hell out of me. But, the election of 2006 is promising, don’t you think?

darin
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Excellent - that means, when read the correct way, Business is THRIVING, and fewer people are out of work. :) Nice!

Hobbit
02-25-2007, 07:02 PM
As long as the have nots have color TV, I don't want to hear them bitching.

glockmail
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
When it comes to Republican aspirations for personal self worth there is no shame....

Why should there be. Do you believe that "The Rich" take money from "The Poor"?

manu1959
02-25-2007, 08:17 PM
these must be the people that don't want the jobs the illegal aliens do......:poke:

Gunny
02-25-2007, 08:36 PM
When it comes to Republican aspirations for personal self worth there is no shame.

The gulf between rich and poor in the United States is yawning wider than ever, and the number of extremely impoverished is at a three-decade high, a report out Saturday found.

Based on the latest available US census data from 2005, the McClatchy Newspapers analysis found that almost 16 million Americans live in "deep or severe poverty" defined as a family of four with two children earning less than 9,903 dollars -- one half the federal poverty line figure.

For individuals the "deep poverty" threshold was an income under 5,080 dollars a year.

"The McClatchy analysis found that the number of severely poor Americans grew by 26 percent from 2000 to 2005," the US newspaper chain reported.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070225/ts_alt_afp/useconomypoverty_070225003515

Americans became the Americans they are today with more progressive ideology and more genuine concerns for each other than is demonstrated in the marketplaces of today. Why are some now so content to vote, repeat party slogans and espouse self destructing ideologies without thinking it all through? It beats the hell out of me. But, the election of 2006 is promising, don’t you think?

Sorry dude, but it was Bush's predecessor who raped the middle class's wallets. I was doing fine before Clinton, and STILL haven't fully-recovered financially since.

02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Perhaps if Liberals would help join us in ending Illegal immigration, so there wasnt a whole underclass of people who shouldnt be in this nation and have no chance to move up social classes, this wouldnt be a problem.

Psychoblues
02-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Talk to your prez about his program of "comprehensive immigration policy" and then get back with me.

Perhaps if Liberals would help join us in ending Illegal immigration, so there wasnt a whole underclass of people who shouldnt be in this nation and have no chance to move up social classes, this wouldnt be a problem.

He obviously can't undetermine your interests in workforce stagnation and progessive American ideologies so I won't pretend that I know how to open your mind and give peace and harmony a chance.

02-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Talk to your prez about his program of "comprehensive immigration policy" and then get back with me.

He obviously can't undetermine your interests in workforce stagnation and progessive American ideologies so I won't pretend that I know how to open your mind and give peace and harmony a chance.

If you haven't been reading we do talk to the President about his "comprehensive immigration policy" its one of the few problems we actually have with him. You'd know this if you paid attention more often.

However, the weaknesses in his immigration policy don't excuse the weaknesses in yours.

Psychoblues
02-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I can dig it. Democrats have been trying, like you, to reach his unreachable ass.

If you haven't been reading we do talk to the President about his "comprehensive immigration policy" its one of the few problems we actually have with him. You'd know this if you paid attention more often.

However, the weaknesses in his immigration policy don't excuse the weaknesses in yours.

There are promises in our immigration policies and they will not be reached under this particular presidency, I fear.
:slap:

02-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I can dig it. Democrats have been trying, like you, to reach his unreachable ass.

There are promises in our immigration policies and they will not be reached under this particular presidency, I fear.
:slap:

What are you talking about? Democrats are the number one supporters of the President's immigration plan. Heck, they want to take it to the next step and grant full amnesty. Probably because it makes things less awkward when the Illegal aliens are caught voting for Democrats at the polling place.

Psychoblues
02-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Nope, jerkoff, it is not amnesty that we are all about. But there is a level of immigration policy that is firmly rooted in American Law and demonstrated over and over again in our history.

What are you talking about? Democrats are the number one supporters of the President's immigration plan. Heck, they want to take it to the next step and grant full amnesty. Probably because it makes things less awkward when the Illegal aliens are caught voting for Democrats at the polling place.

Certainly we all resent the propensities of the Mexicans to undermine our common labor wage/hour standards. We also resent the propensities of our IT professionals to outsourse our IT work to India, the Phillipines, China and other sources of English (only barely) speaking business interests. Pitiful. Even our very superb abilities to manufacture clothing and other household amenities is threatened by this unwanted and illegal transfer of American labor talent to overseas entities. Not to mention that our automakers can still produce vehicles at less than the cost of any other western nation.

I could write you a book but there are plenty that you can already find at your local library. Get real, avatar4321, or at least get reasonable.

glockmail
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
.... We also resent the propensities of our IT professionals to outsourse our IT work to India, the Phillipines, China and other sources of English (only barely) speaking business interests. .....

I sense some bigotry here. I'm glad IT got outsourced. Those guys are arrogant assholes, made way too much money for their real value.

How 'bout answering my earlier post?

02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Nope, jerkoff, it is not amnesty that we are all about. But there is a level of immigration policy that is firmly rooted in American Law and demonstrated over and over again in our history.

Certainly we all resent the propensities of the Mexicans to undermine our common labor wage/hour standards. We also resent the propensities of our IT professionals to outsourse our IT work to India, the Phillipines, China and other sources of English (only barely) speaking business interests. Pitiful. Even our very superb abilities to manufacture clothing and other household amenities is threatened by this unwanted and illegal transfer of American labor talent to overseas entities. Not to mention that our automakers can still produce vehicles at less than the cost of any other western nation.

I could write you a book but there are plenty that you can already find at your local library. Get real, avatar4321, or at least get reasonable.

Hello???!?! Ted Kennedy's Illegal Immigration bill focused on Amnesty. On what planet would a bill for amnesty NOT be a plan for amnesty?

The sheer fact that you've devolved into petty insults without discussing facts shows the complete weakness of your argument.

You claim outrage that jobs are being outsourced, and whose fault is it? It sure isn't ours. Not that it will matter much because outsourcing IT jobs is one of the stupidest ideas the companies have come up with. The market will bring the jobs back because people like to understand the people they are talking to. Of course, that's dependant upon our educational system creating people who can actually speak english. Something the inner city schools, run by Democrats, have had major problems with.

So whose fault is it really?

Besides, who the heck are you to tell people from other nations that they arent good enough to have a job? They are entitled to any job they can do well. Much like we are. The way to fix outsourcing isnt to become protectionist and destroy our economy, its to rise ourselves to a higher level of preformance so we can compete.

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I read an article on this study. The income levels used in this study did not include Social Security and welfare benefits, which obviously make the poor substantially richer. In fact, once all income is included, the gap between rich and poor has been in steady decline since 1987 (IIRC).

darin
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I read an article on this study. The income levels used in this study did not include Social Security and welfare benefits, which obviously make the poor substantially richer. In fact, once all income is included, the gap between rich and poor has been in steady decline since 1987 (IIRC).

Excellent! Can you link to said story?

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Excellent! Can you link to said story?

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6880

This links to the executive summary. The full story is in a pdf file linked to on that page.

darin
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
word, thanks.

Psychoblues
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
word, give it the credibility that you gave the "emminent nuclear and WMD threat" as descibed by your gods in the administration.

word, thanks.

Sheesh, why are conservatives not so conservative when it comes to truth, honesty and national security? Not to mention economics, jobs and debt?

OCA
03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Have nots simply need to get up off their asses and work harder. The constitution does not guarantee you a middle class or better existence.

Hobbit
03-04-2007, 10:55 PM
The fallacy of this entire argument is that the so-called 'gap' between the 'haves' and 'have-nots' is not because the 'have-nots' have less. In fact, the average American living below the poverty level has a higher standard of living than the average European (notice, not the average poor European, but the average European, period). This 'gap' is, in fact, caused by the fact that those who actually work hard for a living and prosper have far more than similar people used to.

Psychoblues
03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
The "average" American struggles to purchase the "Health Insurance" needed to treat the environmental disasters that Americans create for themselves.

The fallacy of this entire argument is that the so-called 'gap' between the 'haves' and 'have-nots' is not because the 'have-nots' have less. In fact, the average American living below the poverty level has a higher standard of living than the average European (notice, not the average poor European, but the average European, period). This 'gap' is, in fact, caused by the fact that those who actually work hard for a living and prosper have far more than similar people used to.

The below "average" American does what they can to get the healthcare they need to the great expense of average "Americans". The filthy rich never even notice.

Hobbit
03-04-2007, 11:08 PM
The "average" American struggles to purchase the "Health Insurance" needed to treat the environmental disasters that Americans create for themselves.

Bullcrap. I wanna see some credible statistics on this, especially since I'm currently only making abou $13k a year and can afford my own health care, despite both a personal and family history of cancer.

The below "average" American does what they can to get the healthcare they need to the great expense of average "Americans". The filthy rich never even notice.

What about such charities as the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, St. Jude's Hospital, or the dozens of other charities designed to provide health care to those who actually need it, rather than tossing out some government-funded crap to every idiot with a hangnail.

shattered
03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Bullcrap. I wanna see some credible statistics on this, especially since I'm currently only making abou $13k a year and can afford my own health care, despite both a personal and family history of cancer.

What about such charities as the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, St. Jude's Hospital, or the <b>dozens of other charities designed to provide health care to those who actually need it, rather than tossing out some government-funded crap to every idiot with a hangnail.</b>

:clap: :clap: :clap:

(But...hangnails really hurt)

glockmail
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Bullcrap. I wanna see some credible statistics on this, ..... Don't hold yer breath.

manu1959
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
The "average" American struggles to purchase the "Health Insurance" needed to treat the environmental disasters that Americans create for themselves. The below "average" American does what they can to get the healthcare they need to the great expense of average "Americans". The filthy rich never even notice.

why is it the responsibilty of filthy rich to care for the average?

Gunny
03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
why is it the responsibilty of filthy rich to care for the average?

Who are the "average" that can't afford health insurance? Most of the low-income people I work around manage to have it. So what exactly is the "bar" for "average?"

OCA
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM

What a load of fucking dogshit. Since when do people use health insurance to treat "enviromental" disasters?

You don't even understand what you are posting most of the time do you.... liar?

glockmail
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
What a load of fucking dogshit. Since when do people use health insurance to treat "enviromental" disasters?

You don't even understand what you are posting most of the time do you.... liar?

I think he's opining that we Americans scewed up the planet and have poisioned ourselves. Or maybe he's just on opium.

BTW, is that dog shit on your sandwhich?

OCA
03-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I think he's opining that we Americans scewed up the planet and have poisioned ourselves. Or maybe he's just on opium.

Glock its friggin gyro (pronounced yeeeeero) meat with tomatoes, onions and tzatziki sauce. Get out and try one, most takeout joints have one on the menu, try it, you won't be disappointed.

Dogshit indeed!:laugh2:

BTW Evil stuck me with that avatar when the board first got up and going, its all I have to remember that dyslexic bastard by!

CSM
03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Glock its friggin gyro (pronounced yeeeeero) meat with tomatoes, onions and tzatziki sauce. Get out and try one, most takeout joints have one on the menu, try it, you won't be disappointed.

BTW Evil stuck me with that avatar when the board first got up and going, its all I have to remember that dyslexic bastard by!

They are totally awesome! Got introduced to them on the island of Crete.

OCA
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Basically they are street food, kind of like a big mac, every country in that region has their own version. Arabs call it shawarma.

Gunny
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Damn ... you been there too? That's three of us.

Must be a vast, right wing conspiracy.:laugh2:

CSM
03-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Damn ... you been there too? That's three of us.

Must be a vast, right wing conspiracy.:laugh2:

30 years galavantin around the world .... I am bound to have it a few places you did!

But you are correcy, it's all part of the plan!

glockmail
03-06-2007, 06:57 AM

Must be a local thing Baltimore influence, no doubt, as I have heard of one, and I've lived in The Gay State (before it was gay), Connecticut, and Upstate NY before i found Gods Country. Probably Greek influence, which is good, because Greeks always have great food.

Here our "street food" is chili dogs (hot dog with chili dumped on it), usually with a load of (cole) slaw dumped on it as well. You can't get sauerkraut on the street, unless the vendor is a yankee, then you have to ask for it in a whisper.

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Indeed, it is Americans who contribute mostly to the poisoning of our environment in water, air and in the business environment. Our overwhelming military is also now doing a pretty good job of poisoning the diplomatic environment but they are only following the orders of a civilian leadership most of which have no idea as to the operations or ramifications of military competency or an otherwise failed military policy.

God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!! God knows they serve well regardless the evil or incompetence of their orders!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Check with the AMA about "environmental effects on the health of the population", oca.

Do you ever know or understand what you are posting about?

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I sense some bigotry here. I'm glad IT got outsourced. Those guys are arrogant assholes, made way too much money for their real value.

How 'bout answering my earlier post?

Wow, what a generalization. Neither my husband nor my BIL nor our good friends are arrogant assholes, and I hardly think they are exceptions. As for "real value", ask any large corporation's exec how important an effective IT department is to their bottom line.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Indeed, it is Americans who contribute mostly to the poisoning of our environment in water, air and in the business environment. Our overwhelming military is also now doing a pretty good job of poisoning the diplomatic environment .... Ever hear of China? :pee:

glockmail
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, what a generalization. Neither my husband nor my BIL nor our good friends are arrogant assholes, and I hardly think they are exceptions. As for "real value", ask any large corporation's exec how important an effective IT department is to their bottom line.

Generalization is a good thing, especially if I'm right at least 1/2 the time. Accountants are important to the bottom line too, and I don't like them either.

Sitarro
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Indeed, it is Americans who contribute mostly to the poisoning of our environment in water, air and in the business environment. Our overwhelming military is also now doing a pretty good job of poisoning the diplomatic environment but they are only following the orders of a civilian leadership most of which have no idea as to the operations or ramifications of military competency or an otherwise failed military policy.

You're full of shit and a faggot.

God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!! God knows they serve well regardless the evil or incompetence of their orders!!!!!!!!

Like you give a shit about the troops you treasonous faggot. You don't even believe in God you jerk.

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I am not so certain that Jesus led you to say what you say.

You're full of shit and a faggot.

Like you give a shit about the troop you treasonous faggot. You don't even believe in God you jerk.

Whatever. I've slipped a time or two myself.

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Generalization is a good thing, especially if I'm right at least 1/2 the time. Accountants are important to the bottom line too, and I don't like them either.

Not liking them, and saying they are overpaid and offer little real value are two different things.

glockmail
03-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Not liking them, and saying they are overpaid and offer little real value are two different things. Many I've met were arrogant and, in my opinion, overpaid. Same opinion of many bookkeeps. How's that?